Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

GreyjoyBastard posted:

this sounds like a really interesting data science project, shame about the pitch-black unremitting evil
Get me the Wobblies, I got a new data mining app idea that I think I can sell them on funding.

Rate My Supervisor, it's like Rate My Professor meets FML and identifies unhappy workers with dick bosses and unsafe work environments.

Edit: That was the wrong quote

Tibalt fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Koalas March posted:

I still don't know what statement this woman is trying to make.

"I'm a loving idiot" is all I can surmise.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

it looks like its mostly weird evangelical psychos and shits. its not even out of work boomers who are scared, its loving dead eyed chuds.

so why is it dying so hard?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oops

https://mobile.twitter.com/PennLive/status/1252281908513452032

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Really curious to see how many protestors are sick in 2 weeks.

Also any protestor with a loving mask is a coward and a hypocrite.

This is my knee-jerk feeling, but to give them far more credit then they deserve, I feel like the argument could be that we could get on doing things "normally" but wearing masks. (I don't agree obviously.)

Anyone saying it's a hoax and wearing a mask though...

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/alibreland/status/1252038215055351813

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

that sucks if true. but my guess is alot of it is just moneyed assholes starting dickhead groups.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Oh there’s no doubt that these rallies aren’t aggrieved out of work people desperate to get back to making a living. Maybe a small amount of them are but the vast majority of them are Trumpers using this as a replacement for the lack of Trump rallies coming to town. It’s so obvious when you can’t spot a single loving minority ANYWHERE.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Biden has spent weeks directly ripping Trumps awful response and actions regarding the virus on Twitter with tons of video ads and tons of interviews with the usual news channels.

"Ripping" is an extremely generous way of putting it. Everything I've seen from Biden is beyond mild, especially compared to what Trump is slinging back at the Dems. Let me know when he starts saying that Trump is directly responsible for people's deaths.

booseek posted:

I can assure you that Democrats are going to attack Trump over the roni.

I'm sure they will; my point is, how hard are they going to attack him on it? How effective will it be? Because there was a lot to attack him on in 2016 that they just positively bungled, and I don't see much reason to believe that they learned the right lessons from four years ago.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

that shits gonna be kicked back further because of these pricks.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Why are gun people always fat and have huge heads?

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that sucks if true. but my guess is alot of it is just moneyed assholes starting dickhead groups.
I thought they traced the Re-open Michigan group to a DeVos political operative, and Whitmer even called him out.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Majorian posted:

"Ripping" is an extremely generous way of putting it. Everything I've seen from Biden is beyond mild, especially compared to what Trump is slinging back at the Dems. Let me know when he starts saying that Trump is directly responsible for people's deaths.

Well we’re not even into the GE campaign yet. I believe only some never Trumper super pac is even running TV ads yet, in a couple states. Besides that it’s all just one off Twitter videos fishing for retweets and then disappearing into the ether.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
One guy registering unused domains is a totally different thing from who is behind the copy/pasted facebook movement

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Also, I ordered my KKK hood to keep one from going to a real member

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 20, 2020

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

The websites aren't blank. They all have the same "gun rights" screed on them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dapper_Swindler posted:

No one is driving except truckers and many petroleum-based industries are shut down. Demand is minuscule and production is far too high. And you can't just shut off an oil well like a faucet and turn it back on later.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Majorian posted:

I'm sure they will; my point is, how hard are they going to attack him on it? How effective will it be? Because there was a lot to attack him on in 2016 that they just positively bungled, and I don't see much reason to believe that they learned the right lessons from four years ago.

He’s certainly willing to blame Trump for “not holding China responsible” for SARS-CoV-2. :smith:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/viaCristiano/status/1252285921959055361

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1252288063713218560

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 20, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Tibalt posted:

I thought they traced the Re-open Michigan group to a DeVos political operative, and Whitmer even called him out.

probably.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Dapper_Swindler posted:

nobody is using it, and all the places to store it are full, is what i have been led to understand

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Pick posted:

Oil traded at $4.04/barrel.

I'm going to buy a bunch of barrels, dump the oil and then use the barrels to build a boat for the inevitable global warming flooding!

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

How much did the tax cuts in 2018 raise the deficit again?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well we’re not even into the GE campaign yet. I believe only some never Trumper super pac is even running TV ads yet, in a couple states. Besides that it’s all just one off Twitter videos fishing for retweets and then disappearing into the ether.

Right now, this is what we're seeing from Biden's camp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmieUrXwKCc

It's...not exactly cutting. You can say "we're not even into the GE campaign yet," but again, so far I'm not seeing much reason to believe that the Dems are equipped to beat Trump in November.

Stickman posted:

He’s certainly willing to blame Trump for “not holding China responsible” for SARS-CoV-2. :smith:

Yeah, that's in the ad above, and it's such a weird thing to throw in there.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much did the tax cuts in 2018 raise the deficit again?
I think it was supposed to cost $2 trillion over a decade

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Oils at $1 a barrel.

Buy some a bury it in your backyard until it goes up again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Oils at $1 a barrel.

Buy some a bury it in your backyard until it goes up again.

It's spring, dinosaurs are going to sprout

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Let me know when they start paying me to take oil, I got some spare closet space

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

When’s the last time oil was this cheap, 1895?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When’s the last time oil was this cheap, 1895?

A stack overflow in railroad tycoon

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

it looks like its mostly weird evangelical psychos and shits. its not even out of work boomers who are scared, its loving dead eyed chuds.

I think I've driven a grand total of 5 miles in the last month and a half. Multiply that by like, billions of people (probably) and you'll see why oil is so low right now.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Countdown to Trump's tweet "I MADE FUEL CHEAP AGAIN MAGA" ?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

canepazzo posted:

Countdown to Trump's tweet "I MADE FUEL CHEAP AGAIN MAGA" ?

He’s more worried about the domestic oil industry collapsing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh my god didn't trump say that about gas right at the outset of all this? Lmao

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
https://twitter.com/greenfield64/status/1252250288406196224?s=20

not exactly the number i'd like to bank my hopes on, but eh i'll take it

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Charliegrs posted:

I think I've driven a grand total of 5 miles in the last month and a half. Multiply that by like, billions of people (probably) and you'll see why oil is so low right now.

That and Saudi and Russia are having a dick measuring contest and upping oil production to try to force the other one to the table.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Most believable thing I've read in awhile.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Oh wow you guys weren't kidding

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1252289363792314371?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Long thread on hostory trying to repeat. Ignore the typo 2018 should be 1918.
https://twitter.com/timkmak/status/1251936242834563073

https://threader.app/thread/1251936242834563073