Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

looks like Alice and Leslie both get cancelled then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
whatever shits boring who cares

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I am a lesser human for reading this rock-bottom level drama

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I thought it was fairly amusing, being that it involved the kind of people obsessed with using Star Wars analysis to scry the mind of their enemy

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

This is such an inscrutable argument started by two c-list podcasters, no one could actually give a poo poo about the substance of the disagreement or the characters involved. So clearly the only way to choose a side is based on which you support more, trans people or black people

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That part is funny too

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

going back in time to bully george lucas out of making star wars, please send good vibes, hope this works

coathat
May 21, 2007

Gripweed posted:

This is such an inscrutable argument started by two c-list podcasters, no one could actually give a poo poo about the substance of the disagreement or the characters involved. So clearly the only way to choose a side is based on which you support more, trans people or black people

You mean white women or black people

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Honestly a lot of white people magical thinking going on in these tweets which might give Leslie the edge in this flame war

Leslie has a shitload of contrarian takes which is great for content, he's also right on them more than half the time which is even better. And it's really obvious people get riled up about him, go to call him a privileged white guy brooklynite then freeze up and don't know what to do since he's black , but are also incapable of backing down and box themselves in

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

coathat posted:

You mean white women or black people

The United Kingdom or the United States

mastershakeman posted:

Leslie has a shitload of contrarian takes which is great for content, he's also right on them more than half the time which is even better. And it's really obvious people get riled up about him, go to call him a privileged white guy brooklynite then freeze up and don't know what to do since he's black , but are also incapable of backing down and box themselves in

I've said this once, but his superpower is that he is the third of his line and it continues to trap low information people in endless pits of quicksand

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao why does adam have to be in las vegas "for a period"??

they keep alluding to something

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

T-man posted:

Maybe cis people shouldn't decide what is and isn't transphobia :thunk:

Maybe you shouldn't explain vibes to a vibes expert.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

But doctor I am a vibes expert!!

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

bring back old gbs posted:

His mother is likely dying of breast cancer.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Hell yeah another sunday church service Trillbilly's episode.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

leslie deciding that the transphobic vibes posters only said that because they secretly want to call him the n-word feels like he lost the plot a bit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Varinn posted:

leslie deciding that the transphobic vibes posters only said that because they secretly want to call him the n-word feels like he lost the plot a bit

It feels to me like both sides kind of ramped it up awfully quickly. But I'm a cis het male honky, so there is no way I'm getting involved in their argument.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Let’s join the conversation

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

Dmitri-9 posted:

its actually wild nick keeps raggin on adam for that. i get that its a bit but the guys mom is real sick and cumtown fans are piles of poo poo.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

bring back old gbs posted:

His mom is clearly on death's door and they're trying to be tactful/keep the insane fans away.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Probably shouldn’t have talked about it so much the past two years then

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ChipNDip posted:

His mom is clearly on death's door and they're trying to be tactful/keep the insane fans away.

ptkfvk posted:

its actually wild nick keeps raggin on adam for that. i get that its a bit but the guys mom is real sick and cumtown fans are piles of poo poo.

Dmitri-9 posted:

ohh ok.. for whatever reason i thought adams mom died like a year+ ago

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

cum town fans being pieces of poo poo???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

ptkfvk posted:

yeah, it's weird that one friend is showing concern for another, you don't find that poo poo in the cumtown subreddit

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
someone made a "nick talking about adam's dying mom" compilation on youtube. nick contacted the guy and asked them to take it down (and they did)

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Probably shouldn’t have talked about it so much the past two years then

how dare the cum joke podcasters not predict the future and avoid attracting a fanbase that enjoys cum joke Kyle humor

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Dick Cheney posted:

someone made a "nick talking about adam's dying mom" compilation on youtube. nick contacted the guy and asked them to take it down (and they did)

Lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
alice sucks and made donoteat's podcast horribly unfunny and incorrect on a bunch of things. leslie has weird rear end takes on media but is otherwise Correct and cool and good. lol if you don't enjoy dumb drama

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Varinn posted:

it's his go-to for every one of his detractors, it's exhausting. he's literally incapable of accepting criticism or any inward reflection because if he's not wondering aloud "huh I wonder why I'm being singled out" (it's because he's black), he's daring people to just get it over with and call him the n-word.

Alice is completely right that Leslie is a bully, but the really funny part is these people have supposedly had each other blocked for three years. and no I don't particularly like her either, but it is good how just the existence of an autistic white British trans Muslim drives some people insane including Leslie's nerd creep fans

Autism Sneaks has issued a correction as of 21:59 on Apr 19, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

You have to respect Star Wars, it means a lot to people for some reason

yeah folk go mad for it, i am just here with my ray bans and martini like, "nerds!"

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I personally don’t think Leslie is racebaiting

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I see another failure of machine learning :rolleye:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/bibolshevik/status/1251881715863347202

lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

yeah hes good, got bored of his podcast but he seemed alright

V. Illych L. posted:

i have no idea what's going on atm

StashAugustine posted:

c-tier podcast drama

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Lady Militant posted:

h-how would it even be possible to hate star wars transphobically? there aren't any trans characters!

I used to think the sequel trilogy was a landmark of modern cinema, then on rewatch I noticed that Rey pops a massive boner while she's watching Luke Skywalker milk the space manatee thing. Now I hate it because I do not believe trans women should be allowed to go to space

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

im siding with leslie because he doesnt have a white middle class british accent

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

accents don't determine class

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
leslie could squash his enemies like a bug by falling on them, can't beat that

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Doc Hawkins posted:

accents don't determine class

So who's richer between the two?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

people whos entire twitter presence are "I just have opinions and mysteriously people just constantly get mad at me about them, I have no idea why, but I guess I must fight every single one of them" are fuckin exhausting