Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
His exercises have turned on him :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My favourite trend of late has been Bryan not understanding why no-one else rates Bianca Belair as highly as he does.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/allan_cheapshot/status/1252477084045398020?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

His exercises have turned on him :(

Bryan sounded so bewildered and Dave so sad, haha.

Dave: I'll have to actually JUST watch Raw :smith:

Popeston
Feb 1, 2009

Urbi et Orci

Jerusalem posted:

First 30 seconds of WOR is just an exhausted Dave insisting that April MUST be over by now :allears:

From what you told me, although I don't believe it, we're still in April.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
"Make-up sex! Make-up sex!"

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Oh god. The Schadenfreude guys (Brookes, Davis, Fletcher and Lykos) have started a podcast:

https://twitter.com/SCHADENGRAPS/status/1252507473677705216?s=19

hell of a reason to listen i'd say

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Does Twitch have a premium VOD functionality of any sort? Would be possible for Bryan to move the video subscription service from Vimeo to Twitch?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Incessant Excess posted:

Does Twitch have a premium VOD functionality of any sort? Would be possible for Bryan to move the video subscription service from Vimeo to Twitch?

iirc you can do videos that only paid subscribers get to see.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Wazzu posted:

Your new world champion! Elbow to the side of the head!

And if you want to complain about Bryan not remembering things, check out at 55 minutes where he talks about bobbing for apples and forgets earlier in the show where they clarified it is bobbing for pumpkins in chocolate syrup. Like he says "in tar or something" and Vinny has to remind him it's chocolates syrup, as they discussed 20 minutes ago.

Bryan should get his brain checked.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Numero6 posted:

Bryan should get his brain checked.

i wouldn't want to listen to him then, though

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Excellent news on WOL that Sempervive is out for a few days so we're getting a full week of Jim.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
So I guess I put this here.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1252827465749155840
We haven't really moved past "shock" yet, but this loving sucks.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan sounded so bewildered and Dave so sad, haha.

Dave: I'll have to actually JUST watch Raw :smith:

I was expecting a very sad age discussion but luckily neither of them seemed to come to that conclusion.

I'm curious: Are people listening to more podcasts during the lockdown or less? I would assume most people are listening to more, but I'm barely listening to any. I listened to most podcasts during my commute, and now I don't have a commute, so I "don't have time" for them. It's weird.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

I was expecting a very sad age discussion but luckily neither of them seemed to come to that conclusion.

I'm curious: Are people listening to more podcasts during the lockdown or less? I would assume most people are listening to more, but I'm barely listening to any. I listened to most podcasts during my commute, and now I don't have a commute, so I "don't have time" for them. It's weird.

i listened to all my podcasts going to/from work, and at work. now that i'm wfh i can watch streams or some old tv show or w/e in the background, so podcasts have taken a back seat. sorry podcasts.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

I listen to podcasts while playing games which I've been doing more of, so now, having exhausted even the WOLs, I've started to familiarize myself with Vic Sosa, Les Thatcher and Karl Stern.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

By the time this pandemic is over, Dave is going to be a full blown comrade

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Bernie, go on WOR.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan gave up, they did the penultimate Nitro and Raw on the B&V Show tonight, will do the final next week and Wrestlemania 17 the week after that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm listening to B&V review the debut Nitro and the audio show is a weird time capsule in a lot of ways (the ice bucket challenge lol), but it also opens with Bryan and Vinny saying Raw was terrible and maybe the worst of the year (2014) so in a lot of ways it's not.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

I swear I saw an article early in quarantine that podcast downloads dropped quite bit, probably because of the commuter factor, but I can't find the article now and it was like a month ago at this point so I dunno if the trend stuck or not

Personally I'm listening to more because I feel too scatterbrained to focus so I just play video games and zone out to nerd voices.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I'm listening to way less, I have a news podcast I listen to most weekdays and try to get to all the WORs and WOLs but very little else is getting heard because I'm listening to music way more.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm listening to a bit less because alot of them don't have a lot to talk about right now. Sports podcasts really feel this. There's only so much "WWE is bad, sky is blue" that I can take.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

RBX posted:

I'm listening to a bit less because alot of them don't have a lot to talk about right now. Sports podcasts really feel this. There's only so much "WWE is bad, sky is blue" that I can take.

I'm kind of in this same boat. I feel like I'm technically getting through a similar amount of podcasts, but I'm not paying attention as much as I used to at all. So it's literally just background noise while I read something else or am prepping dinner or working in the yard.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

yea ok posted:

i listened to all my podcasts going to/from work, and at work. now that i'm wfh i can watch streams or some old tv show or w/e in the background, so podcasts have taken a back seat. sorry podcasts.

Same here.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I've been tuning in for the live twitch streams because it's funny to watch old men try to figure out bits

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

i would’ve assumed the same with people having more hours sitting around not really doing anything, but it turns out i work and then i do a lot of the same stuff after work, which is namely not sitting around and listening to people talk. my time getting ready in the morning and commuting was my dedicated wor/b+v time but now that’s mostly gone so i’ve listened to less and less.

the guy who runs the ios podcasting app overcast said listening minutes overall were down about 15%, i believe?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"Once [Chyna] and Triple H were done, [WWE] had nothing for her." :(

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dango Bango posted:

"Once [Chyna] and Triple H were done, [WWE] had nothing for her." :(

wasn't the Latino Heat stuff post-breakup?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
This was a great show, and Joe comes up a lot, so please check it out.
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/1253067840925716481

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

A lot of podcasts lost their ad support because numbers are way down across the board. The commute was a much bigger chunk of viewership then people expected.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Podcasts are syndicated radio now so it makes sense.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Benne posted:

A lot of podcasts lost their ad support because numbers are way down across the board. The commute was a much bigger chunk of viewership then people expected.

I thought the loss of ad support was more that companies are pulling back on ad spend since no one is buying anything.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's it. All the stores are closed, people aren't working, so why advertise?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was listening to fewer podcasts but then FFVII Remake came out and it's mostly a good podcast game other than for big story beats.

RBX posted:

That's it. All the stores are closed, people aren't working, so why advertise?

To let us know that THEY'RE THERE FOR US and WILL STILL BE HERE when things open again like 90% of the other ads are right now )=

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Rick posted:

To let us know that THEY'RE THERE FOR US and WILL STILL BE HERE when things open again like 90% of the other ads are right now )=

God, I ended up watching TV at 2am a few days ago and the ad breaks were both shockingly long and also every other ad was some variant on "We're here to make lockdown life easier" bollocks. It was enough to make me beg for a podcast mattress ad.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rick posted:

FFVII Remake came out and it's mostly a good podcast game other than for big story beats.

Same deal with Dragon Quest XI for me, when I'm just moving about in the world and beating up trash mobs it's nice to have podcasts playing in the background.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

I'm listening to about the same amount of podcasts because I listen to podcasts while gaming

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

njsykora posted:

God, I ended up watching TV at 2am a few days ago and the ad breaks were both shockingly long and also every other ad was some variant on "We're here to make lockdown life easier" bollocks. It was enough to make me beg for a podcast mattress ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM3J9jDoaTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I Before E posted:

I'm listening to about the same amount of podcasts because I listen to podcasts while gaming

Yeah fire pro wrestling is legit the best podcasting game. Half the game is spent fiddling with options.