Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://i.imgur.com/Cg0g7xY.mp4

edit: murdering imgur embed

Or not. agh

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Rookie effort.

Should have cut the shapes from vinyl.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I knew I would love it from the first spray of the paint. I watched a few times just to howl at the light reveal.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Bad Munki posted:

Does it even matter

point

StormDrain posted:

I knew I would love it from the first spray of the paint. I watched a few times just to howl at the light reveal.

Watching people with a "more is better" attitude use spray paint is alway entertaining.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Boogalo posted:

Or not. agh

NWS smilies halt embedding.

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/Cg0g7xY.mp4

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Boogalo posted:

Or not. agh

roflmao

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The chains and especially the angle brackets look grossly undersized if adults are meant to sit at it.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Hey, scoot over so I can get in the middle seat.
Sure!
Slides over, and swings back just in time to slam square into your nuts.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

~Coxy posted:

The chains and especially the angle brackets look grossly undersized if adults are meant to sit at it.

Someone needs to record the consequences of only three people sitting at the table - on one side

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

PainterofCrap posted:

Someone needs to record the consequences of only three people sitting at the table - on one side

they better not all swing back at the same time.

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Boogalo posted:

Or not. agh

Aren't you supposed to use a special paint for glass?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It would also help if you didn't spraypaint like a fool. It should never be thick enough to run in the first place. You want to set it up vertically, get some distance, and do a couple very light coats. To keep crisp edges, you could also pre-paint to avoid bleeding, although since it's a light it'd be better to keep it to a minimum. Still, better than painting over after the fact

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Boogalo posted:

Or not. agh

Me: "It doesn't look *that* bad, all things considered. A bit wonky curves but I guess you might not see that if you look from a dist- JESUS CHRIST!"

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

regular POTS is -48v at 80ma, surprised that phone can take it without smoking.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

An electric cat trap? I didn't know there was a cat infestation.

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

MRC48B posted:

There's a patch for that. :D

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

tinytort posted:

There's a patch for that. :D

Nicotine™️ Patch Panel®

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.

I am 100% not surprised that is a Sprint phone.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

effika posted:

I am 100% not surprised that is a Sprint phone.

The Sprint/Boost customers I get at my cell phone repair shop tend to be the ones who have phones that would be more expensive to repair than replace. Or, more commonly, my suppliers don’t even stock the parts because the phones are so cheap there’s no point in repairing them. They’re also the ones that have no idea how keeping their phone synced to Google works, so they get mad at me because they probably just lost all their data.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I feel like this should be a Stupid Newbie or a There Was An Attempt avatar

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

"As Redesigned Each Bedroom Has An En-suite"

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

This breaks many laws of good taste but I can't tell if it's also structurally bad.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

MRC48B posted:

There's a voltage regulator spliced in.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Oh poo poo you're right. I thought that was just a blob of tape or something.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Not necessarily. Structurally the house is probably fine except for some of the beams may look like they are facing dryrot damage. But there's a good chance that the plans were permitted.

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
That place looks like its setup to basically be a real BnB.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Nothing better than taking a huge dump and being able to smell it from the bedroom.

That's class, that is.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

By popular demand posted:

This breaks many laws of good taste but I can't tell if it's also structurally bad.

I doubt there's exhaust fans, so that could be an issue.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah umm I'll just leave this here
:psyduck:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Is that a bathtub/shower setup where the shower is connected to both hot and hot (or possibly both cold and cold) water?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Dunno if it's hot hot or cold cold. I haven't tested it yet and guys are here replacing my hot water tank so can't see how it all works. With galvelized pipe at the end of the tun and a sink supply hose to connect the copper to the gslvrnized unions

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

tater_salad posted:

Yeah umm I'll just leave this here
:psyduck:

I don't see what the problem is, other than I don't think I would trust those hoses out of sight in a wall cavity.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

I don't see what the problem is, other than I don't think I would trust those hoses out of sight in a wall cavity.

That and mixing metals. Whenever you go galvanized to copper you should have a dielectric fitting.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

There is Zero reason why this isn't copper all the way... That galv looks to be newer than the copper line.. it's dumb.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

tater_salad posted:

There is Zero reason why this isn't copper all the way... That galv looks to be newer than the copper line.. it's dumb.

One reason, the DIYer was afraid to braize copper, so just bought threaded pipe they could find.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm thinking the brass stuff likely came with the new bath fittings, the galv (going up to a showerhead?) and the copper supply just visible down at the bottom of the picture was already there, and the flex is there to make everything fit. Gonna guess an older shower/bath was torn out and the newer mess retrofitted in, without the assistance of an actual plumber.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

Flow rate. Those flexible tubes are maybe half the diameter of the galvanized. At least they could have run PEX and gotten the ease of install without losing flow.

That is going to be the shittiest shower ever.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Leperflesh posted:

I'm thinking the brass stuff likely came with the new bath fittings, the galv (going up to a showerhead?) and the copper supply just visible down at the bottom of the picture was already there, and the flex is there to make everything fit. Gonna guess an older shower/bath was torn out and the newer mess retrofitted in, without the assistance of an actual plumber.

There's no way the galvanized would have been original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

Tub is original. Somewhere along the lines someone put on a new set of faucets etc or they had a leak in the galvelized so they ran the copper but then were afraid to solder the copper so they used the threaded pipe to make it all fit.

Confirmed it is at least plumbed correctly so we can mix hot and cold.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 20, 2020