Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cavauro posted:

What's up Ehud.

hey man just spending valuable seconds of my life consuming all the draft content I can find even though I know the miami dolphins will make all the wrong moves :coolfish:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ehud posted:

hey man just spending valuable seconds of my life consuming all the draft content I can find even though I know the miami dolphins will make all the wrong moves :coolfish:

Print the therapy bills

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mother fuckin ehuddie. is a good friend to have

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Cavauro posted:

quote:

12 Again the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord, and because they did this evil the Lord gave Eglon king of Moab power over Israel. 13 Getting the Ammonites and Amalekites to join him, Eglon came and attacked Israel, and they took possession of the City of Palms.[a] 14 The Israelites were subject to Eglon king of Moab for eighteen years.

15 Again the Israelites cried out to the Lord, and he gave them a deliverer—Ehud, a left-handed man, the son of Gera the Benjamite. The Israelites sent him with tribute to Eglon king of Moab. 16 Now Ehud had made a double-edged sword about a cubit[b] long, which he strapped to his right thigh under his clothing. 17 He presented the tribute to Eglon king of Moab, who was a very fat man. 18 After Ehud had presented the tribute, he sent on their way those who had carried it. 19 But on reaching the stone images near Gilgal he himself went back to Eglon and said, “Your Majesty, I have a secret message for you.”

The king said to his attendants, “Leave us!” And they all left.

20 Ehud then approached him while he was sitting alone in the upper room of his palace[c] and said, “I have a message from God for you.” As the king rose from his seat, 21 Ehud reached with his left hand, drew the sword from his right thigh and plunged it into the king’s belly. 22 Even the handle sank in after the blade, and his bowels discharged. Ehud did not pull the sword out, and the fat closed in over it. 23 Then Ehud went out to the porch[d]; he shut the doors of the upper room behind him and locked them.

24 After he had gone, the servants came and found the doors of the upper room locked. They said, “He must be relieving himself in the inner room of the palace.” 25 They waited to the point of embarrassment, but when he did not open the doors of the room, they took a key and unlocked them. There they saw their lord fallen to the floor, dead.

26 While they waited, Ehud got away. He passed by the stone images and escaped to Seirah. 27 When he arrived there, he blew a trumpet in the hill country of Ephraim, and the Israelites went down with him from the hills, with him leading them.

28 “Follow me,” he ordered, “for the Lord has given Moab, your enemy, into your hands.” So they followed him down and took possession of the fords of the Jordan that led to Moab; they allowed no one to cross over. 29 At that time they struck down about ten thousand Moabites, all vigorous and strong; not one escaped. 30 That day Moab was made subject to Israel, and the land had peace for eighty years.

Guess the fins are taking an o lineman

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't deal well with boredom and basically I'm full on dreading what it will be like when the draft is over.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
There are 16 episodes

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lecUJVX8gco

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Eifert Posting posted:

I don't deal well with boredom and basically I'm full on dreading what it will be like when the draft is over.

I'm hoping that boredom is the worst emotion I feel after draft night. Expecting homicidal rage

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Cavauro posted:

sick s hirt

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants "have spent a lot of time researching Oregon QB Justin Herbert, a process that's included FaceTime conversations with coach Joe Judge."

Gotta love draft rumor season. It'd be borderline malpractice if the Giants move on from Daniel Jones after he undoubtedly exceeded expectations as a rookie, parlaying a dominant preseason campaign into a regular season that consisted of 3,027 yards, 24 TDs and just 12 INTs. It was particularly entertaining and fruitful from a fantasy perspective, as only Lamar Jackson (7) had more games with at least 30 fantasy points than Jones (3) at the QB position.

do it gettleman you fat gently caress

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

lol ok dave we believe you

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Ehud posted:

Peter Kings likely last bug column before the draft. Oh no Dolphins!

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-2020-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

Herbert is the hog molly of QBs this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Read far enough to wonder, then got to New England's trade up and realized this is a Peter King what the Pats want to happen mock draft.

e: I should say skimmed far enough to wonder, because whew after actually reading some of that.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 20, 2020

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

no

also

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1252248021120638978?s=20

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

Jones had three good games, against powerhouses Detroit, NYJ, and Washington, mixed with a bunch of lovely ones. Replace him!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Aren't those all projected as mid-late 1st rounders? Unless they're going top 10 I dont think they can go much higher than anticipated.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

This is a really fun article by yahoo. Love to see which picks fans love and hate for all the franchises.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/boom-or-bust-vote-for-each-nfl-teams-best-and-worst-draft-pick-of-the-past-20-years-154834755.html

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

chilihead posted:

This is a really fun article by yahoo. Love to see which picks fans love and hate for all the franchises.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/boom-or-bust-vote-for-each-nfl-teams-best-and-worst-draft-pick-of-the-past-20-years-154834755.html

I love that the Jets picking a kicker in the second round doesn't even register as one of their worst decisions. In a poll of four choices Mike Nugent is running 4th right now.

e: getting a little disillusioned going through this. I mean, Antonio Brown for as long as he lasted before going insane in the 6th round isn't the runaway Steelers best pick? Fans are mad at him, sure. But man that was one hell of a win for that franchise. Also disappointed that Bengals fans don't love Geno Atkins enough.

Whole thing seems to be name recognition which makes sense of course. I get it, Gabbert sucked and Jags fans hated watching him. But he at least was able to show up and play games, Justin Blackmon was a higher draft pick.

Also disappointed in Saints fans, Michael Thomas is great but your team's current historically most productive receiver was a damned 7th round pick and is getting no love.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 20, 2020

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

I love that the Jets picking a kicker in the second round doesn't even register as one of their worst decisions. In a poll of four choices Mike Nugent is running 4th right now.

I did not know what Chargers pick to pick for the worst

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Aren't those all projected as mid-late 1st rounders? Unless they're going top 10 I dont think they can go much higher than anticipated.

Taylor is has round 4 or later buzz but otherwise yeah

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Pickles running away with worst for Carolina.

I know MT is good, but he's winning as a 2nd round pick and Marques Colston was the best WR in the team's history only a handful of picks away from being Mr. Irrelevant. wtf are people's memories that short

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The "worst" vote for the Colts is pretty on-point with Bjoern Werner edging out Phillip Dorsett. Werner began the draft process with Top 10 talk but fell all the way to the Colts in the 20s, where Grigson drafted him despite him not being a fit for Pagano's scheme at all (guess what, he wasn't able to adjust and was out of the league in a couple of years).

The "best" vote is kind of dumb though. Reggie Wayne is leading and Freeney is second, and those guys are both awesome, but how is there not more love for finding Robert Mathis in the 5th round?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The Dolphins list was surprisingly not traumatic. The best pick list was an accurate description of why we've been so mediocre for so long though

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

GD_American posted:

Pickles running away with worst for Carolina.

I know MT is good, but he's winning as a 2nd round pick and Marques Colston was the best WR in the team's history only a handful of picks away from being Mr. Irrelevant. wtf are people's memories that short

Short memories for sure. Colston is an all-time steal.

Also Everette Brown is Carolina's worst pick in the last 20 years if we are being accurate. We traded our 2010 first rounder for San Francisco's 2009 second round pick (43rd) and fourth round pick (111th) to take Brown (with the 43rd). Our first rounder the next year ended up being 17th overall. We waived Brown after two seasons.

2010 first round was stacked, so we probably missed out on a Pro Bowl caliber player. San Fran took Mike Iupati with our pick (4x Pro Bowl, 2x All-Pro) and Pitt took Maurkice Pouncey with the next pick (8x Pro Bowl, 5x All-Pro).

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 20, 2020

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm just happy to see Ricky Williams naturally aging off of these lists

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Listen i love cj2k but he is in no way the best pick for the titans lol

We got Jason mccourty in the 6th, Finnegan in the 7th byard in the 3rd and Casey in the 3rd for crying out loud. The best 1st rounder is probably bulluck

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

Listen i love cj2k but he is in no way the best pick for the titans lol

We got Jason mccourty in the 6th, Finnegan in the 7th byard in the 3rd and Casey in the 3rd for crying out loud. The best 1st rounder is probably bulluck

It was Vince

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MattyInfante/status/1252249677237551105?s=20

quote:

A source close to Stephen Ross tells me that the Dolphins owner is talking as though quarterback Justin Herbert is not in the team’s plans with the fifth overall pick. The source tells me that he feels it’s either Tua Tagovailoa with pick number five or a position player at that spot with a later maneuver for Utah State’s Jordan Love, which I wrote about last Friday. PFN has also been reporting since March that it’s likely Love is the next quarterback on their board after Joe Burrow and Tagovailoa, not Herbert.

Who is the position player the Dolphins could take with the fifth pick? Sources tell me it’s Andrew Thomas of Georgia, who would fill a need at left tackle.

If they don’t end up with Thomas, I continue to hear that Ezra Cleveland is a hot name in the Dolphins war room. I’m told the Dolphins would also consider Isaiah Wilson or Josh Jones with their final pick in round one if they don’t select a tackle with their initial two selections. Wilson would fill a hole at right tackle.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

tarbrush posted:

The Dolphins list was surprisingly not traumatic. The best pick list was an accurate description of why we've been so mediocre for so long though

Yes that was my first thought as well. All those teams and our best pick list was the possibly the worst of any team.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
So many smokescreens.

I could absolutely see them going by with two tackles in the first five picks and I'd be totally down with that. I had a look at the depth chart the other day, and currently Jesse Davis is playing both RT and LT.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Grittybeard posted:

Not only that but Nugent was their first pick because they traded their first for that 2nd plus Doug Jolley. And with their other second they took a kick returner who had just gotten a DUI.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1252287112147349505?s=20

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Diva Cupcake posted:

Yeah in our goon draft (a good example of what the average fan is thinking and getting from media) Austin Jackson went 21st overall, Darrell Taylor a few picks later and Reagor in the early 2nd. Diggs didn't go until round 3, that probably won't happen in real life. All of those guys are probably going mid to late first or early second, so not sure how great this scoop really is except as far as confirming some things most people already think

Also from that article:

quote:

Months ago, I mentioned the expectation that the New Orleans Saints will go receiver-heavy in this draft. One pass catcher they like and would consider late in round one is Jalen Reagor of TCU.

Reagor would add significant speed to the receiver spot and offer depth behind Deonte Harris as a kick and punt returner. If the Saints don’t go receiver in the first round, then linebacker will be a consideration as will a highly rated quarterback, if one falls.

I can absolutely see that and he would be a great complement to Michael Thomas

quote:

A number of teams, dare I say half the league, have medically failed Terrell Lewis of Alabama. Lewis missed most of the 2017 season and all of the 2018 campaign, a total of 25 games, with separate injuries.

Lewis tore a ligament in his elbow during the first game of his sophomore season and suffered a torn ACL in his right knee the following summer, which sidelined him for all of 2018.

Bummer for him

i cannot WAIT for this disaster in the making. I'm almost as excited to see how they gently caress it up as to see who each team takes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I’m feeling pretty confident we aren’t going Herbert after yesterday. But man I’m truly scared we aren’t going Tua.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait they’re saying Andrew Thomas + Jordan Love from our round 1?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Amy Pole Her posted:

Wait they’re saying Andrew Thomas + Jordan Love from our round 1?

Depending on how it shakes out, they're still saying Tua is above Love but if they miss out on Tua they'll go tackle, then Love. That's what it seems to be saying

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
as the resident bama homer draft guy--holy gently caress do not draft Diggs in the first round. He was really good in coverage his first year, then after he got hurt never made a tackle ever again

The LSU game in particular is so bad

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So what exactly are the technical challenges for this draft? On paper it's just a phone call to the player, then a phone call to the league, and boom you've made a pick. Maybe a phone call to another team to work out trades. Like you have a secure video conference for your draft team and then you just call everyone else. Right?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

So what exactly are the technical challenges for this draft? On paper it's just a phone call to the player, then a phone call to the league, and boom you've made a pick. Maybe a phone call to another team to work out trades. Like you have a secure video conference for your draft team and then you just call everyone else. Right?

GMs are predominantly old meat heads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It seemed like in the mock draft they actually had all 32 GMs in a persistent conference call to make the picks. That doesn't SEEM like the best way to do it, but maybe that was just them giving instructions or something.

What would make the most sense, it seems, is a special stream for GMs that has all the draft information you need, whos picking who, whose turn it is, how much time they have left, etc. Then you call in your picks/trades. But I'm sure they'll find a way to make it more complicated