Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

The Chuck-E-Cheese in my area is apparently hawking large takeout pizzas for $5.

They have to undercut everybody by like half because nobody goes to CEC for the loving pizza.

Absolutely not worth it. Any frozen pizza would be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

InsertPotPun posted:

every black box recording ends with a single, flat, "gently caress". not a scream of terror or a brave singing of hymns. but a single word, a last, final acceptance of the inevitable.

gently caress.

Are you alright? What's with this creepy-rear end non-sequitor?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

tk posted:

mmmmmmm i never actualy had any kids zone type of pizza but surely they cant be worst than Celest.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ok Comboomer posted:

The Chuck-E-Cheese in my area is apparently hawking large takeout pizzas for $5.

They have to undercut everybody by like half because nobody goes to CEC for the loving pizza.
this is the perfect time for the "five nights at freddy's" guys to buy chuck-e-cheese and turn them into lan places with computers six feet apart.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ok Comboomer posted:

I thought the pizza was the point...do kids go there for the games?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Gatts posted:

Based on my last experience with Chuck E. Cheese, which was probably at least 25 years ago, kids go there to pee in the ball pit.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
parents go for the beer and attempts to humble braging about their kid and then the drunk fights.

oh and the slightly less dysfunctional families go for watching divorces happen in real time

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Weigels in East Tennessee (a gas station) is selling takeout pizzas for 4 dollars. They even have a place to keep them warm if you call ahead. They are absolutely not worth it.

Also let’s have a quick laugh

https://twitter.com/lib_owner/status/1251185334634725378?s=21

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Gatts posted:

That was the reason I liked going as a kid, yeah. They had the side-scrolling six-person X-Men game. That game loving ripped.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Anecdotal gym talk...

I coach in a rowing club that has been in constant talks on whats going to happen and looking like when operations start back up again. We have 200+ regular active members with 500+ on the rosters. Coaches running virtual strength workouts, regular zoom challenges, etc. Cycling rowing machines and gym equipment on check out basis, getting deep cleans between each checkout. It's a very active committed group.

The gym section of the club in no way will open before testing becomes a thing. But allowing boats to go out with supervision is indeed something that is being discussed in a limited fashion as social distancing starts to ease a bit. Private boat owners still take their boats out after all. They also could be seen as the assholes who give no shits they might need to go to the hospital after getting flipped by a seaplane with no backup.

Whats the cleaning and contact procedures look like? What does it look like to have 6 boats going out with a launch boat, that could effectively be done within social distancing and contact guidelines? A little creativity could make it possible. Separating groups into risk factors while maintaining maximum space. Rowers take discipline pretty seriously and when things were shutting down the cleaning procedures were extremely well followed.

Not in the camp of "WE GOTTA OPEN NOW FOR AMERICA." All racing and competition has been shutdown for the year, but the sport itself and the challenges it presents do bring it together as a community. There are those that are discussing what some sense of our normal activity could be. poo poo aint going back to normal, but what the new normal going forward is very much a discussion worth having.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

tk posted:

I would rather eat a $5 Large Chuck E Cheese pizza than a $9 small overpriced Digiorno's pizza.

DrNutt posted:

Based on my last experience with Chuck E. Cheese, which was probably at least 25 years ago, kids go there to pee in the ball pit.

They've remodeled the one near my house last time I was there, they got rid of the animatronic band and the playscape with ball pit

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Astro7x posted:

I would rather eat a $5 Large Chuck E Cheese pizza than a $9 small overpriced Digiorno's pizza.

I'm not sure your digestive system would agree.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/qualityrye/status/1251256482718457856

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I expect to keep reading these stories

I had heard this program was full of loopholes that would allow larger companies to get money, and also the banks were favoring companies that they already had an established banking relationship with

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Anyone else remember that quaint time in American history where tens of thousands of Americans died in Vietnam, dozens more were dying every day, and the unpopular incumbent president had the good sense to decline the nomination and not seek another term?

LBJ was more popular during this point in his final term than Trump is. And thousands are dying every day, not dozens. So much winning. I guess that makes LIBERATE MICHIGAN the Hard Hat Riots of 2020?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i'm reading that each store you have in a franchise counts as a "business" so you can get a loan for each one. franchise owners are chud pieces of poo poo.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Astro7x posted:

They've remodeled the one near my house last time I was there, they got rid of the animatronic band and the playscape with ball pit

So is it just Dave&Busters Jr, just with terrible pizza now?

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
At the suburban rec center I went to I don't think I ever observed someone older than me wash their hands in the men's room. I'd be washing mine and they'd be in and out before I was done.

I remember thinking that in a Spanish flu situation they'd probably kill both themselves and their grandkids. Kinda glad the roni mostly spares children.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Poor bastard forgot to disengage rat mode.

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Sekhmnet posted:

So is it just Dave&Busters Jr, just with terrible pizza now?

I think you mean Dave&Busters is just trying to make Chuck E. Cheese's for grownups.

I've been to one here a couple times for birthday parties. The whole place smells like 30 years of drat child. The pizza is not the worst I've had (I prefer it to Dominos, not that that's saying anything), but they make most of their money off the video games and stuff. Kids scream at their parents for "plays" on their cards and they play dumb games for a few seconds for a few tickets. Then they scream for more plays, and then they go to cash in their tickets and the parent realizes $20 worth of "plays" has yielded a 2" toy dinosaur and a tootsie roll.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Dumbshit will have his presser soon. With as angry as he's been today, it should be good.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

FizFashizzle posted:

Weigels in East Tennessee (a gas station) is selling takeout pizzas for 4 dollars. They even have a place to keep them warm if you call ahead. They are absolutely not worth it.

Jesus, that's not a year, that's like a month and a half. He didn't look half-bald around Super Tuesday, did he? What the gently caress happened?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Fart Amplifier posted:

The fact that the US uses SSNs (and Canada uses SINs) as both an identifier that you have to give out basically to whoever, but also as a super secret password that basically gives you access to acting on your financial behalf is one of the dumbest decisions

Here they make you generate a login certificate, and you need that file + a password to access your tax account.

HelloSailorSign posted:

What continues to be fascinating is that this metabolizes into the compound that was recently identified to actually treat FIP (feline infectious peritonitis) which is an immune overreaction to the feline corona virus in cats.

The parallels between SARS-COV 2 and Feline Coronavirus were interesting, that the more promising treatment basically works similarly to the thing we are treating cats with is even more fascinating.

Late reply, but thanks for this, I found it interesting.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

InsertPotPun posted:

relax idiot: he didn't specify "minors" therefore you're wrong :smuggo:

Twitter found this tweet to be far to vague for censoring

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1251237769403228161?s=19

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Jesus, that's not a year, that's like a month and a half. He didn't look half-bald around Super Tuesday, did he? What the gently caress happened?

I too am often surprised that people look better in photos from professional shoots than from screen-caps of them doing an interview from home.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Majorian posted:

Oh swell, Pete "Prop 187" Wilson is on the committee.:ughh:

Wilson did more for the Democratic party than anyone in the last 50 years.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

He chose... poorly.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pretty sure a lot of people are going to the hardware store just for something to do because they’re stupid.

This is starting to become my position working in grocery and getting the dumbest questions ive ever gotten day in and day out now this week as well as just seeing people come in with kids and entire familys when theres a cap on how many people are allowed in at one time and every person counts obviously. I feel its the same way with people outside the mall that seem to be wandering around aimlessly this week.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Did he attempt to cut his own hair?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Turns out that when you cant get meticulous, workshopped haircuts from professionals that you can charge to donors, you dont look quite as good

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Ither posted:

Did he attempt to cut his own hair?

He looks like he's balding, though it may have been a haircut malfunction

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Hairy Marionette posted:

I too am often surprised that people look better in photos from professional shoots than from screen-caps of them doing an interview from home.

The Glumslinger posted:

Turns out that when you cant get meticulous, workshopped haircuts from professionals that you can charge to donors, you dont look quite as good
That's not just an artifact of professional photography/haircuts, the guy has clearly started going bald.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
The fat Cheeto is about to throw some more tantrums now.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

Photoshop is amazing.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

The fat Cheeto is about to throw some more tantrums now.

I'm hoping that someone asks him about his calls to "liberate" some states and instead of backing down he actually calls for violence.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Dumbshit is talking now. CNN isn't airing it lol

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Majorian posted:

Oh swell, Pete "Prop 187" Wilson is on the committee.:ughh:

lol that was introduced by a rep Dick Mountjoy :discourse:

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

That's not just an artifact of professional photography/haircuts, the guy has clearly started going bald.

As a man with a similar pattern of balding I can confirm that longer hair brushed forward really does do a good job of hiding the scalp. Especially when you take a shot in profile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grayly Squirrel
Apr 10, 2008

Hairy Marionette posted:

As a man with a similar pattern of balding I can confirm that longer hair brushed forward really does do a good job of hiding the scalp. Especially when you take a shot in profile.

Except when walking in the wind.

Also speaking from experience.