Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So Dana is safe considering she just qualified for MITB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Astro7x posted:

Drake's still in the CW tourney

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Davros1 posted:

Drake's still in the CW tourney

Dude let them use his wedding and his family for a cuck angle too

Family

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Rafferty Skimbleshanks has been let go :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Writer Cath posted:

gently caress. You mean they're going to try his partner Dip "Dip" Mulligatawny as a singles act? This company.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Writer Cath posted:

They're letting go of the wrestler of the railway train?!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

gently caress. You mean they're going to try his partner Dip "Dip" Mulligatawny as a singles act? This company.

The Flingerton Twins too. I never saw much potential in Flippo, but Frankle had a lot of potential. I hope they find a way to keep their manager Tic 'The Lemon' Truggleberry on TV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

IronCladBurrito posted:

Yeah, but who's fault is that, really?

Whomever made his opening promo on ECW a knock-knock joke.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
As first reported by SI Scotland Scotiabank has been released and compromised to a permanent end. Talk about burying someone.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Astro7x posted:

I think the only blonde in danger is Drake

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

To the best of my knowledge Canyon Ceman remains employed.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

New round of releases just announced

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Hey this is an odd question, but Sami Zayn trying to get himself released? I know people post what they want, but he is heavily posting against Trump's stances on the whole pandemic which is probably giving Vince some bad vibes. I know he is IC champion, but it feels like he really wants out. Though that's just my opinion.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Shown Furcotte is gonna be huge on the Indies

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Waffleopolis posted:

Hey this is an odd question, but Sami Zayn trying to get himself released? I know people post what they want, but he is heavily posting against Trump's stances on the whole pandemic which is probably giving Vince some bad vibes. I know he is IC champion, but it feels like he really wants out. Though that's just my opinion.

I think it's less that he's trying to get released and more that he doesn't care if he is and he'd rather be his authentic self.

Bizarrely this probably makes it slightly less likely that he'd be released.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Sami made his money and got his taste of the big stage, and he's been very outspoken with political stuff long before the pandemic started. It's mostly a combination of "doesn't care anymore" and "using his platform to advance causes he believes in," which is about the best way to handle yourself while stuck under WWE contract.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm pretty sure Vince realises Sami would be a big get for AEW and is happy to hang onto him for as long as possible even with the regular politiclal tweets

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It's probably like with Daniel Bryan's Champion of the Planet gimmick. As long as he's presented as a heel on TV, Vince doesn't care.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

All the cuts have been people really, REALLY lowly valued by WWE. They obviously don't love Sami but he's pretty consistently used so I don't imagine he's in danger unless he's stirring things up. And Sami seems to separate his work from his politics for better or worse.

Like as much as I think the McMahons are intimately wrapped up with Trump I hardly think one fairly tame tweet criticizing Trump is gonna make a lot of waves. A lot of people don't like the rear end in a top hat and Sami's not exactly a huge celebrity. All it will do will piss off the guys like rovert already plugged in.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 18, 2020

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

All of my posts are serious aside from the time I got fooled into thinking Tamina was gone, which in my defense Primo and Epico were there just as long and did get released

They probably got paid more than she did. Each.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

Kevin Nogilny and Tony Smerhik one after another has always made me wonder if they were looking at random American sports teams for name ideas. The Buffalo Sabres had Alexander Mogilny and Richard Smehlik when the game was being made.

That's one letter off of two names that aren't exactly common.

After them there's Bobson Dugnutt, there was a goalie in the NHL at the time named Ron Tugnutt.

Zombie Lemur fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 18, 2020

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Lamuella posted:

mike truk would be an absolutely phenomenal ring name and no one will ever convince me otherwise

having been fired from pretty much every job I've ever had I feel compelled to buy this

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Apr 18, 2020

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
That shirt is covid-19 as gently caress

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Zombie Lemur posted:

Kevin Nogilny and Tony Smerhik one after another has always made me wonder if they were looking at random American sports teams for name ideas. The Buffalo Sabres had Alexander Mogilny and Richard Smehlik when the game was being made.

After them there's Bobson Dugnutt, there was a goalie in the NHL at the time named Ron Tugnutt.

i saw a pretty big effortpost somewhere connecting just about every name there (and on the full list) to actual contemporary players, so you're exactly right

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Zombie Lemur posted:

We also have Sleve McDichael

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Oh no.

I mean, Kassius Ohno is either laid off or furloughed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is the partially-updated list of the newest additions to the releases, names that aren't mentioned from here were mentioned by Dave

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1251305333248552960

I already mentioned Tino, Taynara, Cezar and Mars

Dorian Mak was Dan Matha, his one TV appearance was ruined by Samoa Joe (which, considering how Joe's future went, :rip: to both)

Nick Ogarelli was a house show exclusive talent

Announcer Jon Quasto and interviewers Kathy Campanelli (who had just started this year, with a move from CA to the area specifically for the company in January) and Alyssa Marino

Trainer Chris Guy aka Ace Steel

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Apr 18, 2020

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Chris James 2 posted:

This is the partially-updated list of the newest additions to the releases, names that aren't mentioned from here were mentioned by Dave

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1251305333248552960

MARS WANG

MARS

WANG

MARS WANG

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope anyone who gives this company money gets a splinter under their fingernail

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Trainer Chris Guy

This is Ace Steel btw for anyone who didn't know

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/consciousgary/status/1251445102234517505

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember when Cezar Bononi won the Future Star of NXT award over the likes of Velveteen Dream and Pete Dunne because Brazil really likes Twitter?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Alumnus :eng101:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

hey the man is a wrestling genius not a vocabulary genius.

rip dan matha. your weeks of build and incredibly roided out body being thrown into the garbage by samoa joe made me laugh really hard.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Didn't see it mentioned yet in here but

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTiVmatj3s4

Bryan and Kofi now the last ones standing

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Meltzer confirmed Ohno/Hero was released

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

More NXT/Performance Center releases per PWInsider: https://www.pwinsider.com/article/135713/seven-additional-releases-from-wwe-nxt-.html?p=1

I already mentioned Kassius Ohno (aka Chris Hero), Mohamed Abdelfattal, Faisal Kurdi and Hussain Aldagal

Marcos Gomes (was signed in May)

Edgar Lopez (was signed in September)

Yifeng (was working NXT house shows as recently as February)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chris James 2 posted:

Mohamed Abdelfattal

Hussain Aldagal

Edgar Lopez (was signed in September)

Yifeng (was working NXT house shows as recently as February)

I know your game, these are the fake ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It feels kinda racist to specifically repeatedly single out Muslim and Chinese talent as being fake names, especially with evidence each time that they're real people who are now unemployed, but maybe that's just me

Anyway, pretty wild that they had two chances to treat Hero right, hosed it both times, and now they let him go the second time, mid-pandemic, when none of the many people who inevitably Want to book him will be able to, and he has no idea when he's next getting paid for the thing he's loved and done for decades now