Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it should be illegal for a game to have cats and dogs and no button to pet cat or dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

jesus WEP posted:

it should be illegal for a game to have cats and dogs and no button to pet cat or dog

RE4 doesn't have a button to pet but it has a button to save, is that acceptable?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

jesus WEP posted:

That’s why Far Cry Primal is the second best one

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish japan was more dog friendly

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Also Yakuza is not even the best Sega Japanese life simulator (it's Shenmue) (I will not accept any constructive criticism on this take).

*that'sbait.gif*

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

You have no idea just how genuinely I hold that good, right opinion.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

You have no idea just how genuinely I hold that good, right opinion.

It's ok - we don't have to agree to be friends :)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

https://youtu.be/w-wZrHoiFiE

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Shenmue is very good too but it doesn't have Saejima, the sensational character find of the 2010s

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

disaster report 4 has a small amount of this spirit in it. but very little voice acting

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
So...how's everyone holding up?

Just a general mental health check across the board.

CobiWann fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Apr 21, 2020

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

fine

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

fine

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Not great

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I have zero motivation to do this university poo poo anymore. These last essays and exams are just awful. Just a few weeks of this left but I can barely get myself to turn on the computer anymore each day. Applying for jobs is more exciting than writing some garbage I’ll forget about in five minutes. But I’ll make it through because I have to.

Otherwise I’m doing alright. Been trying to phone and do Zoom videos with friends and family a lot instead of mostly Whatsapping with them and it’s nice. Feel like listening to other people’s voices and getting to talk myself is doing good things to my brain. The weather starting to be legit nice finally is also a positive thing

Thanks for asking CobiWann, how are you :)

Edit: I guess you weren’t supposed to comment but I’m a rebel and an idiot

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

NienNunb posted:

Not great

Hang in there. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully it's not a freight train coming your way...

extradite THIS! posted:

Thanks for asking CobiWann, how are you :)

Nothing's on fire. I'm actually having more trouble keeping track of the hours vs. the weekdays...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm alright, spent all of last night building my first Master Grade gunpla.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

CobiWann posted:

Bored with my current job, but realizing I should be overjoyed just to have one, still. I've got an interview tomorrow for a new job that would pay way more than I realistically ever thought I'd make, but it's an oil and gas company so I realize I'd basically be selling my soul. Six figures is six figures, though.

I'm sure there has to be a German word (or maybe one of the Scandinavian languages) for "I've got my own problems but I'm doing fairly alright in context, however I do definitely feel bad about not having it as hard as so many other people out there".

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Apr 21, 2020

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Doing decent, gonna watch more one piece today

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CobiWann posted:

I had a real wobble this afternoon. First time in several years that I'd thought about self harm but it lifted within an hour so that's a bullet dodged.

Otherwise I've been fine, just started reading a boatload of comics with all this time, combined with really unseasonably pleasant weather that have been just nice for chilling in the garden.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm mostly okay, but definitely feeling some anxiety the past couple days for no particular reason. My job isn't going anywhere (and has rather gotten busier), so there's nothing really specific about it.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

CobiWann posted:

Everything that goes wrong is the worst thing to ever happen for about 10 minutes. But once those moments pass I'm holding up ok.

Coping during non work hours with copious amounts of weed and MLB The Show. My Road to the Show guy (named Scoot Tatum which I think I cribbed from this board) hung on for the batting Triple Crown and dragged the Marlins to a one game playoff for the Wild Card only lay an egg and get walked off by Mookie Betts. It was way more disappointing than it should have been.

I fuckin' miss baseball and I almost never watched it when it was on.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Critical posted:

I fuckin' miss baseball and I almost never watched it when it was on.

:( :hf: :(

I'm a Pirates fan and I loving miss baseball too.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Could be better though I got stressed at my parents not following the stay at home order, getting into a fight and then one parent traveling to a different state to get away from each other and ghosting during the time they were gone.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

NienNunb posted:

Also Yakuza is not even the best Sega Japanese life simulator

Seaman

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

john wick 3 more like john wick 3/10

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yes, it did come out on march 10th. Don't read past this part yet. made you look.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

you dirty rat!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Junpei Hyde posted:

Doing decent, gonna watch more one piece today

How far are you

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i saw the above post when it was posted, and i thought at that time that it said, "how dare you?" and now i've seen what it really says. Not sure why i joker's tricked myself

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

john wick 3 more like john wick 3/10

It's actually the best of the trilogy my good bitch

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

CobiWann posted:

Conflicted, I'm being proven right at every turn, but I didn't really wanna be right, I just wanted to know what happens. Now that I know, I wanna get out of here but the borders are closed.

At least I've somehow used this as an excuse to sober up, and I'm down like 10 pounds and have established a rhythm for IF.

Actually now that I think about it I'm doing better than I have in years, other than now not having any kind of pain relief for the occasional pain due to having wisdom teeth that need to come out.

But my reasons for doing well are really obviously due to survival instincts kicking in, which is terrifying.

Thanks for asking.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!
I dreamed about going to the moon in a Space-X rocket with a bunch of people and we made a water landing in Florida and I swam to the surface but instead of going where I was supposed to go I just wandered the streets and somehow the 1 shop that Elon Musk is trying to buy next to their facility that won't sell was there so I went inside and talked to the old man who owns it until he went to sleep then I spent the night walking around decently busy streets until the sun was coming up and I went in to a church inside which it was the 80s, and when I went out the back door I ended up in an alley where some dude was playing with a basketball but also shooting a pistol, I wanted to chat so I offered him a smoke and he put the gun away and refused the smoke but then came close to me and pulled out a knife and then I woke up.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I've got a bandana, I've got gloves, combined I've got the ability to go to the grocery store. Fully stocked up on groceries and ready to sit back and relax for a while. Just wish I felt like doing any of my numerous recreational activities that I have no energy for.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

CobiWann posted:

Exhausted

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’m doing okay. I’m kind of sad and mopey but mostly fine. Working really hard at being okay with being sad and mopey.

We’ve got a mouse in the house. The mouse’s name is Fred. We’re gonna kill Fred.

I Before E posted:

I'm alright, spent all of last night building my first Master Grade gunpla.

Oh sweet, which one?

loving love Gunpla. I wish it didn’t gently caress with my fingers so much to hold a pair of cutters for like an hour. There’s some small muscle in my index finger that loving HATES building Gunpla so I only do it like every six weeks or so, and even then it’s only like two or three pages of instructions at a time.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

How far are you

Skypiea, but I've seen further previously

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Junpei Hyde posted:

Skypiea, but I've seen further previously

Best arc next

Junpei Hyde