Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Communications crashed. Let's try DF7FM :weedass:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i made a blathers-inspired coat today. hootie hoo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

someone awful. posted:

This is real nice!

Are you planning on making a matching Celeste coat?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is real nice!

Are you planning on making a matching Celeste coat?

I think I might take a crack at that tomorrow, yeah! :)

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Tia moved from my town to a friend's town. When I visited there, she remembered me! She even had a couple different conversations talking about it.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

prepuce repurposed posted:

Communications crashed. Let's try DF7FM :weedass:

'sploded again.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Opening up my island! It’s currently 11am in the Southern Hemisphere. Native fruit is apples. Ables have a goth loli look. Turnip prices are poo poo. Don’t have much fruit on my trees but you’re all welcome to it. Please don’t touch the flowers. Any bridge donations are appreciated :)

If anyone wants Lucky the mummy dog to move in he’s moving out today!

JL8XTConnection crapped out, 5KXVH Closed!

yoshesque fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 21, 2020

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
It’s raining here, so I’ll open up! Northern. Cousteau is making firewood. The store sells pears, hyacinths, tulips, and pansies. Kicks is here as well Feel free to take whatever fruit you want! Flower seeds, other than the aforementioned and cosmos, would be appreciated.

9W7B9

Double Punctuation fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Apr 21, 2020

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

yoshesque posted:

JL8XT

I wish I could have TWO Luckys. The first time I visited him after he moved in that dude was singing a song directly to the skull in his crypt of a house. Love that mum dog.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

someone awful. posted:

that's adorable :kimchi:

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Anyone have anybody cool that will be in boxes tomorrow? Kevin’s moving out today (somebody take this sweet jock pig boy!) and I’m excited to hit the Nook island grind tomorrow but I really want a cute snooty villager. I’m flush with smuggos and need some snooty energy to pair. I did have Violet as my only random camper so far but I’m not a fan of the gorillas at all :(

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Today Katt gifted me a menu board and Kevin gifted me a cafe outfit. I think my villagers were trying to tell me something, so I built a cafe.

It’s a little shoddy looking at the moment, but I will build it up to look pretty! I wish we could hang wall items on fences because I’d love to hang all my Bunny Day lights on the bamboo fence walls of the cafe. It’s currently lit by some spare lanterns my villagers kept gifting me.

LastGoodBoy
Sep 7, 2014

Keep your mind be open window everyday

yoshesque posted:

Any bridge donations are appreciated :)

Yeah, I got you covered. I also blessed your island.

Also, Killwillian killed your island.

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

LastGoodBoy posted:

Aaaahh, thank you!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Today was the first day I saw CJ on my island and he's just wandering around saying loggers into his phone and I think he's possessed

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Oh man, I finally unlocked terraforming on my island and I love/hate it. I went to Happy Island Designer and made out a complete plan for my island (mostly, there's still a big chunk I have just labelled "FLOWERS??????" so we'll see) but it takes FOREVER to do everything. To be fair, I am basically terraforming a good 3/4ths of my island, so I didn't expect it to just fly by but dang. I think it's just bothering me because it's so repetitive. Of course, once I finish terraforming, then I get to spend so much cash moving every single building on my island too. Sometimes I wonder why I'm doing this, but then I look at my outline and it looks so dang cool. Someone just come do all this for me and let me bypass the boring parts.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(

LastGoodBoy posted:

:cry:

Didn't mean to.

I did get in on the second code though.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

yoshesque posted:

Opening up my island! It’s currently 11am in the Southern Hemisphere. Native fruit is apples. Ables have a goth loli look. Turnip prices are poo poo. Don’t have much fruit on my trees but you’re all welcome to it. Please don’t touch the flowers. Any bridge donations are appreciated :)

JL8XTConnection crapped out, 5KXVH

I tried, made it halfway around the island without seeing Lucky then the connection died before I could donate :(

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

yoshesque posted:

JL8XTConnection crapped out, 5KXVH

It was fun watching 12 loading screens and then get kicked by communication error, thanks for the mums!

yoshesque
Dec 19, 2010

Pez posted:

I tried, made it halfway around the island without seeing Lucky then the connection died before I could donate :(

His house is straight ahead from the fountain. Sorry for all the connection issues everyone :(

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

yoshesque posted:

His house is straight ahead from the fountain. Sorry for all the connection issues everyone :(

You could try rebooting your switch. I had issues hosting once and I only ever put it in sleep mode so I rebooted it and it seemed fine after that. Could just be a coincidence though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I haven't been looking at news and stuff for a bit, what's all this about datamining showing the cafe and diving and stuff? Is there any weight there?

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

I haven't been looking at news and stuff for a bit, what's all this about datamining showing the cafe and diving and stuff? Is there any weight there?

Not really. Code gets reused all the time so they may have built the game from New Leaf or copy/pasted data across or any number of things.

So I don't think stuff people find in the code is any more or less likely than anything else.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

someone awful. posted:

I think I might take a crack at that tomorrow, yeah! :)

Oh gosh, thank you, and I hope it goes well! My sister and I will definitely be wearing it if so!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Kiwillian posted:

Not really. Code gets reused all the time so they may have built the game from New Leaf or copy/pasted data across or any number of things.

So I don't think stuff people find in the code is any more or less likely than anything else.

yeah, for instance its shocking how much 3ds code is in the switch OS used or not for various reasons despite them being completely different!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Stux posted:

yeah, for instance its shocking how much 3ds code is in the switch OS used or not for various reasons despite them being completely different!
I'd imagine they purged all the unused code to get the OS down to 200KB

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I wonder how long I've secretly had this, I've been scared to check for a long time since I assumed all my crazy construction would have dropped my 4 stars down once I unlocked terraforming. I asked her and still had 4 stars and she just said to pick up crap lying on the ground. It was mostly some fossils and DIY I had laying around as freebies for visitors.

Personally it's not five stars yet in my eyes, but it's nice to know I have a good amount of trees and whatnot around. Still, time for a new flag and town tune.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh! Cutting Board Recipes are pretty sought out, right? Ellie is giving them out tonight, her house is down the path to the right, across the bridge, then up the path to the second house.
Please don’t mess with the flowers or fruit trees, a lot belong to my sister. You can contact me if you’d like any of them.
My connection is pretty spotty, so I’m gonna open my town and head off to bed.

The Dodo Code is 7B6WJ

No tips needed, but if you’d like to leave a gift, I’m on the lookout for flower seeds, arcade furniture, and Cute furniture.
ETA: Oh yeah forgot to add, Kicks is here, too.

Catalina fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 21, 2020

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Astro7x posted:

The Home Menu code is 200K. The main OS is FreeBSD/Android based (called Horizon)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Astro7x posted:

the OS is 4gb and has a lot of stuff in it, the home menu is the bit thats only 200kb. the main OS is a weird android/3ds hybrid.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Kiwillian posted:

The Home Menu code is 200K.

And somehow more user friendly and basically functional than the XBone's monstrosity of an interface, that's nuts.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah both sony and nintendo have worked out "a big row of games and then menu above or below" is better than "tiles strewn randomly on the screen"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The home menu coffee isn't 200kb, just the home menu assets are 200kb

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
My store is FINALLY upgrading, I'm guessing that the 'spend x bells' requirement is higher this time around? Or I could be misremembering how quickly hop upgrades have happened.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
This is about the right time to start getting upgrades.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So uhh are we going to get a surprise Earth Day update or what

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Shneak posted:

So uhh are we going to get a surprise Earth Day update or what

I think they said it was included in the bunny day patch?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oops, I forgot that Sleep Mode was turned on. It’s off now.
The new code is CTNPX
Thank you to whoever left me a Cute Music Player!

Catalina posted:

Oh! Cutting Board Recipes are pretty sought out, right? Ellie is giving them out tonight, her house is down the path to the right, across the bridge, then up the path to the second house.
Please don’t mess with the flowers or fruit trees, a lot belong to my sister. You can contact me if you’d like any of them.
My connection is pretty spotty, so I’m gonna open my town and head off to bed.

The Dodo Code is 7B6WJ

No tips needed, but if you’d like to leave a gift, I’m on the lookout for flower seeds, arcade furniture, and Cute furniture.
ETA: Oh yeah forgot to add, Kicks is here, too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Earth Day, aka 15 Minutes To Pick Every Remaining Weed On Your Island Day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

Earth Day, aka 15 Minutes To Pick Every Remaining Weed On Your Island Day?

All fish, fruit and wood becomes clay for special DIY recipes from Leif..