Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

weeeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Gum posted:

its not the dudes with signs that are directing government policy

No they're just the people who keep electing death cult morons and acting like it's a sane choice somehow. But we're not allowed to blame them directly for some reason. It's ok the left is 90% drunks who will die of covid. death is preferable to this shitshow. hail satan

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Norton posted:

Like lol that protests work hahahah

It helps that they're armed, even an armed rabble of 200 is going to be p much unstoppable without federal forces that are never coming

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
doesn't polling show like 75% of the country thinks the worst is yet to come?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/1252596099770200065

does anyone have the whole series

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

wheres the penis?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ok lmao

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the assumption here seems to be that people needing to work to eat would lead to jobs reappearing, which is obviously false

also, unless you force schools to reopen, many people won't be able to work even if the job is there

if you cut off unemployment benefits, you won't force people to work, you'll force them to commit crimes and/or start food riots

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Z0sGRDFAA

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Tested to see if they are currently infected or tested for antibodies?? If it's the former, good luck getting everyone rammed through in a week, if it's the latter HAHAHAH we haven't even rolled out antibody testing at my facility, and even then efforts are going to be focused on the highly-exposed health care workers first.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Impkins Patootie posted:

you loving imbeciles

the tweet was something like "when covid is gone, let's have a parade for health care workers."

but since NYC oriented media loving hates Diblasio, its been turned into the above.

DIblasio still loving sucks for recommending people to go out in early March, but you still have to recognize the propoganda.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

shovelbum posted:

Lol that the left refused to counterprotest AT ALL an armed chud movement that is going to kill millions bc the Trump admin told us to stay home and trust the govt

there were counter protests in KC MO

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

oxsnard posted:

doesn't polling show like 75% of the country thinks the worst is yet to come?

Yep. And they're right.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

GA has done less than 100k tests, so only 6+ million to go in the next 10 days, easy

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Norton posted:

They aren't going to reopen the chud states because of the protests. The protests are small and would be easily ignored, but they are astroturfed by republicans who are trying to create a narrative excuse for ending quarantine. The protests are just there so the media can pretend that people WANT to go back to work and die. For some reason these protests worked suddenly and the government is going to listen to a few whiny people with signs??? They already wanted to open up so they can kick everyone off unemployment.

yeah, this. astroturfed chud protests are a channel for money to push their messaging. they provide a public excuse to chud politicians so they can do what they wanted to do already. the protests don't cause anything, they justify things.

this does not mean that real grassroots protests cannot work, but it's a completely different dynamic. it's "what power already wanted to do" vs "what power does not want and must be forced to do"

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

shovelbum posted:

I mean no, we're being murdered and no one's even holding up a sign.

Care to review the worst cases here:
1) 20% CFR untreated
2) endemic covid killing millions a year
3) it's like herpes and hides in your nerves but instead of itching you get SARS
We cannot rule any of these out yet bc no one is actually researching this thing

Lmao but my mental health is the big concern

Just going to point out that there is zero evidence of any of these things.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

shovelbum posted:

It's contagious and deadly but the cats out of the bag bc these guys are getting their demands met bc there were no other voices, few thousand self selected exposures vs all measures ending next week isn't an absurdity

They were always going to get their demands met, the power of wealthy capitalists will not be denied until theres a second waves of deaths later this year. And only then temporarily.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

shovelbum posted:

1) 20% CFR untreated
3) it's like herpes and hides in your nerves but instead of itching you get SARS
We cannot rule any of these out yet bc no one is actually researching this thing

don't worry about it

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dustcat posted:

the assumption here seems to be that people needing to work to eat would lead to jobs reappearing, which is obviously false

also, unless you force schools to reopen, many people won't be able to work even if the job is there

if you cut off unemployment benefits, you won't force people to work, you'll force them to commit crimes and/or start food riots

I don't think a lot of teachers would go back to work honestly

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Dustcat posted:

conservatives are bootlickers to their cores and assume that we'll all just die rather than commit crimes

also they want us to commit crimes so they can shoot us, it's a very nuanced ideology

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

shovelbum posted:

1) 20% CFR untreated

:tinfoil:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

I was gonna say yikes we're already at 'kill yourself if you even start to cough' levels of terror but this account registered today so I'm gonna assume it's one of you having a laugh

it's probably permabanned user crust punk guy

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

BardoTheConsumer posted:

We can't rule them out and it going endemic like the common cold but SARS is p much certain outside NZ and Taiwan

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The "protests" make me furious too but I think it would be helpful for people to remember that right now is still only the beginning of the Plague Age, and there is literally no way for the derpy business owners to get what they want.

The V shaped recovery is a myth brought about by magical thinking. If chuds wanna go out and get sick that's not our loving problem. Your time is better spent doing mutual aid stuff, protecting yourself and your own community, and buying a gun

Do I wish this was a 4X strategy game where I had full control over the whole country? Sure, but that's not how it is, bring that focus down to a more local level for now

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Dustcat posted:

Republicans don't care if poor people commit crime or start riots. Those are just excuses to send out their thugs to teach these people a 'lesson'. They want those excuses. Believe what you will about what organized desperate people are capable of, the republicans in the state of Georgia don't share those same beliefs.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Norton posted:

They aren't going to reopen the chud states because of the protests. The protests are small and would be easily ignored, but they are astroturfed by republicans who are trying to create a narrative excuse for ending quarantine. The protests are just there so the media can pretend that people WANT to go back to work and die. For some reason these protests worked suddenly and the government is going to listen to a few whiny people with signs??? They already wanted to open up so they can kick everyone off unemployment.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

shovelbum posted:

We can't rule them out and it going endemic like the common cold but SARS is p much certain outside NZ and Taiwan

Only the reason the common cold is endemic is because there are dozens of strains that constantly mutate, which we have seen no evidence of this virus doing.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010

shovelbum posted:

It helps that they're armed, even an armed rabble of 200 is going to be p much unstoppable without federal forces that are never coming

exactly one single can of tear gas would clear every single one of those decrepit white rabbles

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Norton posted:

reminder that except for one state, Massachusetts, none of the gig/temp/self employed/sole proprietors who were promised unemployment are able to even apply for it. these reopening states are never, ever going to let these people get those benefits. except for lobbyists , they'll get them because the state buildings are closed

not like any of this is going to matter, because sweden has proven already that all nightlife/tourism is gonna die no matter what the govt tells people to do. gently caress it

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

why woul dyou put your hand over your anus whilst farting, it would make your hand smell of the fart?

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
lol @ covid

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

BardoTheConsumer posted:

no this is a magic coronavirus unlike all other ones

also this thread rediscovers the importance of oxygen every few days from clickbait proclaiming how, you know, every part of your body gets hosed up if you can’t get enough oxygen into your blood. its morbidly amusing to see people freak out learning how important the lungs are to overall function after i saw someone i know go downhill to all but dead from pulmonary fibrosis lol. like did anyone remember anything they learned from biology

cant wait for people to find out advanced respiratory failure causes irreversible brain damage, and not the good kind people have in cspam

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

uh

there's about 205 million people in the working age of 15 - 64 years old. to test 60% by the end of april means testing 12.3 million people per day. lmfao, citigroup isn't optimistic, they're idiots.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

shovelbum posted:

lol maybe you should read some of the hundreds of papers a day that are being published??

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

the best part about kemp is the atlanta mayor is going to keep the city locked down

they just can't get unemployment benefits now lmao christ that guy is loving vile

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
oxygen is the rocket fuel. little rocket man, heh

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Only the reason the common cold is endemic is because there are dozens of strains that constantly mutate, which we have seen no evidence of this virus doing.

30 different strains in China
also there's zero reason to be optimistic right now, let the dude have his harmless doomsaying

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I was taught that it was polite to cover my rear end while farting

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Spergin Morlock posted:

wheres the penis?

in my mouth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

exactly one single can of tear gas would clear every single one of those decrepit white rabbles

that's how you know they're fake protests