Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Stereotype posted:

I feel like this is a rhetorical question, but what exactly is being done in states that are "ready to open back up!" to prevent people in states that aren't ready from just traveling there and spreading the virus?

Nothing. The whole point is for the dumb rear end states to send their plague shock troopers to the sensible states so the chuds can point and say look lock down did nothing you killed america you libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just want to wipe my rear end

Scottish lady voice] too bad too bad

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I just want to wipe my rear end

Got whatcha need bro, high quality two ply $0.10 a square. 10 for $0.90

No but for real you gotta get there 2 hours after the truck at most from what my retail friends tell me.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ive been locked in for 41 days and have decided i was meant to be a professional senior league gamer (csgo casual) and/or chef (breakfast, stir frys and baking only). candidates please take note and provide viable "living wage" platforms for these careers

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Heartcatch posted:

Honolulu had great food when I was there for work last year. It might not be nice to say, but nobody asked me where I was from and I felt comfortable there.

Possibly model demographics?!

Yeah if you like Asian food then Hawaii is the place to be! Hawaiian food is also some of the best food I've ever had, laulau is my favorite thing. Also if you like white midwestern boomer food you have plenty of options because of all the tourists.

People here usually only ask you where you are from if you are white. My fiance has been here for over 20 years and she gets super annoyed when people ask her "so where are you visiting from?" It's the only place where I've heard "born and raised" used in basically every introduction.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://twitter.com/campadrenews/status/1251245028929712128

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
Somebody posted this tip a while back but its still possible to get lucky and find bulk orders of toilet paper on amazon. I just received my order of 30 rolls of 2-ply after a week and a half.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Seems interesting that it only seems to be Trump supporters that show up to these unlock the country gatherings

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

some of those people will be dead in two to three weeks

lol

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Kibbles n Shits posted:

What's worse: Using a wash cloth to clean up or going around with stankbutt? Just chuck them in the washing machine and clean your hands thoroughly.

Just being pragmatic in these hectic times.

pitcher of water near the toilet, pour it down your butt crack and into the toilet

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zeriel posted:

lol

lol trump

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Zeriel posted:

lol

Which would be just fine if they weren't going to probably take some innocent people with them.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I can't get over the "China lied" thing. They didn't lie! Even Trump called them "transparent" in a tweet and thanked them! Everyone who was paying attention knew what was happening and we just didn't do anything about it! Trump ferried plague ship passengers all over the nation without any screening or tracking.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Zeriel posted:

lol

2020 baybeeeeeee

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Stereotype posted:

I can't get over the "China lied" thing. They didn't lie! Even Trump called them "transparent" in a tweet and thanked them! Everyone who was paying attention knew what was happening and we just didn't do anything about it! Trump ferried plague ship passengers all over the nation without any screening or tracking.

ap was reporting this morning on china "hiding corona from the public through january" when there are loving chinese national media tweets about it from december

if you ever wondered what it was like to live through cold war hysteria during the civil rights oppression and other tragedies of that era, welp

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Spergin Morlock posted:

the bbq situation in the pnw is dire

Be thankful you don't live in NYC.

There's better meat in the fridge trucks behind the hospitals.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Breakfast All Day posted:

ap was reporting this morning on china "hiding corona from the public through january" when there are loving chinese national media tweets about it from december

if you ever wondered what it was like to live through cold war hysteria during the civil rights oppression and other tragedies of that era, welp

They suppressed information on it for like one week, after which they started sounding alarms and literally shut down a 60M person province. Everyone is referencing that one doctor who they silenced at first but they only did that for one week They started openly announcing the virus when they had a tenth of the cases that Florida had new just today.

It's a literal disinformation propaganda campaign trying to minimize just how awful we have handled things on the same scale as Chernobyl.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

friendly 2 da void posted:

yeah it's all a coordinated conspiracy by america, norway, denmark, and finland against the great swedish race

pathetic

ok I think this is where we went wrong, I was actually agreeing with you that Sweden is dumb and America is dumb and both are having dramatically worse outcomes than all the other first-worlder countries. what I was saying is that while Sweden's deaths per capita is worse by official numbers, America is so clearly undercounting and under-reporting, and their healthcare system is so patchy in general compared to the rest of the world, I think it really is a toss up which is actually having the worst deaths per capita.

:words: we are on the same page.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Asproigerosis posted:

Nothing. The whole point is for the dumb rear end states to send their plague shock troopers to the sensible states so the chuds can point and say look lock down did nothing you killed america you libs

yeah it will be a while before this is proven if ever, but I believe this was an actual goal of the RNC operators coordinating these protests.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

my bony fealty posted:

a monument of dicks and ribs

ah yes, the dope show special

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

This one dude who died in India, he didn't die from corona, he was beaten to condition incompatible with life. Because his skin was light. He was not some winter vacationer, or Goa party goer, he awaited patiently a grant for his anthopological research, and was granted in worst time.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

v cool

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Be thankful you don't live in NYC.

There's better meat in the fridge trucks behind the hospitals.

that's a very appetizing option :btroll:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Stereotype posted:

nah dude. we've always been at war with China. what are you talking about are you okay?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I thought a vaccine would be a positive development but then a security guard I know posted this on Facebook, so I'm conflicted

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
'Security guard Facebook post' has a powerfully ominous energy

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Stereotype posted:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Celexi posted:

the other wanted to go live in somalia and "be free" whatever that means.

:confused:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Has anyone noticed people on their Facebook or other social media playing these dumb quarantine games and giving away personal information unknowingly? I've seen a bunch of them over the past month. I saw this one 10 minutes ago "Your quarantine name is the last thing you are and your high school mascot".

This poo poo.

Zotix has issued a correction as of 00:47 on Apr 18, 2020

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Breakfast All Day posted:

But you can't trust Chinese government tweets

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

'Security guard Facebook post' has a powerfully ominous energy

he's a big You're All Sheeple And I'm Above Politics guy while quietly being steadfastly pro Trump

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Zotix posted:

Has anyone noticed people on their Facebook or other social media playing these dumb quarantine games and giving away personal information unknowingly? I've seen a bunch of them over the past month. I saw this one 10 minutes ago "Your quarantine name is the last thing you are and your high school mascot".

This poo poo.

counterpoint: if you're dumb enough to actually give the "actual" answer to security questions on your online accounts you deserve it

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Stereotype posted:

Even if you believe China downplayed the severity of the virus, they sure as hell have acted like it was serious, including implementing strict quarantine procedures almost immediately, such that we haven't been a fraction as vigorous as they have been.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Shipon posted:

counterpoint: if you're dumb enough to actually give the "actual" answer to security questions on your online accounts you deserve it

It circles in the demographics that werent really in college or younger when Facebook. I can see a good chunk as legit.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Zotix posted:

This poo poo.

Butthole King

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

SardonicTyrant posted:

Even if you believe China downplayed the severity of the virus, they sure as hell have acted like it was serious, including implementing strict quarantine procedures almost immediately, such that we haven't been a fraction as vigorous as they have been.

That's because freedom and liberty and an open society and communism is BAD.

Or something.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
wait don't steal my info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zotix posted:

This poo poo.

yeah dude i see normies doing stupid poo poo literally all day everyday while waiting to go to heaven