Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Chris Pistols posted:

Probably a bit early for most US Goons, but I'm opening up Prontis: Closed

Turnips are selling for 103 bells; the pig seems to be hanging about the South West beach. Help yourself to fruits from the trees, be kind to the flowers. The flowers are making loads of peacock butterflies spawn, so at 2500 bells a pop it's worth netting some if you're sticking around.

Trying to get up to 5 stars, so there's a bit more fencing around than I'd like... with that in mind, if you have any spare outdoor furniture or DIYs you can offer, I'd be most grateful. Reimburse yourself with some of the money in the free section near the airport.

If anyone's struggling for money, there's a few bags of 10,000 bells at the front. Don't be a Greedy Montague and take it all, leave it for those who need it!

Closing up now, thanks for the generous donations, friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I don't know if the rumour is still doing the rounds that black roses can only spawn from two "hybrid" reds, but it's definitely not true. This morning I got a black rose from two reds that grew from seeds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Tarnop posted:

I don't know if the rumour is still doing the rounds that black roses can only spawn from two "hybrid" reds, but it's definitely not true. This morning I got a black rose from two reds that grew from seeds.

It’s blue roses that spawn from hybrid reds I think. There are other combinations that can get them too.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

IronicDongz posted:

Also stuff on outdoor tables/stools/whatever does count against you, if you're doing that.
:what: This whole "clutter" rating seems like a bunch of bullshit imo. You mean just "dropped" items on tables or even placed decorations too?

No idea how many stars I'm at right now, but Snake told me the HHA is supposed to come evaluate tomorrow. How did he know? Isabelle doesn't tell me anything :(

Other recent pet peeves, can't even place an ocarina for ex on a table, but you can play it from the ground while standing up. poo poo aint even close to my mouth, my immersion is ruined. I also notice the tiny nook fan (paddle shaped dealie) refuses to go on tables too. Is it just anything that you can potentially hold can't be placed on tables/surfaces? Whatever it is, Its hella lame.

And I'm absolutely crushed that the wasp head model is not a wearable mask.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It’s blue roses that spawn from hybrid reds I think. There are other combinations that can get them too.

do "hybrid" standard colors just look like regular versions? If so, I have been foolishly disposing of them by giving them away to new players

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I've been spawning blues from pairs of orange

Marzzle posted:

do "hybrid" standard colors just look like regular versions? If so, I have been foolishly disposing of them by giving them away to new players

I have every colour apart from gold rose now, and I've never kept a newly spawned flower of a standard colour

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Apr 19, 2020

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

So the pretty flowers in vases I have on a few outdoor tables count against my island rating? The gently caress?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Marzzle posted:

they look like the regular versions, yes
you know hybrid reds are hybrids because they come from two flowers that aren't red

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Not happy about nintendo's online functionality. I added some goon as a friend, wanted to send them a funny postcard and a gift apparently I can't? can only send to best friends

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
I'm open for a bit this morning so come on down and get a Space Suit, some fossils and a Royal Crown if you're feeling particularly fanciful.

Available fossils, free to good home (some may have been taken by the time you arrive; first come first served, alas);

Acanthostega
Amber
Ankylo Tail
Deinony Torso
Parasaur Torso
Mammoth Torso
Diplo Pelvis
Archelon Tail
Brachio Pelvis
Parasaur Torso
Plesio Tail
Right Megalo Side
Right Ptera Wing
Spino Torso

DIY recipes, also free to good home;

Bamboo Wand
Light Bamboo Rug
Bonsai Shelf
Green leaf pile

They're all on the beach to the left of the airport.

Able Sisters are selling a Space Suit and Royal Crown.

All fruit types are available, help yourself ~

I'll be sitting in the Park by the Plaza in a red dress, semi AFK but come say Hi!

Dodo Code: closed

Thankyou for stopping by~

Your Computer posted:

your island's beautiful :kimchi:

HopperUK posted:

Gorgeous! I need to put in some serious work.
Thankyou :unsmith:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Your town looks awesome! I particularly like the little playground, I want to make one like it now!
I've seen some phenomenal playground areas on other Goon islands, the furniture is fun to mess around with for sure.

Johnny Truant posted:

can you share that design?! would love to make SLURM my island's flag :swoon: :fry: :zoid:
:zoid:

The Sean posted:

I've learned over the past 15+ years on the forum to just post poo poo, and people will (usually) like it, but not many people respond. I'm zen with that. And I don't like reddit's thumbs up/down system compared to our oldschool forums style.

Still, I felt compelled to say thanks for putting so much effort into making a post to share your town.
I completely agree with what you mean, and I'm glad you liked the pictures of my town.

iTrust fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Apr 19, 2020

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Sekenr posted:

Not happy about nintendo's online functionality. I added some goon as a friend, wanted to send them a funny postcard and a gift apparently I can't? can only send to best friends

They have to visit you first

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

peepsalot posted:

:what: This whole "clutter" rating seems like a bunch of bullshit imo. You mean just "dropped" items on tables or even placed decorations too?

No idea how many stars I'm at right now, but Snake told me the HHA is supposed to come evaluate tomorrow. How did he know? Isabelle doesn't tell me anything :(

Other recent pet peeves, can't even place an ocarina for ex on a table, but you can play it from the ground while standing up. poo poo aint even close to my mouth, my immersion is ruined. I also notice the tiny nook fan (paddle shaped dealie) refuses to go on tables too. Is it just anything that you can potentially hold can't be placed on tables/surfaces? Whatever it is, Its hella lame.

And I'm absolutely crushed that the wasp head model is not a wearable mask.

I'm pretty sure only dropped items count as clutter, and placed items do not. I've got an entire section dedicated to placed clothes, and Isabelle hasn't complained, yet. The game is honestly very generous, I think. You have to place a lot of stuff, but it doesn't seem to consider any amount too much. I've just been placing furniture haphazardly, and my rating has remained at a rock solid 5.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Haha holy poo poo the skull wall paper glows in the dark.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Someone said that if you mess with the game campsite villagers might ask to kick someone different out. I have Chadder in the tent this morning and I like the lil cheese rat but he wants to kick Judy who I just met and don't want gone.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

go to sleep, carp island

im tired of you

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I was visiting Nook islands yesterday since Colton left and I needed a new villager but unfortunately I didn't have that many Nook miles and the plot got scooped up this morning by O'Hare

on the islands I saw:

some ugly mouse with a beard
Stitches
Pietro
Renee
Ava
Avery
Gruff

The most tempting ones were Pietro (he's cute i don't get the hate) and Avery but O'Hare seems like he might be ok

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Help Im Alive posted:

The most tempting ones were Pietro (he's cute i don't get the hate)
He's a clown. People hate clowns. That's literally it.

O'Hare is the correct choice.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Turnips are 90.

360k for a full bag.

Would appreciate woods, mainly plain wood.

Any outdoor DIY or furniture to help me get 3 stars would be good.

Closing up for now. Will reopen in an hour or so.

Thanks for all the wood everyone!

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 19, 2020

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

Turnips are 90.

360k for a full bag.

https://turnip.exchange/island/87d2c515

Will leave open until 9 then will reopen later around 10.

Crafted away all my wood, but on my way with a hammock and a beach chair!

Edit: I return home, pockets laden with turnips. Thanks!

Lugubrious fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 19, 2020

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Kiwillian posted:

What I did is dug up a bunch of fruit trees (eating fruit to dig them up wholesale) and then spoke to Isabelle to check, so I could always replant them if need be. Just that shot me from4 to 5. I then dismantled the last thing I made and it dropped to 4. Put maybe half the stuff back elsewhere and was back to 5 again.

You have a lot of decoration all over the place compared to me, so you should be at 5 as far as I'm concerned. :)

If you want to come visit let me know, I'll PM you a code. My island is pretty crap haha

edit: I do have a LOT of flowers though. So maybe that helped. Got the Plant 300 Seeds Nook Mile thing.

Well, I've dug up literally 50+ trees (in 5 tree incremements) and Isabelle still hasn't changed her tune! Going to try and flowerbomb the place.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Chadder is gone??? I tried restarting the game and the campsite just has nobody in it now. I legit didn't mess with the clock or anything so I'm pretty confused.

Whatever though, wasn't going to get rid of Judy. Also my turnips are 91 if you want to come buy.
https://turnip.exchange/island/544e789c

Don't gotta bring anything and can hang out as much as you want, I'm going back to sleep. If you have rose seeds that would be nice but not entirely needed.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Fish and insects can be placed in storage. :aaa:

I've spent this whole time just assuming that it wouldn't work and finally noticed that there's a tab for it.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Someone was asking about minimum trees, i set up 10 hardwood and 10 pine trees and today I counted: 2 furniture drops, 5 wasps and 11 coin drops. So definitely more than 5 coins available as some people were speculating.

And as for the discussion even more pages ago on which things are customizable:
First, and somewhat obviously, if you have the DIY recipe you can check the recipe book on your phone, or at a workbench to see which things have the paintbrush icon in the upper right corner.

BUT, even if you got some item without knowing the recipe, you can check the catalog in the nook stop, and see if it lists a color/style in the lower right, things with no option at all won't have any text there. If it does then it should be customizable (I'm assuming this only applies to things for which a recipe *exists* in game, but having the recipe is not required for customization).

The other non-craftable stuff that's only available as gifts/nook miles/nook shopping are for the most part not customizable, however there are some odd exceptions, like I've seen a fridge come in pink and silver... you can't customize the main color, but you CAN customize what magnets/crap (even custom designs) are displayed on the front door.

A few other things I was somewhat surprised to be able to customize:
- trash bags
- iron frying pan (changes the food in the pan)
- most musical instruments (not ocarina, but for ex the thumb-piano can apply different labels to the can. i like the cat food kitty logo)
- the stone archway, and stone tablet can be normal or mossy
- tire stack has a few different options: mixed painted colors, old/worn looking etc.

peepsalot fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Apr 19, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Haha holy poo poo the skull wall paper glows in the dark.

Not the skull floor though! Some bullshit.

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

glassyalabolas posted:

Turnips are 90.

360k for a full bag.

Thanks bud. Let you a stack of plain wood

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Dodo code: closed
Turnips at 93 - She's hanging out on the beach right of airport

Doesn't look like anything special for sale but...
Mabel has: Hand-knit tank, thread-worn sweater, cuffed pants, floral lace skirt, everyday socks, glass-bottle glasses, headband, farmer overalls and work boots
Nook has: throwback skull radio, globe, ironing board, heart doorplate, orange-wildflower, red-hyacinth, white-hyacinth, white-tulip, white-windflower and yellow-tulips.

Newb island with not much setup but if there's something of use feel free to visit. I'll be on for a while transplanting trees and flowers.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 19, 2020

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Anyone feel like coming over for a visit? Ables is selling a crown, today's hot item is the shell fountain. I have a few extra recipe cards I want to give away.

B5J2L

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So what is the difference between flowers grown from seeds and wild growing ones? I moved and watered some wild roses growing on my cliff tops and they spawned my first hybrids, including a purple rose.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Nessa posted:

So what is the difference between flowers grown from seeds and wild growing ones? I moved and watered some wild roses growing on my cliff tops and they spawned my first hybrids, including a purple rose.

i have one purple rose and its the only flower that I'll goto the mat for

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

Apparently flowers have a full fledged gene system with 3-4 gene pairs per species. Store bought seeds always have the same purebred genes for each color, wild flowers are more random and can have recessive genes.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I'll stick to lilies, they're the only ones that don't need breeding chains.

SterlingSylver
Feb 20, 2007
Turnips are 90 at Wyvern: https://turnip.exchange/island/4cc050c9

EDIT:Hedgehogs have a tuxedo dress and a pleather mask.

Come on in and get your nip fix going. I've got a limit of 3 to keep loading screens down, but feel free to run around
Daisy's hanging out in the southeast!

SterlingSylver fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Apr 19, 2020

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

Apparently flowers have a full fledged gene system with 3-4 gene pairs per species. Store bought seeds always have the same purebred genes for each color, wild flowers are more random and can have recessive genes.

Ahh, that’s neat! Maybe I’ll just keep watering that patch that spawned the purple if it’s a gene thing.

Bulgakov posted:

i have one purple rose and its the only flower that I'll goto the mat for

Oh yeah, I love my purple rose. It’s chilling near two orange ones outside my front door. Peacock butterfly central.

I hope to have a lovely goth garden of purple, orange and black roses someday.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

I got Cookie today, is that a villager that pleases the masses?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wondering if this might be a bad turnip week - a lot of people who started on the first day or so will probably see their Nook's cranny upgrade this week? I haven't done any time travelling and my active resident thing was listing 30 days. I think anyone who got it as soon as they could will see it start tomorrow or Tuesday? Anyone who was a bit slower will still probably see it upgrade this week.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

I hope I get the upgraded shop soon. Getting really sick of seeing that dumb unmodifiable grass next to my nice street.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Dork457 posted:

I got Cookie today, is that a villager that pleases the masses?

Cookie is the nickname one of my villagers gave me so this post was very confusing for a second :shobon:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
going about my day when it hits me that Joan the sow is named after the Dow Jones. Sow Joan.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

glassyalabolas posted:

Turnips are 90.

360k for a full bag.

Five trips later and I'm set with turnips for life

Thanks for hosting!

LastGoodBoy I'll open up later today so we can swap bamboo thingies :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:siren: GET YOUR 90 BELL TURNIPS HERE :siren:

Closed!

You got about 3.5 hours left from this post. You can pick flowers that are not in the fenced off area. The pile by the airport is free for taking.

iospace fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Apr 19, 2020