Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Rovert promised me a blood sacrifice of 20 Smackdown women/men. Why did he lie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oh but seriously I posted:

Rovert promised me a blood sacrifice of 20 Smackdown women/men. Why did he lie?

"Up to 20 Smackdown staff" So it could be anywhere from 0-20 and he could still claim he was right.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Is he talking about David Starr? I’ve heard this talking point before, that David just panders with lefty politics in order to get attention to get signed.

It’s never made much sense to me, because even if that was his gambit his constant union talk has surely made him persona non grata with WWE, and I doubt AEW or NJPW are keen on it, either.

e: also I like making fun of rovert and all and they shouldn’t be in their own thread because that’s creepy, but also we don’t really need to post every single bad/rude tweet of theirs in here

Pinstripe Hourglass fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 20, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

rovert is a cretin who will do & say anything to get attention, just loving stop giving it to him already for goodness sake.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

rovert is a cretin who will do & say anything to get attention, just loving stop giving it to him already for goodness sake.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Is there a way to mute a specific word on the forum? Asking for an individuals sanity.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Red is Dead posted:

Is there a way to mute a specific word on the forum? Asking for an individuals sanity.

I already tried to get "Naito" banned, it didn't work :negative:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

gently caress outta here with potato jokes, at least come up with something original. it's very cool to make fun of like a quarter of a country's population dying due to government negligence because you don't like a twitter weirdo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

itt we really out here gettin offended about potato jokes

are you gonna scold people for doing a bad italian accent next

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

"Up to 20 Smackdown staff" So it could be anywhere from 0-20 and he could still claim he was right.
No, he said "upwards of" 20, so 20 is the floor.

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1250989099105779713

No surprise that Coward Rovert is a liar.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
this is the quarantine thread for non-cornette idiot wrestling opinions and it should stay that way, bring on the rovert

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I personally find Rovert post funnier than the endless stream of chuds or people with the IQ of a child being weird to women.

I guess the whole thread is bad.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

David Starr is a dipshit too(won't embrace Gay Space Communism) so he's fair game.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gumball Gumption posted:

I personally find Rovert post funnier than the endless stream of chuds or people with the IQ of a child being weird to women.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the thing about posting about rovert is he clearly reads the sa threads and gets off on it whenever he gets brought up

sure he's a stupid wrestling fan and worth mocking but also like it's the same old poo poo he had been pulling before, just with other people posting his responses by proxy

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I keep hoping my tweets would get accidentally shown here. That would be a big honor for me. But alas, most of my wrestling opinions are good.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

coconono posted:

I keep hoping my tweets would get accidentally shown here. That would be a big honor for me. But alas, most of my wrestling opinions are good.

no it's just that you need to be ostensibly a wrestling fan

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Endless Mike posted:

No surprise that Coward Rovert is a liar.

The Assassination of Wrestling Twitter by the Coward Rovert Ford

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

flatluigi posted:

the thing about posting about rovert is he clearly reads the sa threads and gets off on it whenever he gets brought up

Yeah, I don't think people get that he hasn't stopped browsing the forums and doesn't go to just the big threads. He goes to the smaller ones too. He even reads the LGBT+ thread which was a surprise to me. Used one of my posts in there to try to dunk on Dave for not being able to perfectly convey what a pansexual is.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Procrastinator posted:

no it's just that you need to be ostensibly a wrestling fan

I watched 100 hours wwwe network once.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Alaois posted:

itt we really out here gettin offended about potato jokes

are you gonna scold people for doing a bad italian accent next

eh, not really offended just more like... really, you can't come up with anything better when talking about an irish dude? just some "hur hur potatoes lol" lowest common denominator poo poo? if you're gonna make fun of a bunch of people dying then at least be funny.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

sleepwalkers posted:

eh, not really offended just more like... really, you can't come up with anything better when talking about an irish dude? just some "hur hur potatoes lol" lowest common denominator poo poo? if you're gonna make fun of a bunch of people dying then at least be funny.

But Sleepwalkers, I thought the Irish were supposed to have potatoes.

Not just little tater tots.

Heh heh.

Tater tots.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tater tots rule

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
what’s taters eh

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Gumball Gumption posted:

What if a rovert post managed to combine both chuddiness AND being weird about women?

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1252051954911588353?s=20

Vandar fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 20, 2020

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Most (statistic fact)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

sleepwalkers posted:

Sorry "mate" I can't be "arsed" to learn anything else about Ireland than that. It's this or leprechauns.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hasn't it been proven that like 60% of WWE's audience votes Democrat?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no they dont vote at all

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh cool, every terrible flavor in one awful meal. I guess I also hate Rovert tweets now.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hasn't it been proven that like 60% of WWE's audience votes Democrat?

There was a survey in 2013 that floats around a bunch that found WWE to be left leaning but incredibly low turnout, but this is really only one data point, and I don't think there's much else that talks about it that I've seen: https://www.businessinsider.com/politics-sports-you-like-2013-3 and it might also be more easily correlated by demographics rather than sports preference.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vandar posted:

What if a rovert post managed to combine both chuddiness AND being weird about women?

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1252051954911588353?s=20

You've definitely quote tweeted getfiscal in a rage.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

If half your audience gets mad at you because they can't figure out if you're joking or being wildly offensive the problem isn't the audience.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

If half your audience gets mad at you because they can't figure out if you're joking or being wildly offensive the problem isn't the audience.

Would seem it might be the audience if the audience has to lie about the person and falls for obvious troll posts. Because both have happened in the last two days, especially the lying.

Meanwhile when I think rovert has posted something stupid I just reply and say it's wrong and don't have to lie about it. Seems to work pretty well.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Please, post 800 more Mike Kurtz tweets instead, lord knows those are all just as scintillating every time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Please, post 800 more Mike Kurtz tweets instead, lord knows those are all just as scintillating every time.

Mike Kurtz hasn't been tweeting lately so I haven't had anything to post and since I'm not a liar I don't just make up things about him.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is there some big Rovert secret we don't know/get? Like, he's said enough lovely stuff that he doesn't really deserve the benefit of the doubt on his troll tweets so I kind of just don't get how you don't see lovely intent? What in our experiences with him say that we shouldn't be talking those sorts of posts at face value?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

MassRafTer posted:

You've definitely quote tweeted getfiscal in a rage.

Please don’t compare Irish Trevor with somebody who is actually funny and good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dude got banned for being a racist prick about ACH, he's STILL being a racist prick about ACH but yeah I'm sure he's just joking about this poo poo. FOH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Is there some big Rovert secret we don't know/get? Like, he's said enough lovely stuff that he doesn't really deserve the benefit of the doubt on his troll tweets so I kind of just don't get how you don't see lovely intent? What in our experiences with him say that we shouldn't be talking those sorts of posts at face value?

Because he actually posts about his politics and only idiots fall for blatant troll posts. Just yesterday we had people lying about him being a MAGA right wing CHUD which is just a stupid lie. So basically you are all just riling yourselves up about less artfully done getfiscal posts and then lying about how it's justified.