Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Surely someone has an audio clip of Tygan going "Why on Earth would someone do such a thing?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I love Jake and all but I just flatly do not believe that statement. If you’ve been on the internet outside of your walled garden on Facebook any time in the last decade you would’ve gotten a taste of the rules of snake tits.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I remember they had that trailer where a ranger one shots a sectoid with a machete and then people complained you couldn't actually do that so they patched them to take double damage from melee, that was nice.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Jake is lying to himsellf. Sad.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Joining with the crowd here: ol Jake knew EXACTLY what he was doing. The blame doesn't rest solely on his shoulders, though, "hot aliens" have been a thing since Star Trek: The Original Series.

Fake Edit: Would Kirk or Riker bang a snake chick? The answer is obvious.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Riker would not.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Riker would not.

........you sure on that? Riker is pretty much like Barry White

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Riker would and probably has, Kirk wouldn't

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Riker would never have been given the choice, dibs would have been called the second he walked into the room, and Picard would have told him that he had to, for the sake of the Federation, while his female coworkers stifle their laughs and Riker shows no sense of shame.

TNG had some strange moments.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

riker would hit a titsnake like the fist of an angry god are you kidding me

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

https://twitter.com/SolomonJake/status/1251991959599747084

what a world indeed

Edit: that will teach me to post before refreshing.

don't believe his lies, he knew what he was doing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

https://twitter.com/TheBritWriter/status/1251997421330145283?s=19

:goonsay:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I see ADVENT did figure out how to surgically remove a sense of humor

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

https://www.nerfnow.com/comic/2756

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Psion posted:

1000000% agree, they're indispensable

next time I play WOTC, which is likely right after Chimera Squad, I need to find if there's a blisk voice pack

CUT THE CHEDDAR!

if you know how to pull audio files out of titanfall 1/2 ill do it man

spyglass too.

but theres a real reason i came here today

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
snake doctors confirmed sure why not

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Jake "Tit snake" Solomon

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Eau de MacGowan posted:

snake doctors confirmed sure why not

one may want to make note that this snake has no tits. titless snakes now Canon.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Could be a boy snake

Four days until Xcom

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Psion posted:

I see ADVENT did figure out how to surgically remove a sense of humor

it was part of the overall goal of surgically removing empathy, which that guy appears to have also had done

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015

Bogart posted:

Could be a boy snake

Four days until Xcom

There is only one boy snake, and XCOM turned him into a suit and hat. Not all snakes are created equal in terms of chesticles.

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Besides that Simpsons screencap and Jake's twitter regret, gotta say I have never seen an actually funny titsnake joke.
I know! I'm not fun!

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Brick Shipment posted:

Besides that Simpsons screencap and Jake's twitter regret, gotta say I have never seen an actually funny titsnake joke.
I know! I'm not fun!

Admitting is the first step to recovery.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Brick Shipment posted:

I know! I'm not fun!

It was like the first joke made:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

snek waifu go hiss is a superior snake joke

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Chairchucker posted:

snek waifu go hiss is a superior snake joke

look buckaroo i don't know about you but theres room for more than one snake joke in my heart

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
there are snake jokes and then there are snake """""jokes"""""

none of you are fooling anyone, your sin is written on your faces and in your hearts

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

just admit to being horny on main, it's fine

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*in extremely Foghorn Leghorn voice* I say I say the boy's got himself a brain, but it's about as useless to him as tits on a snake, son

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Tiler Kiwi posted:

there are snake jokes and then there are snake """""jokes"""""

none of you are fooling anyone, your sin is written on your faces and in your hearts

Actually, I'm just waiting for the new game to have a dumb quest or mission or plotline somehow centered around it, or another sort of lampshade.

Jakes twitter 'apology', to me, sorta seems like a preapology.

More or less, I think there's going to be some shade thrown on the whole thing in a minor but more direct way than 'acknowledged in the trailer'.

But ugn, also I hope war of the chosen goes on sale after launch. I've been looking into what it does, and it looks neat, and thanks for convincing me of that, thread!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

XCOM: Terror in the Seas

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hwurmp posted:

XCOM: Terror in the Seas

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man. There's always a Bradford.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

uber_stoat posted:

one may want to make note that this snake has no tits. titless snakes now Canon.

Doesn't Tygan's autopsy reveal that the snake tits are modified venom glands/sacs? Maybe she had hers removed so as to lower the chances of accidentally poisoning a patient once she transferred to the civilian sector.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Josef bugman posted:

It's sad that the most "fun" armour is all the first lot and a bit of the second.

Are there any mods that mean the power armour looks a bit less "apple ipod"?

I dig the Warden Gear mod -- the vanilla T3 armor looks a lot better when you give it a matte finish and strap a bunch of pouches and load-bearing vests on it.

SpookyLizard posted:

The tier three armor and guns in this game look like rear end. They look flimsy 3D printed toys, and make me miss the old Titan and EW plasma gear so much. like all the cannons using the chain saw grip to fire but have a pistol grip underneath to carry them, its one of those things that just make me go ?????? how did this make it through to release.

The mag tier stuff looks great, XCOMs especially, but god the aesthetics of beam weapons are just awful.

Check out coilguns! This was made before any of the DLC so SPARKs and the hero units still use plasma, but this goes a long way/

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

drat that warden mod looks insanely better than the iArmor

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Xarbala posted:

The Titanfall cosmetic mods are all really good at blending tacticool poo poo with sci-fi armor while still looking scruffy and well-worn, they're my favorite and I use them whenever I fire XCOM 2 up

Hell yea quoting dis for the next page too because all the Titanfall armor bits fit in so well

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

TK-42-1 posted:

drat that warden mod looks insanely better than the iArmor

Agreed on this.

I like that this "sleek" trend in scifi seems to be dying out a bit and things are looking a bit more dinged up.

ninjahedgehog posted:

I dig the Warden Gear mod -- the vanilla T3 armor looks a lot better when you give it a matte finish and strap a bunch of pouches and load-bearing vests on it.

Thank you!

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I dunno what you nerds are complaining about, tier three armor looks like an action figure hosed a motorcycle and it whips rear end.

Trying to camoflauge your cool space armor so that it blends in with the year 2000 rear end, tan camo rear end blending into the iraq desert poo poo does not whip rear end. It makes your space soldiers look like antiques. You may as well have them wear civil war coats.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 20, 2020

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu2-ohLfbrg&t=26s

Shelter, saving the innocent citizens of City 31 from streaking Pectoids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

There's always a lighthouse. There's always a man. There's always a Bradford.

Theres always an antfarm. Theres always a commander. Theres always a Bradford.