Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

I said come in! posted:

The goal in the U.S. isn't to decrease the number of sick and dead, it's to increase it.

Burt, please probate the United States government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Duck and Cover posted:

Don’t please don't. You aren't going to accomplish anything by engaging with the rear end in a top hat troll. Worse you give him credibility as well as a soap box just by engaging in good faith.

I mean yeah, but I am genuinely morbidly interested in understanding the broken minds that support trumpism. Skull is a chronic troll pest but there’s always that chance he or an actual chud will try to explain.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Fatkraken posted:

Does anyone have the lancet paper dr oz is citing? Still not convinced he means 3% of the CHILDREN will die, that makes no sense from what we know about fatality rates in kids, which seem to be extremely low. Not that it makes his attitude any less ghoulish, but it makes more sense that the 2-3% refers to something involving the general population that opening the schools would precipitate, if 2% of kids die then like 10% of the total population dies based on how much less fatal this is in 8 year olds than 80 year olds...

I read it as 2-3% of overall mortality, not population. Like if 100,000 americans will die with schools closed, 103,000 americans would die with schools open.

So in the best case he's merely proposing that 3,000 people should die so the kids can get their school lunches. And those 3,000 will probably be people the kids know. Nana died for taco tuesday.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pop punk posted:

Do I finally have to learn what the hell these wild right wing Q people are on about? Because I really don't want too.

If *they* genuinely don't know what they're on about, what chance do the rest of us.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Chomp8645 posted:

Burt, please probate the United States government.

Please don't; we'd never get to hear the President again.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Facebook Aunt posted:

I read it as 2-3% of overall mortality, not population. Like if 100,000 americans will die with schools closed, 103,000 americans would die with schools open.

So in the best case he's merely proposing that 3,000 people should die so the kids can get their school lunches. And those 3,000 will probably be people the kids know. Nana died for taco tuesday.

Kids in my state are still getting their lunches even if schools are closed any state that isn’t providing it is doing it for no reason other than cruelty

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Hazo posted:

I mean yeah, but I am genuinely morbidly interested in understanding the broken minds that support trumpism. Skull is a chronic troll pest but there’s always that chance he or an actual chud will try to explain.

"He is the captain of my team."

There you go. That's literally the answer. Okay?

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Not just any taco, either! A taco recipe with ingredients sourced from the lowest bidder in a system where ketchup is considered a vegetable. If you're gonna kill grandma at least do it for something Chipotle quality minimum.

The suspension of the school year totally caught my kid's district with their pants down in regards to learning curriculum but I have to give them credit for coming up with a plan to keep supplying meals to kids who need them pretty drat fast. If Oz is saying schools should be running just for the lunch programs there are alternatives to ensuring lunches still get to those who need them without turning all of our children into a servants of papa Nurgle.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Kids in my state are still getting their lunches even if schools are closed any state that isn’t providing it is doing it for no reason other than cruelty

Before this whole pandemic business, schools were denying kids graduating if they hadn't paid their lunch debts. One wealthy person even offered to pay the debts in the school district he lived in, and the school denied his offer.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

ruddiger posted:

Billions handed to corporations to keep them afloat, but surely the country can’t afford both doing that and taking care of the American people! Get your capitalist priorities in order, sheesh!

Oh, certain people are getting taken care of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/shaharziv/2020/04/14/why-are-rich-americans-getting-17-million-stimulus-checks/amp/

quote:

While wealthy Americans are not eligible for the comparatively measly $1,200 stimulus checks that are now being disbursed to many Americans, they are on pace to do even better. 43,000 taxpayers, who earn more than $1 million annually, are each set to receive a $1.7 million windfall, on average, thanks to a provision buried in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Time_pants posted:

Okay, you're loving with us, right?

You loving wish I was

https://www.wonkette.com/qanon-idiots-very-concerned-about-mole-children-now

Underground bunkers for the government's child sex slaves

Because the basement at Pingpong Pizza wasn't far enough underground or something

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

i've gone from "guillotines when?" to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKK2KpChwzo

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

My state feeding the little boogers too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
time flies when you are having fun!!!! :cheers:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
According to this, the USA has been lying about covid19 since november last year.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/intelligence-report-warned-coronavirus-crisis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-alerted-israel-nato-to-disease-outbreak-in-china-in-november-report/

How likely are either of these to be reliable?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

poverty goat posted:

Hey guys my knuckles are already cracked and bleeding from all the extra hand washing. Anyone got a hot tip for this??

be conscious of drying your hands very gently (its the drying that is making your hands bleed more than the washing) and moisturize with lotion after you wash

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

poverty goat posted:

Hey guys my knuckles are already cracked and bleeding from all the extra hand washing. Anyone got a hot tip for this??

Hot tip? Hot jizz.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this thread knew about it in january

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Sir Not Appearing posted:

I think a lot of people don't understand the layout of Texas. Texas as a whole will be fine. It will be the few metropolitan areas that will suffer. It's a very large state with lots of area that is sparsely populated.

yeah only 9 million people live in Texas' ten largest cities. Basically a rounding error, right

Hazo posted:

Wow, two complete non-answers. Want to try again?

let it go, they aren't capable of critical thought

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

poverty goat posted:

I hazily remember a time from a month ago when everything i did didn't hurt.

There is no wife. No potato. Only finger-hurt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/04/17/tim-cook-california-economic-recovery-task-force/

Jesus, so much for the west coast being any better at handling this virus.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

this thread knew about it in january

yeah, i know, i saw the bunny suits on planes around new years, i was making graphs on it before this thread existed. scientific papers peg the first known infected patients at diagnosed december 1. i'm just curious about the "contagion sweeping wuhan and causing changes in life and business visible from satellite in november" and the "usa knew in november" aspects as well as how reliable those sources seem. :)

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

I said come in! posted:

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/04/17/tim-cook-california-economic-recovery-task-force/

Jesus, so much for the west coast being any better at handling this virus.

quote:

The task force will reportedly meet twice a month through the end of the year.

Sounds like nothing really.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1251265885026877446

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
^^^ Let them eat cake!

Did CA close its borders yet because I don't want no east coast roni coming over here on vacation.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020
I just got an e-mail about a revised PTO policy and this first sentence makes me so mad lol

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

molestrios posted:

I just got an e-mail about a revised PTO policy and this first sentence makes me so mad lol

Haha lol all they had to do was say nothing. You should reply-all with "Thanks"

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

molestrios posted:

Apparently they want to make sure you know how generous they are!

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Shaocaholica posted:

Haha lol all they had to do was say nothing. You should reply-all with "Thanks"

There was more below about them making us use all of our PTO up by June 30th, I just didn't find it necessary to post haha. I have zero idea why they're doing it. Just that first sentence was so smug I was taken aback slightly

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am beyond tired of seeing employers thank their employees. It is such a completely useless and unhelpful gesture that no employee wants to be told.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Surprised the guy who did this also opened the beaches.

https://twitter.com/KevinCate/status/1251272414098587650?s=20

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I genuinely believe Trump will use this to "temporarily suspend" the election. Yes, I know he can't legally do that.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

I said come in! posted:

I am beyond tired of seeing employers thank their employees. It is such a completely useless and unhelpful gesture that no employee wants to be told.

I don't know, if it is from someone who I have a lot of respect for and I know they earnestly mean it, I take it to heart.......but the other 95% of the time yeah I agree!!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jordan7hm posted:

I am beyond floored at how hard this guy is trying to come off as more of a moron than Trump. He is succeeding by leaps and bounds.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Animal-Mother posted:

I genuinely believe Trump will use this to "temporarily suspend" the election. Yes, I know he can't legally do that.

I want to see him permanently suspend elections while his supporters fight over if hes a good dictator or bad dictator.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I'm glad we could all finally get to the bottom of the handwashing thing but I've mostly solved it by losing half my hours. lol

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Animal-Mother posted:

In a 5-4 decision...

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Lucky Guy posted:

In a 5-4 decision...

They could do this, but it would destroy the Supreme Court as a legitimate branch of government. As a Constitutional matter, the timing of the election is in the hands of the states and the Congress, not the President. Plus, the recent Wisconsin decision at least suggests that the Court can't say that a pandemic justifies a change to the timing of the election.

The Court is partisan, but Obergefell (the gay marriage case) suggests that Roberts still sees himself as part of the overall arc of judicial history and still cares about his legacy.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

You can't even see a single shark. The gently caress you worrying about.

This is quite something:

"you know, it's a pandemic, but lets have a nice parade, to lift the spirits.
We'll have some quads with smoke machines, a death to israel/america truck... It's gonna be fun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

I saw an old man at the grocery store wearing his mask like that, with the bottom strap just dangling