Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

gonna go to war and liberals are gonna be "i was always against war, i just wanted to PUNISH china"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

nikosoft posted:

Should I get a hammock? If I get furloughed, I just want to spend all day in a banana hammock in my back yard, playing my switch and lazily dreaming, right up until I get stabbed in the stomach by a roving bands of marauders. It sounds really nice.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

maybe when some people say 'normal' they don't mean "literally everything is as it was last year" but just "able to visit friends and family in person without having to worry about spreading contagion"

next you're gonna tell me that you aren't getting enough seeds and paint

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1252556817772744704
:aaaaa:

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

*racing into thread, coughing and out of breath* "quar..... *coough* quaran... quarantina grande"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

America needs to report only 377 more deaths today to hit the 45,000 death milestone

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

nikosoft posted:

Should I get a hammock? If I get furloughed, I just want to spend all day in a hammock in my back yard, playing my switch and lazily dreaming, right up until I get stabbed in the stomach by a roving bands of marauders. It sounds really nice.

imo they aren't actually that comfortable to be in for a long time and can get pretty dirty so get some way to cover it or something I guess I dunno

I haven't had one since I was a little kid although my friends and I always got a ton of mileage out of like getting it in it and holding on to the sides while the other person pushed it really hard or sometimes so hard that it spun around, like a homemade pirate ship ride

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i really hope karma has something in store for him. i will not type out the details, you all know what i mean

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Number demands blood

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Stefan Prodan posted:

imo they aren't actually that comfortable to be in for a long time and can get pretty dirty so get some way to cover it or something I guess I dunno

I haven't had one since I was a little kid although my friends and I always got a ton of mileage out of like getting it in it and holding on to the sides while the other person pushed it really hard or sometimes so hard that it spun around, like a homemade pirate ship ride

You cant appreciate a hammock until you're old enough to want to lie down instead of working and that isnt anything a kid gets

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

nikosoft posted:

Should I get a hammock? If I get furloughed, I just want to spend all day in a hammock in my back yard, playing my switch and lazily dreaming, right up until I get stabbed in the stomach by a roving bands of marauders. It sounds really nice.

Plus you can sleep in it when you get evicted

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
We couldn't beat the Taliban and people want a war with CHINA? As in, "been around for thousands of years" CHINA?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

You cant appreciate a hammock until you're old enough to want to lie down instead of working and that isnt anything a kid gets

yeah no I get it but also as an adult I have to consider how dirty it gets which I did not as a kid, and my parents had a rope hammock so I mean you could get leaves out of it and all but I dunno how you'd ever really get it clean

I'm not real sure how you even clean the fabric ones either, but I never looked into it since I don't have one now

I mean I guess you could just put a beach towel or blanket down tho

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

extremely excited to find out what happens when China just says OK our bad hang on a sec while we raise some dollar bills to pay y'all back and dumps a trillion $ of US bonds on the market
:getin:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

nikosoft posted:

This is perfect hammock weather. Great for reading a book until you fall asleep

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

For goddsakes someone filibuster this latest Covid bill

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

you first, bitch

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
if i were rich i'd have a whole room that was just a hammock. just scramble across it and pick a spot to chill

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Meanwhile NYC now has 0.17% of the population dead from covid which is approaching the upper bound of the IFR estimates from those garbage rear end serosurveys.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

oh no what if my hammock gets leaves in it

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

browsing online for the latest high tech solution to my napping problem, the precision engineering product "hammock"

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
I guess I'm afraid of the spider aspect, like if a spider decides it's a good place to make their web and hang out at night and then I lay down in the hammock and surprise! There's a black widow. This is a reoccurring fear of mine, because I'm a child.

If it gets dirty I would hose it off, although maybe that works best if the material is synthetic. I was kind of thinking one of those rope hammocks so I could better visually assess the spider threat before using it.

Although now yall got me looking at reclining chaises instead.

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Hank Scorpio : Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
Homer : Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
Hank Scorpio : Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
Homer : Uh-huh.
Hank Scorpio : There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
Homer : Mm-Hmm.
Hank Scorpio : That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
Homer : Oh, the hammock district!
Hank Scorpio : That's right.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Spergin Morlock posted:

i really hope karma has something in store for him. i will not type out the details, you all know what i mean

i hope someone poops in his coffee

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

rump buttman posted:

your town doesn’t have theee hammock stores?

i can't ever go back to the hammock district

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

still, all thjis time later, LOLing that some dude in seattle got this whole country sick

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

B-Rock452 posted:

Ohhh will we hit 45000 today? Wasn't conservative media just saying we will max out at 60,000 deaths?

Oh man I think we are going to do it!

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dustcat posted:

oh no what if my hammock gets leaves in it

a big hunk of fabric that you leave outside under trees and in weather 24/7 is gonna get a lot worse than leaves on it but again I admit there may be ways to clean it that aren't too bad that I just am not aware of

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The new right-wing story is "deaths aren't actually increasing, we're just getting results back now from people who died a long time ago, we hit the peak two weeks ago!"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Animal-Mother posted:

We couldn't beat the Taliban and people want a war with CHINA? As in, "been around for thousands of years" CHINA?
yes and the american government is playing a game to see how much harder they can declare war on china than the other guy

lmao nuke america

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Schnorkles posted:

to be clear I don't think he will, because I think that no one is willing to step on that grenade in Washington right now, and they'll all say (even bernie) that 450b is better than nothing

yeah this is true and it's infuriating. none of the dems seem to get that the alternative to a bad bill isn't no bill, that's not politically feasible, it's a better bill.

i do think that some of them, like bernie, don't want to make a mess because he knows that schumer won't have his back and in fact will organize to pass this poo poo sandwich bill around him, and it'll just hurt his stature in the party with the low info idiots who see politics as a team sport. but enough is enough.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Zberan Madowinty posted:

The new right-wing story is "deaths aren't actually increasing, we're just getting results back now from people who died a long time ago, we hit the peak two weeks ago!"

i checked him two weeks ago and he was dead, just got around to reporting it now, my bad

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Zberan Madowinty posted:

technically true, since many of them were probably hosed the moment they got corona

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

GO BIRDS

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
idiots, the virus will see the death count hit 60,000 and magically turn into a rainbow, birds will sing, you idiots, you dont know anyth

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

yeah this is true and it's infuriating. none of the dems seem to get that the alternative to a bad bill isn't no bill, that's not politically feasible, it's a better bill.

i do think that some of them, like bernie, don't want to make a mess because he knows that schumer won't have his back and in fact will organize to pass this poo poo sandwich bill around him, and it'll just hurt his stature in the party with the low info idiots who see politics as a team sport. but enough is enough.
their ultimate game plan is "push for war with china to distract from this"

president xi just end this country now

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Stefan Prodan posted:

a big hunk of fabric that you leave outside under trees and in weather 24/7 is gonna get a lot worse than leaves on it but again I admit there may be ways to clean it that aren't too bad that I just am not aware of

i mean you don't HAVE to leave it outside 24/7

really i'm just hammocking you because when i was a kid we had a hammock at my grandpa's summerplace that he had made out of a chunk of discarded conveyor belt from the paper mill he worked at and, honestly, yeah it got some leaves in it sometimes, but we had our ways of dealing with them, viz. tipping the drat thing over so the leaves fell out

perhaps it was a more innocent time

Necronormiecon
Mar 12, 2019

Farewell, sweet Nerevar. Better luck on your next incarnation.
what if 5G towers prevent the expansion of Covid in a similar way to how the pylons of Cadia prevented the expansion of the Eye of Terror

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

give me liberty morans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

BrownianMotion posted:

still, all thjis time later, LOLing that some dude in seattle got this whole country sick

go on