Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Like, I can almost understand her being annoyed about her actual announcement, but even then her friend stepped away specifically to not make a scene.

But to keep going on like this, it is very clear she absolutely just hates not being the center of attention and hates this woman in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting my husband in the room while I'm giving birth?

quote:

Now, don't get me wrong, if this was a normal pregnancy during a normal time I'd want his in 100% but...

I'm giving birth to triplets in about three to four weeks. It's a very high-risk pregnancy. I plan on having a C-section and getting induced if the babies doesn't come in 3 weeks.

The doctor told us that with all the complications, it would be good if I didn't have many people in the room. My husband was on the call when he said that and assumed it meant it would be just me and him. After the call, I explained that with all the complications I wanted it to be just me. This was yesterday and he has locked himself in his gaming room and hasn't left. I am bed bound, so I only got up a few times to ask him to come out.

AITA for wanting him to wait in the waiting room while I give birth?

**EDIT: (for clarity)

Theres a very high risk one of the babies will come out... Not okay. Honestly, the babies were not planned and it was the result of a broken condom. I had never planned to have children due to medical reasons, but I always wanted one and decided not to abort.

My husband has a history of panic attacks and puked once at the sight of my tapon on the floor once when the dog got everything everywear once last year.**

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for telling my son that his emotions are his own fault?

quote:

Context.

My son is 17, me and my wife believe he has bipolar or manic depression, as he wont talk to us about anything that's going on with him.

Typically he never leaves his room except for food and water, and he never engages us in conversation or any formalities. Today the same situation happened, he leaves his room and wont talk to me about anything, I tried to be polite, asking him how therapy and his day was. All I got in response was "i dont know how it's working so far" and "i dont really want to talk right now". I asked him why and he wouldn't answer, I asked again and he said to "please stop pushing him". I, again, asked what was wrong, I was extremely concerned, and in response I get "it doesnt matter what I say, you'll just point blame at me for feeling hated again". I really had enough at that point and just told him that "if you really hated yourself and cared about what we think, youd do what we want you to do with no problem or question". He got very offended at this, and said "Fine, guess I'm the f**king retard then" and stormed off to his room. He refuses to talk to me still.

I dont know what I did wrong, I just pointed out the obvious to him when I know he can't see it. AITA?

Edit: I'd like to state I have a minor in psychology, I believe myself to be qualified. I work in pain management and addiction, my wife is a teacher and is around teens every day. We both think we are doing what's best for our son.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

That edit, wow.

Also, Leah needs to be shot out of a cannon and never in contact with people again.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lmao that spoiler is just :kiss:

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

A year ago, I [27F] broke up with my lying boyfriend [27M]. Today, I found out that everyone else was lying and he was being truthful.

quote:

A year ago, I was about to move in with my first serious boyfriend (Josh), with whom I was head over heels in love, when one of my closest friends said that Josh had shown them a nude photo of me on his phone when he was drunk during a party. Five or six more of my friends corroborated the story and told me that Josh also talked in extreme detail about our sex life when showing the photo. It was sickeningly detailed.

This did not sound at all like Josh. When I asked him what the gently caress was going on, he denied everything. He eventually got very angry and started calling all of my friends liars. At one point, he showed up at my place while some of them were visiting and things got a little physical. It was really a very strange turn of events in my life.

Josh seemed so worked up and all of my close friends were calling him a liar. Josh had taken photos of me on his phone (which I know was stupid but heat of the moment and everything). So I trusted my friends and I broke up with Josh. It was heart wrenching. Josh begged me to believe him. He started tearing up, nearly punched the wall, and left angrily. I was really grossed out at the time and felt super conflicted.

A few months later, I started dating one of the friends (Alex) who had told me about Josh showing everyone the photo. All of my friends were pushing me to date Alex at the time. We didn't really sync and it didn't go past a few months, but we remain friends of sorts.

So today, another friend sends me a message that says he just wanted to get something off his chest. The story about Josh wasn't true and were really trying to get me to date Alex, so they made up that story about Josh. After talking to a few of the other people, including Alex, it's all come out that they were lying. It was this loving orchestrated bullshit event that totally changed my life forever. Apparently, they hated Josh and thought he was bad for me and an rear end in a top hat. That was my loving decision. I'm shaking right now.

I cried in the office bathroom for about two hours afterwards. I loved Josh so much. We were planning a life together. And I've been friends with that group since high school. What the gently caress?

I guess I'm supposed to stop talking to my "friends" right? I cannot possibly come back from this and still talk to them, right? This basically nukes my group of friends. But how could I ever even look at them again?

Also, I need closure with Josh. Can I call him? Should I call him? Should I unblock him on Facebook and message him? What do I do?

tl;dr: My friends are pieces of poo poo and lied to me about my boyfriend. I trusted my friends and broke up with him. I even started dating one of the friends. Oh god.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

A year ago, I [27F] broke up with my lying boyfriend [27M]. Today, I found out that everyone else was lying and he was being truthful.

Sure you could call him and apologize but there aint no coming back from that.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow that's terrible

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

My brother [18M] got caught smoking weed; now my parents [51F, 56M] want to drug test me too [23F] to be "fair".

quote:

My younger brother, let's call him John [18], was subjected to random drug testing at his high school last week. (He knew he was eligible for it, students must sign a consent form at the start of the school year). He is a frequent smoker, and tested positive for weed. He tried to get ahead of the situation by telling my parents what had happened. My parents freaked out, acted like John is a complete failure, and started to think of ways to punish him. My parents and my brother already didn't have a great relationship, and this event made it much worse. Thankfully nothing criminal will come of this, John just has to take an online drug counseling course. He is going off to college this fall.

I [23F] am in graduate school in another state. I never smoked in high school, and now in college it's a very infrequent activity, mostly when I'm home by myself to de-stress or at small social gatherings. Weed has never negatively impacted my life, I've gotten good grades, internships, fully-funded grad school, never in trouble with the law. I've always had a great relationship with my parents and feel close to them.

Now, my brother and I haven't always had the greatest relationship. My parents tend to view me as the "golden child" and compare my brother and I. I've tried to be close with my brother but I think he feels some anger towards me because of my parents. However, one thing John and I recently bonded over was weed. I suspected he smoked and told him I have too. Our relationship improved a bit, I think it helped him see me as more relatable and more of a friend. We talked about it a few times but never smoked together or anything like that.

Now, back to my parents finding out about John and freaking out. My parents decided they were going to drug test him from now on, and he could lose his phone, car, and even college if he keeps smoking. Well, John ended up ratting me out to my parents (who had NO idea I'd ever smoked). I think he threw me under the bus to try and make his actions look better. Now, my parents are saying that to be fair, they're going to drug test both of us, and if I test positive they will take my car. My parents seemed like they don't really want to drug test me - in fact, my mom said she would try and tell me in advance of when they would do it - but they want to be "fair". Keep in mind, I am still living out of state this summer, so any drug testing would take place when I visit home (which is only going to happen a few times).

I wasn't planning on smoking the next few months because my internship random drug tests. However, I feel like my parents aren't respecting my decisions and privacy as an adult. It isn't like I still live at home, and weed isn't impacting my life in any way. It was solely my brother's fault that he got caught. Additionally, my boyfriend lives in a state where weed is legal, so really, what do they expect? The only thing that still ties me to my parents is that they own the car I drive. They agreed to let me drive this when I started grad school, as they knew I wouldn't make much money and they valued me furthering my education. However, I pay for everything else myself.

Do you think my parents are being reasonable? Is it fair to apply John's punishment to me, even though we are at very different stages in our lives? How can I tell my parents I am uncomfortable with this while maintaining a good relationship? And how do I address this breach of trust with my brother?

TLDR: My younger brother got caught smoking weed, and my parents plan to randomly drug test him. He snitched to them that I've smoked too, and now they want to drug test me.

Edited to add: My brother came to me right after he was tested asking for help and advice. right after this situation went down, I was very clear with my parents that I have smoked and I thought they were overreacting. I defended my brothers actions and tried to educate them about marijuana. Many people are attacking me for the way my brother has been treated but I have very much supported and defended him.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

My brother [18M] got caught smoking weed; now my parents [51F, 56M] want to drug test me too [23F] to be "fair".

Oh ffs just buy fake pee of eBay and after you are done with school tell them to gently caress off

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (23F) bf’s (25M) mom knows me better than he does, and I feel weird about it.

quote:

So, let me say first that my relationship’s beginning was extremely unorthodox. I was seeing a trauma therapist and at some point decided to get back into online dating. I scheduled a date with one of my matches, and once he and I met and started talking it became clear to me that he might be related to my therapist. His profile didn’t have a last name (theirs is super common anyway) and he listed the state he went to school in, not the one they’re from. However their dog’s name is unique so that was a dead giveaway. I immediately asked her permission as to whether or not he and I could date, she said absolutely, she and I would just have to ‘break up.’

We terminated therapy, and he and I have been dating for a little over 6 months now. It’s great, I love him and I adored her already. She was my therapist but we got along on a more personal level and the transition from professional to friendly was very easy. The issue is that of course I told her things that I wouldn’t and probably will not ever tell anyone else. I was seeing her for PTSD and trauma counseling. She has been so kind to me since terminating, there really hasn’t been anything outwardly awkward- I see her as a wonderful friend and my boyfriend’s mother, though I will say I didn’t think I’d ever eat dinner and watch movies at a therapist’s house.

He of course knows she was my psychologist, I have shared some of my story with him, he’s been extremely supportive. But when we’re all together she can read me almost immediately- I assume these things take time, and he’ll learn, but the depth of the connection that she and I have is of course imbalanced compared to he and I for now. I am uneasy and I want to feel like I’m sharing things with him too. He’s very aware of how familiar she and I are with each other and I feel that he gets jealous at times. Anything I’d say to him about myself, she already knows. Maybe it’s about making new memories and new struggles that I don’t share with her?

Theres also the matter of our families interacting, my parents know she was my therapist and she knows....everything about my family. And it’s not all good stuff, a lot of it’s bad. I don’t doubt her ability to be professional, it’s just daunting to think of them meeting each other, my parents are kinda meh about believing in counseling. I worry he or I would be put in the middle of something. I guess my question is, how do I go about resolving this? I know it’s a very weird situation, but I love them both, and I know they love me- I just want to make sure I am navigating this rationally.

TLDR: in a serious relationship w/ my former trauma therapist’s son, she knows all my secrets, I feel weird he doesn’t get to know as much as she does about me

EDIT: thank you so much to everyone who responded, it’s given me a lot of great insight. I’ve gotten messages about how we should consider breaking up, it being unethical, etc., I figured I’d post a portion of one of my comments on the matter:

I’m concerned for my boyfriend’s emotional well being and ensuring he feels validated and loved. Throughout my life I’ve learned that people who care for you are the most valuable ones in existence and finding unconditional love and support is rare. I’ve found those things in their family, and although of course I can’t predict the future, I don’t see any good reason why I should willingly walk away from a situation that is affirming and makes me happy. My stress over this one issue isn’t worth giving up valuable relationships, unless it’s truly hurting him beyond repair. When I say I love them both and they love me, that’s the human truth- I wasn’t manipulated into this and neither was he. She told me that objectively, it doesn’t matter who I date- it matters that I feel secure, loved, and cared for. She stressed that I can make choices for myself, and whether or not he is the one to provide that for me, there are not any hard feelings or animosity. I feel no obligation towards either of them, besides those that are normal for a significant other. So- breakup is not currently an option!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Sure you could call him and apologize but there aint no coming back from that.

I would think not, but it's a distant possibility considering she literally had a conspiracy working against her.

It sucks for everyone, and the friend group need to be fired into the sun.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (23F) bf’s (25M) mom knows me better than he does, and I feel weird about it.

Plot twist,

The therapist manipulated her online dating so she only matched with the son and coached the son on how to make her fall for him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This is grounds for a John Wick response.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Oh ffs just buy fake pee of eBay and after you are done with school tell them to gently caress off

She straight-up told her parents "yup I smoke weed". Not sure what the test is for.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

She straight-up told her parents "yup I smoke weed". Not sure what the test is for.

Some people really need that proof in their face I guess.

*I missed that part because the whole story is stupid*

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Did she mean to write 17 instead of 27 because why the gently caress would a group of grown rear end adults do something like that? When I was at school there was always a weird pressure to date within our group of friends, but at 27 you're expected to stop being such a dumbass.

I think there's still a possibility for them and she should absolutely try because that'd be a cool way for things to work out, but it still sucks because she 100% has to ditch a friend group she's known since school, especially if she gets back with Josh and they decide to try gaslighting her into dating within the group again.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My girlfriend [31f] doesn't know how to count months and it's actually causing problems in our relationship [31m]

if a month is 4 weeks and a year is 52, what's the name of the 13th month?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Doc Hawkins posted:

if a month is 4 weeks and a year is 52, what's the name of the 13th month?

Sextember. It comes after August

21st Cherry boy
Jan 28, 2004
i'm a girl, fucktard
Lousy Smarch weather

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not wanting my husband in the room while I'm giving birth?
Yikes. Why not just call for a mulligan in the first place?

Tashilicious posted:

i dunno if anyone replied to this but;

no. and gently caress you.
Hear, hear. If you're trans and come out in an inappropriate time, you can be legally murdered in most states, so apprehensions s wholly logical as a result of this.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Let's just go ahead and nip this in the bud now. This conversation never ends in anything good for anyone.
I agree with you in spirit if not intent: As the esteemed Elie Wiesel seid, "“We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. " bla bla bla

mllaneza posted:

The one woman I know who had a reduction has a serious case of watermelon tits. She already had chronic back problems at 24. There IS such a thing as too much of a good thing.
Out of idle curiosity, were they watermelon-like (in size) before having fat sucked out of them, or watermelon-like (in appearance) afterwards due to stretch marks?

Barudak posted:

Should have sent a tasteful photo of two little coffins
Use a cardboard tombstone like the op who back talked to his mom like a million pages ago.

Cowslips Warren posted:

My mom has some big ones, and I thank genetics every day I didn't get those too. She thought about a reduction, but all the hoops to jump through were insane.

it's so funny how it's easy as poo poo for a dude to get things removed/enlarged but for a woman, why, have you really THOUGHT ABOUT THIS?
Misogyny is a helluva drug.

Play posted:

wait, it is? what kind of things could I have enlarged/reduced? like, are tiny little arms possible? an extra set of legs for galloping? i am interested, do you have a pamphlet I could have
Ask Cumshitter.

Miserable Maid posted:

AITA for telling my sister to stop blaming her weight gain on her pregnancy?
Gross. Before anyone accuses me of fat-shaming, I weigh 400 pounds, that is entirely too much to gain for a single pregnancy.

holtemon posted:

Maybe I'm the oddball here, but when I got my vasectomy the only thing they asked was what insurance I had.
Are you white?

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for making my friend cry with my pregnancy?
I'm worried I'm undergoing some kind of werewolf-like transormation into Mirthless being an ur-contrarian lifeform, but I don't see how this is OP's problem?

Girlfriend (25F) is mad that I (27M) suggested a titty tax

quote:

Originally posted to AITA but I was told to go here. So I'm officially in the doghouse with my girlfriend of 3 years all because I tried to spice things up since we've been cooped up together for so long. But my intentions were harmless.

Everybody knows girls can't resist stealing their man's shirts and saying how they love the smell. My girl is no different. Sweaters, sweatshirts, t-shirts--she wears them all and I'm cool with it especially when she goes braless haha.

So earlier tonight she comes into the living room wearing one of my sweatshirts. I'm lowkey feeling it but I'm a playful guy so I'm like hey that's my shirt. And she's like it's mine now. And I'm like that's theft. And she's like what are you gonna do.

So then I'm like here's the deal: you wear my shirts, you pay the titty tax. As in, you wanna walk around the house in my clothes you gotta let me take a gander at the sweater puppies. The same goes for pants. I catch you wearing my sweats then you gotta let me see that rear end. It's only fair.

You won't believe this but she got offended! While wearing my hoodie. I thought she'd be down for a little tax collector play but she's all mad and said I'm a jerk even though she's the one who's always stealing my clothes.

Is this something I should apologize for? I honestly thought it was a solid joke.

tl;dr: Girlfriend is always in my clothes so I told her it was gonna cost her. She went all Boston Tea Party on my rear end, so to speak

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Invisible Clergy posted:

I'm worried I'm undergoing some kind of werewolf-like transormation into Mirthless being an ur-contrarian lifeform, but I don't see how this is OP's problem?

It 100% isn't, OP is a goddamn psycho that made it her problem and is quickly approaching the earth's core trying to dig out it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

Partner and I [33F] have an empty swimming pool in the backyard. [7M] rode his skateboard in the pool despite being told not to and broke his leg 2 am in the morning. We're split on whether punishment is needed or not.

quote:

My partner and I have been together for 10 years, and are both 33F. We have a seven year old son, Micheal. We finally got around to actually buying a house together that we can actually own and no longer have to rent. We moved in just last weekend and in our backyard we have an empty pool. The previous owner let it fester and never bothered to clean it or anything of the sort. The real-estate agent have the pool drained and cleaned before she tried to sell the house. It's remained empty to this day.

Our son is huge into skateboarding. He loves learning new tricks and watching extreme sports. When he laid his eyes on the empty pool he wanted to ride his skateboard in it. We both said no because it looked dangerous for a kid. We saw no way it could end well. He begged and pleaded with us going as far as to promise to wear 3 helmets on top of each other. We still refused and he pouted for a while until we thought he got over it.

Yesterday morning at 2 in the morning we were both woken up to him screaming for us. We couldn't find him in his room and that brief panic took over. My partner found him lying in the pool crying his eyes out telling us his leg hurts. We had to go to the ER and have him seen to. He has a nasty break in his leg, and now he is in a cast. He let himself out of the house when we were sleeping because he thought we would never know he went skateboarding in the pool. He promised he'd never done this before, and I know he hasn't because our last place had an alarm he didn't know the combination to.

He was crying at the ER telling us he'd never do it again. He continued to cry at home because he knew he was in trouble. I've called to have new locks placed he can't open without a key, and an alarm system placed in our house. They're coming later this week.

My partner and I are split on whether or not he should be grounded to some extent. I think he should because what he did was stupid, and I thought we taught him better than that. I know he's a kid, but to me it's a very scary situation. She thinks that his broken leg is enough punishment. Please help me/us come a stance to take on this.

tl;dr: Son snuck out of the house and into our backyard to skateboard in our new empty pool. He broke his leg and we can't come to an agreement on punishment. I want to ground him to some extent, but my partner thinks his broken leg is enough. Please help us come to stance to take on this.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for naming my daughter "lasagna"?

quote:

Hi, sorry for the clickbait title but this is literally the situation. Throwaway for obvious reasons.

My husband and I welcomed our first child about nine weeks ago. We found out it was going to be a girl and we quickly decided on the name Elizabeth for her. Her middle name was originally going to be Jane, with the intent to call her EJ, however, when I was seven months pregnant, my husband's mother lost her fight with breast cancer. Her name was Anya (pronunciation: Ahn-Yuh). I loved her so I offered to change the middle name from Jane to Anya. My husband and his family were touched and agreed so our daughter became Elizabeth Anya Jane Last-Name.

A few days after she was born we quickly started calling her Liz instead of Elizabeth. Now her legal name is all but forgotten and everyone refers to her as Liz Last-Name. We've been having frequent group-Skype sessions with family during the stay-home mandate so our families can see the baby, see us, see each other and stay connected. My sister pointed out that we named our baby "Lasagna". I hadn't made the mental connection but if you put her first and second names together "Liz Ayna" it really does make "lasagna".

I told my sister that I doubt anyone would make that connection, especially considering people rarely use their middle names in daily life. But then my whole family chimed in and now everyone keeps calling my daughter "Lasagna". Now I'm scared that when she eventually starts school her classmates and others will latch onto this and make fun of her. I mean, the teasing has already started amongst my family. I have asked them to stop because one day Liz will know they're making fun of her and she'll be hurt. My sister told me if I didn't want people to make fun of her name then I shouldn't have named her what I did. They won't stop and every time I protest they remind me that I'm the one who named her so I've made my bed. I'm basically not speaking to them right now and they've been sending me daily texts basically telling me I'm being unreasonable and cruel to keep them from seeing the baby (via Skype).

AITA for naming my daughter what I did? AITA for cutting off my family for their teasing? Have I brought this on myself?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Partner and I [33F] have an empty swimming pool in the backyard. [7M] rode his skateboard in the pool despite being told not to and broke his leg 2 am in the morning. We're split on whether punishment is needed or not.

new locks placed he can't open without a key
ah yes lock the house closed so you can't leave without a key. that's not incredibly dangerous if the house catches fire or anything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Crybaby piece of poo poo. Yes, punishment is needed. If your shitbag son is found with his leg broken, guess who's to blame? Yes, it's OP. Put a ball and chain on the brat's good leg til it's healed and consider pulling a "Stepford Wives" and filling in the pool with a tennis court while he entertains himself by spying on neighbors murdering their wives in the interim.

Evil Willow posted:

If I ever get sick of nameposting, please shoot me in the C1. TIA.

InediblePenguin posted:

ah yes lock the house closed so you can't leave without a key. that's not incredibly dangerous if the house catches fire or anything

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I speak from personal experience,) but I believe this means erecting a fence around the pool, not transmogrifying the house into a deathtrap.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Those parents are going to be the very last people to find out the next time the kid does something dumb and needs help from an adult.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Evil Willow posted:

I don't get it, the name seems completely nermal to me.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I think the kid has already learned the consequences of his actions.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The kid's got a broken leg during a global lockdown. How much more grounded can he get?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Jabor posted:

Those parents are going to be the very last people to find out the next time the kid does something dumb and needs help from an adult.

and what a terrible shame that would be

oh no computer posted:

Amazing.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh no computer posted:

hissssssssss

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Please correct me if I'm wrong (I speak from personal experience,) but I believe this means erecting a fence around the pool, not transmogrifying the house into a deathtrap.
ohh yeah that makes more sense, sorry

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

yeah what an odieous joke

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

Sunswipe posted:

The kid's got a broken leg during a global lockdown. How much more grounded can he get?

That was posted 2 years ago.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for giving my daugher my wife's potato salad?

quote:

This is something I thought was small that blew up bigger than I expected.

My(26m) wife(30f) is the most generous person I have ever known, except for anything food related. She made it a point to me long ago that her portion of food is strictly her's and she wouldn't share it, even if she doesn't eat and left it to spoil.

She also loves to enjoy food in silence and solitary, and would get angry if interrupted. I do know that anybody have their own principles, so I have been careful not to tick her off, but sometimes when our daughter(now 3) makes too much noise when my wife is eating(she eats separately from us) I need to bring her away from her mother. Don't get me wrong, she is a very pleasant person and a good mother, if it is nothing food related.

Earlier on my wife was having a nap and my daugher complained that she was hungry. I opened the fridge to find ingredients when we both saw my wife's portion of potato salad. My daugher then asked to have it since she likes potato salad too.

I give those in the fridge to my daughter, as she was already hungry and I needed time to cook the potatoes. I figured that I could replace my wife's potato salad since I am making some for the whole family. I was so wrong.

My wife blew up when she woke up and was very angry that I "stole" her potato salad. I told her that I was making more and but she went on and said that I should not be touching her food. I reminded her that our daughter was hungry but she said she could wait and once again told me that I was NEVER supposed to touch her portion of food.

Here I am now chilling with my daugher as my wife ate the potato salad I made later in another room, still sulking. I feel like I might have crossed a boundary I shouldn't as I know she is very particular about her food, but at the same time I think our daughter takes priority. AITA?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for giving my daugher my wife's potato salad?

mom needs serious therapy so what

I'm going to randomly guess that the mom grew up in severe povrety.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tashilicious posted:

mom needs serious therapy so what

I'm going to randomly guess that the mom grew up in severe povrety.

Hey now, maybe she was a food tester for a medieval king and she's got a complex about being poisoned

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
Lol at the idea of having anything food related in the house the 3 year old doesn't already consider theirs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not just that
if your three year old child is hungry and you made yourself food
you feed the child
the child cannot make food
the child does not have impulse control or ability to like deal with their hunger and frustration at waiting
an adult can