Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

kiimo posted:

Putting letters on the wall. Ugh. Thanks a lot, Joanna Gaines

No giant clock. D-.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
T = Terminal cancer, Telesco is going to die of cancer in the next couple months, credit to @jayglazer for this exclusive scoop!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

torgeaux posted:

No giant clock. D-.

At least the built-ins aren't covered in shiplap

how are these HGTV jokes goin so far

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Can we instead talk about that ping pong table? Because that looks nice.

But also what's with the anchor T on the wall

I’d rather talk about the moose in the sweet Lance Alworth throwback jersey.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Didn't someone say that is the super awesome so amazing it will make you go blind because it's too beautiful for the human eye to absorb new Chargers jersey on that moose?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Hey persons! Just here to say that anime avatars are cool and Lamar Jackson is a POS chud.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/...0659%26page%3D8

Jaw dropped at Bears

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

there's a strong bias about the pro bowl where the successful teams get lots of players into it, while the bad teams hardly get any.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cavauro posted:

there's a strong bias about the pro bowl where the successful teams get lots of players into it, while the bad teams hardly get any.

I’ve noticed that with Super Bowls too.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

yeah like obviously the cowboys are going to get a ton of undeserving players but the bears?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah like obviously the cowboys are going to get a ton of undeserving players but the bears?

Chicago is a big market I guess.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Of the Bears' 23, 8 are Brian Urlacher and 3 each are Devin Hester, Tommie Harris, Kyle Long and Greg Olsen. 2 of the remaining 3 are Matt Forte, not sure who the other one is.

edit: Olsen's weren't with the Bears

edit 2: Something called "Henry Melton" played in a Pro Bowl, and Alshon Jeffery played in one, and Kyle Fuller has played in 2

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 18, 2020

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

kiimo posted:

I thought this based completely on stats and not watching the games and some non-fantasy football mind did a deep dive on him and convinced me otherwise

The deep dive convinced you he was bad? I'd be interested to hear/see that if you remember who it was. I got my opinion from watching him play. He makes good reads and he's relatively accurate with the ball. Gets through his progressions on every play and makes quick decisions. Athletic enough to pick up yards on the ground and avoid sacks in the pocket.

He had a tough time with fumbles, and there were definitely the standard rookie interceptions where you can't even tell what he was thinking, but overall I thought he looked the part of an NFL player.

This guy kinda talks about some of the good things we saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUqe8sFbxwk

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He acquired more than half his TDs in 3 games against Washington, the Jets, and the Lions. It's mostly a tale of some good games against bad teams and a lot of bad games against mediocre to good teams making it look better on average.

Its like Trubisky's first year where Detroit, Tampa, and Miami buoyed his stats and convinced some people that he was improving.

In fact, 2018 Trubisky is a pretty decent statistical comp to Jones. Same TD and Int count, similar attempts, and YPG. Mitch was little more efficient though.

Mitch was playing with a good team with an extremely good defense and a solid offense. A team good enough to drag him to the playoffs. Jones was playing with . . . the New York football Giants. One of the worst rosters in the entire league, easily. One of the worst offensive lines in the league, and the thinnest at receiver. He really had very little to work with, especially considering he was a rookie

As for the Lamar Jackson stuff... not gonna lie, that's disappointing to see

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mitch literally made the pro bowl

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Eric the Mauve posted:

Of the Bears' 23, 8 are Brian Urlacher and 3 each are Devin Hester, Tommie Harris, Kyle Long and Greg Olsen. 2 of the remaining 3 are Matt Forte, not sure who the other one is.

edit: Olsen's weren't with the Bears

edit 2: Something called "Henry Melton" played in a Pro Bowl, and Alshon Jeffery played in one, and Kyle Fuller has played in 2

I assumed that list was of separate players, not counting repeat nominations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Play posted:

Mitch was playing with a good team with an extremely good defense and a solid offense. A team good enough to drag him to the playoffs. Jones was playing with . . . the New York football Giants. One of the worst rosters in the entire league, easily. One of the worst offensive lines in the league, and the thinnest at receiver. He really had very little to work with, especially considering he was a rookie

Barkley, Shepard and Tate are a better set of skill position players than Howard, Gabriel and Robinson.

The 2018 Bears line was somewhat better, but the Giants weren't one of the worst lines in the league last year. They were middling.

Don't really think the Bears defense matters much for the comparison.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can't believe someone is disparaging henry melton, texas's bowling ball running back converted into a DE.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Lamar Jackson sucks and Play posts like he’s writing a book report and needs to meet a word count. Good grief

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

BrownThunder posted:

Lamar Jackson sucks and Play posts like he’s writing a book report and needs to meet a word count. Good grief

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BrownThunder posted:

I wonder sometimes if you're even capable, psychologically, of not posting about me. I'm guessing... no. Try tp prove me wrong if you want but I live rent free in your head lmao

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Play posted:

I wonder sometimes if you're even capable, psychologically, of not posting about me. I'm guessing... no. Try tp prove me wrong if you want but I live rent free in your head lmao

Chiche said the same thing in another thread (plus more!) and got zero reaction so I think the lease is in my name buddy

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

BrownThunder posted:

Chiche said the same thing in another thread (plus more!) and got zero reaction so I think the lease is in my name buddy

probably because you're constantly bitching nonstop about everything. i mean, maybe that's it

forums number one drama queen by far

seems like you just live for that poo poo

Play fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 18, 2020

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

God even your meltdowns are long winded. Maybe everyone saying Get Out Of Here Play really got to you. Oh well. Cheer up buddy just saying the posts are bit long. Actual content:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1251577674381889537?s=20

Rams gonna cut Goff

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think he could be more thorough. Like, what’s football? Why is only the kicker kicking? I need these breakdowns in the mock draft picks thread

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I assumed that list was of separate players, not counting repeat nominations.

I went over the Bears' whole draft history since 1996 and I'm pretty drat certain they have not drafted 23 separate Pro Bowl players, even if you count guys like Olsen who made Pro Bowls with other teams

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

BrownThunder posted:

Who cares and JUST POST.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Truzzzzzz

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Play posted:

probably because you're constantly bitching nonstop about everything. i mean, maybe that's it

forums number one drama queen by far

seems like you just live for that poo poo

I've grown to like you some, but this isn't it cousin.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Are you saying Play is the Kirk Cousins of tff

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Stop posting about posters you whiney turds. Let's all focus on Lamar being a chud now

Play
Apr 25, 2006

D-LINK posted:

I've grown to like you some, but this isn't it cousin.

It's irritating to get followed around and sniped at all the time, then he's attempting to mock me for posting about football int he football news thread. It's lame as hell. Needs to get his drama seeking ways under control, or just put me on ignore if he's so upset about... whatever it is

I've ignored tons of stuff, and that didn't seem to work so I'm doing this in hopes it does

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

whiney daldtend

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Stop posting about posters you whiney turds. Let's all focus on Lamar being a chud now

I mean he does always beat up on the Browns

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Play posted:

It's irritating to get followed around and sniped at all the time, then he's attempting to mock me for posting about football int he football news thread. It's lame as hell. Needs to get his drama seeking ways under control, or just put me on ignore if he's so upset about... whatever it is

Make a joke that makes someone laugh, preferably at BT's expense instead of whining about getting dunked on. Namaste

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Adun posted:

I mean he does always beat up on the Browns

:golfclap:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Big Ben is gonna become Battleship Ben

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lamar just has Stockholm Syndrome for the Chiefs. Commander and KC

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
It’s important to understand that Andy dalton is good, handsome, and my best friend in the entire world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Andy Dalton is going to start for the Bengals because whomever they draft will suck rear end or die