Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

jabro posted:

oh yeah

Thanks. Does anyone know what happens to the stuff in your big bag once the sub runs out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

BisonDollah posted:

Thanks. Does anyone know what happens to the stuff in your big bag once the sub runs out?

Your crafting bag? Your materials stay in there and you can pull from it but nothing can go back in until you sub back.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

not gonna lie, that crafting bag is nice.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I did the trial just so I can dump all my poo poo into the bag.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

The bag is ridiculously useful for changing the flow of the game, and also incredibly frustrating knowing a UI shortcut is locked behind $15 a month. All the other ESO+ stuff is cool but also doesn't feel unfair not having.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Updated invites to both Chill Bros and Deconstruct Circle Jerk (crafting guild) to this point.

I can't update your status, so please be patient and we'll get that taken care of ASAP.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
I would like an invite on NA with @Ackbarre to Chill Bros

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

The bag is ridiculously useful for changing the flow of the game, and also incredibly frustrating knowing a UI shortcut is locked behind $15 a month. All the other ESO+ stuff is cool but also doesn't feel unfair not having.

crafting is suddenly fun, when you realise it's not "neurotic bag manager 2020"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Crafting is cool if you are new and level two characters one after the other, suddenly you have enough mats and bag space for all the stuff you want to keep for research as well.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

learnincurve posted:

Crafting is cool if you are new and level two characters one after the other, suddenly you have enough mats and bag space for all the stuff you want to keep for research as well.

Crafting can be a decent source of income if you do your daily writs (and you can do them on every char) - but really only provisioning and alchemy are going to be useful for most players.

You're just not going to be crafting your own gear anytime soon due to the time gated research - nor are any crafted sets part of the end game meta - and you're going to see more profit selling the mats then the crafted sets.

Basically crafting at this stage is "Do writs, sell upgrade mats - make your own food and potions to save gold."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Some of my research has like 24 days left. poo poo's crazy.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Actually, crafting gear with Training for leveling and alts is pretty sweet. It's less dependent on RNG and other than maybe having to buy a couple of pieces with Training off the guild stores, it's not expensive. Plus it reduces the murder hobo look.

It's not strictly necessary though, and it does get tricky when you hit Champion levels and you progress faster than your skills can keep up with.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You mean there are people who don’t max out every crafting skill on mmos just for the fun of it??? How do you even go past mats in the wild and not farm them???

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

learnincurve posted:

You mean there are people who don’t max out every crafting skill on mmos just for the fun of it??? How do you even go past mats in the wild and not farm them???

The struggle is real

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Actually, crafting gear with Training for leveling and alts is pretty sweet. It's less dependent on RNG and other than maybe having to buy a couple of pieces with Training off the guild stores, it's not expensive. Plus it reduces the murder hobo look.

It's not strictly necessary though, and it does get tricky when you hit Champion levels and you progress faster than your skills can keep up with.

Sure - but literally every single guild including the goon guild can craft you a set of training gear for free.

I don't know if it's the case anymore but guild banks typically have a bunch of white training gear that you can equip, and then take off and put back if you just can't bear asking for help.

So if you want to make alts - you go to the bank, get the white crap training armor, eat whatever xp scrolls you have, and go do dolmens for 4-6 hours and walk away at level 50, put the crap training gear in the bank and get your real CP160 gear...

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I've deconstructed every green+ piece of gear that I don't need for research, and I'm CP140, and I'm barely at 25-30 for most of my crafting skills. I got provisioning up to 50 in the hopes that I could maybe get Master Writs so I can get storage coffers but that hasn't really paid off so far. I just kinda deconstruct and research for no reason really, I feel like I'd be better off just vendoring everything for house money but maybe it'll be worth it one day??

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

potaties posted:

I've deconstructed every green+ piece of gear that I don't need for research, and I'm CP140, and I'm barely at 25-30 for most of my crafting skills. I got provisioning up to 50 in the hopes that I could maybe get Master Writs so I can get storage coffers but that hasn't really paid off so far. I just kinda deconstruct and research for no reason really, I feel like I'd be better off just vendoring everything for house money but maybe it'll be worth it one day??

Provisioning pays off in that it's cheaper to craft your own food. Same with alchemy. The other skills only pay off if you run lazycrafter, and do your writs, then sell off the upgrade mats.

You can and should make alts to just do writs if you don't mind the drudgery of it.

Also - crafting without ESO+ is non viable...so forget it if you're not willing to Pay2Craft.

Edit:

Also if you are a crafter and you aren't running:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1346-DolgubonsLazyWritCrafter.html

You're just doing it wrong....

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 23, 2020

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

FileNotFound posted:

Sure - but literally every single guild including the goon guild can craft you a set of training gear for free.

I don't know if it's the case anymore but guild banks typically have a bunch of white training gear that you can equip, and then take off and put back if you just can't bear asking for help.

So if you want to make alts - you go to the bank, get the white crap training armor, eat whatever xp scrolls you have, and go do dolmens for 4-6 hours and walk away at level 50, put the crap training gear in the bank and get your real CP160 gear...

Huh. I guess I need a new guild. I haven't been given access to the bank. (on PS4)

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Doctor Zero posted:

Huh. I guess I need a new guild. I haven't been given access to the bank. (on PS4)

ESO lets you join 5, I urge you to take advantage of that and join at least a solid active guild besides the goon one, and a trading guild.

I'm in 3 guilds currently, the goon guild, the guild I actually play with, and a guild that has a trader for me to sell my trash on.

I'm on PC so can't give you recommendations, but do find out where the guild trader is before you join, you don't want a guild with a trader in some shithole nowhere near a waypoint - you're not going to do well selling there. Really if you see a trader in a good spot, look up the guild and see if you can just join it - that's what I did...

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 23, 2020

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Crafting is also useful for using fewer improvement mats, which is pretty crucial. Enchantment is pretty good too, though admittedly unlike with provisioning (and I think alchemy) there's no need to have it on everyone. But then again it has easy master writs, so it's not the worst idea either.

But yeah you should be maxing smithing/woodcrafting/clothier only after cp200 or so, and jeweler is more of a cp300-400 affair.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Private Speech posted:

Crafting is also useful for using fewer improvement mats, which is pretty crucial. Enchantment is pretty good too, though admittedly unlike with provisioning (and I think alchemy) there's no need to have it on everyone. But then again it has easy master writs, so it's not the worst idea either.

But yeah you should be maxing smithing/woodcrafting/clothier only after cp200 or so, and jeweler is more of a cp300-400 affair.

Speaking of jeweler - am I missing the point of it?

I really haven't seen a crafted jewelry item that I wanted to use that didn't cost literally 600k - everything else was on the level of the trash you are drowning in from doing a dolmen grind...

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

until youre doing vet stuff regularly so you have a steady stream of purple jewelry to decon it kind of sucks but once you do its nice now for some more expensive overland sets to get just cheap junk ring and necks and make them epic and transmute any bad traits

gold jewelry has always been kind of a super luxury even before jewelry crafting was a thing

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reinstalled, logged in to reshuffle rank permissions, and crashed the moment I opened my mail to send Dori some stuff. Performance patch indeed.

Good riddance

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The only time I have ever crafted jewelry is for the couple of purple master writs that had 190 crafting writ rewards. Blue master writs with 30 writ rewards are not bad either. Just last night I did a purple master writ for an epic necklace with the robust trait for 194 writs. Still need 50-ish more master wits for Unsurpassed Crafter. :smith: ...and then another 13 styles for True Style Master :smithicide:

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
Honestly I am only grinding crafting to make all the furniture.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

I understand folks who PvP, and I get RPers, but running into someone who does both at the same time was kinda :wtc:

e: vvvv Normal PvP chat is like "20 AD inc BRK", "Chal FD 50%", but this dude was all "AD squadron assaulting the gates!", "Dragonclaw commander, what's your situation?" etc.

count_von_count fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 24, 2020

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

count_von_count posted:

I understand folks who PvP, and I get RPers, but running into someone who does both at the same time was kinda :wtc:

I come from a tabletop RPG background, so going into MMO's I was always at least somewhat interested in the RP side. Never really got into it in ESO. I have played on a lot of RP-PvP servers in the past, and it's usually like, you do your RP thing, and if there's a reason for combat to be involved, you can follow through. I have not typically seen people like, doing structured PvP fully in-character... If you have, that sounds weird and great and I'd like to hear about it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Good video on the state of ESO atm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee1hY1LJHIw

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Cuddly Tumblemumps posted:

Honestly I am only grinding crafting to make all the furniture.

It’s like the sims if the job the sim went to was stabbing things for 6 hours a day.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i dont think ive really touched housing since like morrowind came out in 17

it is a huge resource sink

(not even getting into the :10bux: sink if you want the way too fancy houses for my taste)

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Started playing again. Someone give me invite privileges to the EU guild so I can invite goons on the other megaserver!

The Doormat
Dec 20, 2010

:dukedog:
My partner and I are looking into getting into this because we're bored and locked indoors due to the plague. Neither of us plan to pay for ESO Plus for the forseeable future.

Question 1: If we pre-purchase the Greymoor expansion on Steam that includes the base game and previous expansions, do we have to wait for Greymoor to unlock, or can we play the already released content now?

Question 2: How does partying with a character from another alliance actually work? Could I play a Dunmer and someone else a Breton or something and have the non-PvP content available to us to play together?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Doormat posted:

My partner and I are looking into getting into this because we're bored and locked indoors due to the plague. Neither of us plan to pay for ESO Plus for the forseeable future.

Question 1: If we pre-purchase the Greymoor expansion on Steam that includes the base game and previous expansions, do we have to wait for Greymoor to unlock, or can we play the already released content now?

Question 2: How does partying with a character from another alliance actually work? Could I play a Dunmer and someone else a Breton or something and have the non-PvP content available to us to play together?

1. No, you are free to play the older content immediately.
2. You can party up with anyone on any alliance without jumping through hoops.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Scyantific posted:

1. No, you are free to play the older content immediately.
2. You can party up with anyone on any alliance without jumping through hoops.

2 is all true and all but it does help to be the same faction and having the same starting quests - and actually being able to go into the open world pvp zone together - even if just to get skyshards...

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The Doormat posted:

Could I play a Dunmer and someone else a Breton or something and have the non-PvP content available to us to play together?

It's worth getting the "any race, any alliance" upgrade if you want to play whatever the hell you want and still have access to all the same stuff.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

Is there anything more annoying than being caught/killed by the guards just after you've spent a quest robbing some rich people blind? After dying and returning to a wayshrine not working I thought using a soul gem would have brought me back with all my lovely loot but was just a straight waste of a soul gem. KEWL.

HEY UNDERGOUND COMMUNITY ASSHOLES, build an entrence closer to the wayshrine, ya dolts. (I'm bad at this game).

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
Scy and the grumpsquad can angerpost, and I'm not faulting them, I know they have things they like to do that are stupid right now and justify them uninstalling...... but as a regular-rear end chump with some level 50s I'm running through stuff using Alcast's solo builds (sidenote, when did they start doing that?! the solo builds are fantastic!).......

This game has more solo story content than I could frankly ever work through and I'm having a great time on covid leave playing constantly. Aaaaaa

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

ESO is rapidly becoming a casual theme park MMO.

So if you are totally cool with that and could not care less about vMA weapons, set nerfs, pvp desync etc...

Then yeah your experience with ESO will be very positive.

I don't care about pvp or the vet content so I don't encounter the issues that the hardcore community is legitimately upset about.

Eso is perfect for messing around with hundreds of hours of solo content and running normal dungeons that you can't really gently caress up badly on.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m still a relative newbie, with only 1 level 50 in scrub gear and stuff, but isn’t this going to be that as eso is the only mmo on Xbox 360 it needs to be geared to a more casual audience (like me)? As a rule console gamers get pretty pissed off if they can’t pick up and play/get locked out of endgame content for not being hardcore enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

for like six years eso is incredibly casual except for the like <10% of content that is endgame which is actually pretty difficult

i don't think ESO does a good job at all for preparing people for that either, really. if it ever did