Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

skasion posted:

Also opposite of reality

Sorry but its true, the book is boring. The Hobbit is better as a book, but Lord of the Rings is better as a movie. Nervous about how the Amazon TV show adaptation is going to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
It’s not an adaptation so will probably just be generic fantasy poo poo

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

skasion posted:

Opposite of reality

Christopher Tolkien in late 2001 just before the movies came out: “I recognize that this is a debatable and complex question of art, and the suggestions that have been made that I 'disapprove' of the films, whatever their cinematic quality, even to the extent of thinking ill of those with whom I may differ, are wholly without foundation.”

Christopher Tolkien in 2012: “They gutted the book, making an action film for 15 to 25-year-olds.”

Look who is still pissy they didn’t have a half hour song devoted to Tom Babidinall.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I said come in! posted:

The movies are better than the book by a massive margin.

Don't...tempt me, Frodo

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Flakey posted:

Not complaining about Josh Brolin, but if they had accurately cast "ugly lump of a man" Gurney, I wonder who they would have gone with.

J.K. Simmons. Seriously. Aged badass lothario musician MMA mentor who's just shy of being 'handsome' but still a man-rear end dude. His entire career has built up to it. Brolin is cool and all but despite the past decade's successes he's still the meathead older brother from the Goonies.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

drunkill posted:

Frank Klepacki re-did the soundtrack for Dune 2000 (the updated/remake of Dune II) and elements of that song are used in the track 'Under Construction': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOoTQS1oezQ&t=9s

Here is the original DUne II soundtrack on his website though, if you do want that: https://www.frankklepacki.com/ost/vg/dune2

Speaking of the videogames, here is a retrospective on Dune II, 2000 and Emperor: Battle for Dune which came out on youtub this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOemQuy2JUc

Worth a watch.

Thanks! Glad the history mentions the influence of Herzog Zwei. What a technical showpiece that game was.

edit; on another note, pretty excited for the C&C remaster

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 17, 2020

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Johnny Aztec posted:

Look who is still pissy they didn’t have a half hour song devoted to Tom Babidinall.

it would have been rad
goldberry all up in the background doing u know what

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

J.K. Simmons. Seriously. Aged badass lothario musician MMA mentor who's just shy of being 'handsome' but still a man-rear end dude. His entire career has built up to it. Brolin is cool and all but despite the past decade's successes he's still the meathead older brother from the Goonies.

Kull wahad!

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Flakey posted:

Kull wahad!

...bring the coffee?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

drunkill posted:

Green. Here it is with the brightness up

A white hawk? WHITE?! :bahgawd:

E:

drunkill posted:

Speaking of the videogames, here is a retrospective on Dune II, 2000 and Emperor: Battle for Dune which came out on youtub this week.

Worth a watch.

Great video. Guy really wants to be Ahoy, it's sort of endearing.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Apr 17, 2020

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

drunkill posted:

Green. Here it is with the brightness up

I wish I could get away with wearing boots and pants like that in day to day situations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Sekenr posted:

I wish I could get away with wearing boots and pants like that in day to day situations.

Take advantage of the lockdown!

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Sekenr posted:

None of them seem to fit. They need Hugo Boss to start tailoring things.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Good soup! posted:

someone post that Muad'dib, Muad'doob, Muad'dab image, I can't find it pls

Muad'dib, Muad'doob, Muad'dab, Mua Don't Know Any More!

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I like that the stillsuits have well-defined poo-pouches on the thighs.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

drunkill posted:

Worth a watch.
Only thing that's "bad" about this video, is that it doesn't really mention Dune Generations, at all.

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

Joke Miriam posted:

And well-defined poo poo-tubes in the rear end

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

kiimo posted:

Studios are extremely cautious about when to start screenings and last I heard they hadn't had a screening that included Brian. He surely would have blabbed all about it if he had.

Usually the first screenings are for influencers from lack of a better word and that's when you start seeing tweet reactions. Someone like Brian who is only involved in the sense that he gets a useless executive producer credit would probably see the 3rd or 4th screening.

It's April and it's coming out in December. At this point it'll just be Villenueve, the editorial team, the writer(s), and the producers that will have seen a full cut. Also maybe the composer, though they probably wouldn't get a full cut, rather a bunch of individual scenes and sequences. VFX also would be getting partial sequences to work on too, not a full cut.

Brian won't see it until like three weeks before release.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

THE BAR posted:

A white hawk? WHITE?! :bahgawd:

E:

Great video. Guy really wants to be Ahoy, it's sort of endearing.

who is ahoy? would i like them?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Inverted Icon posted:

And well-defined poo poo-tubes in the rear end

Your poo poo-tube is fitted dessert-form.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Doc Hawkins posted:

who is ahoy? would i like them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSb87DC-PtA&list=UUE1jXbVAGJQEORz9nZqb5bQ&index=19

If you like well edited videos about the history of video games, guns in video games, and video games in general, you probably will!

Inverted Icon
Apr 8, 2020

by Athanatos

davidspackage posted:

Your poo poo-tube is fitted dessert-form.

It...felt like the right way

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Joke Miriam posted:

They knew they would face fan rebellion otherwise.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

The big problem I see here is how Glossu 'the beast' Rabban strangled his father the count of Lankiveil. The only honorable Harkonnen
E: Don't they suck? Aren't Harkennen loving awful in every way

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 18, 2020

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Do you know that the ancient enmity is caused by some sort of Harkenonnen cowardice during the battle at Corrino, and these noble motherfuckers are never gonna let this go? Shame forver

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This will be the best movie ever and I will construct elaborate defensive constructs to justify it

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

euphronius posted:

This will be the best movie ever and I will construct elaborate defensive constructs to justify it

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

euphronius posted:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

So I looked up the coward harkkonnen and the wiki has a loving eve online portrait for a picture. lmao

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

euphronius posted:

This will be the best movie ever and I will allow fanatic hordes to cut their gory path across the universe in its name

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Arrogant as gently caress House Atrides. Father of the duke kiled by raging bull, because they just produce a show for his people forbidden by EU but allowed by Caladan. Constantly humiliate Harkonnen for bravery which they lack

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 18, 2020

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Goddamn. Bonus points for being one of those actors who's good in anything they do.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

And if Jessica listened to her Order, instead of her duke Leto who she fallen with. She would produce a girl who could marry Feud-Rautha and thus reconcile the encient feud. Instead she gave birth to Paul and thus green/black banners forever.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Sekenr posted:

And if Jessica listened to her Order, instead of her duke Leto who she fallen with. She would produce a girl who could marry Feud-Rautha and thus reconcile the encient feud. Instead she gave birth to Paul and thus green/black banners forever.

and the daughter from THAT Union would have been the true KH, according to the BG.

The BG assumed that she would be BG trained and under BG control, but considering how little control they had on Jessica, that idea is laughable.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

what was the BG gonna do with the KH anyway

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/mrgracemugabe/status/1251338667395706882

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

FBS posted:

what was the BG gonna do with the KH anyway

The son of Feyd and an Atreides daughter wouldn't have had any trouble taking the throne, plus he would be able to tell them what was in the ~scary male~ part of Other Memory.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

THE BAR posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSb87DC-PtA&list=UUE1jXbVAGJQEORz9nZqb5bQ&index=19

If you like well edited videos about the history of video games, guns in video games, and video games in general, you probably will!

wtf, these are great

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Inverted Icon posted:

It...felt like the right way

*stares at u intently while having elaborate inner monologue*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk