Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

1redflag posted:

Cigar City’s “Maduro” brown ale is also a solid choiceif that’s more your speed.

I'll keep an eye out for both... I live like 1200 miles away so I don't actually see Cigar City stuff all the time, though hell I think the Jai Alai was at Target so it can't be too rare even up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I set a budget of $50-100 for a nice pair of headphones and then oops I spent $160

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Coffee And Pie posted:

I set a budget of $50-100 for a nice pair of headphones and then oops I spent $160

They're fantastic headphones, you did good!

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

They're fantastic headphones, you did good!

This isn't the appropriate thread BUT, if I get some decent headphones like this, plug them into my pc (with whatever realtek sound chip it has), would I notice a really big difference between a hq mp3 file and a flac file?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

colas posted:

This isn't the appropriate thread BUT, if I get some decent headphones like this, plug them into my pc (with whatever realtek sound chip it has), would I notice a really big difference between a hq mp3 file and a flac file?

Minimal.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's what I use in my soundbooth / office and I will plug ATH-M50s until the day I die. Great choice, internet friend.

Jeza posted:

Minimal.

This isn't a knock against the headphones it's more of that 99% of audiophile stuff is stupid nonsense bullshit.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Some old german roughing end mills and some books.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
New motherboard, processor, and RAM

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
More knife action. Next is probably a new keyboard and or tablet.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Coffee And Pie posted:

If you want to go Bluetooth you can actually buy adapters that fit specifically with these headphones for like $30, too!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Coffee And Pie posted:

One of these days I'll pull the trigger on these. I've had the blue ones on my wishlist for quite awhile

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Glottis posted:

If you want to go Bluetooth you can actually buy adapters that fit specifically with these headphones for like $30, too!
Yep, I have this one and it works great!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L6DL863

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Those headphones are great, both for mixing my own music and listening to other peoples music. It's like hearing a new dimension!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Decided if I can't upgrade my computer I'll upgrade individual pieces, starting with the keyboard/mouse, then the chair, then the monitor, so I picked up one of these to see what kind of switches I want out of a mechanical keyboard:

Update: I liked the Cherry blues the most, am I a monster?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Coffee And Pie posted:

Those headphones are great, both for mixing my own music and listening to other peoples music. It's like hearing a new dimension!

Blues are my favorite too

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Nope blues rule.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

So long as it's not a keyboard you'll use in an office space.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Megabound posted:

Honestly this depends on your office space. I bought browns to take to my new job so I wouldn't be the rear end in a top hat coming in with blues and on my first day I find out that multiple people around me use blues or greens. Oh well.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Slimy Hog posted:

Honestly this depends on your office space. I bought browns to take to my new job so I wouldn't be the rear end in a top hat coming in with blues and on my first day I find out that multiple people around me use blues or greens. Oh well.

Congrats, you work in an office of assholes. Keep your clickys at home.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Megabound posted:

I wanted the browns for this reason, purchasing hosed it up and got the blues. My coworker said its OK and not to exchange it and I have had it ever since and am extremely happy to have the exact same peripherals at work and at home.

Also, the click isn't that extreme.
A former (ancient) coworker wanted to use his IBM keyboard and his direct reports were actually going to destroy them which I prevented because those things are valuable. But yeah using that in a shared office is a no go.

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
There were IBM beam spring keyboards that had a solenoid to give it that authentic deafening typewriter sound, maybe you should get one of those?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Fools Infinite posted:

There were IBM beam spring keyboards that had a solenoid to give it that authentic deafening typewriter sound, maybe you should get one of those?

The keyboard used in the opening scene of Wargames.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

JEEVES420 posted:

Congrats, you work in an office of assholes. Keep your clickys at home.

Sorry your precious ears can't handle a little clicking

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Slimy Hog posted:

You seem like the kind of guy who microwaves fish at work

mystes
May 31, 2006

big mean giraffe posted:

You seem like the kind of guy who microwaves fish at work
Cherry mx blue switches + keycaps carved daily out of raw salmon for the ultimate typing experience.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Slimy Hog posted:

I also like to tap my toes, hum, and whistle along to the radio I listen to at full volume when I am in a work setting, Hope that’s okay with you

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mystes posted:

Cherry mx blue switches + keycaps carved daily out of raw salmon for the ultimate typing experience.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
^ my spacebar is the pond I grow the salmon in.

e: Whoops, mixed this up with the keyboard thread (who knows why!).

foutre has a new favorite as of 21:01 on Apr 21, 2020

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

1redflag posted:

I also like to tap my toes, hum, and whistle along to the radio I listen to at full volume when I am in a work setting, Hope that’s okay with you

How do you feel about long strings of very loud scream-sneezes?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
No pictures because everyone has seen one, but I bought an iPad 7 and an Apple Pencil, because I didn’t need to spend double that on the Pro and the Pencil 2. Mostly gonna be using it for GarageBand and doodling.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah the Apple Pencil 1 and a non-pro iPad are majorly good drawing purchases for the price. I spent a long time with it before upgrading and it led to me drawing a lot more because I had everything I needed right there on a whim. Works really well too.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Apr 22, 2020

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I got an enlarger so I can make my negatives big and positive

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Megabound posted:

I got an enlarger so I can make my negatives big and positive

Ddi you choose that particular model because it matches the vintage style of your furniture?

That's quite a impressive commitement to staying with a theme.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
no, they're just posting from the 70s. Internet was so slow back then it's just now reaching us.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up Meg posted:

Ddi you choose that particular model because it matches the vintage style of your furniture?

That's quite a impressive commitement to staying with a theme.

The fake wood grain really ties the room together.

Also, thank you for noticing I own the best work from home chair known to man.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Megabound posted:

The fake wood grain really ties the room together.

Also, thank you for noticing I own the best work from home chair known to man.

That is a nice chair.
Is the desk modern?

It's a shame about all the modern black plastic. Have you considered wrapping it in woodgrain-effect plastic wrap?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Shut up Meg posted:

That is a nice chair.
Is the desk modern?

It's a shame about all the modern black plastic. Have you considered wrapping it in woodgrain-effect plastic wrap?

Yep, from a big Australian retailer, Freedom, same with the cabinet/workdesk.

If they made a woodgrain Ergodox I probably would get one

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Megabound posted:

Yep, from a big Australian retailer, Freedom, same with the cabinet/workdesk.

If they made a woodgrain Ergodox I probably would get one

Make one yourself?

Or get it hydrodipped - I'd love to see that turn out well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyeJcmJ_2g4

RandomZero
Aug 22, 2010

One of these, because I don't have enough coffee related things (I have to many coffee related things)

Also a new 970 Pro 512GB. SMART is showing my current M.2 drive at 98% life remaining, and because last time I had an SSD show that number to me, it blew itself up before it hit 97%, so I'm choosing to err on the side of caution.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

ThermoPro TP19 Waterproof Digital Meat Thermometer for making sure my food is the correct temperature in my kitchen.

Remco 5" Mini Bench Scraper in orange for baking tasty stuff in my kitchen.

North American Rescue Combat Application Tourniquet for when things go wrong in my kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Thermometer is one of my best kitchen purchases ever. Cooking meatloaf and steak by intuition feels like the stone age now. I get perfect pork loin every single time now.

In case anyone is wondering the #1 puchase is a gram scale so i can do lazy and precise measurements.

https://www.amazon.com/Escali-P115C...87600731&sr=8-1

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 01:12 on Apr 23, 2020