Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

Vincent is Sephiroth's dad and doesn't know it because Lucretia lied to him about it. Hojo literally stole their kid against her will, but because she loves Vincent she wouldn't get him involved out of fear he'd go off and get himself killed. Vincent notices something is up (Lucretia's been missing? something like that) because he's a Turk, confronts Hojo, and Hojo picks up on the fact that Vincent doesn't know whose kid this Sephiroth is, so he claims that he knocked up Lucretia just to salt the wound, then shoots Vincent dead anyway and does crazy science on his corpse.

Vincent isn't found in Nibelheim anymore; he's in Junon, looking for Hojo, and when you meet him he is busy handing the Turks their asses. He is also, unfortunately, in a berserker state as the Galian Beast, so the party mistakes him for a monster and teams up (briefly) with the Turks to stop him from rampaging and hurting innocent people. After he's KO'd and turns back into a spooky vampire lad, the Turks are gonna ice his rear end, but the party is uncomfortable with any more summary executions at the hands of Shinra, and decides to escape with him in tow. When they grill him about what his deal is he turns out to be like a worse version of Cloud who explains basically nothing and is extremely unfriendly, instead of being this serene emo-boy like in FF7 or AC. When the party lets slip they're opposing Shinra and chasing Sephiroth, he insists on accompanying them, reasoning that he knows how Shinra operates very well, and he can help them get past security (super high on account of Rufus being in town) to reach the cruiser that will take them across the sea.

Vincent's unique action on Triangle will be a claw swipe melee attack that slightly refills his HP, MP, and Limit gauge, but you can hold the button to charge up its potency (and it has a cooldown). His Limits will be transformations, and the Limit gauge will begin draining whenever he activates them; when the gauge empties, he reverts back to his base form. In base form he's ranged; his damage is so-so but a lot of his weapon skills inflict status effects that the party normally can't access, like Doom or Lvl?Death. Transformed he's a melee bruiser but you cannot directly control him.

Bam, done. Hire me Square-Enix.

I get the feeling he's probably going to be taciturn but twice as awkward as Cloud because the party can get pretty rowdy and it makes for some ah...unique interactions. Cait Sith for example is going to be a treat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Haha, there's an NPC in Sector 7 talking about the new production of Loveless- "the ending's a bit different, but.... you'll understand!"

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Beefstew posted:

loving Genesis better not show up in Nibelheim like Crisis Core retconned. Him turning Sephiroth evil was the dumbest poo poo ever.

Anyway, here's the poo poo I still need to see in some form in the sequels:
- The other five playable characters
- Nibelheim flashback for context about Cloud's delusions and the shared history between him, Tifa, and Sephiroth
- Midgar Zolom
- Junon dolphin + crashing the parade
- Everyone getting into the worst disguises on the boat
- Costa del Sol, in some form
- North Corel, in some form
- Gold Saucer and the date
- Tifa and Cloud reconstructing their memories and healing (this is the emotional climax of the story and pretty much non-negotiable for me)

I'd still like for Aeris to die, and I think she still might. I think this time, if we're really going with the "Last Temptation of Aeris Gainsborough" premise, she will choose to go willingly, rather than getting killed in a way that is, at the time, senseless and random.

Genesis sucks and Gackt sucks, I don't care who knows it. Crisis Core was fun to play and features an ending that only really works as a video game, and it is one of my favorites of all time (that and Halo: Reach are pretty highly ranked for similar reasons). In this new Whispers-free destiny we're forging, Genesis and Angeal just don't exist or don't matter.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Genesis is bad but Gackt Is Good

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Harrow posted:

They might well start us at like level 20-30 or something so it's not like "you're somehow single-digit levels again after all of that" but at the same time you're also not starting halfway through the leveling

Personally, I'm figuring the next game will start at 25 and cap at 75, then the one after that--hopefully the final one--will cover 50-100.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

homeless snail posted:

I could live without ever seeing Genesis again. If he pops up during some tense moment quoting loving LOVELESS I'm going to admit the game is ruined.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

homeless snail posted:

This is the only good Gackt thing.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Schwartzcough posted:

Haha, there's an NPC in Sector 7 talking about the new production of Loveless- "the ending's a bit different, but.... you'll understand!"

Oh my god is there really :laffo:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Imhotep posted:

But I might be a sucker for meta stuff as the last SE game I liked before this was Nier Automata, and the last one before that was maybe KH2, or like ff7 or 9, although I barely remember 9 now and might not like it anymore.

I soured a lot on 9 over the years and I can't quite explain why. It used to be just about my favorite when I played it not too long after release, despite 7 being my first. Artistically I think it's still good and all but I'd rather play 8 any day of the week despite not really even loving half the cast.

As an adult the only main games I get into all that well excluding the MMOs are 7, 8, and 10. I have bad FF opinions though because no natter how hard I try, 6 just doesn't do it for me and I always lose interest a few hours or so in.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

I want a Vincent fan to sit down with me and explain what they find/found so interesting about him, because as an optional character he was pretty barebones in the original unlike Yuffie, and unlike Zack he doesn't have an EU game that people fondly remember on which to lean on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXCiCKu3Gps

Also guns and magic are cool.

Also if we're gonna talk about what we want of Vincent in FFVIIR-2, make him Magus. Bring back the 90s Antihero.

edit:

homeless snail posted:

Malice Mizer is love.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9ufe4TMaY

Makes me feel young again.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 22, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It was weird how Aerith used Mind Magic on Red and no one else, tbf

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think it's implied it happened with Marlene, too.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Schwartzcough posted:

Finally, the evidence! Nomura haters were right!!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Schwartzcough posted:

That’s incredible. Also I missed the bit with Aerith saying she thinks the flowers will have something to say if they fulfill a certain requirement, and I guess that made me think about it more but why does Aerith patting Red XIII on the head seemingly make him nice and if I understood it correctly, gives him some sort of knowledge? Like he knows about the whispers but I don’t remember if that was just what he knew and Aerith found out then, of if she knew all along, but basically: at what point does Aerith realize what’s up and knows enough to tell everyone at the end what they need to do going forward? I like that Sephiroth could’ve killed anyone but him killing Barrett was super unexpected, and him being saved was, I assume, a way for Sephiroth to give them a hint that the whispers are the manifestation of destiny or whatever, but in a subtle way that wouldn’t let them know that he’s trying to show them what they are, they probably just assume it wasn’t supposed to happen. I don’t know, I forgot the original plot, and I played in Japanese and I think that, combined with staying up way too late until I was delirious for several nights in a row made me forget a lot of important plot bits so I’m playing ng+ on hard in English rn and I’m on chapter 5.

Also, are these songs in the original? They’re also my other favorite songs in the game probably:
https://youtu.be/JIAUXUCwSgg
https://youtu.be/V0Wkx_kHW7U
https://youtu.be/SeLOmNyK4Sw
https://youtu.be/0m0AmrZJjyk

Basically seems like the comments suggest Hamauzu composed these or at least sound like his arrangement and texturally sounds like what he did in FFXIII which makes me slightly interested in playing it although I don’t think I have the patience to. I’ll at least listen to that soundtrack.

I love this like (old, like early 2000s English) dubstep version of this tune: https://youtu.be/FonxeSezrM4
it was probably my favorite remix of any of the originals aside from One Winged Angelo, Don Corneo’s theme and that trap remix of the chocobo theme, especially because that guy gives it to you like it’s his mixtape.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

triple sulk posted:

I soured a lot on 9 over the years and I can't quite explain why. It used to be just about my favorite when I played it not too long after release, despite 7 being my first. Artistically I think it's still good and all but I'd rather play 8 any day of the week despite not really even loving half the cast.

As an adult the only main games I get into all that well excluding the MMOs are 7, 8, and 10. I have bad FF opinions though because no natter how hard I try, 6 just doesn't do it for me and I always lose interest a few hours or so in.

My personal theory is that VI and IX, while good, are actually often trotted out as Best FF Ever choices because they explicitly are not VII or X, instead of being great games on their own merit. I don't want to say that everyone who says they like VI or IX does so as a pose, but it very much is the kind of thing wanna-be critics and intellectuals throw out there to establish their credentials. Not unlike discussing music; there was a funny article on the Front Page of SA back in the day about how to fake it as a music snob, and even though it's written as an obvious hyperbole and exaggeration, it's not really all that removed from reality. If you want to stand out amongst the fifty million people or whatever who liked FF7 and FF10, you have to not like them, or at least pretend that they aren't really all that great, because you, the Wise Video Game Knower, know better than those uncultured philistines.

FF6 is in the upper half of Final Fantasy titles for me, as is FF9, but I can think of four or five games that I'd rank higher on whatever meaningless scale I can conjure up. FF7, FF5, Tactics, FF12, FF10. Maybe not necessarily in that order? But I don't think it's an accident that VI, IX, and weirdly IV (which is kind of actually a bad game???) routinely come up on people's best-ever lists despite, by all numbers I can find, having significantly fewer sales and substantially less enduring popularity.

edit: to be crystal clear on this, again, if you like FF6 or FF9, I don't think you specifically are just faking it. I also don't think they're bad games! Like, at all.

edit2: gently caress now I'm gonna put them in order from best to worst. Judge me, I care not
FF7
Tactics
FF12
FF5
FF10
FF6
FF14 (maybe doesn't count???)
FF9
Tactics Advance
FF3 (DS re-release)
FF4
FF15
FF8
FF
FF13
FF2

I didn't play FF11 or Tactics Advance 2. Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core are omitted but if I had to add them I'd say DoC is the worst poo poo ever and CC is, like, right around Tactics Advance level. Maybe a bit lower.

guts and bolts fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 22, 2020

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Just Andi Now posted:

I think it's implied it happened with Marlene, too.

I think the remake is heavily doubling down on Marlene being a descendant from the Cetra too.

As for Red XIII, he is an animal and animals are more in touch with the Planet than humans, I guess?

6 is one my favorite due to it's core cast (ie. Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin), having some really good emotional beats specially in Terra, Celes and Locke's story and the bad guy winning . I wish the game didn't have so many side characters cause I can see how that would bring the game down for many to have so many inconsequential party members.

7 for the longest time didn't sit all that well with me, mostly because I had played it only twice back in 1999ish, and my most recent critical adult memories of it were tainted by the more recent AC and DoC, but after replaying it last year it climbed up to my top 5. Same happened with XII.

X-2 is my top 1 though and I will die on this lone island.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 22, 2020

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

lezard_valeth posted:

I want a Vincent fan to sit down with me and explain what they find/found so interesting about him, because as an optional character he was pretty barebones in the original unlike Yuffie, and unlike Zack he doesn't have an EU game that people fondly remember on which to lean on.

When I was 10 I saw that there was a guy with a gun in the manual and imagined that he'd be super cool when I recruited him and I hyped him up in my head the entire game. And by "entire game" I mean actually the entire game because I found the Shinra Mansion too spooky to fully explore (c'mon, I was 10) so I didn't actually recruit him until I'd already beaten the game.

So yeah, that's why I found him cool.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Clarste posted:

because I found the Shinra Mansion too spooky to fully explore

:same: I didn't find out about Vincent till I have finished the game because of this reason too. Dunno if was the music or the spooky enemies, but I rushed in and out of Shinra's Mansion without searching for the numbers for the safe.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

lezard_valeth posted:

6 is one my favorite due to it's core cast (ie. Terra, Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin), having some really good emotional beats specially in Terra, Celes and Locke's story and the bad guy winning . I wish the game didn't have so many side characters cause I can see how that would bring the game down for many to have so many inconsequential party members.

7 for the longest time didn't sit all that well with me, mostly because I had played it only twice back in 1999ish, and my most recent critical adult memories of it were tainted by the more recent AC and DoC, but after replaying it last year it climbed up to my top 5. Same happened with XII.

poo poo I completely forgot about X-2, XIII-2, and XIII-3. I actually kinda liked X-2! Not enough to rank it in my top, like...8... but it was fun. I enjoyed it. XIII-2 and XIII-3 always made me think that S-E was being entirely too arrogant, convinced that we actually did want more of Girl Cloud and the Bullshit Brigade and they were gonna force it on us whether we said we wanted it or not, but as I've gotten older I've changed my mind. I think the XIII sub-series was just bad in spite of talented people trying to make it good. Like they obviously tried to listen to fan feedback and change XIII-2 to be more of a, like, video game? That people might like? But the well was poisoned, and the cast was dreadful across every game. Lightning will always have my vote for the worst protagonist in any Final Fantasy, and that includes Steve Blum as Vincent. My favorites are probably Cloud, Terra, and Ramza. I think I'm gonna replay Final Fantasy Tactics pretty soon while I wait for FF7R-2 or the end of the civilized world, I guess, whichever comes first.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Spent a few hours tonight replaying the beginning of the original (just got to the plate drop) and it's incredible how much better the remake is in nearly every way. By this point I couldn't tell you any personality traits old Tifa has, old Barret is much duller when he's reduced to only the bare minimum, and old Aeris is about the same (but slightly more street; something I honestly miss and think the remake slightly whiffed on). And that's on top of all the other million little things done to make Midgar feel more alive, and make the player give a poo poo about anything that's going on. The rest of the game is in excellent hands if they can turn this into what we already got.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

lezard_valeth posted:

When X-2 is your favorite Final Fantasy, you'll never walk alone.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

X-2 is great except that it has a minigame which is "talk to everyone in the world every chapter and pick the correct choice out of 5 options", also known as "we really wanted to sell a guide". Also, Rikku aged backwards like 3 years mentally since FFX. But I think it has my favorite combat system out of every FF I've played, once you get past the fact that it's called a "garment grid".

I am kind of curious how many people's favorite Final Fantasy is the first one they played. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Qrr posted:

X-2 is great except that it has a minigame which is "talk to everyone in the world every chapter and pick the correct choice out of 5 options", also known as "we really wanted to sell a guide". Also, Rikku aged backwards like 3 years mentally since FFX.

I am kind of curious how many people's favorite Final Fantasy is the first one they played. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

mine's shadowbringers which came out last summer so

before that it was ff8 which I was totally the right age for but I didn't play it until it came out on steam a few years back

before that it was 10 which is nostalgia-driven at least partially

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The first Final Fantasy I ever played was FF6 and I'd probably rank it below X, X-2, FF7, FF8 and the remake of the ones I played. Better than XII or XIII.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

mine's shadowbringers which came out last summer so

Same, pound for pound Shadowbringers is the best-written Final Fantasy. It is, however, also comparatively short, but it manages to pack a lot of emotional punch for something that at the time looked like it was going to be a weird digression from FF14's main plot arc.

It's also in my top 3 for best-written games of 2019, about tied with Judgment. Though that was also the year of Disco Elysium and that's so obviously No.1 that it's almost not worth pointing it out. DE blows everything else out of the park at least as far as writing is concerned.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Emet-Selch is also the best villain in any final fantasy and you can take that statement to the bank, weird time-criminal Sephiroth

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

This thread moves fast and I don't want to drag the conversation back a dozen pages, but you guys remember how Hojo's story line plays out in the original, right? Because he does die. We kill him. We kill him right after he rants about how his incredible genius and lack of basic humanity has made him invincible. He's one of the few members of the Shinra War Crime Buddies who does not get off scott free because he won a popularity poll.

Even if they make the incredibly poor decision of acknowledging Dirge of Cerberus, Hojo dies in that game, too. He dies a second time, again after the player characters tell him he sucks.

If you're worried about video game bad guys getting away with their crimes, Hojo is not one of those dudes. Hojo gets got.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I do like how folks have responded so sincerely to the character moments in this game, even when they hate the stupid ghost poo poo.
Vinny (Vinesauce) has been streaming through it and you can tell from his voice that he was crying during Tifa's Chapter 14 scene. :(
That scene almost got to me as well. After all the buildup of Tifa's increasing despair over the pillar situation to her "gently caress it, just leave me to die" look that she gives when she's just sitting there while the others try to escape, they really give you a sense of how broken she is in this game.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Qrr posted:

FF7 was the first Final Fantasy I played, and it is my favorite, but only just so. FFT was such a big deal to young me that I would re-create scenes from the game with my Lego Knights sets, and some of those recreations were actually pretty good! I prefer the supporting cast from FFT in, like, the broad sense; I love Cloud, Tifa, and Cid quite a lot from OG FF7, but the Agrias/Mustadio/Beowulf/Meliadoul/Rafa combo in addition to being able to name my own units and invent backstories for them in my head (plus Cloud was in it!) gives it the edge.

The second FF I actually played, however, was FF8, which is one of my least favorite, so I don't know if that's meaningful or not.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I've experienced almost all of them through playing with friends or watching playthroughs, but the ones I played to completion myself are 4, 5, 7, and 6.
Of those, I usually say 6 is my favorite, and yet... I think I've only beaten it once. I do plan to go through it again sometime soon.
But even though I ranked 7 at #2, it's the one I keep returning to. I've probably gone through it something like 5 times. So maybe that's actually my favorite one now.
I liked 9, but I don't think it's quite the masterpiece some people make it out to be. Half of the characters just get forgotten after the first or second disk. 4 was my first, so it's got a special place with me. I found 12 interesting, but I never got too deep into it. I'm confident I would like it if I really gave it a shot. 13 can eat my rear end.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My first FF was 4, which I loved at the time but barely think about. I played 6 and 7 and really liked those too but Tactics and 8 were the Pinnacle for me until getting back into the series much later with 14

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
My first Final Fantasy was FF6, and while I liked it well enough I don't think it's made much of an impression on me in the long term. To be honest I was way more into Chrono Trigger. Then FF7 came out and it completely blew me away.

Then I hated FF8.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I need interesting mechanics in my rpgs and FF4 and 6 don't have poo poo in that department, even though those were the first ones I played. And as good as 6's story is it's totally put to shame mechanically by the games immediately before and after it. After I discovered 5 I haven't looked back, as far as SNES FFs go

TBH I think the "your favorite is whatever you played when you were 12" argument is super reductive and doesn't give people enough credit for personal tastes. Yeah some people probably don't think too hard about the things they like and default to nostalgia, but I think most people put a little more thought into it than that.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Played 4 first, still love it to this day because I got invested in the characters. It's my 3rd favorite FF title.

Character investment drives my like for FF titles. I stopped at FFX before playing FF7R, but my top 5 would be in order: 7, 9, 4, 8, 6.

For JRPGs in general, slot in Chrono trigger after 7 and before 9.

anakha fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Apr 22, 2020

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

homeless snail posted:

I need interesting mechanics in my rpgs and FF4 and 6 don't have poo poo in that department, even though those were the first ones I played. And as good as 6's story is it's totally put to shame mechanically by the games immediately before and after it. After I discovered 5 I haven't looked back, as far as SNES FFs go

TBH I think the "your favorite is whatever you played when you were 12" argument is super reductive and doesn't give people enough credit for personal tastes. Yeah some people probably don't think too hard about the things they like and default to nostalgia, but I think most people put a little more thought into it than that.

I mean when I was 11/12 my first game was FFX and it's not my favourite game. So yeah it's bullshit.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Forums FFVII supremo Elentor, who is currently running a FFVIIR LP in the LP forum is having a lovely time, and there's links in there to maybe throw a few bucks their way and help out. Check it out.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3919870&pagenumber=8#lastpost

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

9 was my first but I think I like 10 a little more than it (and I played 8 and 6 before I played 10).

X's battle system is super simple outside of boss battles and the last couple areas but the story is good, graphics are both pretty and well-designed, characters are good, it's just pretty neat. The highs hit hard enough to disguise the lows.

Meanwhile 9 is just plain 'solid' all around, the only reason it doesn't feel like a Dragon Quest game is that most of the characters actually feel like they have a place in the world instead of the very... 'staged' feeling that DQ has to it.

Also while I'm talking JRPGs, lol at anyone who says Octopath Traveller is some kind of spiritual successor to old FF when it barely has a story.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
I want them to keep Lucretia as just awful and double-down on Vincent having disaster taste in women. And life in general. Make Vincent a disaster, Square.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If Barret doesn't scream "where it's fuckin' head!? This whole things stupid" at jenovah in the next one I'll be so upset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

guts and bolts posted:

edit2: gently caress now I'm gonna put them in order from best to worst. Judge me, I care not

Well poo poo if we're gonna have the "rank your favorite FFs" discussion I'm not going to not participate.

FFIX is my favorite. I think you're probably right that, to a degree, it's the "hipster choice" for the best one among FF fans. The reason it's my favorite is similar to why I love Chrono Trigger so much: it's this warm, welcoming hug of a game with loads of personality. I just love spending time with it, more than any other game in the series.

I could write a lot about the rest of my top five favorites but I'm on a work call that I probably don't have to say anything but it it's tearing my attention in half, so instead I'll just rank my favorites in order (sticking just to the numbered, non-MMO ones, because including related games and MMOs is gonna make this more complicated than I want to do right now). Also I'm leaving out II and III since I've never really played more than a few hours of those.

1. IX
2. VI
3. XII (honestly 2 and 3 shift around sometimes)
4. VII (back when I was an edgy teenager I insisted VII was overrated and "good but not as good as we all remember," but on a replay back in college I realized no, it really is that good)
5. X
6. IV
7. V
8. XIII (I'd be lying if I said there weren't parts of this that I really like, enough that I have more fond memories of playing it than bad ones)
9. VIII (this one I really want to like for some reason)
10. XV
11. I (really I like FFI, I just don't really feel the need to revisit it, and I could see myself at least dipping back into all of the other games listed above at some point; probably doesn't help that I never got through the original NES version and only really played the GBA remake so it didn't make like a mega-strong impression on me)

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 22, 2020