Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Rovert got banned for being an obtuse prick who couldn’t converse like a normal human being. I don’t think he got banned for being a racist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Mike Kurtz is certainly a lot more fun and has a whimsical, slapstick element to his personality with all his "beg bardon sir i respectfully disagree" type poo poo and his little sunday best suit on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Because he actually posts about his politics and only idiots fall for blatant troll posts. Just yesterday we had people lying about him being a MAGA right wing CHUD which is just a stupid lie. So basically you are all just riling yourselves up about less artfully done getfiscal posts and then lying about how it's justified.

Oh, so it's only ironic fascism. Why, that's much better and way different!

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

MassRafTer posted:

Would seem it might be the audience if the audience has to lie about the person and falls for obvious troll posts. Because both have happened in the last two days, especially the lying.

And have been happening for YEARS. It was bad enough when he actually posted here but now people are going out of their way to look at his posts and incessantly complain about him

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Getfiscal is way funnier than Rovert

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

Oh, so it's only ironic fascism. Why, that's much better and way different!

Yes, it's ironic fascism to say that Trump supporters are the only ones stupid enough to work for free. You really do angrily quote tweet getfiscal.

I Before E posted:

Getfiscal is way funnier than Rovert

He's basically the 3rd funniest account so it'd be unlikely for Irish Trevor to be one of the other two.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
This whole "attaching every single negative trait to someone who sucks" just reeks of bad faith, especially in the light of people doubling down on poo poo like he's a MAGA CHUD just to avoid the cognitive dissonance of being wrong about someone who just sucks. There's plenty of weird creeps who have good or neutral politics, so I don't get where is the comic value in misrepresenting that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Because he actually posts about his politics and only idiots fall for blatant troll posts. Just yesterday we had people lying about him being a MAGA right wing CHUD which is just a stupid lie. So basically you are all just riling yourselves up about less artfully done getfiscal posts and then lying about how it's justified.

Fair, but I don't think everyone is as deep into their Rovert lore. Because the main experience with him here is that he's kinda racist and I know from his politics that he's not a Trumper but he still has said some racist stuff and most Americans are going to lump him in with CHUD folks.

Lying about him is lame though, he's awful enough without it.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I find the Rovert stuff tedious, but there's some extra lol involved since Cody liked the tweet.

How many left wing wrestlers even are there? Starr, ZSJ, Sami are the only ones I can think of. I don't know ACH's broader views beyond being (justifiably) angry at that T-shirt.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think ACH is an Ace Watkins kinda guy.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MassRafTer posted:

Yes, it's ironic fascism to say that Trump supporters are the only ones stupid enough to work for free.

i hate this whole discussion so i ahte myself for having the urge to post this but I am actually very genuinely curious how you read this tweet that way:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1252051954911588353

and apologies if you meant some other tweet but he tweets like 5000 times an hour

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i hate this whole discussion so i ahte myself for having the urge to post this but I am actually very genuinely curious how you read this tweet that way:

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1252051954911588353

and apologies if you meant some other tweet but he tweets like 5000 times an hour

Shitball indie wrestling shows are typically set up by the wrestlers and promoters will even threaten to hold pay until the ring is torn down. So yes, he is ironically praising a group for doing unpaid labor. Beyond the obvious tone of the tweet, knowing rovert's actual political opinions and feelings on the exploitation of wrestlers makes it even more obvious.

That and even if you adamantly believed rovert was a MAGA Trump supporter do you really think he is trying to rally support for right wing beliefs based on the fact that people are setting up rings? Maybe he was right to point out how nuanced and deep his jokes were.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Meanwhile on Mark Madden's twitter in between him supporting lockdown protestors:

https://twitter.com/cjkst37/status/1252268530604662791

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Does Madden have a single memorable call to his name? I mean, Cole at least has Mankind’s title win, “tap out, Batista!” and THE DOG POOP

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Seams posted:

Does Madden have a single memorable call to his name? I mean, Cole at least has Mankind’s title win, “tap out, Batista!” and THE DOG POOP

how could you possibly forget all the times he said "snoochie booches"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

The Spinaroonie got its name from Madden and that's why it's terrible.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

Shitball indie wrestling shows are typically set up by the wrestlers and promoters will even threaten to hold pay until the ring is torn down. So yes, he is ironically praising a group for doing unpaid labor. Beyond the obvious tone of the tweet, knowing rovert's actual political opinions and feelings on the exploitation of wrestlers makes it even more obvious.

That and even if you adamantly believed rovert was a MAGA Trump supporter do you really think he is trying to rally support for right wing beliefs based on the fact that people are setting up rings? Maybe he was right to point out how nuanced and deep his jokes were.

rovert posts so much stupid, toxic garbage that it's not worth the mental energy to figure which of his posts are supposedly "ironic humor" and which should be taken at face value

it's sifting through poo poo to find other, different forms of poo poo

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do the thing where when someone types that one name it actually shows up as 'gogurt.' man, that would be a funny thing to happen.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Cavauro posted:

do the thing where when someone types that one name it actually shows up as 'gogurt.' man, that would be a funny thing to happen.

Please cav I like gogurt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Well don't do it then. i don't want anyone to feel bad or uncomfortable

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Holy poo poo, everyone please stop going on about rovert, I implore you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Get out of the "stupid assholes" thread. this is my domain.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Holy poo poo, everyone please stop going on about rovert, I implore you

Gotta agree at this point if it's not posting a stupid opinion of his (which there are definitely more than enough to find)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Imagine defending rovert being the hill you were willing to die on

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Imagine defending rovert being the hill you were willing to die on

"People shouldn't lie" is apparently a bold statement. That's just Trump's America I guess.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MassRafTer posted:

"People shouldn't lie" is apparently a bold statement. That's just Trump's America I guess.

Love too be serially harassed via DMs. He’s just a good lad

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Love too be serially harassed via DMs. He’s just a good lad

Then people should post those instead of lying.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Can we post more about gogurt and possibly frogurt instead

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

If the week I spent in Boston when I was 14 taught me anything about the Irish, then I have no problem believing that rovert is racist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Jesus loving Christ enough is enough. Post about somebody else, I'll just straight up probate anybody who posts on this subject in the next 2 pages.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

StarkRavingMad posted:

Frogurt may have dumb opinions but it comes with a free topping.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That’s good!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/HecBitw/status/1250215444813938688

https://twitter.com/wwegal/status/1224138473042411520

https://twitter.com/MrWarrenHayes/status/1252416318126473219

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

StarkRavingMad posted:

The two worst parts of the quarantine for my life as a finely tuned athlete at peak performance is the lack of forgurt and the lack of Cici's buffet pizza. It's been months and I hate it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oldpainless posted:

That’s good!

The toppings are also cursed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Knot_Hear/status/1252375272441036801

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Oh.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Writer Cath posted:

The toppings are also cursed.

That’s bad

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i've made 100 million little cards that just say "drat that sucks too!" on Them and i'll be handing them out for people in this thread to use shortly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

It gets better

https://twitter.com/Knot_Hear/status/1252378269787189250?s=20