Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Japanese cuisine seems so nuanced to me.
For those of you who don't know, in the US our food is most
definitely ground animal intestines.

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Sjs00 posted:

Japanese cuisine seems so nuanced to me.
For those of you who don't know, in the US our food is most
definitely ground animal intestines.

How dare you!

You forgot to mention there's probably some feces in there too.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I feel like in the east texture and temperature also sort of count as flavors. Or at least are purposefully accounted for when someone's deciding the flavor profile of a dish.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Salmon roe rules

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Yet again NEET comic delivers with pages of extremely minute details abt mundane things after high drama situations. At first I thought the artist had terrible pacing but after nearly a year of reading I've come to understand that this is truly the highest form of art.
Also I'm reading Moby Dick for the first time and the pacing is exactly the same. Twenty pages of heart pounding ocean battles with leviathans, some wacky dialogue and then twenty pages of insane phrenology rambling or another twenty pages describing how harpoon rope is greased and coiled.

Sprue
Feb 21, 2006

please send nudes :shittydog:
:petdog:
Oh poo poo I just checked this thread started Nov '18... I've been following this for a year and a half lol

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Sprue, while this is very pretty and I appreciate your dedication, your complacency may doom us all to a life with less NEET in it.

You ought to heed the guidance of Sprue:

Sprue posted:

*audible sigh* tch tch, baka. no u post like this

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Magissima posted:

Salmon roe rules

A place near me does a really good she crab soup, the roe is like little salty pearls of deliciousness floating on top

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol hell yeah

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Oh boy

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

slam some brewskis, neet. you've earned it (?)

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Who will punch him in the face this time?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
C'mon NEET get drunk and text ur ex "u up?"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Aino Minako posted:

Who will punch him in the face this time?

The restaurant owner, when it turns out NEET can't afford to pay the bill

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
3 beers in he's gonna be trashed

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

SniperWoreConverse posted:

3 beers in he's gonna be trashed

please don't doxx me

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Derpies posted:

Nooooooooooooo

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I can't take this

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Derpies posted:

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Oh nooooo his bill is gonna be huge.
I work at a conveyor belt sushi place and we do get a lot of customers who end up grabbing so much stuff from the belt only to realise they overspent. Had a group of 4 lads spend £250 on nothing but belt sushi (no orders of hot food or anything) it was weird.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Solefald posted:

I work at a conveyor belt sushi place and we do get a lot of customers who end up grabbing so much stuff from the belt only to realise they overspent. Had a group of 4 lads spend £250 on nothing but belt sushi (no orders of hot food or anything) it was weird.

He will have to pay off his debts working as a sushi chef. Then Oga writes a manga about it.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Solefald posted:

Conveyor belt sushi is fun as hell. My wife and I built a huge stack of little plates at a place in Osaka, then when we were done the waitress came over with this little scanner that apparently just detected the plate colors and gave us a total based on that. The total wasn't too bad but I could easily see running up a big tab without thinking it--although I'd think NEET's little tablet should have a running total on it.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Alcoholic NEET arc coming up?

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Neet’s planning his big heist, derail the trains and then take all the sushi for himself

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Go home NEET, you're drunk.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Ziv Zulander posted:

Neet’s planning his big heist, derail the trains and then take all the sushi for himself

"tight, eh, gonna need the big guns for this job"
*puts firecrackers on the track*

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

I love the extreme attention to detail on things I would never have considered if this comic didn't bring them up in the first place.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I hope this is the, "become a useless drunk" parallel.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm learning so much about sushi trains right now.

Sister Make
Feb 5, 2020

neet NEET NEET NEET

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
NEET is gonna make that classic mistake regarding customer service workers smiling at him

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Neet. No. Bad neet.
*smacks nose with rolled newspaper*

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
He's gonna barf

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

That's just a window in front of him with decals that say "SMILE"

NAGA LIU KANG
Jul 17, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shadow0 posted:

That's just a window in front of him with decals that say "SMILE"

lmao, he's just serenely pressing his face against it. I want this to be 100% true.

"He ate a bunch of sushi, had 3 beers and then started acting weird."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They're going to come tell him his meal was $150 and that window is going to suddenly say FROWN