Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The person behind that post-apocalyptic take on the Diner Modular has posted the instructions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chairchucker posted:

the opposite actually you philistine
you had better only ever refer to them as Lego Brand Building Blocks forevermore you corporate lickspittle!

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I pretty much don't refer to the individual bricks at all. I've just got a whole bunch of Lego.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Brick-building Toys Megathread: Best-Lok and Kre-O fans only, please!

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > DIY > K'NEX

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's too bad mods don't really read this thread and we only get one gimmick title every 2 years.

I liked when it was called "the Legos thread"

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I like playing with Locking Elegant Geometric Objects.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Carbohydrates posted:

Incidentally, people asking for instructions is why they stopped doing them, since those designs tended to be flimsy or follow design ideologies not up to LEGO's standard. They were only ever meant to serve as inspiration to get kids building stuff.

Y'all, peep this dope poo poo that just hit 10k. I love it so much, and I haven't cared about Spongebob in many years.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/05a5e0a0-b0d7-4c07-9ec1-e39b5c053dd9

Just... the density of detail inside this thing, the colors, all of it. I want to buy it.

This is awesome, but would it even get approved if they've already done the Krusty Krab? (Twice I think as well).

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Lego SYSTEM :colbert:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

FBS posted:

that's an awful lot of studs showing :colbert:

the other day I was building the lunar space station with my daughter and she said "I like to make it smooth that means it's better"

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda Brickheadz set is up for pre-order on the LEGO brand building toy website. I’d grab one now if you want one.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

You forgot this: ®

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I liked when it was called "the Legos thread"

:yeah:

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda Brickheadz set is up for pre-order on the LEGO brand building toy website. I’d grab one now if you want one.

I don't want to order just that and have to pay 5 euros shipping, surely they'll make enough to match demand, even if that means I'll have to wait a little while come August? I don't know how long Brickheadz stay around d usually.

Also on that note any guesses as to how much longer the UCS Falcon will stick around?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Its a good year for pirates

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NVBraJMJv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

after the barracuda bay turned out to be amazing I think I'm leaving it up as an island. Now I just have to fish out all of my pirate hulls and get to building. Will probably pilfer the sails from barracuda bay to use on the creator ship.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

FBS posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > DIY > K'NEX

Man, I used to have the K'NEX Roller Coaster, Big Ball Tower, and Ferris Wheel when I was a kid. The really big ones. I put the Roller Coaster and Ferris Wheel together so they could be run by one motor, which made half of my bedroom look like a theme park. It was neat.

K'NEX aren't super durable, but they're the cheapest way to make huge megastructures. I think the Roller Coaster was like $200 and a full six feet long.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Can discounts be combined on the LEGO store?

I have enough points for two $5 over the phone discounts. I am thinking of getting the SC F8 and it would be nice to get it $10 off as opposed to only being able to get $5 off that and then $5 on something else. They may have found a way to get me to buy a random Minifig after all since there’s not really anything else jumping out at me.

Also, what is the functional difference between an item being on Backorder and being Sold Out online? I get that a retiring item would be sold out for good but what if the site doesn’t indicate that the set is being discontinued?

I might pass on that one. PoBB May have scratched my itch for high seas adventure (not to mention the SES crowning my pile of shame)

E:

Cojawfee posted:

Brick built sails on that creator set seems like a swing and a miss.

E2: I still agree but I'm now realizing they probably did that to provide needed pieces for the other two builds since it's 3 in 1 rather than Expert.

Is anyone else not thrilled with the new palm tree construction in Barracuda Bay? I find the fronds to be really fussy as far as the sweet spot they need to adhere to. The tan colour for the original style top connector bits also feels ill chosen. Nowhere near done but that’s my only gripe. Probably will leave it as an island once finished.

Harold Stassen fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Apr 20, 2020

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The mario polybags aren't CMFs https://www.instagram.com/p/B-xJsGRp5zp/ they look like mini builds to go with the sets.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I have enough points for two $5 over the phone discounts. I am thinking of getting the SC F8 and it would be nice to get it $10 off as opposed to only being able to get $5 off that and then $5 on something else. They may have found a way to get me to buy a random Minifig after all since there’s not really anything else jumping out at me.

Yes, I did this online with the pirate set - got 1 $20 and 2 $5 for a total of 30

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Also, what is the functional difference between an item being on Backorder and being Sold Out online? I get that a retiring item would be sold out for good but what if the site doesn’t indicate that the set is being discontinued?

I might pass on that one. PoBB May have scratched my itch for high seas adventure (not to mention the SES crowning my pile of shame)

Is anyone else not thrilled with the new palm tree construction in Barracuda Bay? I find the fronds to be really fussy as far as the sweet spot they need to adhere to. The tan colour for the original style top connector bits also feels ill chosen. Nowhere near done but that’s my only gripe. Probably will leave it as an island once finished.

The palm trees suck on the new one. I have about 10000 old trees, but a lot of the fronds are broken at the connector. I can probably put together 10 or so trees in the old style

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Cojawfee posted:

Agreed

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Yeah, the sails and rigging both look really weird. Will have to see a better / finalized image, but it's especially underwhelming seeing this AFTER Barracuda Bay.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

The mario polybags aren't CMFs https://www.instagram.com/p/B-xJsGRp5zp/ they look like mini builds to go with the sets.

loving bummer

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I think the difference is that backorder means they are taking orders for their next shipment to the warehouse. For instance, they are expecting 5,000 to come in the next month or so. Sold out means all the backorders are sold.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
All the Mario stuff is such a huge miss to me. It looks like they half assets rehashed the minecraft idea into something with too little pieces in every set and coloured it differently

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Benny was ahead of his time: https://resourcefurniture.com/product/gemini/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But Benny made spaceships, not double decker couches. That was Emmet.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Right. Whatever. :)

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just saw the UCS A-Wing... wish I could justify that cost in these poo poo times.

Silver lining is that it'll be around for around a year or two.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Vintersorg posted:

Just saw the UCS A-Wing... wish I could justify that cost in these poo poo times.

Silver lining is that it'll be around for around a year or two.

Same for Barracuda Bay. It’s so nice, but at the moment it’s out of reach.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lego Masters S2 has started in Australia.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
It's been a really great start too. That moment with the shark was hilarious.

I also really appreciate how upset Ryan McNaught gets over eliminations. It gives the series a real warmth compared to other really shows

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

GlenMR posted:

I also really appreciate how upset Ryan McNaught gets over eliminations. It gives the series a real warmth compared to other really shows

His name's Brickman. :colbert:

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?

Chairchucker posted:

His name's Brickman. :colbert:

Until I see him with a cape beating up bad guys, my decision shall stand.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well I ordered D-0 on his own instead of waiting for ordering the UCS A-Wing and getting double points since on his own he was free shipping. Also all the helmets are backordered? Did they go on sale and then sell out? I guess they underestimated the popularity on those.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Looks like the GWP for Star Wars day is a Death Star 2 diorama. I've enjoyed the prior ones so I'm going to have to find something to buy to get it.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Why wouldn't it be a Death Star I diorama so we'd have one from each movie??

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Dogen posted:

Why wouldn't it be a Death Star I diorama so we'd have one from each movie??

DS2 gives it a little more color with the red scaffolding, plus a bit of cross-promotion with the UCS A-Wing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
How do these promotions normally work, if I preordered the Razor Crest would I get the VIP and GWP bonuses now?