Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Soothing Vapors posted:

I hope every ability brokenframe has is cycle-to-choose-hold-to-cast garbage

btw you can invert this functionality in the settings to make it hold to cycle, and it makes a bunch of abilities way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Guilty posted:

Was wondering if anyone else had any zephyr tips or tricks to advise?

1 is basically like gauss' 1, more duration = more birb. kind of situatonal outside open world

2 is a really lame CC attack

3 with the aug makes her impervious to gunfire/projectiles (with enough range) and she goes faster and shoots projectiles farther

4 trick here is always use explosives with her (bramma is very good for this) and use 4 on clusters of enemies while zooming in so one tornado always stays on top of the enemies. there's a weird trick with explosives and the tornados where it captures all the damage ticks at once and you can use her 4 like mag's magnetize bubble and put out a ton of damage and status quickly

i also prefer using the new exilus aug that turns off her passive. she's actually pretty decent over all now

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Iretep posted:

i dont think syndicates have much input on the matter since they dont have tenno to send to the cause. teshin not screaming about how right he was and how we arent ready and are all gently caress because nobody prepared in the conclaive is pretty jarring though.

Would be nice to have Cressa Tal throw shade at Sargas Ruk or something. :effort:

Joke serious option: Have Clem and Darvo be the event vendors.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

mortons stork posted:

What do I need to be a good Frost in Scarlet Spear? All in on power strength for avalanche armor stripping?

I use a lot of power for armor strip (85%) and some range to cover the area. I stand right in front and every time the condrix spits more sentients I cast and the rest of the time pound the goatse with contagion.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

Got another question, my Gara used to upgrade splinter storm damage by 5k at a jump. After the shield gating update, with no changes to my builds, the splinter storm damage is barely upgrading by 1k. Does anyone know how to increase the splinter storm value?

Edit: using galatine prime maxed for slash since I don't have a riven

Mine does 12k like always :shrug:

You want four +element mods, and four +damage/+slash mods, Mire and Jaw Sword are just slightly better because of their syndicate augments

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Thanks for the zephyr and Gara tips, I did not know that about Gara, think I screwed up my mods. Cheers!

Edit: that mire tip literally doubled what I had before on my galatine prime before I screwed up my build, holy poo poo, thank you

Guilty fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 22, 2020

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

the acceltra is also good on her, i can generally shred level 175 corrupt bombards in seconds with her

4 aug with lower range (so the nados dont fly off in all directions) makes it work a bit better in corridor situations

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

smallmouth posted:

I use a lot of power for armor strip (85%) and some range to cover the area. I stand right in front and every time the condrix spits more sentients I cast and the rest of the time pound the goatse with contagion.

I find that a first bubble can cover the area. I have to remember to pop it before leaving for the next one. It's especially egregious in Murex raids since the way the game works is it actually reuses maps, repeatedly, so snow globes don't reset, they just stay there. You get to the 3rd Murex and you see your old bubbles where they were, but you have a new oplink area. Which also breaks ~My ImMerSioN~

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

mortons stork posted:

What do I need to be a good Frost in Scarlet Spear? All in on power strength for avalanche armor stripping?

Icy Avalanche is a nice team buff here, because Frost's 4 is pretty decent cc/team buff/armor strip with that setup. Extra armor goes a long way with some of those jerk sentients at murex #5.

sure you could run Limbo but you could also not run limbo!

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Apr 22, 2020

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Psion posted:

Icy Avalanche is a nice team buff here, because Frost's 4 is pretty decent cc/team buff/armor strip with that setup. Extra armor goes a long way with some of those jerk sentients at murex #5.

sure you could run Limbo but you could also not run limbo!

I just got bored of Limbo is all!
I'm iffy on Icy avalanche 'cause I feel I only have one slot for augments, and I'm partial to the 50% slowdown on ice bubble entrance. But I dunno, I also don't like that augment, I'd prefer a more reliable crowd control.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
I have Mesa Prime in the oven. Having never played Mesa before, how should I build it for
A) Scarlet Spear
and
B) The rest of the time?
Are there augments I should get, etc.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

mortons stork posted:

I just got bored of Limbo is all!
I'm iffy on Icy avalanche 'cause I feel I only have one slot for augments, and I'm partial to the 50% slowdown on ice bubble entrance. But I dunno, I also don't like that augment, I'd prefer a more reliable crowd control.

no i'm with you, limbo is boring

frost lets me hit the right balance of having to pay attention to not be super bored but also enough oplink protection to skate through all 5 murexes

Preechr posted:

mesa's waltz is the only augment worth slotting, IMO. Being able to reposition while you have your 4 up is a lot more useful than it might seem at first glance.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Yeah, I'm running a real generic Mesa with the 4 aug in the Space missions of Scarlet Spear. I took a page from building out Titania and built Mesa's guns all about fire rate. Mesa just spews bullets, and sooner or later the Sentients are deleted.

I'm sure there are more optimal builds.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I tried to make Mesa print more bullets rather than more damage per bullet, but I've found that it's very detrimental in this case because it forces you to have only one additional element, basic or combined, and the Sentients can block your extra element and all three physicals on the regulators with their damage gates before going down, while having, say, corrosive, fire and the three physicals means that they can't damage gate all of them before they die. Mesa's autoaim doesn't give a poo poo about using punch-through, so that's an easy to use slot. They genuinely go down a lot faster.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Preechr posted:

I have Mesa Prime in the oven. Having never played Mesa before, how should I build it for
A) Scarlet Spear
and
B) The rest of the time?

I'm doing pretty well as a Mesa main this event, getting good times and carrying well. I invested 1 forma into the frame, and 3 forma into regulators. Mod for Duration and a bit of strength. Very important to hit the 175 max efficiency too. I never found the 4 augment to be worth it. Instead I use vigorous swap, and just swap in and out of 4 and zenurik around for energy. Using arcane velocity and avenger.
For my regulators I'm prioritising fire rate, with anemic agility and lethal torrent along with the usual mods. Make sure you have a dual pistol for your secondary also. I can delete round 17 sentients in about 3-4 seconds.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I just use my regular old Mesa build for Scarlet Spear and it's more than sufficient. Nothing fancy, just duration with a bit of range and power.

Guilty
May 3, 2003

Echophonic posted:

I just use my regular old Mesa build for Scarlet Spear and it's more than sufficient. Nothing fancy, just duration with a bit of range and power.

I find range to be unimportant since regulators fire at a flat 50m. Sure it's nice to get the additional shooting gallery buff, but I just stand next to something and open fire.

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!
All the above Mesa chat is great advice, except that using thr augment that allows movement in Peacekeeper (her 4) makes her not do the cool poses, and therefore makes your fashion frame demonstrably worse. Getting used to just jumping, hitting 4, killing everything before you hit the ground, and then exiting 4, is a pro-skill and frees up a slot taken by the augment.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
You only need as much power as necessary to get to 165% strength 'cause that is the 95% damage reduction threshold for her 3. For the rest, duration and efficiency.
Regulators, just slap fire rate and elements. I actually didn't figure out before reading here that it's best to have a variety for sentients, and was wondering what I was doing wrong.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I would actually suggest as much strength as you like because hey, extra Peacemaker damage.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

mortons stork posted:

You only need as much power as necessary to get to 165% strength 'cause that is the 95% damage reduction threshold for her 3.

Who told you this, the threshold is actually 119%

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
That's some egg on my face. Disregard what I said then.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Tallgeese posted:

I would actually suggest as much strength as you like because hey, extra Peacemaker damage.

This is less useful than it sounds because of the weird way peacemakers scale with power strength (it's not linearly)

Guilty
May 3, 2003

mortons stork posted:

You only need as much power as necessary to get to 165% strength 'cause that is the 95% damage reduction threshold for her 3. For the rest, duration and efficiency.
Regulators, just slap fire rate and elements. I actually didn't figure out before reading here that it's best to have a variety for sentients, and was wondering what I was doing wrong.

I'm not entirely sure about this because I just have corrosive on regulators and I can delete the highest level sentients in 3-4 seconds on a pure fire rate build. But I'm going to test out adding another element and see how well it does, because I'd love to just fire and forget and not have to position. Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Higher level sentients benefit from you switching between mesa bullets, another decent gun and anime mode every so often. I've found regulators build doesn't matter a huge amount as long as every few thousand bullets you switch out. Basically if you go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt and baddy not ded, switch quickly. I've got a moderate 2-forma Mesa build, a very good 6-forma primary and I've been carrying pubbies for weeks. Just don't duplicate damage types if possible.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
My typical mesa runs Narrow Minded and Stretch to get 79% range, which is more than sufficient for her 2 to jam guns of random grineer/corpus trash.

My question is, does Mesa 2 work on Sentients?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

cynic posted:

Higher level sentients benefit from you switching between mesa bullets, another decent gun and anime mode every so often. I've found regulators build doesn't matter a huge amount as long as every few thousand bullets you switch out. Basically if you go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt and baddy not ded, switch quickly. I've got a moderate 2-forma Mesa build, a very good 6-forma primary and I've been carrying pubbies for weeks. Just don't duplicate damage types if possible.

If you have 3 elemental mods (for a combined element and one non-combined one) you should be fine without needing to switch.
Sentients get resistance to up to 4 elements, so to kill them without just bruteforcing through the 95% damage reduction with hugedps, you need at least 5 damage types. IPS are 3, and 3 elemental mods on your weapon make 2 more. That way, once you've reduced it to 15% health remaining, you'll still be doing full damage with the peacemakers' puncture or slash component (25% of the base damage) instead of doing 5% of normal damage and having to weapon swap.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

If you have 3 elemental mods (for a combined element and one non-combined one) you should be fine without needing to switch.
Sentients get resistance to up to 4 elements, so to kill them without just bruteforcing through the 95% damage reduction with hugedps, you need at least 5 damage types. IPS are 3, and 3 elemental mods on your weapon make 2 more. That way, once you've reduced it to 15% health remaining, you'll still be doing full damage with the peacemakers' puncture or slash component (25% of the base damage) instead of doing 5% of normal damage and having to weapon swap.

There is also a point of view that standing in the area with the best line of sight, and pressing 4 is boring as hell. I admit I like making life harder for myself, which is why I have so many forma in poo poo weapons right now.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

cynic posted:

There is also a point of view that standing in the area with the best line of sight, and pressing 4 is boring as hell. I admit I like making life harder for myself, which is why I have so many forma in poo poo weapons right now.

If you're bored of Mesa'ing, The Kuva Chakurr is an excellent anti-sentient weapon if only because it shits out so much damage in one shot that they can't build resistance to it quickly enough. With a Slowva around even higher level sents go down in a couple shots.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
umbra excal is a good anti sentient too. he also awoos constantly that stun the sentients and resets their resistances.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
My problem with excal umbra is that I see so many mr 9 people bringing that to a group thinking they're contributing anything when if there's one Mesa, the excal is just dead weight. Excal umbra and wukong are the two most worthless dead weight that I see in this event so often. There are just so many better frames to bring along

Yes, I know they can deal damage, and I know if you had three vegetables playing the other frames wukong and excal can theoretically "carry". But the point is to get a 20-30 min run, not a 1 hour long run

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

So if you're an MR9 player with not much gear to your name, what should you bring? Frost or limbo I guess, and take those roles?

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Frost's augments are pretty nice but honestly I've found dumping too many forma into Frost just to be able to spam his unaugmented 4 with enough strength to strip all armor and a tiny amount of duration to be more than enough CC for spear missions. You still have enough range to cover the oplinks because you want a bit of range for avalanche anyway.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

On ground teams, if there's a Limbo or Frost protecting the oplinks and giving you cover, you can also try using Volt. Use Speed on the party any time people are moving between points, and when you reach the point, make sure you've always got a 1-4 shield thick wall aimed up at the Condrix. Any shots going through any shields get a flat +200% crit damage boost, and a stacking +50% Elec damage boost for every individual shield.
The shields can also provide very partial temporary cover to oplinks if the Limbo or Frost falls asleep for a bit, but bullets can definitely slip through.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I suspect Titania would work nicely alongside Mesa, because she also gets to shoot through Limbo bubbles.

I find Mesa plenty fun, primarily because I don't use Mesa's Waltz, and so prefer to reposition by throwing myself through the air with bullet jumps.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

ElegantFugue posted:

On ground teams, if there's a Limbo or Frost protecting the oplinks and giving you cover, you can also try using Volt. Use Speed on the party any time people are moving between points, and when you reach the point, make sure you've always got a 1-4 shield thick wall aimed up at the Condrix. Any shots going through any shields get a flat +200% crit damage boost, and a stacking +50% Elec damage boost for every individual shield.
The shields can also provide very partial temporary cover to oplinks if the Limbo or Frost falls asleep for a bit, but bullets can definitely slip through.

IMO Limbo is better for ground teams, because he only drops bubble when all the sentients (with stasis resistance) are dead and the only enemies around are grineer trash. Frost bubble only acts as a barrier to enemies outside shooting in, too big a frost bubble and enemies that wander inside get to shoot your oplinks.

And if your team knows how to predict Condrix drop sites, then Volt is also unnecessary, because as soon as Limbo drops bubble and stasis, your entire team hauls rear end to the next site. 200% duration will last the entire oplink scan phase. Wisp can help keep you alive when high level sentients spawn in and start dancing on you, and she also gives a decent amount of speed.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Guilty posted:

My problem with excal umbra is that I see so many mr 9 people bringing that to a group thinking they're contributing anything when if there's one Mesa, the excal is just dead weight. Excal umbra and wukong are the two most worthless dead weight that I see in this event so often. There are just so many better frames to bring along

Yes, I know they can deal damage, and I know if you had three vegetables playing the other frames wukong and excal can theoretically "carry". But the point is to get a 20-30 min run, not a 1 hour long run

oh sorry, i meant space. i refuse to touch ground anymore to the point it never occured to me anyone was giving advice for it. yeah excals useless in ground im pretty sure. you want i guess limbo and mesa for ground and something to slow down the sentients. limbos so useful in ground to the point youre wasting time picking anyone else since he can just bubble the op links and walk away to the next goatse.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

IMO Limbo is better for ground teams, because he only drops bubble when all the sentients (with stasis resistance) are dead and the only enemies around are grineer trash. Frost bubble only acts as a barrier to enemies outside shooting in, too big a frost bubble and enemies that wander inside get to shoot your oplinks.

And if your team knows how to predict Condrix drop sites, then Volt is also unnecessary, because as soon as Limbo drops bubble and stasis, your entire team hauls rear end to the next site. 200% duration will last the entire oplink scan phase. Wisp can help keep you alive when high level sentients spawn in and start dancing on you, and she also gives a decent amount of speed.

Yes, but the question specifically was "what frame(s) can I, as a lowbie, bring to Scarlet Spear and not feel like I'm totally useless?" and Volt Shields are still going to be a nice boost to crit damage that speeds things up on the last few Condrixes no matter how good the rest of the team is. Volt is also a starting frame, so he's pretty easy to obtain if you didn't start with him.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Guilty posted:

Nah, even if there's a Mesa, especially if there's a Mesa, Umbra will wipe Sentient adaptation and allow the peacemakers to wipe them even faster, he's seriously really good support for her, far more than another Mesa.

You still need a globeframe though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guilty
May 3, 2003

pork never goes bad posted:

So if you're an MR9 player with not much gear to your name, what should you bring? Frost or limbo I guess, and take those roles?

Honestly, limbo has the best role in ground. Just shoot the goatse, and place your 4 then 2 over the oplinks and chill out till everyone else does all the work. I'm not sure with regular limbo, but limbo prime only needs 1 forma to get online for the event. Mod for a bit of range and some duration, you only need enough range to cover all the links and enough duration to reach 40ish seconds on your 2

Frost also has a good role, but grineer can walk into the bubble so you kinda gotta sit and make sure not too many assholes walk in. If you want to get full utility out of frost tho, you'll want to mod for str to try and get max armor strip for sentients (on your 4). The 2 augment is really useful too.

But probably the easiest for people without a lot of gear is volt, who's amazing in this mode. Speed is great shield is amazing because it doubles as a dmg buff and you can help shield oplinks. Only problem with volt is that he's not vital like Mesa and frost/limbo are for ground.

Guilty fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 23, 2020