Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

It's wild how crazy and stupid state lawmakers can be. Like a while order worse than the worst national politicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

mrmcd posted:

How do I get the roni, but only like a little bit that makes me immune like celebrities is dickhead senators get?

I wanna spend next year paying $50 to have entire cruise ships and resorts to myself lol.
given how it seems to mutate it's now a hard unknown whether catching it will make you actually immune to other strains

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3080771/coronavirus-mutations-affect-deadliness-strains-chinese-study

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

pancake rabbit posted:

repostin these from trump thread into trump thread 2.0

the past five minutes were a hell of a month

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/1252418710687477761

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1252418369170501639

:wtc:

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

given how it seems to mutate it's now a hard unknown whether catching it will make you actually immune to other strains

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3080771/coronavirus-mutations-affect-deadliness-strains-chinese-study

That's a load of horse poo poo btw.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

since foreign policy isn't my thing how hosed are we because of the kim jong un being brain dead thing?

e: we being our friends in japan and south korea too

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

facetoucher cat posted:

I really didn't mean to ask for content

daring the universe to send us more bad poo poo

oh u better believe that's a 6er

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

it's funny because other countries are suspending deportations because it's obviously a huge loving risk, so it really only makes sense to increase them in this hell country,

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

That's a load of horse poo poo btw.

i'm not particularly well versed on this subject as is custom in the thread, so i'd like to know how. it probably shouldn't be that different to other coronaviruses, but there's a lot of "shouldn't"s that have gotten the shaft lately

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

On the one hand it would make sense to temporarily suspend all travel from foreign countries if we had the virus under control, on the other hand we have more cases than anybody so suspending immigration is probably a good move for the health and well-being of anybody coming here. Obviously just a pointless, racist and nativist move, but whatever.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that's a big smooth boy

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/govlarryhogan/status/1252404969669488640?s=21

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

brütal

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Just read that pence literally only gave the governor's with a "list of addresses and phone numbers," phone book style

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Courts are going to stop this complete hault of immigration?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Is that from the old web comic where the Columbine shooters are furries getting tortured in hell after being shot by a brave patriot who brought a gun to school?

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Jonny 290 posted:

ok your synapses got tickled with that one too

rather on point tbh

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-21/coronavirus-queensland-cairns-pathology-lab-cluster/12163940

quote:

A technician from South East Queensland is believed to have been infected with the virus when he flew to Cairns to conduct maintenance work at the laboratory about a month ago.

Four other workers within the facility have now tested positive for the virus after serology testing which detects antibodies.

Chief Medical Officer Dr Jeannette Young said there was no evidence the cluster was linked to samples being handled at the facility.

"One month ago, a technician went up from Brisbane to Cairns and then, when he returned back to Brisbane, was tested positive for COVID-19," Dr Young said.

"Some initial contract tracing was done in the lab, which didn't confirm anything.

"Then last week, we had one of the lab workers, who's worked in that lab, test positive.

"We were unsure where that lab worker actually contracted that infection.

"We now have confirmation that it was in the lab, because overnight, I received the serology results for three people who had been in that lab, who had been infected, had the infection and have recovered.

"But it's clear that they got it from that initial person, and therefore, this latest person got it through that process.

"We're now doing further work to make sure that there are no other unwell staff members or patients in the Cairns Hospital," she said.

Looks like loving nothing can stop this from spreading.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

mrmcd posted:

How do I get the roni, but only like a little bit that makes me immune like celebrities is dickhead senators get?

I wanna spend next year paying $50 to have entire cruise ships and resorts to myself lol.

If you pay for the Uber, I can be there in 15 minutes to insert one(1) tablespoon of Roni-Lite directly into your butthole. Should sort you right out.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Not sure which would be funnier: Big wet NK boy biting it from roni, or a whole bunch of blue checkmarks getting totally owned in one night.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Courts are going to stop this complete hault of immigration?

I dunno. The president has pretty broad powers re: immigration. And a complete halt to it doesn't really activate any discrimination claims.

The EO just has to be rationally related to the aim (stopping the spread of the virus) unless it directly conflicts with some laws.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

Recent milestones:
  • Spain hits 200k cases
  • France hit 150k cases and 20k deaths

Upcoming milestones:
  • America is about to hit 800k cases
  • Worldwide cases about to hit 2.5 million

[*]Today's new cases in America was about as high as Saturday's new cases. This *continues* the pattern over the past five weeks we've observed of Sunday having the least new reported cases, and reporting picking back up right as the week begins.
[*]There were significant jumps in reporting in California (+712 -> +2256), Connecticut (+412 -> +1853), and Georgia (+316 -> +1242). Every other state either had a significantly smaller jump in new cases, or stayed mostly the same.
[*]Connecticut went from +41 deaths to +204, and Georgia went from +4 to +94. No other states are exhibiting this large of a jump in deaths.
[/list]

Those numbers are a really bad sign. Ohio also had a big surge today, because of the prisons. +1,314 on BNO

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Uphold Stavros Halkias Thought!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

stuffed crust punk posted:

just open fire on these loving pieces of poo poo already

why aren't there any leftist gun nuts

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

whoa this got an upgrade

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Don't Worry!

Jeb! Can Fix It!

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Is the US doing any contact tracing anywhere at this point? It's always on the "must have" list for reopening

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Thesaurus posted:

Is the US doing any contact tracing anywhere at this point? It's always on the "must have" list for reopening

lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Thesaurus posted:

Supposedly Massachusetts.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
open the country, close the country

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Every breath you cant take
I'll be missing Juche

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

not closing outbound travel while the virus is ravaging the country would be very curious :thunk:

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

not closing outbound travel while the virus is ravaging the country would be very curious :thunk:

Maximizing exports!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

BONGHITZ posted:

whoa this got an upgrade

gotta follow the announcement

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

this person is almost certainly in a high risk group

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

at least they're being honest, I guess

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

It's wild how crazy and stupid state lawmakers can be. Like a while order worse than the worst national politicians

hahah yeah trump is way smarter than my local politicians.... ???

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

got any sevens posted:

she even has a bandana! lmao

Are bandanas bad now?

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Thesaurus posted:

don't worry, big tech/big data are currently tracking the location of everyone coughing as well as the location of everyone they've been in contact with for the past 14 days and sending it to the highest bidder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

governors should just start tweeting praise of trump for poo poo they want him to do that actually hasn't been done yet.