Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

The concern might be for enforcement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

LingcodKilla posted:

Actually I completely disagree with the total ban on fishing. It’s not a group activity for everyone and I don’t interact with anyone when launch my kayak and traps.

It's to keep people from traveling to do this. My dad is mad as hell cuz he can't go to the lake that is almost next to his house.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Except when you stop for bait, gas, drinks and snacks before hitting the water. And even if you're doing everything right, the 40 jackholes packed nuts to butts on the popular fishing spots aren't.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Leavemywife posted:

If you're by yourself in the middle of a lake, fishing on a boat, that seems pretty distanced to me.

Yup. But nope they completely shut down all fishing. It’s created a poo poo tone of hate and drove every idiot sportmen even further to the right even though the far right would just as soon turn every pond into a chemical dump.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Leavemywife posted:

If you're by yourself in the middle of a lake, fishing on a boat, that seems pretty distanced to me.

Those people aren't the issue and never have been, it's every other muppet

One of the rare cases of the masses spoiling it for the few

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Elmnt80 posted:

Except when you stop for bait, gas, drinks and snacks before hitting the water. And even if you're doing everything right, the 40 jackholes packed nuts to butts on the popular fishing spots aren't.

Oh hey you’ve been to a Lowe’s too?

If they had made it for in county only/no out of county it would have been a lot less noise about it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Can people right on water go fishing? this is important

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Milo and POTUS posted:

Can people right on water go fishing? this is important

No.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

The concern might be for enforcement?

That and diversion of emergency resources to rescue recreational fishers/boaters when they have one too many and start drowning.

At least that's my guess.

Edit: Coworker lives on his boat and got pulled over by MD water cops for being in the water instead of tied up. Was pretty lol.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Laranzu posted:

That and diversion of emergency resources to rescue recreational fishers/boaters when they have one too many and start drowning.

At least that's my guess.

Edit: Coworker lives on his boat and got pulled over by MD water cops for being in the water instead of tied up. Was pretty lol.

McNulty was just bitter he had to ride the boat

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It seems like there ought to be an exemption for subsistence fishing. We have some of that right here in Alameda.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Madurai posted:

It seems like there ought to be an exemption for subsistence fishing. We have some of that right here in Alameda.

Of course there is. No restrictions on tribal affiliates or commercial.

That’s going over great with sportsmen.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Mass shooting spree in multiple locales throughout Nova Scotia. 10+ dead, including one RCMP officer. Suspect believed dead. https://globalnews.ca/news/6838880/rcmp-active-shooter-portapique-n-s/

Edit: motive still unclear, but appears pre-meditated as the fucker had obtained an RCMP uniform and possibly even a police vehicle.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Apr 19, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Giving a gently caress about the consequences your actions have on others is communism

no, threats to my privileges are communism. it's fine if you restrict the freedom of Those Other People, that's for their own good as much as mine.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Cugel the Clever posted:

Mass shooting spree in multiple locales throughout Nova Scotia. 10+ dead, including one RCMP officer. Suspect believed dead. https://globalnews.ca/news/6838880/rcmp-active-shooter-portapique-n-s/

Edit: motive still unclear, but appears pre-meditated as the fucker had obtained an RCMP uniform and possibly even a police vehicle.

Even loving weirder, looks like he was an RCMP enthusiast and got a fake uniform and made a fake cruiser. The whole story is WTF.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Laranzu posted:

It's most likely this, it's why they've banned anything in NZ that might require a callout: hunting, tramping, fishing, swimming, surfing. It feels dumb but it makes sense really.

poo poo my cousin does professional pest eradication (rabbits, possums etc) and their whole company got locked down because apparently people running trap lines constitutes too great a risk. Imo it should absolutely get classed as essential work but :shrug:

E) drat Canada :smith:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Cool.

Cool cool.
https://twitter.com/gwensnyderPHL/status/1251902052608937986

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Don't wish harm on them though.

Chichevache posted:

Wishing death on people is gross and hosed up. Try being a better person.

Chichevache posted:

Lowtax just said "vague threats" results in permabanning and the main discussion of the QCS thread was about wishing ironic death on people. If that post was cool then I am cool with it. I just want to figure out what the boundaries are so I can habitually push them.

lol you're such a tiny man Chich

https://twitter.com/jbrowder1/status/1251726587210412032

You hate to see it.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

But we can. You know we can.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

That Works posted:

https://twitter.com/jbrowder1/status/1251726587210412032

You hate to see it.

OK wow, that guy is gonna get nailed hard, the Feds don't gently caress around with unauthorized data access.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Whoa

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute

Midjack posted:

Pretty sure he's gonna call the entire Fed workforce back to the office starting Monday and consequently turn DC and the surrounding parts of VA and MD into the next NYC.

As of tonight my guidance was we will continue on Red Team/Blue Team shift work at the Pentagon. I'm off next week and go back in Monday after next, so I'm on a Sunday night bender. This may change, but who knows. All I do know is it was super spooky at the Pentagon last week as the halls were mostly empty with only a few people keeping a solid 10 foot distance from each other. On the plus side, I'm rocking the custom masks my artist friend made for me...check out these gold Chinese dragons, homie!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yeah I saw that earlier. I wish I could say I was surprised but really all that's surprising is the brazenness

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Has anyone done an Immortan Joe cloth mask yet?

Odradek
May 23, 2007

Don't hate me because I'm cute
It's on order along with my Bane mask.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

PeterCat posted:

Has anyone done an Immortan Joe cloth mask yet?

Kinda want a medically-rated Din Djaren Mandalorian full helmet mask.

This is the way.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Milo and POTUS posted:

Yeah I saw that earlier. I wish I could say I was surprised but really all that's surprising is the brazenness

I wonder how that master chief standing in the ocean feels about being a nazi dupe.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

From what I gather he's not a fan of covenant forces

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The ESPN Michael Jordan documentary caption writer appears to rule.

https://twitter.com/adamslily/status/1252050859627819014

https://twitter.com/seungminkim/status/1252059688503517188

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Lmao, that guy loving rules.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

That Works posted:

Does posting your bloodlust fantasies on a comedy forum make you feel like a big man?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Does reporting them?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Does reporting them?

No, it doesn't.

It makes me feel bad that this is what is considered acceptable discourse. Dan Carlin had a pretty good episode of Common Sense about this type of rhetoric a few weeks ago, A Recipe for Caesar. I thought he made a drat good point about what possible resolution we can find to this divide in our country when you have people otherizing their "enemies" to the point of considering them vermin worth destroying.

Obviously the real Nazis are an issue, just like real tankies are an issue. But not everyone who disagrees with you politically falls into those two camps. I'm not eager to raise my daughter in a world where Americans are purging one another over political beliefs, and I think an important step to walking us back from that cliff is stopping that kind of rhetoric when you can.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/eyokley/status/1251903100279042050

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Milo and POTUS posted:

From what I gather he's not a fan of covenant forces

he's just sick and tired of the washington elites

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Chichevache posted:

political beliefs

Screaming "6 Feet away, we will not obey" is not a political belief.

It's a deadly threat.

gently caress those people.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chichevache posted:

No, it doesn't.

It makes me feel bad that this is what is considered acceptable discourse. Dan Carlin had a pretty good episode of Common Sense about this type of rhetoric a few weeks ago, A Recipe for Caesar. I thought he made a drat good point about what possible resolution we can find to this divide in our country when you have people otherizing their "enemies" to the point of considering them vermin worth destroying.

Obviously the real Nazis are an issue, just like real tankies are an issue. But not everyone who disagrees with you politically falls into those two camps. I'm not eager to raise my daughter in a world where Americans are purging one another over political beliefs, and I think an important step to walking us back from that cliff is stopping that kind of rhetoric when you can.

"guys it's just a political disagreement don't be so mean :qq:"

These idiots are deliberately exacerbating a deadly plague because they can't stand not being able to go to Applebees. gently caress them. The only reason I don't hope they all die is because that would take up scarce medical resources that people who don't deserve to die could use.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

NJersey posted:

Screaming "6 Feet away, we will not obey" is not a political belief.

It's a deadly threat.

gently caress those people.

Yeah, it's worth noting that here if you spit on a cop you get charged with assault, and if you subsequently test positive for rona you're now on the hook for an intent to cause grievous bodily harm

Nb this has only come in since the rona

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

It’s funny but also reflective of their status at the time of Jordan and Pippen playing in Chicago and Arkansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Chichevache posted:

No, it doesn't.

how the gently caress is "these people wish to indefinitely prolong a pandemic that has, in seven weeks, killed more Americans than the Korean War did in 161 weeks" a political belief