Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Zeno-25 posted:

It's almost like the government SHOULD be incentivizing people to stay home during a pandemic :magemage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Nice Polite Republicans.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

It suspends like a motherfucker. Walk into the wrong elevator and you're screwed.

So if one person in my building gets it we're probably all going to eventually get it.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I’ve only skimmed the last few dozen pages since yesterday, but seriously ? no good news at all today?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I’ve only skimmed the last few dozen pages since yesterday, but seriously ? no good news at all today?

We're in trouble.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

everything is fine

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

when you don't have a bandanna or mask

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

number go UP!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

openin up, baby

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

it depends on who you ask but, keep an eye on your bean supply

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Well we did learn that Sars 2 can stay infectious in the air for 16hrs when aerosolized :D

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
https://twitter.com/charliegilenbc/status/1252774016412155910?s=21

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

I am not watching. What is terrible?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

research out of china suggests the virus is less likely to transmit to people who have ever received a negative test result

this doesn't seem like something you could actually prove? or at least it seems like data are so incomplete and the testing used to get current data seems not really accurate enough to support anything outside of "number go up" in an abstract representation of reality

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/tom-brady-caught-working-out-tampa-park-closed-because-coronavirus-n1188461?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

quote:

The worker "saw an individual working out in one of our downtown parks, and she went over to tell him that it was closed — and it was Tom Brady," Castor said.

Hillsborough County, where Tampa is located, had 973 positive COVID-19 cases including 19 deaths, according to the state health department. Florida overall has had more than 27,000 cases with 823 deaths.

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Mr Hootington posted:

everything

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

Okay everyone, back to work!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

like I guess you could just say "people likely to of been tested and are exposed to corona during testing" while people who just stayed the gently caress away from hospitals and testing centers don't get exposed.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Mr Hootington posted:

It's real good

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1252782070209949696?s=20

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

facetoucher cat posted:

this is her blog

https://www.kentuckymoonbow.com/blog/url-9wj2b

she's the one who laid her own workers off

she thinks if people get money they'll never work again

this poo poo is already true for everyone whose only lifeline has been disability lmao

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

everyONe is talking about opening up, they are all very interested in opening up, i dont understand what is this opening up business?? what does it mean???

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

:( the kids programming is still good right?

Wishbone, between the lions

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Marzzle posted:

this doesn't seem like something you could actually prove? or at least it seems like data are so incomplete and the testing used to get current data seems not really accurate enough to support anything outside of "number go up" in an abstract representation of reality
It's a joke.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

do they subtly blame chyna for the whole situation? That's about as bad as I can imagine it getting lol

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/1252782704313208832

how long ago did people say to buy pulse oximeters (I bought one) and then other people said that was stupid?

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Mr Hootington posted:

:( the kids programming is still good right?

Wishbone, between the lions

I hear the libs got their fingers in the children's programming too and now it's just centrist brainwashing about meritocracy

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Marzzle posted:

do they subtly blame chyna for the whole situation? That's about as bad as I can imagine it getting lol

not so far, that I can tell but I'm only half watching and playing with my cat, I'm going to have to watch again and pay attention. I've been out of weed for days and I can't focus on anything more than 15 seconds

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Sir Tonk posted:

what the gently caress is with NPR's framing

they're all "Lazy workers make more doing nothing instead of making covid! I mean coffee! :argh:"

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/1252782704313208832

how long ago did people say to buy pulse oximeters (I bought one) and then other people said that was stupid?

it's not entirely useless now I know my SpO2 is basically in the normal range at all times

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

When does the covid related no smelling or tasting kick in and is it all taste and smells?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is gonna change
I close my eyes, begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face

With [stores] wide open
Under the sunlight
Welcome to this place
I'll show you everything

With [stores] wide open
With [stores] wide open

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

open by may!

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

stay strog Boston!

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

galenanorth posted:

they're all "Lazy workers make more doing nothing instead of making covid! I mean coffee! :argh:"

I would hate to grow up hearing NPR today and thinking it's editorial slant is representative of the actual world. I still listen but I'm constantly picking out actual bullshit and "banker/thinktank/'consultant'" bullshit that they just can't seem to stop having on (spoiler, they have them on because their corporate and right wing donor base demand it)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

lmao

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

omg lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost