Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

rear end-penny posted:

More often I look like this:

It's a good look, particularly with that fabulous feline accessory

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

WRONG

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
virtual happy hour with the coworkers is very real

it's almost like my years of video game internet drinking with friends has prepared me for this very moment

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

fabulous feline accessory

She is the best, and my literal favorite. Everyone here has such adorable birds, dogs, cats, lizards, crabs, etc here. I urge everyone to cuddle their babies and tell them that I love them.

Here's our other sweet girl, Danger. Pardon the mess:

I also hear y'all like good mugs, here's one I saw at a mate's house pre-social distancing:

square convention
Dec 31, 2008

Beautiful cats, beautiful cat mug!

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

Welcome to the thread!

However don’t ever leave that cat around me unattended.

What a cutie.
Perfect companion to the "Have you seen this dog?" poster with "I have now" tabs.

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

So a couple of these aren't selfies, and I hope that's ok with the selfie thread g(m)ods, but wasn't really sure where else to share these. My unit spent 2 weeks down in Seattle setting up a hospital in the Century Link Event Center with a unit down from Fort Carson, CO, per Gov. Inslee's request, only to be told through a media release that we weren't needed, which was kinda a hosed up way to find out. Good that we weren't needed though, and we never did see a patient even though we were officially open for a few days. During my time I was chosen to run the ER for the 2 combined units. I normally run ours anyway, but it felt kinda good to get picked to run the combined team. During the time there, I did TV interviews for Frontline and Kiro 7 News, the local CBS affiliate, as well as an interview with some reps from the Army Public Affairs Office for some sort of print article.

Picture of me being interviewed by Frontline. Notice the Army PAO rep making sure I don't say anything dumb.

A picture that showed up on the Seattle Times website. Never noticed anyone sneaking around snapping pics. Second group, me on the left as you look at the picture. This was Sunday, the day we came home, walking back to the hotel to pick up our bags:

And lastly, the view from my hotel room's dirty-rear end window:

Being from Seattle this was something that was pretty close to my heart, so it was a little sad not being able to help anyone from home, but also good that I didn't have the chance to help anyone from home. Anyway, that's my Seattle Treatment Facility story.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I don't know if this is the right thread for it but would anyone want to video chat party? I really want to just hang out and from what I remember you guys are generally sweet and cool.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Chickens have decided that hopping in my lap for pets is a cool and good thing to do, I'm trying to just chill and read tho. At least on my legs they're out of eyeball range.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Sarcopenia posted:

I don't know if this is the right thread for it but would anyone want to video chat party? I really want to just hang out and from what I remember you guys are generally sweet and cool.

Sounds fun! I was kinda wondering about that or just setting up a Discord channel.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
When I took that last pic I didn't get a close-up of the rad face mask a friend of mine made for me. It makes my ears stick out like :catstare:

As for video chats, I'm behind the wheel most of the time, and this is the view from my phone as I'm driving:

so imagine that with wind noise.

I got chins for daaaays.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Post your rig dude!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Attempting cutting my own hair. Work in progress. A little every day.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

LingcodKilla posted:

Attempting cutting my own hair. Work in progress. A little every day.

I have been cutting my own hair for years which is why I do not post selfie

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

CannonFodder posted:

When I took that last pic I didn't get a close-up of the rad face mask a friend of mine made for me. It makes my ears stick out like :catstare:

As for video chats, I'm behind the wheel most of the time, and this is the view from my phone as I'm driving:

so imagine that with wind noise.

I got chins for daaaays.

We doin mask pics now? My mask is not as pretty...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dixville posted:

We doin mask pics now? My mask is not as pretty...

Your mask is functional and appropriate and you have a sweet kitty tattoo peeking out of your sleeve.

Stay safe. Stay strong.

Also please don't destroy me with your laser eyes :ohdear:

edit:

greazeball posted:

Post your rig dude!

This is an old picture where I still have my goatee. The other dude is my dad. The rig is Sweet Pea but we really called her Sweepy.

I'll take a new one later this week. Of Blinky.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 18:03 on Apr 20, 2020

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Whoa CF you and your dad look eerily similar

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

COOL CORN posted:

Whoa CF you and your dad look eerily similar
He's the face, I'm the muscle.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

This is an old picture where I still have my goatee. The other dude is my dad. The rig is Sweet Pea but we really called her Sweepy.

I'll take a new one later this week. Of Blinky.

Impressive! My BIL was a driver for a while but he was always in a company truck as far as I know (he's an ex-BIL now). Stay safe out there!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Little Dude wants everyone to know that taking time for yourself is okay.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Wearing makeup and not going out. Like every other Friday night of my life, quarantine or not.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Gone and done it. Gave myself a covid-19 haircut 😬

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug
Looks great! You did a fine job, no gouges or tufts, plus your beard is well groomed. I look like a cave dweller right now.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Out on the beach, doing my bird surveys and checking previous areas of interest.

Things are taking a wild tern here, though :suicide:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
What kind of questions are on a survey for birds?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

beanieson posted:

Do you like beans?
Do you like George Wendt?
Do you like George Wendt eating beans?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

beanieson posted:

Normal bird things. They don’t give a gently caress about the pandemic, unsurprisingly :v:

https://www.theonion.com/department-of-interior-announces-birds-will-continue-go-1842528085

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

Work from home means your telling me I don't have to shave. It's implied.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
my new shirt arrived today!

i wish i had not left my hair clippers with my ex in texas. i really need to get rid of some this fuckin hair, it's getting wild

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
^^^^moomin rocks and you rock

greazeball posted:

Impressive! My BIL was a driver for a while but he was always in a company truck as far as I know (he's an ex-BIL now). Stay safe out there!

Dutch angle like woah

Here's Blinky. 50k miles and has been in the shop twice. The windshield leaked (and is leaking again after driving through two tornado warnings) and the oil pan was installed incorrectly and had to be replaced.

Edit: I'm in a company truck as far as FedEx Ground goes. I drive for a Contracted Service Provider who owns the trucks and does all of the business side. Me drive truck go vroom.

CannonFodder has a new favorite as of 18:27 on Apr 28, 2020

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Icon Of Sin posted:

Normal bird things. They don’t give a gently caress about the pandemic, unsurprisingly :v:

https://www.theonion.com/department-of-interior-announces-birds-will-continue-go-1842528085
Can confirm. I see birds outside every day. Every day. No masks, no nothing. And the inside birds are even worse! They don't respect six feet of personal space at all.

RandomZero posted:

Work from home means your telling me I don't have to shave. It's implied.

RandZ going hog wild.

InediblePenguin posted:

i wish i had not left my hair clippers with my ex in texas. i really need to get rid of some this fuckin hair, it's getting wild
While I am sure it is much less manageable in person it looks great in photos!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Can confirm. I see birds outside every day. Every day. No masks, no nothing. And the inside birds are even worse! They don't respect six feet of personal space at all.
Do they perch on the top of your head, or do they go for the shoulder?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

They are shoulder birds, if they try to ride around on my head their little feet get tangled in my hair and then no one is happy

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

InediblePenguin that is a super cool shirt!
Continuing the mask madness:

Have a super chill day selfie goons.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Another day at the shitposting work-from-home office

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm on vacation.

Also, I'm lit.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

InediblePenguin posted:

Get PM's, I can mail/run over some.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

CannonFodder posted:

I'm on vacation.

Also, I'm lit.

Hello fellow lit goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

InediblePenguin posted:

I strongly identify with the symbolism present on your shirt.