Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Buying goons goldbelly with my 2 million dollar forgivable sba loan... That's the dream baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
yes, Legal Zoom is unironically good and will work, it's made for idiots like us to set up Official Businesses for our idiot purposes

I'd recommend getting a PO Box, here's the list of steps you can follow for 'free':

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/forming-nonprofit-corporation-delaware-36056.html

the reason legal zoom and poo poo exist is the same reason that turbotax or wahtever exist, sure you can do it yourself, but it's prboably going to take you more than $200 of time to unfuck up the kafkaesk bullshit that is Corporate Law

usually the hard part in all this is (a) finding people to provide a steady stream of contributions for (b) an actual charitable purpose, of which providing grants to members of the community in need clearly qualifies, but if you're doing this, it's like 2-3 hours of paperwork and a week waiting

edit: https://www.legalzoom.com/sem/biz/nonprofit.html, $100 package should be fine

rabble rabble has issued a correction as of 02:22 on Apr 14, 2020

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
you will set up a nonprofit charter and lay out the rules of your organization, which will adhere to Corporate Best Practices, like establishing some kind of program to parcel out the funds, and then you will Follow These Rules and record your poo poo in an actual online file storage somewhere. if you do this, you will not run afoul of the law

just try and pretend like you're Official and you will be, that's the whole secret to business

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when do i get to buy commissioned paintings of my cats at auction?

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
edit: finally deleware is overkill sorry I'm high as hell, just do your local state it's totally fine, you're not looking to do complex deal structures for some mA thing lmao gently caress it just maybe not your home HOME address is all

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
well first I would be very concerned that someone else commissioned a painting of your cats only to sell it back to you at auction, but i,m not here to judge, just to point out that if your charity program somehow is benefited by making that purchase, and your Non-Profit Board has no issues with it well then hell,, expenses are expenses

note that this is perhaps NOT In following with "Corporate Best Practices" mentioned earlier, as you would be hard pressed (right now) to explain how the paintings would be a critical expense

OR WOULD YOU???

edit: I'm a loving idiot and you were the oone who comissioned the paitings FOR THE AUCTION TO BUY THEM BACK LIKE DONALD TRUMP WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OH MY HGsdafsdasd asds adsd

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

rabble rabble posted:

hello friends, I was going to post these in the bernie toxx thread, but in case anyone needs, here are some account reg gift certificates:

DF26CAB-916ADAAC26-3825C
7D6D650-D7FEDC87FD-7D15F
8D62087-DAA5BF925D-CD08B
61EF7F9-258E4A3485-2A08F
ECED6AC-1B5E178AC2-CB277

and platinum:

F8AAA96-7FF53F2167-4F091
351ED3F-E833550A80-34A45
07E7A86-D4AF5A5E67-24A95
91A90F4-64B5EFA2CF-C3DCC
D5B73D4-AD5F01B789-C7393

feel free to share with those goons in need,

hail satan

Used 351 for plat - thanks!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rabble rabble posted:

edit: I'm a loving idiot and you were the oone who comissioned the paitings FOR THE AUCTION TO BUY THEM BACK LIKE DONALD TRUMP WHO IS THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OH MY HGsdafsdasd asds adsd

now you're getting it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

rabble rabble posted:

well first I would be very concerned that someone else commissioned a painting of your cats only to sell it back to you at auction, but i,m not here to judge, just to point out that if your charity program somehow is benefited by making that purchase, and your Non-Profit Board has no issues with it well then hell,, expenses are expenses

note that this is perhaps NOT In following with "Corporate Best Practices" mentioned earlier, as you would be hard pressed (right now) to explain how the paintings would be a critical expense

OR WOULD YOU???

rabble rabble posted:

I'm high as hell

You don't say?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If you want an online quickbooks account that links to your newly formed cat painting charity checking I can just have my account add it an pay the monthly fees. Use a real bank and all the ins and outs get posted straight to contributions and capitalized cat painting collection automagically!

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Should we continue to contribute, or wait for the legal stuff to get sorted?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goon Boots posted:

Should we continue to contribute, or wait for the legal stuff to get sorted?

keep contributing, i'll sort it out in the next few weeks

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hey Plinks a transgender homeless goon in Canada needs some help. They recently came out to their family and now they’re living under a bridge. I sent some money their way and Rastor was kind enough to remind me of your thread.

https://www.paypal.me/cunnilingius

I’ll send some funds to your potluck too.

e: okay became a monthly contributor.. only $3/month but it’s something

Louisgod has issued a correction as of 03:38 on Apr 16, 2020

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
Plinkey and many other folks were there for me when I was short. I'm now donating 5-10 every month. Thanks, guys.

KineticCapitalist
Jan 4, 2014

Doldrums. Doldrums. Eviler than the Devil. Boredom makes men to villains.

rabble rabble posted:

hello friends, I was going to post these in the bernie toxx thread, but in case anyone needs, here are some account reg gift certificates:

and platinum:

F8AAA96-7FF53F2167-4F091

hail satan

Took this one, thank you very very much.

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
I just converted my monthly Bernie bucks to this, since we’re doomed to Hellworld Eternal, have some direct action.

OK goons - I really want to see this number top $4k. Somebody go put it over!

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

Aerofallosov posted:

Plinkey and many other folks were there for me when I was short. I'm now donating 5-10 every month. Thanks, guys.

are you tall now

Lordshmee posted:

I just converted my monthly Bernie bucks to this, since we’re doomed to Hellworld Eternal, have some direct action.

OK goons - I really want to see this number top $4k. Somebody go put it over!

i got u fam

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов
Sent an email because I don't have PMs, sorry!

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

boroda posted:

Sent an email because I don't have PMs, sorry!

rabble rabble posted:

DF26CAB-916ADAAC26-3825C
7D6D650-D7FEDC87FD-7D15F
8D62087-DAA5BF925D-CD08B
61EF7F9-258E4A3485-2A08F
ECED6AC-1B5E178AC2-CB277

and platinum:

F8AAA96-7FF53F2167-4F091
351ED3F-E833550A80-34A45
07E7A86-D4AF5A5E67-24A95
91A90F4-64B5EFA2CF-C3DCC
D5B73D4-AD5F01B789-C7393

hail satan
Check if one of those is still good. I know 3 have been take at the very least.

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

Siegkrow posted:

Check if one of those is still good. I know 3 have been take at the very least.

All taken, but thanks though!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
yall are good people, and this is good praxis

bless you plinkey

hazzlebarth
May 13, 2013

boroda posted:

All taken, but thanks though!

Here, use this one: 7AABA66-6F800BE3FA-8FDC7

boroda
Jul 26, 2007

нет усов

hazzlebarth posted:

Here, use this one: 7AABA66-6F800BE3FA-8FDC7

Awesome, thank you so much!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Phosphene posted:

are you tall now

i got u fam

Tragically, I am still under 5 feet tall.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Aerofallosov posted:

Tragically, I am still under 5 feet tall.

eat more stomboli

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Did I get everyone from the weekend/yesterday?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
There's a goon in need who is going to be homeless

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919870&pagenumber=8#post504298573

Idk how requests go but if someone with more funds than I have could reach out to help that'd be awesome
https://www.patreon.com/elentor
https://www.patreon.com/elentorlp
elentorlp@gmail.com for PayPal

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Boba Pearl posted:

There's a goon in need who is going to be homeless

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919870&pagenumber=8#post504298573

Idk how requests go but if someone with more funds than I have could reach out to help that'd be awesome
https://www.patreon.com/elentor
https://www.patreon.com/elentorlp
elentorlp@gmail.com for PayPal

Im definitely gettin some relief to Elentor. They are good people.

BrownieMinusEye
Apr 22, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I don't post much but SA has basically created my personality over the last 15 years for better or worse. I want you all obese and safe. Upped my contribution to $50/month

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrownieMinusEye posted:

I don't post much but SA has basically created my personality over the last 15 years for better or worse. I want you all obese and safe. Upped my contribution to $50/month

ttrmrmrp

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Thank you but also ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BrownieMinusEye posted:

Good vibes friend. :)

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
i assume this in the hegelian sense for my own sake but also thank you

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
money is almost out this month taking taxes into account

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Plinkey posted:

money is almost out this month taking taxes into account

what day are you getting the patreon bucks?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

dex_sda posted:

what day are you getting the patreon bucks?

I think it's either like the 1st or 3rd or something of every month

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

We send 4k a month to hungry goons, that is a good deed :)

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

sent a pm :gerty:

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
signed up for $5 a month. thanks Plinkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Plinkey posted:

I think it's either like the 1st or 3rd or something of every month

I wanna say it's around the 3rd or the fifth. I do photography sometimes.