Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

does anyone have any updated modelling or papers about what the renewed anticipated death rate is, globally? i can find some for the us but not for the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

but my house will collapse if i can't get a new coat of load-bearing paint on it

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?
^^^^^

Yeah, nobody can do anything productive for 2+ years. Very reasonable because if big stores can sell paint, that will spread the virus to millions (and with 50+% asymptomatic rate, lol). Just watch Netflix, order some takeout, just chill for 2, 3, 5, years, you won't hardly notice.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

unlikely it will be nearly that long. worst case is probably a year.

People ITT are arguing far, far longer.

And they still won't argue what is acceptably:

essential

what phases are

when phases can be enacted

Nobody is saying that we need to send "everybody back to work" or put people on loving cruises ASAP. The argument is that hey, maybe people can visit their friends without dumb libs throwing a poo poo fit or you can buy things other than bare minimum nutrient gruel arbritarily at random buildings.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

eric ciaramella posted:

be careful Shengji or there will be a qcs thread about this

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

apatheticman posted:

Really wants to buy seeds

Sneeds feed and seed
formerly Kips

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Every big box home improvement store I have been to sells the seeds in the main part of the store, not the garden center.

You can also just call up the store and buy it over the phone, and do a curbside pickup.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lmao the president literally just said you cant buy paint or seeds during his press conference

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

George H.W. oval office posted:

lmao the president literally just said you cant buy paint or seeds during his press conference

MR PRESIDENT STOP READING THIS THREAD, ALSO YOU HAVE A TINY WEINER

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
They want the experience of touching the seeds, sniffin them a lil. Checking out the lady down the isle who is buying tomatoes. Doesn't that woman know that its a horrible time of year to try that?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ChipNDip posted:

Nobody is saying that we need to send "everybody back to work" or put people on loving cruises ASAP. The argument is that hey, maybe people can visit their friends without dumb libs throwing a poo poo fit or you can buy things other than bare minimum nutrient gruel arbritarily at random buildings.

yes, the less people physically interact with each other, the less this disease spreads, the less people die, the quicker it is contained and ends, and the quicker you can go back to buying seeds in bulk. unnecessary social interaction is exactly what should be forbidden until it is over.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
give me
seeds and paint
or

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BeefThief posted:

I'm not white, not over 50 and not Hawaiian but I'm gonna keep wearing Hawaiian shirts cuz they're fun

i like paisley better myself

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'm still frankly shocked about how stupid this is

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yes, the less people physically interact with each other, the less this disease spreads, the less people die, the quicker it is contained and ends, and the quicker you can go back to buying seeds in bulk. unnecessary social interaction is exactly what should be forbidden until it is over.

have you stopped to consider maslow's heirarchy of needs

not sure i remember all the details, but i'm pretty sure hanging with the dudes and buying tons of seeds and paint were near the top

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1251971886357118978
https://mobile.twitter.com/JoshuaPotash/status/1251984220953681923
https://mobile.twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1251996831237595136
https://mobile.twitter.com/Erika3Cervantes/status/1251990428930306048
https://mobile.twitter.com/denverpost/status/1251979696432205824

Also PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN

https://mobile.twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1251975851090083847

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

What is "unnecessary social interaction"? How is curbside delivery siginifcantly different from people in stores with limited occupanacy, wearing masks or being allowed to socialize outside of their ~household~

How do you manage that if this disease can't end until a vaccine is developed, which may be never as many in this thread have argued? What level is acceptable?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

ChipNDip posted:

^^^^^

Yeah, nobody can do anything productive for 2+ years. Very reasonable because if big stores can sell paint, that will spread the virus to millions (and with 50+% asymptomatic rate, lol). Just watch Netflix, order some takeout, just chill for 2, 3, 5, years, you won't hardly notice.

essential

what phases are

As somebody who has to go to work still to make sure your stupid rear end can live another day to say stupid poo poo on the internet please shut up about a virus that spreads primarily through close contact in enclosed spaces.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

shut th gently caress ip

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Seeds by mail have been a thing for over 100 years. My mom always received the Burpee catalog every winter.

mystes
May 31, 2006

ChipNDip posted:

What is "unnecessary social interaction"? How is curbside delivery siginifcantly different from people in stores with limited occupanacy
Do you understand how covid is transmitted?

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

^^^^^^
Yes, I do. That's why I'm so perplexed at why people accept arbitrary resrtictions without question or without accounting for preventative measures like masks and enforced occupancy limits. Even more troubling is the people who think that Covid has a 50+% asymptomatic rate and still think we should force everyone to be hikkomori indefinitely.

Sedisp posted:

As somebody who has to go to work still to make sure your stupid rear end can live another day to say stupid poo poo on the internet please shut up about a virus that spreads primarily through close contact in enclosed spaces.

I still have to go to work so that you're baby rear end can live and so you can post in the first place as well, in close spaces.

When can people pursue basic aspects of their lives again (i.e. loving interact with people outside of their "household", buy goods that are arbitrarily deemed "non-essential" based on the whims of whatever state they live in, visit parks without libs throwing a shitfit, etc.)

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Wall-E pod people?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

ChipNDip posted:

I still have to go to work so that you're baby rear end can live and so you can post in the first place as well, in close spaces.

When can people pursue basic aspects of their lives again (i.e. loving interact with people outside of their "household", buy goods that are arbitrarily deemed "non-essential" based on the whims of whatever state they live in, visit parks without libs throwing a shitfit, etc.)

i don't think that all your work at the whine cellar is really necessary for anyone to live

mystes
May 31, 2006

I don't think wall-e mobility scooters were sealed against covid?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

ChipNDip posted:

^^^^^

essential

what phases are

lol

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

my opinion on the crisis is that everybody but me can die and it's an acceptable loss because my hair is long

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ChipNDip posted:

these restrictions will be lifted somewhat soon i suspect, maybe another month, which will condemn tens of thousands if not more to die. but you will be able to get your seeds in person, congrats.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Everything is so hosed. My god

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

well we had a good run

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

this is exactly what will happen in all the places that aren't run by total dipshits lol

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

I got the need, the need for seed

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

"Don't visit anyone you don't already live with for 5+ years, or buy anything besides gruel " very healthy and normal"

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

these restrictions will be lifted somewhat soon i suspect, maybe another month, which will condemn tens of thousands if not more to die.

That is literally all I am arguing for. How many ~thousands~ over time from the mental health effects of being a hikkomori for an indefinite period of time?

When would it be acceptable to loosen restrictions?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Lawman 0 posted:

I'm still frankly shocked about how stupid this is

Yeah same. These protests are next level

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

99% sure you can still get sunflower seeds at any gas station in person

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

whats this about seeds

are beans off the menu?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lmao being forced to wear a mask in public according to those Chuds.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

why isnt the coronavirus being more courteous to our lives

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a few pages back but would a lion really defeat a bear in a fight

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020

spaceblancmange posted:

I got the need, the need for seed
spending all my quarantine money on hawaiian baby woodrose seeds and tripping 15-yo style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

CODChimera posted:

Yeah same. These protests are next level

I'm basically checked out completely now I can't even really get mad anymore.