Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

postgarden had all the slashie struggle sessions which in retrospect was a good education on the left in general

purified in the crucible of offsite posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
purification is bourgeois metaphysics. healthy offsite struggle sessions should be about uplifting the target and rehabilitating them of their backwards, reactionary, incorrect ideas. it's painful and combative, but dialectical. think of it more like martial arts training of the mind. crouching tiger, hidden marxist

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

All goons will be forcibly removed from my gay commune as having two goons makes it a goon project and thus dooms it to failure

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/proudshooter/status/1251322595334664192?s=21

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

chomsky needs to stop being so fuckin old. hosed up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

smarxist posted:

before I got bounced out he was posting there hard and was the #1, dunno what's what at this point it seems like it's dying out

prester jane had a meltdown about a week in when not properly suppressed by mods and started hollering that COVID19 was a chinese lab virus and we'd be under martial law in a week lmao

alas, it seems the value doc was not strong enough. we shall publish a proper statement next time. perhaps some kind of manifesto

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

T-man posted:

All goons will be forcibly removed from my gay commune as having two goons makes it a goon project and thus dooms it to failure

what about the permabanned, are they still goons or have they been purged of absolute fail

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Shear Modulus posted:

he really is just too old now.. he looks weak as hell. i could beat him up easily

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Mike Davis on Becoming a Marxist

Excerpt from his new book up on Verso. A couple of petty jabs at our dearly departed comrade Stalin aside it’s good, very interesting

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

GalacticAcid posted:

Excerpt from his new book up on Verso. A couple of petty jabs at our dearly departed comrade Stalin aside it’s good, very interesting

good reminder that people have always struggled with capital, and that having full access to all of marx's writings in english is something that only came about relatively recently.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

GalacticAcid posted:

That loser from georgia? Dude should have stayed in the US and gotten a real job picking yams

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
all the poo poo coming out about the Sanders campaign ended up vindicating Homex's trolling of the Sanders thread, in the end

Bernie Panders

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

gradenko_2000 posted:

Bernie Panders

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Shear Modulus posted:

it's what anarchism does to you

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Being right about everything is a heavy burden but we continue to carry it

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1251878883282038784?s=21

jfc. Just saw this.

really hope this guy gets ka change of heart and his positions are no longer psychotic :-)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I hope that guy gets kilt, a big beautiful scottish kilt that will allow his balls to no longer be twisted around, allowing him to think straight

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Peanut President posted:

I hope that guy gets kilt, a big beautiful scottish kilt that will allow his balls to no longer be twisted around, allowing him to think straight

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut President posted:

so many young men afflicted with superpenis testicles

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

GalacticAcid posted:

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1251878883282038784?s=21

jfc. Just saw this.

really hope this guy gets ka change of heart and his positions are no longer psychotic :-)

says the CCP are the new nazis but doesnt have the balls to advocate for WW3 to stop them smdh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

smarxist posted:

so many young men afflicted with superpenis testicles

love that muse song

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

says the CCP are the new nazis but doesnt have the balls to advocate for WW3 to stop them smdh

Lol why do you doubt him

I remember he was having a meltdown a few months ago where he was basically saying the US needs to be preparing for with China

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

all the poo poo coming out about the Sanders campaign ended up vindicating Homex's trolling of the Sanders thread, in the end

Bernie Panders

I love it

Peanut President posted:

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.
has anyone asked matt what he thinks the pacific fleet, understaffed and overworked for the better part of two decades now plus just recently plagued with one of it's admirals being unjustly fired would think about orders to go to war with china

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/Sean_Richwood/status/1251915391921774596

god drat im going to love this pivot to china

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
wasn’t Jim Webb big on CONTAINING CHINA

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

pyf has added a new rule basically just because a lot of cspam posters enjoy the IoSM thread in addition to belonging in it

this is the power of praxis

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018
https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/995700661869268993?s=20

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
lmao.

Would like to see him on the market...for a real job!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

GalacticAcid posted:

wasn’t Jim Webb big on CONTAINING CHINA

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/654109682814992384
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/654114495850250240
https://twitter.com/JimWebbUSA/status/1249007727390720001

bonus:

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/654107662288859140

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

T-man posted:

pyf has added a new rule basically just because a lot of cspam posters enjoy the IoSM thread in addition to belonging in it

this is the power of praxis

weird, the "i hate leftists" pyf thread hasn't been closed. the one where the top poster got banned for wanting to gently caress the child characters in the video game "splatoon".

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i loving hate this guy more than a thousand ben shapiros. matt stoller has always been a worm but he is becoming more prominent on the back of his america-first xenophobic proclamations

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lmao. Good memory thank you.

War with Anderson Cooper is somewhat appealing though...

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

THS posted:

i loving hate this guy more than a thousand ben shapiros. matt stoller has always been a worm but he is becoming more prominent on the back of his america-first xenophobic proclamations

Once again we have the Podcast Left to thank for boosting this moron's profile.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

exmarx posted:

weird, the "i hate leftists" pyf thread hasn't been closed. the one where the top poster got banned for wanting to gently caress the child characters in the video game "splatoon".

the amount of brain damage homex caused to those folks is incredible

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
he tortured some folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Prince Myshkin posted:

Once again we have the Podcast Left to thank for boosting this moron's profile.

you could definitely blame some of the jacobin folks for this but i'm not sure what you mean by the podcast left, i don't think many left podcasts were behind matt stoller getting attention