Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

snoo posted:

the average flu death rate is 0.01, not 0.1 :nallears:

yeah i'm not a math guy by any means, but i feel like a global yearly death rate of roughly 56000 people dying from flu each year, and 156000 dying in like, two months is... different somehow. not sure how yet but i'll get back to you

edit: i realize now we're only at 152000 but i figure by the time i finish the edit it'll be correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Danger posted:

is he mixing up signs here or just being confusing? a rate of .08 to .14 is 8-14%.

"http://Outkick.com, @outkick @foxsportsradio 6-9 am et & @lockitinonfs1 TV show 4:30 et, author, Republicans Buy Sneakers Too, dad of three boys, lawyer"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

euphronius posted:

re doctor Phil

Americans take 411 billion car trips per year

if 2% were fatal that would mean 8.2 billion Americans would die per year

and we still wouldn't shut our country down over it.

:patriot:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Danger posted:

is he mixing up signs here or just being confusing? a rate of .08 to .14 is 8-14%.

i think the easiest explanation is

he's an idiot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo Texas reopening today !
??

holy gently caress

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

??

holy gently caress

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

euphronius posted:

??

holy gently caress

governor is beginning the process starting today

people gonna die :(

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

euphronius posted:

??

holy gently caress

After abbots conference I commented on a post in our neighborhood fb group that it was a shame the tree didn't fall a few feet to the right and now a bunch of them are very mad at me. Oh and I got kicked out of the group wtf

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1dnqKGuezo

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Aren't there Italian towns that lost like 2% of their population? I guess everyone just got COVID 20 times

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Also pretty stunning that NYC is around 1/600 dead from covid. They average person needs to know 24 people for it to be the case that you probably know a friend of a friend that died.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Lightning Knight posted:

It is good, but it's turn-based strategy, so if you're not into that, you will not like it.

I like your av

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

twoday posted:

I like your av

Squizzle did this! it owns!

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

euphronius posted:

re doctor Phil

Americans take 411 billion car trips per year

if 2% were fatal that would mean 8.2 billion Americans would die per year

once cars have killed all 300 million of us in the US they will become sentient and hunt the remaining humans left on earth, like terminators. once the supply of earth humans has been exhausted the car collective will use its AI smarts to build warp drives that take them on killing sprees around the galaxy

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Judakel posted:

I like how he stopped to compliment his response despite the fact his state is in shambles.

it was most definitely Humblebrag: Xtreme Edition

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

im gonna go ahead and take the mortality rate of the spanish flu at face value, which assumes that they deployed perfect massive testing in 1918

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1251244055411019776

quote:

President Trump unveiled a proposal this week to reopen America’s gyms in spite of the coronavirus outbreak after a phone call that included the head of the company that owns luxury fitness brands Equinox and SoulCycle, who also happens to be a high-profile Trump supporter. The White House included gyms among the businesses that would reopen to the general public during “phase one” of its plan to jump-start the American economy, which has cratered amid nationwide stay-at-home orders and business closures.

The inclusion struck public health experts as bizarre. “Gyms are like a petri dish,” said Laurence Gostin, the director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University. “People are close to one another, they’re sweating, they’re coughing and sneezing, they’re touching multiple surfaces, they’re sharing equipment, they’re indoors. Literally all of the heightened risk factors for COVID transmission are all entwined together in a gym.”

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

I mean can we really be surprised at this point.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

I like how he stopped to compliment his response despite the fact his state is in shambles.

very presidental!

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Lightning Knight posted:

Squizzle did this! it owns!

try not to evolve into rguyovich

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

“Gyms are like a petri dish,” said Laurence Gostin, the director of the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law at Georgetown University. “People are close to one another, they’re sweating, they’re coughing and sneezing, they’re touching multiple surfaces, they’re sharing equipment, they’re indoors. Literally all of the heightened risk factors for COVID transmission are all entwined together in a gym.”

welp I'm never going to a gym again :byodood:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Azathoth posted:

im permabanned poster coronastomper58. i first started reading covid when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "social distancing" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "where are my trumpbux" and "i lust for boomer death" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "social distancing" style of pandemic response was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" covid to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

:shuckyes:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
Cars but Stephen King's Trucks

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

twoday posted:

Yeah I don't know the specific answer, I'm just thinking about one study which was done that said that cytokine production changed drastically within hours of injection. The mechanism underlying BCG immunity doesn't work with antibodies as much as altering the immune response and cytokine production, which happens before the build up of antibodies, so I wouldn't be surprised if works faster but I don't know the answer tbh and I doubt anyone else does either

TB is a bacteria and so the antibodies against it would be useless against covid-19, it's all about the cytokines

the most complete theory i've seen of this is that it reprograms bone marrow to produce more effective white blood cells but idk if it works anyone who isn't a baby

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

This from Donald Trump, the man who believes exercise is bad for you

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1251225869445726208
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1251226263186026498
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1251226567155617796
https://twitter.com/magi_jay/status/1251227784707522562

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Atrocious Joe posted:

those numbers look bad, but remember, Sweden has at least 6 times as big a population as any of those other countries

lol parody right?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Of course this anti-Bernie resistance twitter superstar is a mess.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

gym enthusiast donald trump

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Atrocious Joe posted:

those numbers look bad, but remember, Sweden has at least 6 times as big a population as any of those other countries

get a brain moran

weird to learn from this that swedes are even loving dumber than americans, grats

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/DanielStrauss4/status/1251257334174814211

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
I had no idea the Swedes were such blackpilled chuds

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

euphronius posted:

??

holy gently caress

nah Abbott just released a press release saying that to keep our absolutely nutbar Lt Governor from blaming him for everything. it really doesn't change much.

because we never shut down all the way due to Abbot making everything "essential".

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Azathoth posted:

i would advise all people who "get" covid to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

:cmon:

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Nothus posted:

I had no idea the Swedes were such blackpilled chuds

And yet even they have universal healthcare

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1251249834394345479

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
picked up produce direct from a local restaurant supplier (check to see if any are doing it in your area!) and I saw a couple of cars parked in front of a CrossFit box today and there were actually people in there

lmao at kipping their social distancing too

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Steam Code: AVZN6-DKHZ9-6IM56

Enjoy lockdown entertainment

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

this is going to kill so many people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin