Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Fritz the Horse posted:

What do those scare quotes even mean
He doesn't know how to or when to loving capitalize. Why are you surprised that he doesn't know how to use quotes?

So to answer your question: Because he's a loving idiot who's borderline illiterate, with dried turds for brains and an incuriosity that's well known by this point.

e: Fashionable Cat Tax!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Minenfeld! posted:

It also may be that people don't want to stay at home when they lost their job and there's nothing to support them so they want out to work so their family can live.
Too long for a sign, how about :

NEAD
A
hAIRCUT
#trump20020

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/neeratanden/status/1251662708874903554

:sigh:

i loving hate this so much :smith:

from "leftists" too!!!!

https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1251899302600982529

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sure is fortunate that at least there isn't a prisoner's dilemma sort of situation where you can all collectively choose to protect each other through personal inconvenience and sacrifice, or you can individually choose to break ranks in order to grab some advantage for yourself and your family even if it's at the expense of the entire population whom your actions end up killing

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

SLOSifl posted:

Too long for a sign, how about :

NEAD
A
hAIRCUT
#trump20020

It'd be easier if we just had a functioning government that could you know...support people without jobs.

But hey.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
After this election, if Biden or whoever is the Democratic candidate wins, there needs to be a de-Foxification of the US. Like how they rooted out the Nazi's. You can't make any decent progress in the years ahead if you've still got these troglodytes dragging you down.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

How do you convert an approval rating into a vote?

I feel like I’ll never trust a poll again in my life.
He just colored the map as if the approval rating in the state right now was the vote in November. It's not supposed to be a prediction of the actual results in November, it's just a good way of showing exactly how underwater Trump's approval rating is.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

The Dark Project posted:

After this election, if Biden or whoever is the Democratic candidate wins, there needs to be a de-Foxification of the US. Like how they rooted out the Nazi's. You can't make any decent progress in the years ahead if you've still got these troglodytes dragging you down.

I have some bad news about how effective denazification was in both East and West Germany.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
Well ok, yeah.

Do it, but this time do it prop-... Eh gently caress it. Won't likely happen.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The government can't crack down on Fox News because of the First Amendment. But they're definitely losing the culture and demographic war, no one under 65 will ever watch them. Even the young people who would agree with them are instead online freebasing the rhetoric that would make all their remaining advertisers pull out if anyone said it on the air.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

I’m not going back through that again to be sure, but I think I heard “CHINA” ~10 times.

Kale
May 14, 2010

....except if i want an abortion then its the government or courts choice. Got it i think.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Minenfeld! posted:

It'd be easier if we just had a functioning government that could you know...support people without jobs.

But hey.

And that's the problem. It's easy to tell people to stay indoors as long as they're not being evicted or slowly starved to death by lack of food/money/both. Obviously these protestors are not these people but there's going to be an ugly breaking point here very soon if we don't remove our heads from our asses at the federal level and start loving feeding and supporting people. Opening back up for lack of other options is a lack of leadership and it needs to be called out as such. It solves one problem while making another one, one with more impact to those around you, worse.

haveblue posted:

The government can't crack down on Fox News because of the First Amendment. But they're definitely losing the culture and demographic war, no one under 65 will ever watch them. Even the young people who would agree with them are instead online freebasing the rhetoric that would make all their remaining advertisers pull out if anyone said it on the air.

Says a lot about where we are that Fox News has been passed over and now stands closer to the middle of issues when compared with popular online stuff and OANN. None of it good.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

The Dark Project posted:

I mean, how? You have the legal freedom to lie your rear end off in this country I don't know how exactly you De-Fox. It's really not going to help that if a Dem wins in November they will be inheriting massive recession just like the last Dem did. This will hit the red states worst, since a lot of them weren't doing too well to begin with. This will only cause those people to retreat even further into their Fox news wormholes.

Capri Sunrise
May 16, 2008

Elephants are mammals of the family Elephantidae and the largest existing land animals. Three species are currently recognised: the African bush elephant, the African forest elephant, and the Asian elephant.

Lol Texas is not voting blue against the closest thing to a 2nd coming for Republicans

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Nancy Pelosi claims she is a "speaker", yet she has neither a driver or a cone, so what is she really?

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

punk rebel ecks posted:

I keep seeing libertarians in my facebook feed posting how the lockdown has turned America into Nazi Germany and we must liberate ourselves for our freedoms to die from the coronavirus.

I was listening to NPR and they were interviewing one of the women from the protest. She said if it’s lockdown versus getting a three day virus I vote for the virus! and everybody around her laughed.

Yeah lady everybody’s freaking out over a three day virus. You know I was semi-sympathetic to the anti-lockdown argument just because I know how much people in some service jobs are suffering, but seeing the eat the poo poo straight from your own rear end in a top hat level stupidity of these muppets makes me want to extend the lockdown purely out of spite

USPOL Spring: I vote for the virus!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/ArthurSchwartz/status/1251884320941375488

he keeps retweeting dumb poo poo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The Democrats have neither the means nor the motivation to even try to dismantle the right-wing propaganda apparatus.

Not least because the most viable methods of doing so would also involve dismantling their own propaganda apparatus.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Wilhelm posted:

Lol Texas is not voting blue against the closest thing to a 2nd coming for Republicans

I don't think it was intended to claim that's how people are actually going to vote, just a way of illustrating how unpopular he is.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Speaking selfishly, as an Arab Muslim I am kinda glad that the psychotic american racism and xenophobia and punching bag mentality is finally being redirected To someone else. finally we can boil alive in the upcoming climate catastrophe in peace.

Although I’m genuinely concerned how Americans are going to react when their next chosen enemy can actually fight back like China can.

Although lol living under the shadow of two fascism backers and promoters like China and America is gonna suck so much.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The Democrats have neither the means nor the motivation to even try to dismantle the right-wing propaganda apparatus.

Not least because the most viable methods of doing so would also involve dismantling their own propaganda apparatus.

If I had like Bloomberg money or whatever I'd purchase Fox News and then just completely shut it down because while there's no "one weird trick" to something like this that would have still been way more of a help than his presidential campaign.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/TomArnold/status/1251926363633627139

https://twitter.com/MikeDrucker/status/1251901913592889347

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 19, 2020

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Hell yeah.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That’s a solid goddamn burn. :lol:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

If I had like Bloomberg money or whatever I'd purchase Fox News and then just completely shut it down because while there's no "one weird trick" to something like this that would have still been way more of a help than his presidential campaign.

There’s a reason why when Disney bought out 20th Century Fox the one thing Rupert Murdoch and News Corp fought tooth and nail to save from the deal was Fox News (and Fox Business). Rup knew that if Disney got their hands on Fox News, they were going to disassemble it down to its last molecule, and if they deigned to rebuild it, it would be unrecognizable from what it was before the buyout.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Apr 19, 2020

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

My favorite part of this ad is Biden yelling. Like, does he think that he can counter the senility claims by screaming, or is that just a normal thing he does? He’d do it in the debates too. Someone would ask a totally reasonable question, and he’d shout half coherent platitudes at them.

It reminds me of an old Turing test contest, where the program that fooled the most participants was just insanely belligerent. It would insult people, call them names, and taunt them.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It reminds me of an old Turing test contest, where the program that fooled the most participants was just insanely belligerent. It would insult people, call them names, and taunt them.

And it won the election in 2016!

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The most angering thing is that there are a lot of people that will take this at face value.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.wane.com/news/indiana/liberate-indiana-dozens-gather-at-governors-mansion-to-protest-virus-lockdown/

My state. :wtc:

Signs that say "better DEAD than RED" and misspelling "governor"...

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

haveblue posted:

People have been saying that for years but if anything Fox is getting even more pervasive in our society, especially as the democrats are beginning to embrace yellow peril scaremongering

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

This is why democrats lose. Pelosi was wrong. She could have given a speech about discrimination without walking around town. It was a mistake. Own up to it. Not entirely her fault, but in retrospect a mistake. But then people, even shitheads like Wallace, can call them out and compare them to Trump's poo poo show and they have nothing to really retort it.

Same like when Trump attacked Hillary over her support for the Iraq war and it's like, welp what can she say. She did. For political reasons.

nine-gear crow posted:

There’s a reason why when Disney bought out 20th Century Fox the one thing Rupert Murdoch and News Corp fought tooth and nail to save from the deal was Fox News (and Fox Business). Rup knew that if Disney got their hands on Fox News, they were going to disassemble it down to its last molecule, and if they deigned to rebuild it, it would be unrecognizable from what it was before the buyout.

My understanding is Disney didn't want it.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Apr 19, 2020

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1251938432676495365

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Okay, I'll bite: what means do the Dems have at their disposal to dismantle right-wing media?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
All glory to the King of Ventilators!!

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

This'll keep me warm when the heating goes out.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

All the morons on CNN's broken Cisco webcam poo poo do this. It always looks so pathetic and opportunist. Like, you're going to get your loving plug, calm down and have some self-respect.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Syfe posted:

Then people will eventually learn by going out, getting the rona, giving it to their family and having somebody die.

Because the two options are to try and not get/give it and not. And if people choose not, they will learn by natural consequences. Sadly your federal government wants people to die, and will ensure that by withholding help in any real measurable fashion and just straight up wanting people to work so that money flows to the richman's coffers again, even if children die.

I find it absolutely disheartening that rich people view us poor people dying as a cost of doing business in order to keep their businesses afloat. Its not surprising. Just disheartening.

Wouldn't it be great if we had an actual center left party that actually worked for the people that might do something for the people that are losing their jobs? UBI? no. SALT exemptions.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
watching the democratic establishment completely concede the idea that anything can or will ever be improved, in favor of taking the failed muellergate bullshit and find/replacing "russia" with "china"

loving magnificent

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/natalie_allison/status/1251947787849261056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Deptfordx posted:

Nah, 'You are what you pretend to be' and all that. The grifters always end up as true believers. Your brain doesn't have an internal sanity checker. You start saying that poo poo, you start thinking that poo poo, you start thinking that poo poo you start believing it. Anne Coulter was originally a cynical grifter and look what she became.

can confirm

I knew her back in the day, and while of course she was extremely conservative, she also would admit in private that most of it was an act to get on that conservative think tank money train. Later she admitted that she got even more extreme to fleece the conserva-rubes out of their dough. The last time I ever spoke to her (decades ago) she said: "I'm a polemicist because that's where the money is."

ugh