Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
all the penguin wanted was a political title so he could freely shitpost on twitter and he was murdered for it

liberate gotham

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Sandberg said the idea that coronavirus could be finding sanctuary in the testes is “speculative.” But she said “it’s worth pointing out to people who have forgotten that ACE2 is in the testes, and could be a player.”

the ACE2 is stored in the balls

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

youtube won't let americans see this :(

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

TurboFlamingChicken posted:

Already here we go again where there is a dip in cases because They Dont apparently run tests on the weekend and then everyone gets excited and then by Tuesday we find things are worse than before I'm kind of surprised about the fourth or fifth time this has happened that people still fall for it but here we are

nah its gonna be fine lets get some baskin robbins

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Flesh Forge posted:

youtube won't let americans see this :(

lol owned

this was mean, here have a different song by them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eMazJ3WMQg

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/FSDPA/status/1251168318624497666

i was on my bicycle yesterday and waiting for a traffic light the guy ahead of me had some urticaria on his legs

i was wearing a good mask so im not too worried about it but i wonder if he had covid

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

so many of us are going to die :toot:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1251817434639630336

twoday
May 4, 2005

2DCAT posted:

Every once and awhile I like to check in on their news and it never fails to disappoint

averaging 5 obituaries a day in April and not a single article in the heath section is about COVID-19

twoday
May 4, 2005

poty posted:

i was on my bicycle yesterday and waiting for a traffic light the guy ahead of me had some urticaria on his legs

i was wearing a good mask so im not too worried about it but i wonder if he had covid

I’m looking forward to being further ostracized for my pre-existing skin problems once this becomes common knowledge

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

poty posted:

great one more drat symptom goons can worry about.

can’t wait for the pictures to get posted.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

facetoucher cat posted:

How about if someone just gives me a job to take terrible pictures of my cats and post and gain weight back that I'd skillfully lost because apparently that's all I'm going to be able to do right now and it sucks balls and not in a good way

ur cat is posing like america

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bollocks

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
don't hella christian types do anal so they are 'technically' celibate or is that fake news spread by anal provocateurs

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/1251698309481271299?s=20

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

poty posted:

lol i wonder how much fuckery is gonna be caused from the baseline itself by stress induced conditions overall

sure would be cool to have a competent government and comprehensive available testing and free medical care and :waycool:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

fits my needs posted:

don't hella christian types do anal so they are 'technically' celibate or is that fake news spread by anal provocateurs

saving everything but my rear end for marriage

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Marzzle posted:

I don't think the heat will stop it tbh but I'd rather point to some numbers instead of a vague hunch that things are only going to get worse. If there's an entire media and political narrative that "the heat will stop it" then it makes sense that we try and figure out some way to refute it because maybe it will save some lives.

not everyone has a bunch of dumb rear end CHUDS in their life that won't listen to reason but there's a lot of people that won't listen to the anxieties of CSPAM doomsayers without supporting evidence

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

kater posted:

ur cat is posing like america

:trumppop:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Marzzle posted:

I don't think the heat will stop it tbh but I'd rather point to some numbers instead of a vague hunch that things are only going to get worse. If there's an entire media and political narrative that "the heat will stop it" then it makes sense that we try and figure out some way to refute it because maybe it will save some lives.

not everyone has a bunch of dumb rear end CHUDS in their life that won't listen to reason but there's a lot of people that won't listen to the anxieties of CSPAM doomsayers without supporting evidence

duuurrrrr just show them the empirical evidence and they'll sto--pfffftt hahahahahaha

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

It wasn't an unforeseeable catastrophe, we had plenty of measures to slow things like these down before a certain someone decided to defund a bunch of them. The places with proper funding for preparation are now reaping the rewards and that's clearly shown in the statistics.

collectively speaking, really loving stupid.

What states you think have been doing relatively well? I know Kentucky has compared to its neighbors.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

once things get really rolling, any state that is doing well is absolutely going to get dragged down by GOP saboteurs.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Marzzle posted:

i thought flu was in part big in the winter time because people are closer together because of the weather and stuff (and no I won't look up info at this hour!!!)

but now everyone is ansty after not being around people and will want to hug and kiss people at their job in the spring/summer (as stated by the president of the united states) once they get back to it

this ofc ignores that entire class of people who have never had the option to quit working

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Vishass posted:

Christ I was hoping GA would like "go it alone" or by some miracle join some coalition of states with big airports or something but no Kemp is going to lock arm with the loving mouth breathers in the states around us that have GOP governors

That he supposedly didn’t know that people were contagious many days before developing symptoms until we were a couple of weeks into this thing was very telling. He’s either willfully ignorant or getting criminally bad advice from his public health experts. This thread knew that in January.

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

oh goodie. so glad I can be a part of this.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

how does flu season even work is the virus fuckin migratory where the gently caress does it go for summer

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

kater posted:

how does flu season even work is the virus fuckin migratory where the gently caress does it go for summer

it flies south. duh

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

CPA Hell posted:

oh goodie. so glad I can be a part of this.

THE SOUTHS INFECTION RATE WILL RISE AGAIN :bahgawd:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

CPA Hell posted:

That he supposedly didn’t know that people were contagious many days before developing symptoms until we were a couple of weeks into this thing was very telling. He’s either willfully ignorant or getting criminally bad advice from his public health experts. This thread knew that in January.

He is lying about not knowing it couldn't be more obvious

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

Rah! posted:

they can still get infected by the ball that they have both touched and probably breathed on and stuff. being on separate rooftops makes no difference

thats why social distancing means u cant do 99% of sports lmao u ding dongs

have you thought about e-sports? :smug:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
bless your heart and stay safe, y'all. :)

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

:rip:

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/AmericanWally/status/1251458254560997378

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

halo makes so much more sense now

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

is this a gently caress thing

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

kater posted:

It's present all year round, but fewer infections happen during the summer months.

Colder, drier air dries out the mucous membranes, making it easier for the virus to get in your lungs. The virus also survives longer in cold weather.

Less sunlight means less Vitamin D being produced in the body, which has an effect on the immune system. UV light likely also reduces the time the virus can live outside of a host.

In a lot of countries, kids don't go to school during the summer. So when schools return in autumn it greatly increases transmission by the little superspreading bastards.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/cheez_krust/status/1251647659586142209

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
mucus machine go brrr

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

As a gentleman of a certain age, where nasal hair is now part of my grooming, should I continue to do so in these trying times?

Or should I cultivate a forest of nose hair so dense the roni will be forever entrapped?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
This is what I imagine every American C-Spam friend is like right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLcNStHTDjM&t=16s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

kater posted:

It comes to Australia and New Zealand for the winter like a reverse snowbird. Flu season is just starting here so we’re all being encouraged to get our flu vaccine this month so we don’t get both flu and the rona at once because that would be really bad or something.