Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Doggles posted:

In the beginning of April, Mr. Fain announced that he was forgoing six months (through the end of September) of his $1,100,000 base salary which turns out to be around $550,000.

What a brave hero, I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Shame Boy posted:

What a brave hero, I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers

hes a patriot and should be respected above all others

necroid
May 14, 2009

lol @ how cartoonishly evil these people are

also lol @ our capitalist society that has normalized stuff like this to the point where you see news like this and shrug

e: also lol somebody changed my obama avatar whyyy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/THE_REAL_BIGJEZ/status/1252132635955978240

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

necroid
May 14, 2009

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

What Guardian article is this from?

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Grevling posted:

What Guardian article is this from?

Close but it's the Times

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Peanut President posted:

he could've also charged people 5 bucks to u-pick, and he probably would've made a profit!! Californians are the stupidest mother fuckers on earth

Sure, but the farm is probably hundreds of miles from the bulk of people who would want it ?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

AceClown posted:

Close but it's the Times

I don't think you understand, I'm a career woman, I need these Lesser Women to handle the stupid things for little people that I can't be bothered with.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

true liberty is when the overclass has the same color palette as the untermenschen

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Reminds me of this thing in the NYTimes a few days ago about how to handwash clothes, because apparently that's not something people knew how to do through like, basic common sense: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/16/style/how-to-handwash-your-clothes.html

The true tragedy of this coronavirus is rich people having to do domestic work outside of like, hobby cooking once a week.

On the other hand though, if it leads to more people realising their lifestyles are lovely and exploitative maybe that's a win?

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

bike tory posted:

On the other hand though, if it leads to more people realising their lifestyles are lovely and exploitative maybe that's a win?

lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah I haven't totally dealt with people, even on these same forums, whining about using gig economy poo poo for everything now

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lancemantis posted:

yeah I haven't totally dealt with people, even on these same forums, whining about using gig economy poo poo for everything now

They are just patriots supporting the economy.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Every time I order taco bell while high and bored I'm respecting America

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

T-man posted:

Every time I order taco bell while high and bored I'm respecting America a job creator

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I miss Taco Bell so much. I want a taco twelve pack

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I remember a low point in my history of getting 6 pack & a pounds from Taco Johns for individual consumption

its the secret combo meal for fat people

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

"a pounds"?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I see they’re openly leaning into fat guy brain now :smith:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/dunkman/status/1252295703688212480?s=21

:toot:

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

lancemantis posted:

I see they’re openly leaning into fat guy brain now :smith:

lmao a POUND of tater tots

TACO JOHN SAYS EAT EM ALL YOU FAT SHITS

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

owl_pellet posted:

Really, on 4/20? The holiest day for stoners. A pound of tatertots and a few grams is a right of passage.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

owl_pellet posted:

Yes a pound of fried tater tots will indeed give you the fat shits

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/JakeSwearingen/status/1252249882380980224

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

owl_pellet posted:

lancemantis posted:

Yes a pound of fried tater tots will indeed give you the fat shits

the only better way to die on the toilet making GBS threads myself inside out would be from garlic bread :patriot:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

cleaning out my garage to store a hundred barrels of oil for when it goes back up to $50

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

https://twitter.com/pangmeli/status/1252409741608796160

throw it on the pile of 'reasons to abolish landlords'

this is not some secret video either, you can find it on ReMax page. They just don't give a poo poo

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Like for 69 cents I would totally buy a barrel of crude oil just for funsies. I assume you'd have to pay for the actual barrel though so that might suck, I wonder if I can just show up at the oil well with a bucket...

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Because we care about our employees, we built an advanced system to track OSHA violations around our company, keep on top of employee complaints, and to see how we're doing on racial diversity! Wow, thank you Jeff Bezos!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

Like for 69 cents I would totally buy a barrel of crude oil just for funsies. I assume you'd have to pay for the actual barrel though so that might suck, I wonder if I can just show up at the oil well with a bucket...

The minimum is 1000 barrels so you'd need a lot of buckets.

You also need to show up in Cushing, Oklahoma.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My wife has a teleconference on one of her screens as she works from home that's the executives of her company saying the usual bullshit, and I noticed that one of the execs is very clearly on a yacht :allears:

e: On a yacht, talking about how they don't have to cut jobs yet, but they might when this is over because some branches "might not be useful anymore after this crisis", and they promise they'll be very generous like they always have been if they have to do layoffs.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

To be clear it's a company that makes software that handles insurance company payments, so the only thing that could possibly make it less useful would be if Bernie had won.

At least it's payments from insurance companies to hospitals and pharmacies and not like, debt collection...

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

My wife has a teleconference on one of her screens as she works from home that's the executives of her company saying the usual bullshit, and I noticed that one of the execs is very clearly on a yacht :allears:

e: On a yacht, talking about how they don't have to cut jobs yet, but they might when this is over because some branches "might not be useful anymore after this crisis", and they promise they'll be very generous like they always have been if they have to do layoffs.

incredible lol

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Shame Boy posted:

To be clear it's a company that makes software that handles insurance company payments, so the only thing that could possibly make it less useful would be if Bernie had won.

At least it's payments from insurance companies to hospitals and pharmacies and not like, debt collection...

Hrm. That's what my company does and our business is booming. We don't really handle payments, though. We tell our customers (health systems and doctors offices) if an invoice is underpaid by insurance. We also offer collection services, but many of our customers do it themselves. We get a yearly support fee, plus some sort of fee for collecting, if we do it.

In the future we will offer a new product to display master charge prices to patients based on their coverage and the facility's agreement with the patient's insurance company.

My point is, though, anyone ensuring that insurance companies pay what they agree should be recession proof. Openly contemplating layoffs after this is over is a bad sign.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

anonumos posted:

Hrm. That's what my company does and our business is booming. We don't really handle payments, though. We tell our customers (health systems and doctors offices) if an invoice is underpaid by insurance. We also offer collection services, but many of our customers do it themselves. We get a yearly support fee, plus some sort of fee for collecting, if we do it.

In the future we will offer a new product to display master charge prices to patients based on their coverage and the facility's agreement with the patient's insurance company.

My point is, though, anyone ensuring that insurance companies pay what they agree should be recession proof. Openly contemplating layoffs after this is over is a bad sign.

Yeah I think the dude was speaking to the entire health like, subdivision (?) of the parent company, and not the specific sub-company my wife works at. Plus he was being very wishy-washy about the whole thing in a way I think he thought instilled a sense of security because he kept reiterating that they were doing fine during this crisis and if there's layoffs they won't be until later and we'll be VERY NICE about them, so who knows what they're actually talking about.

Her job sucks anyway and she needs to get a new one

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

A friend of mine just agreed to a week of furlough because between unemployment plus the extra $600 on top of normal unemployment the government is supposed to be throwing in he's going to make more than he would at work.

Of course after he agreed to just a week off they laid off all level 1 tech support and the upcoming tech support trainees. They previously lowered the salaries of every salaried person, lowered commission bonuses for the people on commission, stop 401k matching, and fired hourly folks who had been there since the company started.

He's a little worried about his decision now because it's looking like "just a week" is going to turn into longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
plenty of orgs are going to lay people off either way because why let the opportunity to blame it on a crisis go to waste?