Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, Solomon David made it clear that just for being in the round they're gonna get status and wealth in the Celestial Empire, and don't have to do anything to earn that. But if anyone would like to take a swing at him to try for the grand prize, they are free to do so...

edit: Just out of curiosity, does anyone else hear Keith David's voice when reading Solomon's dialogue?

Kevin Michael Richardson for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I can hear the unreal announcer progression in my head. Double kill, triple kill!, MEGA Kill Mega kill, MONSTER ki- MONSTER- ki - Mon - Mon- repeat a hundred or so times.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Josef bugman posted:

I am bad at predicting things, but do you think when he starts doing magic time Bullshit and it, say, doesn't work he will have a breakdown then or afterwards when he has been cut?

Dio when Jotaro starts moving

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
So for the people that sat down and watched it was like being in the front row at Seaworld.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Would there be branded umbrellas for this sort of thing, or is the tidal wave of gore sort of the point?

E. Revenant
Aug 26, 2002

If the abyss gazes long into you then stare right back;
make it blink.
We haven't seen the reactions yet. He could have given everyone, EVERYONE!, a commemorative umbrella before putting on the rings.

Vigilent Gaze got two.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

I'm now officially a Salmon Dave fangirl.

Are you saying that Diamond is... Unbreakable?

amusedly enough, diamond is next to impossible to scratch but quite (relatively) trivial to break via shattering! :eng101:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Maybe this ending to the tournament is so standard that every seat has a folded umbrella underneath it. :v:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
SD will either be eternally inert and unchanging or shatter utterly

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

A big flaming stink posted:

amusedly enough, diamond is next to impossible to scratch but quite (relatively) trivial to break via shattering! :eng101:

Also Josuke’s powers reflect far more emotional maturity than Solomon David’s can’t-scratch-me pose. Josuke knows things get hosed up, he just also knows they can be put back together again as long as nobody’s dead.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

hey girl you up posted:

In my head, the halo is gone because to him, this "eviscerating all challengers in a moment frozen in time thing" is just so. loving. boring.

Whereas posing afterwards is full-halo-expression the absolute best moment of his year

I'm reading through the chapter and I've just noticed that the other Ki Rata monks aren't particularly hench, and now I'm convinced that Ki Rata is actually pretty poo poo exercise because it's all transcendental metaphysical breathing bullshit and Solomon David is just really unnecessarily into bodybuilding. Just contantly ripping 10,000kg bicep curls in his throne room because what's the point in being the most powerful martial artist in the cosmos if you don't look good in a speedo

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/king-of-swords-4-43/

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
They are very good at Ki Rata and very bad at knowing what betrayal looks like.

However, I wonder if this is what will undo Salami Dave as well. He is so used to being the biggest fish that something very unexpected happening means he is completely thrown off.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Solomon has a slim but fit body type in his first appearance when Cio and White Chain are explaining the demiurges, I guess Salmon Dave decides to juice up since the end of the universal wsr.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
"You thought it was Solomon, but it was really I! Dio!"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Out of the Demiurges which one would be considered the least 'evil'?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Grouchio posted:

Maya

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Gog Agog

The_Final_Stand
Nov 2, 2013

So cute and cuddly

Grouchio posted:

Jadis would be my call, by virtue of having not done anything since looking at the shape of the Universe and getting herself entombed in a glass block.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The_Final_Stand posted:

Jadis would be my call, by virtue of having not done anything since looking at the shape of the Universe and getting herself entombed in a glass block.

We don't know how nasty she was before though. She might have a lot of built up evil to coast on for a few eons of suspended animation

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

sirtommygunn posted:

Pretty sure the last panel is all that anyone else saw.

Solomon takes a breath, assumes the front double biceps pose, flexes, and everyone loving explodes.

Welcome to the gun show, he whispers

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Grouchio posted:

Probably Solomon. People in his kingdom have the highest standard of living, according to Operant. Sure, they live extremely controlled and regulated lives, but they are safe, secure, and have their needs met.

The alternatives are death, slavery, or chaos.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mr. Lobe posted:

Probably Solomon. People in his kingdom have the highest standard of living, according to Operant. Sure, they live extremely controlled and regulated lives, but they are safe, secure, and have their needs met.

The alternatives are death, slavery, or chaos.
Hell, "give up my freedom for security" is a choice that some people might actually willingly make in this crazy hyperlethal kung-fu universe.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

PMush Perfect posted:

Hell, "give up my freedom for security" is a choice that some people might actually willingly make in this crazy hyperlethal kung-fu universe.

And soon in real life too.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What was Jadis's empire supposed to be like?

(also I don't trust anyone named after the tyrant who unleashed the Deplorable Word on her home dimension)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jesus loving christ

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Angry Lobster posted:

And soon in real life too.
Too real. :eng99:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Phy posted:

What was Jadis's empire supposed to be like?

(also I don't trust anyone named after the tyrant who unleashed the Deplorable Word on her home dimension)

A theocracy built around the cult of her personal interpreters. They don't seem like very nice people.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Mr. Lobe posted:

A theocracy built around the cult of her personal interpreters. They don't seem like very nice people.

And there's a good chance they don't interpret everything she shows them 100% correctly. As established at the end of Book 1.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PMush Perfect posted:

If benevolent dictators were a thing that actually existed and endured through generations, autocratic monarchy would probably have never been rendered obsolete by liberal democracy. I'm sure between propaganda and his legitimate merits, he is probably fairly popular.

Of course, autocratic monarchy would also have never been rendered obsolete if monarchs were superwizard kung fu demigods, either.

If there's anything I don't like about k6bd, it's that it's hard to imagine communism happening in a world with great man metaphysics

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

oh look, hero puree all over the whole arena

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

Would this be the worst-smelling place we've seen so far after a few hours or do you think we've been shown a smellier location?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

you just have to have a communist evangalizing kung fu sect that has a good intake process.

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~
Ok, now is White Chain and/or Allison still dumb enough to fight him?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The Halogens posted:

Would this be the worst-smelling place we've seen so far after a few hours or do you think we've been shown a smellier location?

I bet Incubus's court smells pretty foul.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

voting third party posted:

Ok, now is White Chain and/or Allison still dumb enough to fight him?

Absolutely. White Chain is going to be even more committed after this display. She's been looking for a way out and dying in a fight is the only way she knows how.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

"Mama didn't raise no quitter, but she did raise a fool, and perhaps that's worse" -White Chain 82 moments before becoming White Chain 83

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Solomon’s rule is so hilariously legalist that it makes the state of Qin look like Gay Space Automated Luxury Communism. His response to a woman sleeping with one of his officers involves executing the officer and sentencing her to at least a decade in a work camp.

Notably, Qin collapsed under its second ruler, and the rebellion is said to have started when a couple of mail carriers were late, and realized that since the punishment for late mail was execution and the punishment for rebellion was also execution.

I don’t think Solomon being a somewhat responsible and paternalistic ruler means he’s untouchable - it’s the absolute terror of his untouchable power as a killer that underwrites his sovereignty. So, if his divine violence gets turned aside and he gets scratched... I imagine that might make his empire a tad less stable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Oh yeah, the lynchpin of his entire operation is about to get yanked out, hard. Perhaps by a plucky angel, or her wayward ward, or something else absurd and wholly unpredictable from what we know now

You don't set up a house of cards like his in a story like this and expect it to remain intact