Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Play posted:

is it bad form to offer to send weed to desperate goons if it's legal in both states?

My heart's been breaking for some poor fools who are trapped with no marijuana and no delivery where they live

How about fools who are in countries where there isn't even a hope of legalization yet? I can't keep up with this thread for too long, sooner or later I can't keep reading everyone's bounties from their legal stores while I keep buying in old school shady deals

(I kid, I kid, I have a very nice guy who I can meet in a discreet place, but it's a pain to travel all the way to his lair. I'm concerned as to what will I do if the lockdown here gets even stronger, too. And we DO have a hope of legalization, but with the pandemic it's a toss -up as if the law will pass on time or not )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

from my perspective, i don't really judge people if they eat abv, but it also seems like an artifact of cannabis scarcity caused by prohibition. in other words everyone is growing and selling weed now, it's everywhere, there's recreational dispensaries a lot of places in the US, and there's medical in most states. this idea that we have to squeeze every drop of blood of getting high off of every bit of weed we get just isn't relevant anymore for most people, so trying to get a little high out of the duff from your vaporizer just seems outdated and like too much effort.
the other argument against using ABV is that like 90% of the good stuff like terpenes, esters, aldols, and cannabinoids has already been vaped off the abv so what you're getting just isn't as good as if you used some fresh weed instead. that's my opinion but obv do what you want based on your situation.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
eat all the abv you want but for the love of god just don't smoke it

guavo
Jan 3, 2007
I am quite practic at this onlane thing
I have made green dragon by adding ABV to alcohol and letting it sit for a month, it tastes awful and it works.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I save mine, but haven't need to use it in a grip. Like any shwag, it's perfectly serviceable for edibles.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

guavo posted:

I have made green dragon by adding ABV to alcohol and letting it sit for a month, it tastes awful and it works.

We are used to that here in Canada.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

poverty goat posted:

one thing about acetone is it will dissolve plastic pipes. this is generally not an issue with fingernail quantities but you shouldn't dump a bong worth into your bathroom sink and leave it sitting in the trap

Don't even let it sit imo, just dump in a bunch of salt, throw in fifty or a hundred mL acetone, shake shake shake senora, dump and rinse. Repeat if necessary, but it rarely is.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

The local dispensary was out of anything good for flower. I got 7g of kush shake and feel real stupid.

Checked their menu all day :f5: and only saw the fool's weed CBD poo poo left. Overheard they will have a lot of recreational flower on 4/20 but I'm already anticipating the lines to be loving miserable.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Mozi posted:

eat all the abv you want but for the love of god just don't smoke it

I might have told this story before in this thread, but I smoke a lot of weed and repeat myself constantly so whatever

When I was but a young boy we were desperate for marijuana, as young boys pre-legalization often were. My buddy called me over and said he got an eighth of weed from a homeless person down by the tracks. That sounded just fine to me so I headed over and a bunch of other people came too. Homeless people can be decent sources on occasion, for the simple reason that they have nothing to do all day but talk to people and maybe find drugs.

When he showed us the weed, though, something was seriously wrong with it. It had the right shape, still full nugs and everything but it was completely brown. At this point none of us had much experience with vapes, and the ones we did have experience with we'd never seen entire nugs completley vaped like that and still look like weed.

Long story short we started to smoke it, it was so disusting that I gave up immediately. It still gives you a "high", the same high you would get if you were, say, trapped inside a burning farm. Similar to smoking resin, everything good about weed is all gone and all the weird feelings you get from smoke inhalation were at the forefront.

I don't even want to say how much of that stuff my friends smoked before I convinced them that it was, indeed, abv and completely worthless

I have another fun story about my brother getting ripped of in Hawaii. Turns out there is a plant in Hawaii which, if you pick the leaves and roll into into little balls ("nugs"), it looks almost exactly like the real thing. It legitimately took us several minutes to confirm that, yes, this was not marijuana because it just looked so much like it

Play fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 19, 2020

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene
Now is a great time to switch from smoking to vaping, goons. So please forgive this shameless plug for my SA-mart listing of a lovingly used Storz & Bickel Mighty portable vaporizer. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920627

(I hope this is allowed? If not please let me know and I'll remove this post)

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

are there any cultivars of marijuana that are optimized for quantity, rather than quality? Like something you grow not to smoke, but just to extract as much oil as possible? Just curious, most of the modern superweed i see is all about making something that looks flashy a potent, but probably isn't the way to grow in bulk.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
of course https://www.leafly.ca/strains/big-bud

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

All the mexibrick era commercial weed was high output indicas bred for max weight over everything else

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
It is officially 4/20 my goons.

Start smokin' em if you haven't been.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Merry Christmas friends

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I tried smoking abv and after the hit thought, "well that's it, I've killed myself" and gagged a bunch.

I'm buying an oz next time i can get weed and putting half of it in a vacuum bag. I would rather have old dry weed than try to do anything with abv ever again.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I tried smoking abv and after the hit thought, "well that's it, I've killed myself" and gagged a bunch.

I'm buying an oz next time i can get weed and putting half of it in a vacuum bag. I would rather have old dry weed than try to do anything with abv ever again.

I say it every time, just grab some canning-grade wide mouth Ball jars my dude! I kept about a half oz of Chemdawg in one for over a year and the half, and the bud was still extremely smokeable. It's also super easy to rehydrate the weed if it gets too dry. Super cheap and super effective!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
One of my friends just sold me a bag of chewables. I’m excited. I can’t smoke or vape because my lungs are all irritated from coronavirus (and tbh I couldn’t handle the burn from either too well before) and the dispensary has been medical-only for like a month.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
just made a big buckley

big buckleys are firecrackers with like 1.2-1.5g on

loving love big buckleys

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

gonna eat some weed stuff and make some muzac today. I hope everyone has a good, safe day!

OutsideAngel
May 4, 2008
Celebrating today with some 98 Aloha White Widow flower in the vape, some Yeti live resin on the nail, and a little tincture for later

Cracked a fresh smoke buddy since I want to be extra careful about smells and such with so many more people home. Probably something we should think about.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

OutsideAngel posted:

Celebrating today with some 98 Aloha White Widow flower in the vape, some Yeti live resin on the nail, and a little tincture for later

Cracked a fresh smoke buddy since I want to be extra careful about smells and such with so many more people home. Probably something we should think about.

I think this is probably the only time they won't be able to evict you or arrest you just out of sheer logistics (I guess this varies by what country you're in right now)

But you get extra points for being a considerate smoker

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Now is a great time to switch from smoking to vaping, goons. So please forgive this shameless plug for my SA-mart listing of a lovingly used Storz & Bickel Mighty portable vaporizer. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920627

(I hope this is allowed? If not please let me know and I'll remove this post)

this is the weed thread man! we don't narc here

Some good sales at the shop today. Think I'll pick up a couple carts and maybe another half ounce. I'm getting dangerously low, by my standards (I still probably have about 3/4 of an ounce).

I was joking with my girlfriend the other day that I have PTSD from being a young man in need of weed, so now that I'm an adult I try and make sure I have plenty at all times

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
those who smoke every night, how long does it take for your tolerance to ratchet up? I've got about a quarter that I need to make last a couple of months. Don't really smoke during the day but it's really nice at night.

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

JAMOOOL posted:

those who smoke every night, how long does it take for your tolerance to ratchet up? I've got about a quarter that I need to make last a couple of months. Don't really smoke during the day but it's really nice at night.

i only recently learned that you just need a 48 hour long t break no matter what level you're at, not "as long as you can" like I was taught by my fellow stoners

https://www.reddit.com/r/Petioles/comments/7c65w4/took_a_48hour_break_heres_how_it_affected_me/

a fun read where a dude tries to apply a "scientific" method hahaha, but still neat

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

zer0spunk posted:

i only recently learned that you just need a 48 hour long t break no matter what level you're at, not "as long as you can" like I was taught by my fellow stoners

Really? I was doing like 4 days.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

zer0spunk posted:

eh thats sort of true. a 48 hour long break is nice and you will get pretty high when you start up again. but if you are trying to get that crazy high from when you first started you need to wait a lot longer. if its even possible. not something im interested in chasing personally

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

Agrinja posted:

Really? I was doing like 4 days.

I'd do 2 weeks before..but waiting 2 days is decent and not a waste of time like I was led to believe

give it a try, but expect the most vivid rear end dreams of your entire life while in the break phase

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm doing the weed

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

zer0spunk posted:

I'd do 2 weeks before..but waiting 2 days is decent and not a waste of time like I was led to believe

give it a try, but expect the most vivid rear end dreams of your entire life while in the break phase

I've done 3 weeks and didn't notice too much of an impact on tolerance but I wasn't actually doing that much to begin with (vaping around 3 days a week). However if I get high for more than 3 days in a row I start feeling stupid and lethargic.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

JAMOOOL posted:

honestly my tolerance is noticeably less if I wait until the night time to smoke, even if I smoked all day the day before I'll get surprisingly high on that first bowl. Smoking every night will work pretty well, you shouldn't need that much really. Just limit yourself to a bowl per night and the high should be pretty consistent imo

SeXReX posted:

I'm doing the weed

congrats bro! I'm working right now technically so I don't like to get too high or I get anxious with my email. Soon, though... soon

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it's got bubble hash in it folks

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Oh poo poo. I didn't think about the fact it's 4/20/20 until I saw that image. I've been smoking all day, but I'll go smoke another bowl in celebration.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Looks good dude

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
an alien abducted me and gave me some weed to celebrate 4/20

9/10 would get probed again alien weed rules

Play
Apr 25, 2006

love me some good purple weed. I've always known that it being purple doesn't mean it's good (some people used to think this) but I'm just as insistent that I don't loving care because purple weed is awesome and tastes good

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I got some weed and it’s not like the best I’ve ever had but it was a lot for cheap so I’m just gonna blaze it all ok that’s my weed talk

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Pussy Quipped posted:

I got some weed ... I’m just gonna blaze it

I'm on board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Play posted:

love me some good purple weed. I've always known that it being purple doesn't mean it's good (some people used to think this) but I'm just as insistent that I don't loving care because purple weed is awesome and tastes good

Usually means cool to temperate climate and good quality of light (low amount of cloud cover)