Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm sure there are more instruments I need to collect, but I'm running out of room. :ohdear:

There's three different types of pedal boards! I shot one out of a balloon the first day then had to wait until last week for a buddy to send me an actual guitar to go with it.

https://twitter.com/MattSolo734/status/1252244831969009665

Huxley fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Apr 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Got the big news that Nook's will close tomorrow for the upgrade :woop:
I'm not 100% sure how time is calculated, but I did briefly jump forward twice just to unlock the airport and reopen the ticket machine befit syncing back up to normal time, so the upgrade timing may be off a bit.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I'm sure there are more instruments I need to collect, but I'm running out of room. :ohdear:

I have a recipe for street piano which requires an upright piano and painting set.

I can also make an ukulele.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Turnips:99
DIY:Gold Rose Crown (Mathilda)
Sahara:wall-bank vault floor- rockey mountain
Tailor:Cavalier shirt/Muay-Thai shorts/Ballet outfit/Racing outfit/knit caps

New code:
MH63Y

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 20, 2020

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Huxley posted:

There's three different types of pedal boards! I shot one out of a balloon the first day then had to wait until last week for a buddy to send me an actual guitar to go with it.

https://twitter.com/MattSolo734/status/1252244831969009665

What's the item name of that turntable

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

emdash posted:

What's the item name of that turntable

DJ Turntable

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Yeah you're missing the various harps. There's like 5 different colors I think. I said it before but whoever made the model for the harp in the game did almost a perfect job, including the seven pedals on the back with their stair shaped holes. I (used) to play the harp irl so those details are super important.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

So I guess I made a mistake by following Tom Nook’s suggestion and putting down a plot of land before another camper showed up. Purrl just moved in without even coming to the campsite first. I only got to invite villagers from islands 2 times. Is that really all the villagers I get to pick all game?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nessa posted:

So I guess I made a mistake by following Tom Nook’s suggestion and putting down a plot of land before another camper showed up. Purrl just moved in without even coming to the campsite first. I only got to invite villagers from islands 2 times. Is that really all the villagers I get to pick all game?

No, the way that part works is you put down a plot and go to islands immediately to find someone to invite. If you sit on the plot, a rando can move it.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nessa posted:

It's happened both ways for me, I've had some rando show up real quick once, and also had four straight days of nook island visitors to pick through a different time. I think it's just a daily dice roll if you have an open spot.

hambeef
Aug 21, 2004

if anyones been on the fence about buying a third party controller with a turbo button i can vouch that its really upping my animal crossing game to a professional level

https://twitter.com/KulaBoccas/status/1251493513050521601

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
Edit: Closed

Francine is in boxes if anyone wants her. She is a snooty bunny. There are a bunch of freebies in front of her house.

It's just the beginning of the week so turnip prices aren't important. Savanah is in town and it should be raining for at least the next hour. Bunnie is crafting a natural garden chair. She lives on the east side of the island in the house with the table next to it. Able sisters are selling some sort of host jacket and Samurai helmets. Nooklings have rose, tulip and windflower seeds.

Please do not trample or pick flowers. If you need fruit, take fruit. If anyone has cosmos or lilies I'd love to have some.

Tanyu fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Apr 20, 2020

Henker
May 5, 2009

hambeef posted:

if anyones been on the fence about buying a third party controller with a turbo button i can vouch that its really upping my animal crossing game to a professional level

https://twitter.com/KulaBoccas/status/1251493513050521601

I have a Hori split pad and the turbo button is amazing for crafting bait. I can just walk away for a few min while they all craft.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

glassyalabolas posted:

I have a recipe for street piano which requires an upright piano and painting set.

I can also make an ukulele.

I have them both already, but thanks!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

fit em all up in there posted:

Turnips:99
DIY:Gold Rose Crown (Mathilda)
Sahara:wall-bank vault floor- rockey mountain
Tailor:Cavalier shirt/Muay-Thai shorts/Ballet outfit/Racing outfit/knit caps

New code:
MH63Y

Got disconnected.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

O’Hare is DIYing Gold-armor shoes here on Sålthaven. Take your first right and his house is at the end of the path. I’m sorry about the massive, framerate-chewing wall of bugs at the entrance. I started it hoping Flick would show up the morning after a late-night island run, but now it’s a sunk cost thing. Also the island is a mess, lots of renovation to do and a lot of it is dedicated to flower breeding. PLEASE DON’T TRAMPLE OR PICK ANY FLOWERS.

The DIY cards on the ground are up for grabs. I wouldn’t mind some lily seeds if ya’ got em.

Dodo code is TEMPORARILY CLOSED TILL WE CLEAR SOME FOLKS OUT O’Hare decided to play on the beach in the rain so we’re done for now, thanks for visiting everyone!

EDIT: Oh god the FPS-eating wall is worse with multiple people, hahaha.

runchild fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Apr 20, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Henker posted:

I have a Hori split pad and the turbo button is amazing for crafting bait. I can just walk away for a few min while they all craft.

gently caress that's genius

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Gotta imagine this game isn't just selling systems, but also all kinds of peripheral hardware. I got a second pro for it (thinking that single-screen co-op would be at all worthwhile)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

runchild posted:

O’Hare is DIYing Gold-armor shoes here on Sålthaven. Take your first right and his house is at the end of the path. I’m sorry about the massive, framerate-chewing wall of bugs at the entrance. I started it hoping Flick would show up the morning after a late-night island run, but now it’s a sunk cost thing. Also the island is a mess, lots of renovation to do and a lot of it is dedicated to flower breeding. PLEASE DON’T TRAMPLE OR PICK ANY FLOWERS.

The DIY cards on the ground are up for grabs. I wouldn’t mind some lily seeds if ya’ got em.

Dodo code is TEMPORARILY CLOSED TILL WE CLEAR SOME FOLKS OUT

EDIT: Oh god the FPS-eating wall is worse with multiple people, hahaha.

Thanks for opening up! Now I got shoes to go with the armor!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

runchild posted:

I’m sorry about the massive, framerate-chewing wall of bugs at the entrance.

Keep it, it looks like you're heading in to a busy freight harbor when you're flying in, lol.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Captain Hygiene posted:

Keep it, it looks like you're heading in to a busy freight harbor when you're flying in, lol.

lmao this is incredible

island goals: https://twitter.com/radiostarkiller/status/1252073393098125313

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Before I open back up, is there a way to see a list of who’s on my island? At one point I thought there was only one person left but there was still 3 of y’all.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Haha thanks, but that frame rate drop is some real poo poo. Also it’s half a tile off from the path on the right side and fixing it would SUUUUUCK. Whenever Flick shows his face again I’ll liquidate it and make bank.

Okay, reopening, code is still 289H9. See previous post for other deets. Oh crap, never mind, O’Hare is out on the beach now. Closed up.

runchild fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 20, 2020

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

runchild posted:

Before I open back up, is there a way to see a list of who’s on my island? At one point I thought there was only one person left but there was still 3 of y’all.

Yeah, the minus button lets you see everyone visiting. Just don't hit the button blindly, it defaults to the "done for now" option.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

runchild posted:

Haha thanks, but that frame rate drop is some real poo poo. Whenever Flicks shows his face again I’ll liquidate it and make bank.

Press Minus button and you can see the passports of everyone still on your island.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why is my Nooks not upgrading I've been playing since day 1 like everybody else

Tanyu
Feb 19, 2011
Edit: Closed

Island is still open. I don't need anymore flowers thanks to some kind goons. I do have freebies to give away. Turnip prices aren't great. Rex is crafting an orange umbrella. He lives in the upper west side of the island with a clothesline next to his house. It's still raining.

Tanyu fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Apr 20, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Did you get it built asap? Datamining says it's 30 days from when it's built, I think it'd only be upgrading today if you had paid off your tent before 5am on March the 20th, then given Tommy all the materials after 5am on the 20th?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

:psyduck:

I just learned that my partner has a 4 star island but had not gotten the upgraded Nook shop.

I didn't think that was possible??

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Same... :(

I'm tired of crafting new tools, I just wanna buy the upgraded ones.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I just learned that my partner has a 4 star island but had not gotten the upgraded Nook shop.

You could conceivably hit 5 stars at any point after getting 8 villagers. It just takes enough decorating.

https://www.belltreeforums.com/threads/full-island-rating-guide.509286/

Upgraded Nooks is only worth 15 points in the "Development" category - the same as a bridge or slope.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

I have had a 4 star island for almost a week now and no upgraded Nook shop. We started playing the moment it went live and were pretty quick to get the upgrades for the early stuff. Dunno what the deal is.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imPV93Byfww

You want fossils? I got fossils! So many fossils!

Visit Carcosa and get yours today!

2S5SV

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

No, the way that part works is you put down a plot and go to islands immediately to find someone to invite. If you sit on the plot, a rando can move it.

I go to Mystery Islands every single day, but I haven’t seen anyone on them since I invited Ketchup, who was the second one I invited after Stitches. Tom moved June in once I got the three houses built. How am I supposed to encounter villagers on mystery islands again?

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
drat, villagers can give some awesome gifts. Diva just gave me a 'throwback skull radio'. A giant, silver skull. When not playing music, the top of the skull opens up. When playing music, the loving eyes glow! So cool. You're a star, Diva :3:

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

poemdexter posted:

I have had a 4 star island for almost a week now and no upgraded Nook shop. We started playing the moment it went live and were pretty quick to get the upgrades for the early stuff. Dunno what the deal is.
Same boat.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I got 5 stars last week, and will probably upgrade my shop sometime this week. You just need to decorate a lot.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Nessa posted:

I go to Mystery Islands every single day, but I haven’t seen anyone on them since I invited Ketchup, who was the second one I invited after Stitches. Tom moved June in once I got the three houses built. How am I supposed to encounter villagers on mystery islands again?

If you have no open plots, you won't see anyone on islands. Buy a plot, put it down, check islands. You can have 10 villagers max. A plot is open if it's empty and the sign doesn't say sold. (Apparently a plot can return to this state if a villager moves out.)

If you're not seeing anyone when you have a plot open, I don't know what's up.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Can't wait for North Hemi to switch from spiders to scorpions. Also I haven't seen a scorpion for weeks.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

You can also only have two villagers "queued up," one moving in the next day, and one the day after. If you've already got two lined up, you won't find any more on islands even if you have more open plots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Fistful of Silence posted:

I really recommend bait for pier fish like tuna (and only for pier fish — there are reasonable ways to get all the others). I fish a lot and always check for pier fish when I go by, and the pier fish are so rare. I’d recommend to save yourself the annoyance and use bait for the tuna.

Yeah I've never seen a fish spawn near the pier (well, okay, once: on a mystery island near Wilbur, which turned out to be a blue marlin). I've actually been using them in the clifftop river because I've actually never seen any fish spawn there either. I'm still looking for a char there, but they don't show up until evening or night.