Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chichevache posted:

Absolutely.

My interpretation of the events in QCS were that not only are implicit and explicit threats permabannable, but wishing death upon people was not ok in the forum as well- though not carrying a guaranteed perma.

If McNally thinks it is acceptable to make posts hoping people die, then that's cool. I wouldn't mind some guidelines for what constitutes:

, so that it doesn't result in bullshit probes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'd read it more as, "Don't call for death for people, even if they're awful," but it's okay to hope they get their dicks caught in a mouse trap. Death is a little extreme, but general ill will is okay.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Leavemywife posted:

I'd read it more as, "Don't call for death for people, even if they're awful," but it's okay to hope they get their dicks caught in a mouse trap. Death is a little extreme, but general ill will is okay.

You don't pull half a weed.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
“Can’t go to Applebee’s so I don’t die or kill someone else” is the closest thing to actual oppression they experience and this is how they act. The rest of the world can quietly do mostly the right thing and these paste eating dipshits can’t stay home in relative luxury. gently caress all these people. The people I have sympathy for are the people they will get killed.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

pantslesswithwolves posted:

The thing that really strikes me of these various #liberate protests is how I guaran-loving-tee you that none of the participants have experienced state repression at any point in their lives. I can’t help but think of these dweebs open carrying their ARs (why exactly?) and juxtaposing that with SWAT cops in multicam pointing their rifles at BLM protesters in Ferguson.

Threat of violent insurrection if they don't get to spread plague to Olive Garden employees.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
What gets me is that they want to do what they want but also to somehow force everyone else to also participate in their special brand of stupid. Not bad enough I wander around in my merry band of window lickers but I need to force retail staff to interact with my stupid rear end for minimum wage!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

What's your point?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
we require a CANFORGEN or whatever the u.s. equivalent to force wide general orders are

Woofer
Mar 2, 2020

A perfect demonstration of what I’ve been saying for years about cats vs dogs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
yeah my cats are seriously irked that they cant spend every day napping on top of the fridge or whatever poo poo they shouldnt be doing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My cats are super excited that I'm always at home for them to sleep on or tap for food on demand

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

M_Gargantua posted:

Reporting a post saying we should be spraying protestors with chemicals is hardly snitching. Turn off av's if you read that much personal anger into individuals

Honestly I just assumed chice was being chice. Not whatever brokebrained goon killer to be posted on a dying comedy forum

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My animals seem to prefer me being home all the time. Frank gets longer walks and Beans always has a lap to sit on.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/NEJM/status/1251571193984847874

lmao at hospitals having to do Fast & Furious style heists to get their PPEs to their destination before the feds catch them and detain them

brains
May 12, 2004

Eej posted:

https://twitter.com/NEJM/status/1251571193984847874

lmao at hospitals having to do Fast & Furious style heists to get their PPEs to their destination before the feds catch them and detain them

this reads like an account of some prohibition-era bootleggers.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/Besusdfs/status/1251615493116526592

lol, America's finest right here.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/SheWhoRises/status/1251591265893912579?s=20

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/johnnyxochoa/status/1251599018393829379

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chichevache posted:

What's your point?

It's a portrait in profile

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

piL posted:

Soapies are not authorized under social distancing.

I dont want to live in a world without soapies...

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-18/france-investigates-coronavirus-cluster-on-charles-de-gaulle/12161156

quote:

France investigating how 1,000 sailors became infected with coronavirus aboard Charles de Gaulle aircraft carrier

I wonder if any other US carrier will share the fate of the Roosevelt or de Gaulle. Of course, the French just ordered their carrier to port in Toulouse to sort things out without their skipper sacrificing his career to force the issue.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I'd never really paid that much attention to FOX News until my company went to work-from-home and temporarily went back to my family's house to help with their business, as I'd be more useful there than sitting in my place alone. I already knew Hannity was some sort of Goebbels to Trump's Hitler, but Jesus loving Christ, all the talk shows on that network are trash.

-Four of The Five strike me as quasi-decent human beings, but:
-Greg Gutfeld strikes me as a punchable wannabe Letterman/Leno who failed miserably and is overcompensating for being both a poo poo host and person by being a smug, lame attempt at a shock jock and mouthpiece for the right. If he ever loses his show, he's going to be livestreaming from some bunker somewhere. If a Democrat came up with a cure for cancer, his response would be "Well, why didn't they do it SOONER?".
-If Trump said babies needed to be sacrificed to preserve the food supply, Jeanine Pirro would find it to be a wonderful solution.

I'm surprised Trevor Noah hasn't come up with some sketch where they hired somebody to parody FOX News in the style of the North Korean newscasts. All they'd need to do would be to rehire Glenn Beck (who, when I was a dumbass college student, felt like would try to lead some grassroots coup) and I'd be totally on board with some sort of nuclear missile training accident being dropped on their studios.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Interesting post about the ReOpen movement.
https://www.reddit.com/r/maryland/comments/g3niq3/comment/fnstpyl?context=3

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

That poo poo is astro-turfed to hell and back, twice on Sundays. It's political advertising and smear campaigns built on the backs of soon-to-be-dead idiots desperate to pretend they have control over something like a global pandemic.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
It's the same playbook as the Tea Party

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Unless the goal is foment more infections and unrest I have no idea what the goal here is. That probably is the goal, though.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

maffew buildings posted:

Unless the goal is foment more infections and unrest I have no idea what the goal here is. That probably is the goal, though.

Let the capitalist class rake in the money again by opening businesses and making Number Go Up. Capitalist class remains isolated in their mansions with gold plated health care, working class dies but Number Went Up.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm just so baffled why the gently caress these whitebread idiots are getting out there on behalf of the capitalist masters, i guess they're just that loving tribalist :/

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

I'm just so baffled why the gently caress these whitebread idiots are getting out there on behalf of the capitalist masters, i guess they're just that loving tribalist :/

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

maffew buildings posted:

gently caress you got mine, lack of critical thinking, distilling a complex problem into emotional snippets, group think, etc., etc.

r/LeopardsAteMyFace is a gold mine right now.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

maffew buildings posted:

It's a very simple mindset to understand: the "don't loving tell me what to do" mindset. No critical thinking involved, just "Don't tell me what to do" for the stuff they don't like or don't feel like following, and for everything else it's "I wouldn't/would do that anyway".

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Giving a gently caress about the consequences your actions have on others is communism

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

It's a very simple mindset to understand: the "don't loving tell me what to do" mindset. No critical thinking involved, just "Don't tell me what to do" for the stuff they don't like or don't feel like following, and for everything else it's "I wouldn't/would do that anyway".

It's also that mentality that if you tell them what to do, they'll do the opposite just out of spite.

"Bacon may cause cancer, you should eat less of it."
"gently caress YOU YOU GODDAMN COMMIE THIS ARE COUNTRY MURICA! *stuffs face with fried bacon*"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

TCD posted:

r/LeopardsAteMyFace is a gold mine right now.

That’s for that.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
This kind of mentality exists everywhere but the real problem is how prevalent and weaponized it is in America. South Korea had "you can't quarantine me!!" protests at the start but then everyone fell in line afterwards. Possibly because they rolled out testing and contract tracing extremely fast so they never actually had to do a full lockdown.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
LingCod, come get your boy.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Culp and Brumbles? Are they running for the abbacy of Redwall?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Actually I completely disagree with the total ban on fishing. It’s not a group activity for everyone and I don’t interact with anyone when launch my kayak and traps.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Fallom posted:

Culp and Brumbles? Are they running for the abbacy of Redwall?

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

LingcodKilla posted:

Actually I completely disagree with the total ban on fishing. It’s not a group activity for everyone and I don’t interact with anyone when launch my kayak and traps.

If you're by yourself in the middle of a lake, fishing on a boat, that seems pretty distanced to me.