Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

they have on some loving goldman sachs analyst to try and sell oPeNiNg Up FoR bUsSiNeSs at least once a day.

I like 1A's angle usually but they ended up with one of those "sponsored content" seeming things today as well :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918863&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1006#post504290183

It's airborne airborne and lasts a long time

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1252784458937352192

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/1252784957908561924?s=20

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

every single one of us is going to get it... is this what they mean by opening up... opening up my heart to covid and allowing it to take me??

ICMB
May 28, 2003
Iron Chef MonkeyButt

Simple, if you don't consider the employees "people".

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

facetoucher cat posted:

https://twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/status/1252782704313208832

how long ago did people say to buy pulse oximeters (I bought one) and then other people said that was stupid?

Those people were right and you are stupid for buying one. Lust for death is the only valid roni stance.

e: bean death is a valid form of death still

In other news retail numbers are in for last month in Australia and guess what. That's right, number go up baby

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

excited to see this used to justify the absolute necessity of mail in ballots and then the republicans suiciding the november elections because their brains are insanely broken at winning elections no matter the cost and mail in ballots only benefit the dems

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

BrownianMotion posted:

every single one of us is going to get it... is this what they mean by opening up... opening up my heart to covid and allowing it to take me??

Sure.... "heart"

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Those people were right and you are stupid for buying one. Lust for death is the only valid roni stance.

e: bean death is a valid form of death still

In other news retail numbers are in for last month in Australia and guess what. That's right, number go up baby

loving it don’t matter but it’s ok to have an odometer

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

gonna cancel the elections, I can feel it in my bones. or it will be something where you only mail in for federal elections and state level will force you to vote in person

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

hmbol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Heartcatch posted:

Nice Polite Republicans.

yeah thats the other good one

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

You gotta hand it to the roni, its just a molecule and it's really loving our poo poo up and putting paid to any delusions of grandeur the human race has held

A genuine David v Goliath story.

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Marzzle posted:

gonna cancel the elections, I can feel it in my bones. or it will be something where you only mail in for federal elections and state level will force you to vote in person

this sounds good until you realize keeping the elections going works really well for Rs, who if i had to bet i would wager they will sacrifice many of their olds via voting in person on the mantle of preventing fraud to win a single election

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
roni makes your body go "stop hitting yourself" so hard you die

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

There it is.
What I had feared all this time

alright which one of you is this

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

facetoucher cat posted:

how long ago did people say to buy pulse oximeters (I bought one) and then other people said that was stupid?

gently caress yea I bought one that day too. been checking it sporadically, but guess now ill be checking it every day!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

facetoucher cat posted:

mid February SA was recommending them.

I bought mine in early March. I think shortly after that the $20 versions were completely wiped out which is probably when people started saying it was stupid to get them

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
lmao who let my mayor have a phone this morning

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1252694095908265990?s=20

can't tell if drunk or senile tbh

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
This is all just so depressing now

TowerofOil
May 22, 2007

You don't need a doctor, I'm a christian scientist.

Bread Liar

BrownianMotion posted:

Covid is the holy ghost in the trinity

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
u gotta drain the covid out of your balls every day

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Horny is allowed?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

mod sassinator posted:

u gotta drain the covid out of your balls every day

is that why the doctor asks you to cough when they cup your balls

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Stereotype posted:

It's always been depressing, now the rich are saying the quiet part loud and are more than willing to sacrifice the people they've been extorting via paycheck so they can keep their own funds up.

This is going to get violent real quick, especially when the second wave hits. I don't care if America has various means to stifle dissent and rebellion. That just means the eventual counter to it will be even more violent and result in more deaths.

Happy times all around, it seems.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's always been depressing, now the rich are saying the quiet part loud and are more than willing to sacrifice the people they've been extorting via paycheck so they can keep their own funds up.

This is going to get violent real quick, especially when the second wave hits. I don't care if America has various means to stifle dissent and rebellion. That just means the eventual counter to it will be even more violent and result in more deaths.

lol americans will take it and ask for another

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

goddamn that is a serious own, good job npr!

Also, another thing NPR failed to realize: the CARES act's $600 per week only lasts until July 25-31st, 2020. Nobody is making 60k a loving year off of it unless it's extended.

I do like the idea that it's okay for some states to be poverty-ridden cesspools and others not, degree excluded. Maybe we should be taking a look at why that is instead of accepting it, too.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

It's especially insane to open up because there aren't going to be any customers for basically anyone until your chances of catching the virus are lower, and it isn't going to be lower if everywhere is open and people are out and about.

For some reason there is this false hope going around that we can at least fix the economy now since we seem to be incapable of stopping the virus, we just need to let a few more people die, but that is absolutely not the case. This is just a slow motion train wreck where governors are screaming "send in more trains" because none of the other trains arrived at their destination.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Tonight is my crack ping moment.
It isn't that often your worst fears are realized.

I cannot keep myself and my mother and brother safe. It doesn't matter I left my job, and we can hide for months eventually it's going to happen

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

just open the fucker up already

i cant wait

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Spinz posted:

Tonight is my crack ping moment.
It isn't that often your worst fears are realized.

I cannot keep myself and my mother and brother safe. It doesn't matter I left my job, and we can hide for months eventually it's going to happen

everything okay, forums poster?

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

Stereotype posted:

Just wait for the real second wave in the fall/winter... not the fake dip by reopening way too early which starts in the south in a couple days? lol

coke
Jul 12, 2009

fosborb posted:

mid February SA was recommending them.

I bought mine in early March. I think shortly after that the $20 versions were completely wiped out which is probably when people started saying it was stupid to get them

im trying to recommend people to get a car battery maintainer like a cheap ctek charger that will keep the car battery good forever if you even if you dont drive it for a long time

or else since the lead acid battery self discharges over time, especially during summer or hot days, you might get stranded if you ever need it in an emergency after this lock down

also turning the car on and just idling wont actually raise the alternator voltage high enough to charge, you actually need to actively having some load on the engine in order to charge the battery, and the alternator can barely maintain the charge on the battery means getting a charger should keep the battery going for a long while

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
In Hawaii everyone is still crazy on edge and no one wants to leave their house and we have had zero new cases two days in a row. What is wrong with these states where they are like "welp we had another 2000 people infected just today and it is still increasing every single day, but people really want to go out so we are going to force them to do that." How are they so disconnected from reality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

BrownianMotion posted:

this but coronavirus taking you away