Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

let us know when you successfully negotiate a compromise with the COVID-19 virus

You can only fill one of my lungs with fluid Covid and that's final!

*Covid easily kills grandma*

Ah! Well, nevertheless..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

SKULL.GIF posted:

let us know when you successfully negotiate a compromise with the COVID-19 virus

it'll be tough tho, it's the smartest foe our nation has ever faced

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

stop feeding this idiot. ive been day drinking since 11am and don't need this poo poo.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

facetoucher cat posted:

I made a bacon fat Italian vinaigrette with chopped garlic fried in the bacon fat before I used it in the vinaigrette then put it in whole wheat rotini with a drained can of chopped tomatoes then crumbled all the bacon I fried up into it and I'm cooking up a pot of cannellini beans to put into it then I'm going to chill it for a little bit and shave some parmesan cheese on it

I love me some beans

wish i'd thought to stock up on cannellini :sigh:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
https://twitter.com/ByMikeBaker/status/1251996831237595136

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My corned beef has emerged from its 10 day brine bath and I couldn't be loving happier. If only I had some yeast I could have made some dope rear end rye bread alas I'll settle for grocery store bakery

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Google Butt posted:

i mean youre parroting the same poo poo they are verbatim so just tell us how many deaths youre cool with so that u can go play dnd or whatever you ghoul

It depends on the level of restriction. To allow cruises or megachurches again? 0. To get people to stop moral posturing over visiting their loving friends again or governors not doing stupid poo poo like banning paint sales indefinitely? A lot more, especially over a few months when people loving die anyway,

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

ChipNDip posted:

Sounds like you agree with me.

The uncertainty is so large that we right now have no idea what response is appropriate. We literally must lock down until we know wtf or risk an endemic that caps global lifespan in the 40s or 50s as you get it again and again destroying your lungs more and more which is not currently ruled out lmao

I mean yeah after ten or twenty years we'd probably have to live with that but man right now we're nowhere near the tipping point

mystes
May 31, 2006

The cough heard round the world

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Raiad posted:

it'll be tough tho, it's the smartest foe our nation has ever faced

well yeah it knows not to compromise with the USA

mystes posted:

The cough heard round the world

I saw this on twitter and my first thought was that they are referring to the Oklahoma City bombing right? Because that's what today is an anniversary for in the militia movement.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1252020082366177283

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I got your seeds right here

vvvvv
Points to dilznick
^^^^^^

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ChipNDip posted:

It depends on the level of restriction. To allow cruises or megachurches again? 0. To get people to stop moral posturing over visiting their loving friends again or governors not doing stupid poo poo like banning paint sales indefinitely? A lot more, especially over a few months when people loving die anyway,

give the number coward

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

shovelbum posted:

The uncertainty is so large that we right now have no idea what response is appropriate. We literally must lock down until we know wtf or risk an endemic that caps global lifespan in the 40s or 50s as you get it again and again destroying your lungs more and more which is not currently ruled out lmao

I mean yeah after ten or twenty years we'd probably have to live with that but man right now we're nowhere near the tipping point

THIS

IS

NOT

HOW

VIRUSES

WORK

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

coke posted:

yeah someone here mentioned earlier that we've already lost to the chuds as soon as they are reporting things as "reopen the economy" instead of "interfering with quarantine"

yeah that was me, it's already a lost cause

A New Dad
Nov 10, 2012

I SHOULD FUCK OFF BACK TO C-SPAM

Google Butt posted:

i mean youre parroting the same poo poo they are verbatim so just tell us how many deaths youre cool with so that u can go play dnd or whatever you ghoul

let me turn this around on you and ask, how many seeds and gallons of paint going unpurchased are you ok with?

mystes
May 31, 2006

As someone who has had a lot of lovely, toxic bosses, I can confirm that Trump is living up to his promise to run the country like a business

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ChipNDip posted:

what do you want to paint so badly

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
[extremely chipndip voice]

I will literally die if I can't start sniffing the seats in movie theaters again soon

Reopen America Now

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Google Butt posted:

Lmfao it loving owns that chuds thirst to kill themselves and others they interact with on account of going stir crazy for seeds and paint in an incredibly traumatic lonely death

checking my email, it looks like I went into survivalist mode March 3 and finally ordered all the seeds I had put off. CHUDs suck at being survivalists

I now remember I was drinking too because of the Super Tuesday results.

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
thank god hiking is still permitted id just kill myself already if i had to be stuck indoors for more than a week. i can sympathize with those wanting to paint and farm.

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

shovelbum posted:

When is the tipping point? Even a year of the current restrictions would have MASSIVE effects on the global economy. And I'm not talking about poo poo like cruise lines or airlines or hotels. I just mean basic poo poo like "people's social solidarity" or "birth rates" or "health outcomes" (given the fact that a lot of people are avoiding "un-necessary" medical treatment that will turn into preventable-but-critical issues fairly soon.

There's a massive difference between 1-2 months of restrictions vs 1-2 YEARS, and indefinitely "welp, we just don't know :shrug:"

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

[extremely chipndip voice]

I will literally die if I can't start sniffing the seats in movie theaters again soon

Reopen America Now

Have literally never mentioned that. But yes, saying that "Hmm, maybe we shouldn't create a mass moral panic indefinitely" is the same as "let's all cough in each other's mouths and go to movies and on cruises again tomorrow"

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ChipNDip posted:

If we tell you it's ok to go infect your friends will you shut the gently caress up?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what's up

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

anyone who wants to hang with chipndip can't be too worth the precautions

uh huh huh ask your friends to give you some seed

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Sedisp posted:

THIS

IS

NOT

HOW

VIRUSES

WORK

lol just give it up a chunk of this thread is desperate for mass death because they're accelerationist whitebread suburban scum who don't understand struggle

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Sedisp posted:

THIS

IS

NOT

HOW

VIRUSES

WORK

There are lots of dangerous endemic diseases with crippling lifespan, quality of life, and economic effects.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

lol just give it up a chunk of this thread is desperate for mass death because they're accelerationist whitebread suburban scum who don't understand struggle

shovelbum is not representative of the average poster in this thread imo and you shouldn't take him as such

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

Radirot posted:

thank god hiking is still permitted id just kill myself already if i had to be stuck indoors for more than a week. i can sympathize with those wanting to paint and farm.

It's literally not for woke scolds. People will call you a monster if you do anything to meet up IRL with anyone ~outside your household~ and think that they're brave rebels, not the loving Inner Party from 1984.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

folks maybe stop engaging with the shithead arguing in bad faith.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

a lot of americans are enduring the first period of actual material hardship in their lives and going real nutso

It's less hardship more that their consumptive habits running headfirst into morality. It can't be compartmentalized easily because it's constantly brought up from the outside (media, peers, etc).

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

shovelbum posted:

lmao

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

ChipNDip posted:

It's literally not for woke scolds. People will call you a monster if you do anything to meet up IRL with anyone ~outside your household~ and think that they're brave rebels, not the loving Inner Party from 1984.

is this meltdown because someone said you're making an irresponsible decision

is that really it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

ChipNDip posted:

When is the tipping point? Even a year of the current restrictions would have MASSIVE effects on the global economy. And I'm not talking about poo poo like cruise lines or airlines or hotels. I just mean basic poo poo like "people's social solidarity" or "birth rates" or "health outcomes" (given the fact that a lot of people are avoiding "un-necessary" medical treatment that will turn into preventable-but-critical issues fairly soon.

There's a massive difference between 1-2 months of restrictions vs 1-2 YEARS, and indefinitely "welp, we just don't know :shrug:"

the global economy loving sucks and has immiserated an incredible amount of people and destroying it is cool and good hth

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

A dangerous endemic disease is not some fantasy, it's the reality a lot of places and was much more so even twenty years ago. We need to at least rule that out before we start the NFL back up

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ChipNDip posted:

literally no one is stopping you from going and breathing on your friends. open the door, take a brave stride out, you won't be tackled by quarantiner-general diana moon glampers.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

stop advocating for doing what's required to save millions of people I want to feel good about hanging out with and possibly killing my Bros in an intensely horrific way dude

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

^^^^

LMAO, which is it? Is visiting friends literally going to kill them until we develop a vaccine (which may be never)? Or is it not?

SKULL.GIF posted:

shovelbum is not representative of the average poster in this thread imo and you shouldn't take him as such

They seem to be. Certainly the general public's reaction is pretty similar to shovelbum's. I wouldn't be arguing if shovelbum wasn't the norm.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Solarin posted:

folks maybe stop engaging with the shithead arguing in bad faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ChipNDip posted:

To get people to stop moral posturing over visiting their loving friends again or governors not doing stupid poo poo like banning paint sales indefinitely?

Hey I think I know why your "friends" don't want to hang out with you and it ain't covid.