Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

anime was right posted:

this feels sorta like the doomsday ec thread where its gonna be a bunch of jokes for 3 years then the real poo poo happens and we use it to discuss an actual civil war

And the Covid thread

The thing is, these groups are like the first few steps on a hundred mile journey, and who knows how many chances to stop are going to come up, but it is for sure going to be a fuckton

If balkanization happens it's because we live in the chaos timeline, not because things are rational and make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

twoday posted:

So far, we have only thought about coalitions built upon state lines. If there is real balkanization happening, then there will be a chance for certain counties, and other particular parts of states to break away. For instance, I can imagine most of Florida becoming independent, but the panhandle joining the confederacy. Does anyone else have any good examples of fractures that might occur within state boundaries?

DFW-Austin-Houston megaplex

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

anime was right posted:

this feels sorta like the doomsday ec thread where its gonna be a bunch of jokes for 3 years then the real poo poo happens and we use it to discuss an actual civil war

But also with intermittent flagchat as we discuss what designs each successor state adopts.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

The great lakes either needs to steal Iowa and Missouri or kick out Minnesota because the current borders look terrible

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

anime was right posted:

well i mean they were calling it for three years (and eating poo poo for jumping the ugn lol)

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Have Michigan, Minnesota and Virginia been LIBERATE’d yet

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

TeenageArchipelago posted:

The great lakes either needs to steal Iowa and Missouri or kick out Minnesota because the current borders look terrible

How dare you insult the piss cross

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Stairmaster posted:

well i mean they were calling it for three years (and eating poo poo for jumping the ugn lol)

ya i started it... incredible lol nlw horror later vibes

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

twoday posted:

Does anyone else have any good examples of fractures that might occur within state boundaries?

I've always referred to the top three counties of Kentucky as "Occupied Ohio"

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Virginia will be partitioned, again, and for the same reasons

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Name game is picking up. Acadia and Chesapeake are both solid post-apocalyptic nation names. Midwest Pact and Great Plains etc etc Pact are obviously ripping off WESTERN STATES PACT and weaker than it, but we're still moving in the right direction. Strongly encourage that we use Council States to refer CRAC, its a great name for a nation that draps itself in the decaying remnants of the old world, clinging to a obsolete democracy.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

1stGear posted:

Name game is picking up. Acadia and Chesapeake are both solid post-apocalyptic nation names. Midwest Pact and Great Plains etc etc Pact are obviously ripping off WESTERN STATES PACT and weaker than it, but we're still moving in the right direction. Strongly encourage that we use Council States to refer CRAC, its a great name for a nation that draps itself in the decaying remnants of the old world, clinging to a obsolete democracy.

CRAC
PING

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

The independent five boroughs of New York will join with neighboring city-states of the Hudson River delta much like the Aztec Triple Alliance arising from Lake Texcoco to conquer and dominate the surrounding regions, whose fit and able subjects will be periodically sentenced to ritual death in the name of Dowjones, God of Wealth, from the great glass pyramids

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

anime was right posted:

balkanization december: uphold marxist-leninist-gavinist thought

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

And the Covid thread

The thing is, these groups are like the first few steps on a hundred mile journey, and who knows how many chances to stop are going to come up, but it is for sure going to be a fuckton

If balkanization happens it's because we live in the chaos timeline, not because things are rational and make sense

idk its been p. clear for most of a decade now that the intersection of late stage capitalism, environmental degradation and climate change is a place thats wildly hostile to the continued existence of the united states of america as its currently configured. maybe we transition seamlessly into fascism by the 2040s, but otherwise decades of sectarian violence at a minimum seems more likely than not.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

how do we convince lib progressives to at least learn how to shoot and potentially wield arms before the conservacucks get the jump???*

*in minecraft

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hey guys and welcome to the firearms training zoom meetup I hope everyone has their nerf guns ready so we can start. Jared, why don't you show us the Isosceles stance.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

spankmeister posted:

Hey guys and welcome to the firearms training zoom meetup I hope everyone has their nerf guns ready so we can start. Jared, why don't you show us the Isosceles stance.

*Heavy breathing from an unmuted boomer’s open mic*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MorrisBae posted:

How dare you insult the piss cross

How long until the Neo confederacy gets created on this map?

Main goal would be to spread as much Coronachan infections as possible by avoid social distancing fake news and praying to Jesus to remove the plague.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

the neoconfederacy basically is already shown on the map, they're all the states that don't need a pact because they are perfectly fine under god emperor trump

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

putin salivating at the chops at alaska being back on the market*

shame they 'sold' (pah, fake contract) it before they knew about the oil there, after all

*by market, meaning open to violent claims

e:

https://twitter.com/LinkeviciusL/status/1251221562902052866

not an endorsement has issued a correction as of 13:43 on Apr 18, 2020

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Raiad posted:

the neoconfederacy basically is already shown on the map, they're all the states that don't need a pact because they are perfectly fine under god emperor trump

The Plague Lands
Neo Confederacy
Gilead
Trump Fief

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

gangtag imo

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

does it kinda seem like trump is actually encouraging this sort of behaviour or have i just gone crazy?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

I never thought I'd die fighting side by side with a Kentuckian.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CODChimera posted:

does it kinda seem like trump is actually encouraging this sort of behaviour or have i just gone crazy?

Liberate Michigan / Liberate Virginia!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

twoday posted:

So far, we have only thought about coalitions built upon state lines. If there is real balkanization happening, then there will be a chance for certain counties, and other particular parts of states to break away. For instance, I can imagine most of Florida becoming independent, but the panhandle joining the confederacy. Does anyone else have any good examples of fractures that might occur within state boundaries?

The Mormon belt stretches from Arizona to Idaho, there's a good chance Utah would make off with eastern Idaho, northern Arizona, eastern Nevada, and western wyoming

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

not an endorsement posted:

putin salivating at the chops at alaska being back on the market*

shame they 'sold' (pah, fake contract) it before they knew about the oil there, after all

*by market, meaning open to violent claims

I feel like if he just made being gay illegal, outlawed abortions, and everyone got to keep their guns - a lot of the chuds would be fine with it. There might be a pushback from the Russians who live here. They are all old believers and while they would be fine with the previous conditions, having the mainstream orthodox church running the show would probably be a dealbreaker for them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmAt8z0GQ98

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

And the Covid thread

Yeah, I don't see actual balkanization anytime soon (if ever), but these state coalitions are going to be great rough drafts for people who are interested in this sort of break-up.

Zyme
Aug 15, 2000

CODChimera posted:

I don't think he is capable of thought processes as complex as that would require. He just seems to be reacting in a very primitive way against threats to his ego.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Jesus gently caress lol

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Raiad posted:

Lmao, it's the north that secedes this time

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Mayor Dave posted:

The Mormon belt stretches from Arizona to Idaho, there's a good chance Utah would make off with eastern Idaho, northern Arizona, eastern Nevada, and western wyoming

not just northern AZ. central as well, and much of the lower third

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Mar a Lago is going to become the southern white house. LMAO

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

tangy yet delightful posted:

only during Trump years. Non-dynastic MAGA kings will have to settle on refurbished confederate-era government mansions like a bitch

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Gonna be a helluva photo for the history books when a red flag is being planted atop its ruins.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Somebody post that Soviet map predicting how the US will Balkanize

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Spergin Morlock posted:

not just northern AZ. central as well, and much of the lower third

Maricopa County vs. the FLDS sounds like a banger for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

BULBASAUR posted:

Somebody post that Soviet map predicting how the US will Balkanize