Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whose side of the New War of Love & Brains are you on?
IshiBame
IshIino
View Results

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Honestly the relationship between Kaguya and Ishigami is my favorite in the manga. They have such a cute older sister little brother vibe.

Kaguya's relationship with Ishigami right now is practically what she wants to have with Prez's sister: Being actual siblings with one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
God, I just realized that Ishigami's thing about flower language isn't just a running gag, it's a hint that he's the one who gave Iino the note in middle school.

Anyone remember what flower it was?

lapis legit
Sep 14, 2017

Poltergrift posted:

God, I just realized that Ishigami's thing about flower language isn't just a running gag, it's a hint that he's the one who gave Iino the note in middle school.

Anyone remember what flower it was?

https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/91-1/9/

The flower is Sutera Diffusus. And yeah, it is VERY strongly implied that Ishigami is the one that gives it to her. He's in the same class and can see her suffering, they've established (jokingly) that giving girls flowers is kinda his go-to-move and he's someone who would do something like that anonymously, he's the only one who understand flower language....oh, and that particular chapter is named "Yu Ishigami closes his eyes" despite the chapter focusing entirely on Iino. (This is why despite everything else I kinda ship them tbh)

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

shes mad
https://guya.moe/read/manga/Kaguya-Wants-To-Be-Confessed-To/185/1/

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
HOLY poo poo! THE MUSCLE-PRINCESS IS BACK! :black101:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Summary of Chapter 185:

Reptile calls up Kaguya and tells her of Hayasaka's 10-year betrayal, Haya despairs.

Kaguya shows up and SLUGS REPTILE INTO NEXT WEEK!!! :harambe:

Kaguya, for the first time in her life, wants to forgive a friend who betrayed her, yet knows not how.

End of Hayasaka Arc next week!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hajime no Ippo running wild in this series

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
So, um, is Shirogane dead or what?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Mirage posted:

So, um, is Shirogane dead or what?

They took him away, but it's highly likely they encountered Kaguya on the way back down. If anyone's dead, it's not Shirogane.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wonder how much being a goon (as in, an underling for a villain) pays.

You gotta figure it's better than menial labor, considering the amount of commitment and extralegal poo poo you have to take on? Would the Shinomiya family's goons make more or less money than Hayasaka? On one hand, they probably don't have to have as versatile a skill set. On the other hand, they're adults, and are less likely to be accepting of totally insane bullshit, unless they have also been indoctrinated since childhood.

I really like the goons in Fullmetal Alchemist because they often had a level of bullshit where they would throw up their hands and go "This not worth the trouble anymore" which made the reluctance of the main characters to murder them feel a lot more meaningful than it usually does

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

OnimaruXLR posted:

You gotta figure it's better than menial labor, considering the amount of commitment and extralegal poo poo you have to take on? Would the Shinomiya family's goons make more or less money than Hayasaka? On one hand, they probably don't have to have as versatile a skill set. On the other hand, they're adults, and are less likely to be accepting of totally insane bullshit, unless they have also been indoctrinated since childhood.

Considering the Shinomiyas' hyperbolic wealth, I wouldn't be too surprised if a pretty substantial portion of their forces were raised in Shinomiya indoctrination academies.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

There's also the whole dilemma being highlighted by Hayasaka's case that leaving the Shinomiya Group, especially if you're in the 'hired goons' department, is probably not as easy as filing your 2-weeks notice and thanking them for their time :thunk:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I mean, we all knew Kaguya and Hayasaka's relationship was never going to be the same after this, but now I'm really interested in how it's going to end up at the end of this mess.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

ai cryasaka https://guya.moe/186

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

THANK GOD

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Well it looks like Kaguya's brother and Hayasaka's mom had a similar relationship to Kaguya and Hayasaka. Only he didn't forgive her.

Very interesting.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Nice way to wrap the arc up

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

me too

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Incidentally, the first chapter to Akasaka and Yokoyari's new manga Oshi no Ko also came out.

It is decidedly something else :stonk:

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/oshi-no-ko/en/0/1/page/1

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah that might have been one of the biggest "hard pass"es I've ever given a manga. There have been worse series I'm sure, but I typically wouldn't finish the first chapter of them.

Got to the end of that one, and great goodness gracious no loving thank you.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

that’s loving wild. no thanks.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

:same:

Pretty good end to this arc, excited to see how Hayasaka deals with Kaguya's poo poo now that they're on equal ground

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, she was already at the end of her rope after Kaguya and the Prez made out on the festival.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

Incidentally, the first chapter to Akasaka and Yokoyari's new manga Oshi no Ko also came out.

Lmao this is loving wild. I have to see where this goes

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Super Jay Mann posted:

haha holy poo poo lmao

aka the madman

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

boredsatellite posted:

God drat idol thread posters.

Y'all make me sick.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

boredsatellite posted:

Same, holy poo poo

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Super Jay Mann posted:

hahaha what the christ

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
I’m all in on seeing a baby investigate his previous incarnations murder.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Super Jay Mann posted:

:sickos:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I'm glad the kidnappers all got their asses kicked. And that reptile knew when to fold.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Super Jay Mann posted:

Something else indeed. Same dude behind Scum's Wish? This is either going to be a trainwreck or a masterwork.

I'm giving it a chance. Premise is something else entirely but still.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We need a separate thread for Oshi no Ko. This is Kaguya, not the Akasaka Works Megathread. :nyoron:

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Such a vulgar word...

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Grouchio posted:

We need a separate thread for Oshi no Ko. This is Kaguya, not the Akasaka Works Megathread. :nyoron:
probably best to park it in the seinen thread (runs in weekly young jump) until there ever comes a point where it warrants its own

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Is Akasaka the writer or the artist of that new series?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

Is Akasaka the writer or the artist of that new series?

Writer

edit: makes me think aka is 100% gonna pull the trigger on kashiwagi getting teen pregnant

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Tarezax posted:

Writer

edit: makes me think aka is 100% gonna pull the trigger on kashiwagi getting teen pregnant
Prediction: Maki will be reincarnated as their child. :kheldragar:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Weaker ending than I'd hope actually since I was expecting more pushback from Kaguya's brother. Hair-cutting is kinda cliche for manga/anime too. But there are still more chapters to go so I'll see I guess.

My highlight is Shirogane taking down the guy with spice. I figured he'd be able to do it but I was wondering how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tarezax posted:

Writer

I mean Tsubasa already has 3 (or was it 4? Was the Ramen King Subject F encountered while "trying" to lose weight confirmed as a Tanuma?) generations of relatives with complete disregard for protection running through his veins, so might as well go for it.