Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Not that I don't love and respect the folks who work at the parks but I don't want to have nasal testing done by them. Between the need to move through lots of people quickly even with reduced crowds and having experienced a few of these tests myself in the past... I can wait a little longer for my Dole Whip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

it's gonna be a long long time before it's safe to go to Disney, or fly

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This has been known for a while. It's why the study claiming "3 hours survival in the air" was criticized because they had to artificially induce an aerosol and keep it in the air in a lab environment. Normally the virus just exists as droplets from a cough or sneeze and will fall assuming nothing blows it, which is why you want to be careful with surfaces.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Some proper Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rums on this fine Sunday evening after a long day of yard work. Besides the Trader Sam's window on YouTube, there's a really great playlist on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4UH8mvqF6rJprb2JnLY7eb?si=liDqZsHORzuTz7AtiC93qg

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Applied for Unemployment, feels weird man.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

Tim Whatley posted:

Some proper Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rums on this fine Sunday evening after a long day of yard work. Besides the Trader Sam's window on YouTube, there's a really great playlist on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4UH8mvqF6rJprb2JnLY7eb?si=liDqZsHORzuTz7AtiC93qg

Thanks for this. Any good links for tiki recipes? My ex got the super nice book we had. I know how to Google, but was wondering what TS recipes you were using.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

It's not so bad.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Old Man Pants posted:

Thanks for this. Any good links for tiki recipes? My ex got the super nice book we had. I know how to Google, but was wondering what TS recipes you were using.

I purchased "Total Tiki" on the apple app store. It's a bit expensive at $10 but it's a Beachbum Berry product who is a great guy, owns the tiki bar here (Latitude 29), and is a pretty big name in tiki in the US right now. It has a LOT of recipes in it as well as the typical built in bar stocker feature. And really, let's be honest, the biggest cost so far was when I sunk over $100 stocking myself with more rum varietals.

It has a good amount of history in the app as well as giving variations on recipes throughout their lifespan (the zombie alone has 7 spanning 1934-2007)

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The first time I filed for unemployment was one of the weirdest feelings ever. It'll get better, friend. Keep your head up.

Old Man Pants posted:

The Tiki Rum is more or less literally just a Painkiller. We have Pussers Rum on hand which is usually what you use for Painkillers but obviously any will work. I used a really good Polynesian rum yesterday called Motu Rum as well.

2 oz gold or dark rum

1 1/2 oz cream of coconut

1 1/2 oz pineapple juice

1 oz orange juice

crushed ice, as needed

freshly ground nutmeg and cinnamon, to top

Shrunken Zombie Head is pretty easy too. It apparently uses like 2 kinds of rum plus a shot of 151 but just get weird on your rum choices.

Combine the rum with sour mix, OJ, and almond syrup.

Polynesian Pearl needs POG juice, or just mix pineapple, orange, guava. I used ground cinnamon because I don't really need a whole thing of cinnamon syrup.

0.5 oz Cinnamon Syrup (2 pumps)

3 oz POG Juice

1 oz Grand Marnier

1.5 oz RumChata

Not a Trader Sam's thing but I just love Funky Monkeys, which I think fits the bill and can probably be innovated on.

99 Bananas which is a banana schnapps
Coconut Rum
Pineapple Juice
Cherry to garnish

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 20, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Beachbum Berry's Remixed is probably the bible for tiki drinkers. It's an updated version of his original book with corrections to the recipes, both from new historic information and from improving his mixing skills (like using fresh juices instead of sour mix). The guy is single-handedly responsible for us knowing what's in a Zombie.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I was looking at these recipes, haven’t made them yet I need to stock up.

https://www.themeparkprofessor.com/2020/03/make-your-favorite-trader-sams-drinks-at-home/

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

chitoryu12 posted:

Beachbum Berry's Remixed is probably the bible for tiki drinkers. It's an updated version of his original book with corrections to the recipes, both from new historic information and from improving his mixing skills (like using fresh juices instead of sour mix). The guy is single-handedly responsible for us knowing what's in a Zombie.

A lot of his recipes get talked about on a channel I watched called Distinguished Spirits, who does really fascinating deep dives into the history of the drinks before he makes them. His tiki drinks usually come from Beachbum Berry or Smuggler's Cove.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Walt Disney World for first-timers: Secretly the Tiki Drinks thread, but Shhh don't tell anyone

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Are you people making your own Orgeat, Falernum? or Do you buy them and where?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Quixotic1 posted:

Are you people making your own Orgeat, Falernum? or Do you buy them and where?

I've made my own orgeat, it was kind of a pain in the rear end, but worth it.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Old Man Pants posted:

I've made my own orgeat, it was kind of a pain in the rear end, but worth it.

Cost wise or taste wise?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I've never made it but I do have your standard Monin variant of it. It's on Amazon and so is the Torani kind.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I made my own orgeat, falernum, and pimento dram. Orgeat was easy if you got the almonds, food processor, and a nut milk bag. Falernum was a pain in the rear end zesting a butt load of limes. Pimento dram just takes forever.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Non tiki post:

The new Joe Rohde designed ears are dope....and sold out immediately, of course

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...rchType=regular

also it looks like Shanghai Disney is ramping up to re-open. YAY

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Non tiki post:

The new Joe Rohde designed ears are dope....and sold out immediately, of course

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-m...rchType=regular

also it looks like Shanghai Disney is ramping up to re-open. YAY

They are still available to buy but lol at $80 for these. I love how they look though.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Went to try and check out, gave me a "This is sold out" error. So yeah, they're sold out.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Happy birthday AK!

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
The Star Tours vehicles are being allowed to roam free in Animal Kingdom to get some exercise.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Don't be silly that's just a wild crane.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Quixotic1 posted:

Cost wise or taste wise?

Taste wise.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
In case anyone misses the fireworks

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Just started playing Sorcerer’s Arena (prolly F2P garbage but whatever) and the menu music is an alternate version of Soarin’!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/escapedstitch/status/1254209702642290688

Alabama

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Circutron posted:

The Star Tours vehicles are being allowed to roam free in Animal Kingdom to get some exercise.

Nature is healing

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

I guess Disney didn’t take delivery so Coke sent them elsewhere.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That's rough, though, because those suckers cost 6.99 each at the parks.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVFO9ZJ612I

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

On that same note, here’s some footage from 1983!

https://vimeo.com/209565881

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?

chitoryu12 posted:

On that same note, here’s some footage from 1983!

https://vimeo.com/209565881

If anyone is jonesing for parks content, the RetroWDW guys have been doing a weekly "movie night" on Thursdays on their YouTube channel, where they do commentary on the footage they've received/restored. It's a good time and a nice way to scratch the Disney itch (their podcast is fun too).

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/1254848882099605505

I dunno it just felt like it belongs here, you know?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...HFxUyFGqTFZxNqc

Theme Parks
    Guidelines:
  • Tape marking of 6 feet apart in ride/attraction queues
  • Staff to regularly wipe down surfaces at random
  • Phase 1 and 2: Staff who are 65+ are encouraged to stay home
    Mandates:
  • All employees required to wear facemasks
  • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ticketing entry and turnstiles
  • Touchless hand sanitizer at each ride/attraction entry and exit
  • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temp above 100.4 must not enter premises)
  • Wipe down of all railing and surfaces regularly
  • Phase 1: 50% capacity
  • Phase 2: 75% capacity

• Hotels
    Guidelines:
  • Phase 1: Housekeeping services to be limited and allow for minimal guest and employee exposure
  • Phase 1: Promote, if available, mobile check-in
  • Phase 1: Housekeeping services only clean upon request, or when guests depart
  • Phase 1: Allow employees to work from home if not playing a critical role in serving guests
  • Phase 1: Only deliver room service to guests' doors
  • Phase 1: Provide self-parking
  • Promote social distancing for all guests and staff
  • Recommended touchless sanitizer at entry
  • Increase cleaning services/additional sanitation services through cleaning companies
  • Phase 1 & 2: Staff who are 65+ are encourage to stay home
    Mandates:
  • Hand sanitizer at entry to be in plain visible sight
  • Temperature checks for staff prior to shift (temp above 100.4 must not enter premises)
  • All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
  • Front desk to sanitize themselves on a regular basis
  • Consistent cleaning of all guest areas
  • Front desk to utilize sneeze-guards
  • Remove all service items in guest rooms to include glassware, coffee cups etc.
  • Mini bars not to be stocked
  • Do no offer self food services
  • Space pool furniture according to distancing guidelines
  • Pool gates and pool chairs to be sanitized regularly
  • Door handles, elevator button and railing to be sanitized regularly
  • Remove all coffee makers from guest rooms
  • Remove all guest collateral items, except for those that are single use
  • Sanitize guest keys before and after each use
  • Sanitize bell carts after each use
  • Phase 1 & 2: No conferences

• Restaurants
    Guidelines:
  • Paper/disposable menus
  • Encourage takeout/online orders
  • Touchless sanitizer at entry
  • Phase 1 & 2: Staff who are 65+ are encouraged to stay home
    Mandates:
  • Hand sanitizer at every table
  • Hand sanitizer at entry to be in plain visible sight
  • All employees with flu-like symptoms advised to stay home
  • Doors to be wiped regularly
  • All staff behind counters must wear gloves (except for bartenders)
  • Bartenders to sanitize hands after making each drink order
  • Seated tables to be six feet apart
  • Phase 1: Limit restaurant and bar capacity to 50%
  • Phase 2: Limit restaurant and bar capacity to 75%

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 28, 2020

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Even at 50% I just don't see how MK can possibly do 6 ft. How does main st at fireworks time even work??

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

This sounds pretty miserable for all staff and guests. It’s unlikely I’m going to be flying this year anyway but even if I could, I’d rather just not go.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

This is stupid and reckless.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
yeah that all looks like "how do we cover our rear end stuff" and not actual "how do we keep people from getting sick/dying" stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Any cast member hear anything back about UI? Been a week with zero correspondence from the state after registering.