Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

eric ciaramella posted:

the neighbours banging is at 7pm every day now. the guy across the street has a little snare drum. still dont know what it's for, there are no cars driving on the street that they're drumming for.

they're supporting healthcare workers by waking up all the third shift hospital workers so they do they're drat jobs .. !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Who mourns for Morn?

I am Mourne

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kater posted:

im just asking questions but does a building ac really run when its 50 degrees out?

heat is technically air conditioning so yes? I think they just mean forced air temperature conditioning

mystes
May 31, 2006

kater posted:

im just asking questions but does a building ac really run when its 50 degrees out?
It depends on the type of building and ac system. Things like commercial and office buildings are probably bad because they run all the time and actual air gets circulated between rooms.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

lol my neighbors go out every day maryland is the next New York

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

drat can't turn on AC cause the covid, can't turn on the fan cause it kills you at night..... really tired of this viirus. i'm waiting for the next one to show up concurrently. i want those double peaks

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

:funeraldance:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

nice cat dumbass :smugdon:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

yeah I don't know poo poo about poo poo but this sure looks like a grant boondoggle to me

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Homeless Friend posted:

nice cat dumbass :smugdon:

yeah well I tried okay

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Air Conditioning in the US is going to kill millions in the summer

but I upgraded to a filtrette 2200 for the intake air :(

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

new national anthem

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I’m glad I’m not in Eastern pa atm it sounds pretty hosed up

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's the going to be part of that awesome Google coronavirus site Trump told us about?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fan Death was Real

oh god

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fan Death was Real

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Fleetwood posted:

Colombo always orders the chili

you're goddamn right.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
a little research goes a long way. thank dog we still have a community newspaper.

quote:

We find new forums for solidarity – every day at 7 p.m., it comes like a festival. Here in City Name, it began with the loud cracks of fireworks. Something swelled inside of us, and in defiance of the quiet that’s consumed our physically distant cities, we erupted into celebration.

In the face of an existential fear, we cheer for our lives. From the quarantine of our homes, we bang pots and pans for those who continue to go out and risk their own health for that of the community. All our cooped-up energy and angst come together and give rise to what’s likely one of the most unifying prime-time activities in a decade.

The 7 o’clock cheer is foremost for health-care workers on the front lines of the pandemic, but it’s also a spirit-lifting practice for the rest of us. Indeed, if we’re fighting a war, then this is our battle cry.

I went to the park (to get the photo I posted earlier) and there were like 40 people there. social distancing, sure, and the playground is closed, but still a shitload of people.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Got a weird question, but it's about self-isolation so I guess it's minimally relevant to the thread. I've got a wee tiny nephew that I used to draw with a lot--like, I'd draw part of a dinosaur and he'd finish it, or we'd work on one giant superhero fight drawing together, or otherwise just get out the construction paper and markers and go nuts together. Now that we're isolated, I'd like to know if there are apps that would let us draw together virtually. The tricky part is we're cross platform; I'm on android and he's on an ipad. He's still pretty small so something aimed at kids would be best. Casual googling isn't helping much; if anyone knows of something that's worked well for them, I'm all ears.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

extremely pro click :kimchi:

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

mystes posted:

It's the going to be part of that awesome Google coronavirus site Trump told us about?

Lol forgot about that one. That's from when I payed any attention to anything that happened during the briefings

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This doesn't phase me, I'm already at maximum levels of embarrassment for my shittacular disaster state

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

atomicgeek posted:

Got a weird question, but it's about self-isolation so I guess it's minimally relevant to the thread. I've got a wee tiny nephew that I used to draw with a lot--like, I'd draw part of a dinosaur and he'd finish it, or we'd work on one giant superhero fight drawing together, or otherwise just get out the construction paper and markers and go nuts together. Now that we're isolated, I'd like to know if there are apps that would let us draw together virtually. The tricky part is we're cross platform; I'm on android and he's on an ipad. He's still pretty small so something aimed at kids would be best. Casual googling isn't helping much; if anyone knows of something that's worked well for them, I'm all ears.

grindr

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Gio posted:

grindr

can confirm

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

there's tons of multiplayer paint-esque sites.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Wait, people in the Villages are dying? YEEEEESSSS

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

what's the context? i need the Tea

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

So if you don't get immunity and we can't make a vaccine what then?
I guess hope we get real good at treating it?

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Thesaurus posted:

I have AC on right now.

Am I going to die?

do you sleep with a fan on?

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Bullfrog posted:

what's the context? i need the Tea

poor parking discipline

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

https://mobile.twitter.com/BanditGolf/status/1251301790991159298

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

Theoretically you could eradicate the disease with strict lockdowns, widespread testing and screening, isolation of cases, contact tracing, informing people who are exposed and even more testing but that would require somebody with a brain in charge

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Communist Thoughts posted:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Judakel posted:

Wait, people in the Villages are dying? YEEEEESSSS

yeah there are 347 active cases and 17 deaths in Lake + Sumter counties (that's where The Villages is)

https://arcg.is/0Hfi5O

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/ehananoki/status/1251699700853604354

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

BeefThief posted:

Theoretically you could eradicate the disease with strict lockdowns, widespread testing and screening, isolation of cases, contact tracing, informing people who are exposed and even more testing but that would require somebody with a brain in charge

Also would require countries to not let mass infection to happen now so there's not massive amounts of mutation

oh dear,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

if it kills 2% and you can get reinfected a month later, we're literally going to have to quarantine for a year