Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

ghosthorse posted:

I think you and I pronounce that word in different ways

Nothing rhymes with thymes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Grendels Dad posted:

Nothing rhymes with thymes.

No it doesn't

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/EricVBailey/status/1250875183679799296

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Platystemon posted:

Thyme and Tide wait for no man.

You mean THYDE, you fool!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/collarfulsky/status/1251051570839425024?s=21

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Just the worst when parents walk in on you having sex.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Oh my god :kimchi:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pits are loving great. There's a CODE.
Be nice to kids
Pick up anyone that falls
Don't deliberately injure someone
Beat the poo poo out of anyone that doesn't follow rules 1 through 3

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

To be fair at the end she should have been punted into the mud. It's not all beer and skittles in the mosh. Punted gently, I'm not a monster. But still that's the dynamic.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The Bloop posted:

Be nice to kids

I moved from Caracas to Madrid a long while ago and mosh pit code of conduct was a culture shock when I arrived. Mosh pits over there are loving savage and the story behind two of my scars.

There was a dude in the punk scene that used to spit up while in the mosh. He got loving stabbed and stopped after that.

I like the mosh pits in Europe a lot better, specially considering I'm now old and have always been short which means my face is the perfect height to get punched. Plus being reasonable in a mosh makes it more inclusive since you don't have to be afraid of a giant Viking headbutting your nose. I've been in a couple Frank Carter shows and he always asks for a full non-male mosh pit, too, which I think is pretty cool.

Aw man I miss mosh pits, stupid Covid getting in the way of my controlled musical aggression.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just want to sit in a comfy chair and let the performers entertain us all. Down in front!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I moved from Caracas to Madrid a long while ago and mosh pit code of conduct was a culture shock when I arrived. Mosh pits over there are loving savage and the story behind two of my scars.

There was a dude in the punk scene that used to spit up while in the mosh. He got loving stabbed and stopped after that.

I like the mosh pits in Europe a lot better, specially considering I'm now old and have always been short which means my face is the perfect height to get punched. Plus being reasonable in a mosh makes it more inclusive since you don't have to be afraid of a giant Viking headbutting your nose. I've been in a couple Frank Carter shows and he always asks for a full non-male mosh pit, too, which I think is pretty cool.

Aw man I miss mosh pits, stupid Covid getting in the way of my controlled musical aggression.

I'm genuinely tiny for a dude and the most fun I had at a concert was a system of a down gig in front of the stage. Full on mosh pit with hundreds of people, me and my group would try to get together after every song and we'd be blown apart in the first 10 seconds. I usually avoid mosh pits but it was an amazing experience.

Lots of elbows to the face tho.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J53UK_bul5Y

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
If you have the thyme and the inclination:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MOAtq91idk

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The Bloop posted:

Be nice to kids

There used to be a code.

I wouldn't set foot in a pit these days, just a bunch of dumbass bros trying to kill each other.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Field Mousepad posted:

There used to be a code.

I wouldn't set foot in a pit these days, just a bunch of dumbass bros trying to kill each other.

I remember going to a concert a few years ago with the most colossal douche I've ever seen in a pit. He kept grabbing people and shoving them out of the pit and continued plowing through the crowd until he and a bunch of other people fell over. It wasn't even a big venue. It was the Worcester Palladium downstairs stage if anybody is familiar. Luckily, he did it a few more times and got thrown out. It was to a lovely opener to top it all off.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Field Mousepad posted:

There used to be a code.

My last one was like 2 years ago now but it was great

Best one ever ever ever was during Flogging Molly at a weekend music festival, that was about 5 years ago

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Mosh pits suck

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fartbox posted:

Mosh pits suck

I know, nana. I know.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Field Mousepad posted:

There used to be a code.

I guess it depends on the bands, I saw anti flag this year and the pit was big and fast but there wasn't any issues. Dropkick Murphys did have some idiots, but the show kinda sucked anyway.

Pits are great, even if I'm not participating I'll try to stick near to shove and get pushed a bit.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Oh my, Goodnes

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKkpmCdf1Mo

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That may be the most annoying video I've ever seen. Right up there with foam adventure.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

This is neither of the two ways I envisioned how a horse would wear jeans.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Humphreys posted:

Imagine being this vane.

you're so vane
you probably think this wind is about you

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
Ugh that post was like a week ago :(

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I guess it depends on the bands, I saw anti flag this year and the pit was big and fast but there wasn't any issues. Dropkick Murphys did have some idiots, but the show kinda sucked anyway.

Pits are great, even if I'm not participating I'll try to stick near to shove and get pushed a bit.

I was at a show--I can't remember if it was Korpiklaani or Tyr, either way it was during an opener--where people in the pit started angrily doing the macarena.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Slippery posted:

Ugh that post was like a week ago :(

Ehh, we've all been there tbh :ohdear:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

lmao

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

gently caress this irks me in a way I have never been previously able to identify

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I was at a show--I can't remember if it was Korpiklaani or Tyr, either way it was during an opener--where people in the pit started angrily doing the macarena.

Yeah it's a crap shoot. I saw Municipal Waste a few months back and I was shocked at how chill it was. Just good ol fashioned circle pitting!

I try to get in some healthy mosh pitting a few times a year, it's a great physical outlet. Over all the primarily punk and thrash shows I've seen, weirdly, the only time I've seen someone get out of hand in a pit was at Gogol Bordello. He started off fine, then got super drunk and flailing his fists around. After the tenth time he got bounced out of the pit, he got hauled out.

That was also the pit where some hippie chick was spinning around the whole time with a tambourine, so the whole "angry guy punching" thing was super out of place.

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

I don't think I've ever seen "blumpkin spice latte" before and it's incredible.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Reminds me of my childhood

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
ok skoomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Bloop posted:

My last one was like 2 years ago now but it was great

Best one ever ever ever was during Flogging Molly at a weekend music festival, that was about 5 years ago

I've been in a bunch of Flogging Molly pits, last ones were probably 14 years ago though. I don't think I saw them since they were touring for Within A Mile of Home. Last pit was Lightning Bolt just under 5 years ago. I'm an old now and I kind of accepted when I was going in that it would probably be my last pit.