Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Umbreon posted:

I would like to know more about whatever the gently caress is going on here

In short, just back from beating the everliving gently caress out of Momoshiki, Sasuke runs out of chakra, and Sakura basically goes "You, hospital, NOW, motherfucker."

Hinata tries the same on Naruto, with, er, less success...

(I can put the whole doujinshi together into a coherent whole, if you like, but those are the highlights.) here you go: https://imgur.com/a/8LYjNQT

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Feb 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

rndmnmbr posted:

In short, just back from beating the everliving gently caress out of Momoshiki, Sasuke runs out of chakra, and Sakura basically goes "You, hospital, NOW, motherfucker."

Hinata tries the same on Naruto, with, er, less success...

(I can put the whole doujinshi together into a coherent whole, if you like, but those are the highlights.)

Ah, haven't read the manga yet but I hope this eventually comes to the anime, because these are both amazing

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Umbreon posted:

Ah, haven't read the manga yet but I hope this eventually comes to the anime, because these are both amazing

Yeah, it's a doujinshi, so no. Even if it would be amazing.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Umbreon posted:

That’s not from the manga, it’s a fan comic basically.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Larryb posted:

That’s not from the manga, it’s a fan comic basically.

Oh drat, that art fooled me well enough, ah well

Gejimayu
Mar 4, 2005
spaz
I was torn on where to post this, but! Does anyone have a really good shot from the Naruto manga or anime of Jiraiya on a giant frog? Naruto would also be fine, but preferably Jiraiya if a good one exists. It's for a tattoo idea I'm working on...

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Try searching for the covers of the various Manga volumes. Aside from very specific panels, that's your best chance of seeing ninja frog stuff.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:barf:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On that note, a new chapter’s out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-43/chapter/19899?action=read

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Come on man Naruto says it all the time. Don't act like you don't know it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

I don't know, Salad looks like a pretty stylin' young adult there. She looks older than a lot of supposedly teenage characters in other manga. I realize she's not, but that cover doesn't seem too skeevy just because she looks like someone who I'd maybe not expect that outfit on, but certainly wouldn't look twice if I did see it on either.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

I knew this would be posted here. I found it to be a very uncomfortable picture. :ohdear: Those lips...

Anyway chapter itself was fine. I didn't expect them to actually be able to save Naruto this easily.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

No, she's totally not wearing a miniskirt and flashing the entire battlefield on a regular basis! She's wearing tights! See!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I find the fact that girl ninjas now dress exclusively like 1970's Go-Go Dancers to be a fascinating design choice.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Lots of horny posts in this thread

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Indeed.

rndmnmbr posted:

No, she's totally not wearing a miniskirt and flashing the entire battlefield on a regular basis! She's wearing tights! See!

Please avoid making creepy remarks like this in the future, thanks!

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

That was intended with sarcasm, but I hear you and understand.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
Naruto stopped being cool when he got the rassengan which was completely wrong for the fight scenes. Its pages of fast sneaky ninja moves and then he gets a charge move like yo why not just hit goku or frieza when they're building up their death move.

Everything up to the kabuto fight is comic book gold.

the old stuff was like this

then it added this

i dont have a scanner

just bob fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 26, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Can Sarada get a new outfit? Asking for a friend.

My friend is Sarada.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dawgstar posted:

Can Sarada get a new outfit? Asking for a friend.

My friend is Sarada.

Her outfit in the anime isn’t that bad as far as I can tell, definitely agreed about the manga version though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Boruto 147: We finally rejoined the manga once again. Here’s hoping for a stronger take on it this time around.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Wait, were back in canon? 148 felt so goddamn similar that i was about to ask if this was a rerun because of coronavirus or something. Wasn't the introduction of the other rich kid thats now part of the anime cast exactly like this?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Captain_duck posted:

Wait, were back in canon? 148 felt so goddamn similar that i was about to ask if this was a rerun because of coronavirus or something. Wasn't the introduction of the other rich kid thats now part of the anime cast exactly like this?

Probably, but we are finally getting back to adapting the manga though.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yes, we’re finally back to “canon” in so far as a non-Kishomoto take on the characters is canon. 148 is a take on Boruto chapter 11. I’ll throw out my recommendation to watch, if only because the characters and relationships are much more meaningful, much better designed and much less grossly handled than in the manga. Comparing the chapter to the episode, it’s so nice to see the characters stick to their anime personalities and how the anime original characters slot in to flesh out the story better. Iwabe being a big part this episode. Sarada also didn’t suddenly switch to 17 year old in a 12 year olds body.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Technically I believe both the anime and manga are supposed to be equally canon to one another as far as I’m aware (Sumire pops up at one point in the latter for example). But yeah, the additions were appreciated and I’m at least glad they’ve been sticking to Kishimoto’s art style rather than trying to ape the manga.

I do sort of wish they’d change the OP at some point rather than just continue updating it to match the current arc.

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
The prison must smell terrible if no one is allowed to have a shower.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A new manga chapter is out:

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/boruto-chapter-44/chapter/20104?action=read

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Interesting.

There's a lot of talk about how Kashin is Jiraija. This does seem like more proof of that.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, I was going to say that Jiraiya looked real dead but they had Ao survive and we just watched Boro regenerate both halves of his body no problem so I guess it's possible. It just feels weird to me because he would have killed Boruto if Ao didn't have a last second change of heart.

Congrats to Boruto for finally getting his Byakugan though!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New Chapter:

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1006555

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I guess Kaguya ate the first fruit early on since there seemed to be plenty of life. Or Amado is wrong. I wonder exactly what the point of all of this is for other members of Kara. Like, what do they gain from killing the planet?

Shikamaru dropping his cool facade when Shikadai gets threatened was nice since he's usually stuck being the RULES guy.

Kashin Koji talking about being created...normally I wouldn't take that literally but given the crazy medical tech Kara has...Jiraiya clone?

Jigen is an rear end in a top hat boss.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Aside from the internal Kara politics, none of that seemed surprising. Surely Shikamaru and the other ninja world big brains could have surmised all the aliens/parallel reality, Juubi and chakra fruit information from the Fourth Shinobi War and the follow up invasion events already? I mean they're not acting that surprised, but I'm not sure why Amado would think he was dropping bombs there.

Are we also going to get a reveal that Koji is an Orochimaru creation? Frankly I've never really felt he looked that much like Jiraiya, maybe that's just a side effect of the different artist. The now "repentant" Orochimaru creating a clone of his former comrade to spy on Kara seems about his speed.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Apr 20, 2020

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Teek posted:

Are we also going to get a reveal that Koji is an Orochimaru creation? Frankly I've never really felt he looked that much like Jiraiya, maybe that's just a side effect of the different artist. The now "repentant" Orochimaru creating a clone of his former comrade to spy on Kara seems about his speed.
Oh, that's a good one. I kinda thought the idea here is he was made by Amado.

This is reminding me a lot of how Samurai 8 just went overdrive on exposition and then ended. This series isn't in trouble, is it?

...was it even called Samurai 8, I don't remember...

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Teek posted:

Aside from the internal Kara politics, none of that seemed surprising. Surely Shikamaru and the other ninja world big brains could have surmised all the aliens/parallel reality, Juubi and chakra fruit information from the Fourth Shinobi War and the follow up invasion events already? I mean they're not acting that surprised, but I'm not sure why Amado would think he was dropping bombs there.

I'd love to see Orochimaru be relevant, but I just don't see that happening at all. :(

People think he's Jiraiya thanks to the eye markings under the mask, the white hair, the big use of frogs and fact that he could enter Konoha without being detected because they know his Chakra signature.

But Jiraiya was a burly man, not nearly as lean as Kashin. Still, stuff like this makes me think he might be it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kashin Koji is also much younger looking.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Kashin just got cast for the anime and it sure isn't Jiraiya's voice actor

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also he looks nothing like Jiraiya to me. He’s probably just a random guy who also just happens to be able to use toad summons.

Speaking of the anime, is Boruto also one of the ones that recently got put on hiatus due to the coronavirus?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Larryb posted:

Also he looks nothing like Jiraiya to me. He’s probably just a random guy who also just happens to be able to use toad summons.

Speaking of the anime, is Boruto also one of the ones that recently got put on hiatus due to the coronavirus?

Yes. They've stopped production.

He doesn't look like Jiraiya to me either but I like humoring this theory. Though, he did do a one handed Rasengan.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Apr 21, 2020

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Maybe Jiraiya’s secret Brother or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

Blockhouse posted:

Kashin just got cast for the anime and it sure isn't Jiraiya's voice actor

In both dub and sub, Obito had two different VAs - one for when he was Tobi/Obito, and Madara's actual VA for when he was pretending to be Madara. Wouldn't be hard to have pre and post reveal VAs.

IIRC in Obito's first appearance as a kid, he also had a different VA to Tobi.

Pyrotoad fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Apr 21, 2020