Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

actually now that i read it theyre not that complicated but still likely a giant pain in the rear end to get to a person and schedule an appointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Gio posted:

actually now that i read it theyre not that complicated but still likely a giant pain in the rear end to get to a person and schedule an appointment

same

I wouldn't be psyched to go through several robodialer menus and wait on hold for 20 minutes to get a hold of the Health Department official before the 15 minute conversation ensues, though

mystes
May 31, 2006

Crusader posted:

last thing i saw was that the winter wave could be worse because of coincidence with flu season
The quotes in that CNN piece are all taken from the Washington Post though.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Singing "CoVID-19...is going to kill you" fits well with the main riff in the music playing here.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

If you go to get tested for COVID you receive a detonator as does the prospective patient in line behind you. If you don't blow up that boat no one gets tested for COVID

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

If the results of that nicotine study hold up than the covid risk reduction is huge, and presumably we won't need to wait to long to find out. It leads to a real dilemma, as someone with an addictive personality do I resign myself to yet another lifelong addiction or choking to death on my lung fluids. Decisions.

Pepperoneedy
Apr 27, 2007

Rockin' it

Is this COVID testing or means-testing

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Nocturtle posted:

If the results of that nicotine study hold up than the covid risk reduction is huge, and presumably we won't need to wait to long to find out. It leads to a real dilemma, as someone with an addictive personality do I resign myself to yet another lifelong addiction or choking to death on my lung fluids. Decisions.

thanks to the magic of cigarettes you can do both

Mourne
Sep 1, 2004

by Athanatos
Welp I have a Coronavirus success story. I got approved for UC and my Berniebux came through today.

I now make 29$/hr to stay at home and poo poo post till the end of July.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Give me an excuse to use snus again macron

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Sheriffs in Washington and Michigan are now saying they will not enforce the governor's Shelter in Place orders.

I'm not sure if this is the breakdown of rule of law, but it's definitely the first few cracks.

CHUCK WAS TAKEN
Aug 1, 2004
this kid has heart

Mourne posted:

Welp I have a Coronavirus success story. I got approved for UC and my Berniebux came through today.

I now make 29$/hr to stay at home and poo poo post till the end of July.

Cool, I'm going in to week 5 of my employer filed unemployment being under "eligibility review" while I make $200 a week working 10 hours lmao

e: but I just got my mf tax return though, fuckyea! not goin broke this week

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

COVID-420 posted:

Sheriffs in Washington and Michigan are now saying they will not enforce the governor's Shelter in Place orders.

I'm not sure if this is the breakdown of rule of law, but it's definitely the first few cracks.

this shits been happening for years. think sheriff joe or that one county clerk who said she wouldnt sign gay marriage licenses.

i mean obviously it’ll probably accelerate

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

COVID-420 posted:

daily ACAB reminder

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

mystes posted:

The quotes in that CNN piece are all taken from the Washington Post though.

yeah but president cant read

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Gum posted:

thanks to the magic of cigarettes you can do both

It’s going to turn out that cigarettes do less than nothing and the false correlation is only because people avoid getting near cigarette smokers due to the smoke smell, therefore naturally social distancing themselves.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

everyone is hurting, the republican arm of the government cannot deal with crisis management (they are the crisis), and the actions taken on by private capital are going to make things worse.

idk what this summer looks like, but its probably pretty grim

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1252982234971344897

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

30 nicotine patches will give you a lethal dose within 3 hours.

This will absolutely kill the coronavirus.

https://filmschoolrejects.com/would-it-be-fatal-if-someone-covered-their-body-with-nicotine-patches-like-in-thank-you-for-71b469a7b3e8/

COVID-420
Apr 21, 2020

Natural cures they don't want you to know about.

Gio posted:

this shits been happening for years. think sheriff joe or that one county clerk who said she wouldnt sign gay marriage licenses.

i mean obviously it’ll probably accelerate

It's pretty rare afaik. That county clerk (Kim Davis) was jailed for contempt of court. Do you think these sheriffs will be jailed?

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Of course it is the French researchers who now turn their focus towards a potential cure that presents itself in the form of a Faustian bargain, causing one to question their life choices, reflect upon the fleeting insignificance of their own mortality, and descend further into cynical ennui

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

https://filmschoolrejects.com/would-it-be-fatal-if-someone-covered-their-body-with-nicotine-patches-like-in-thank-you-for-71b469a7b3e8/

Permanent immunization against all diseases

Fully immunized and loving it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Hahahahahahahaha
:smith:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

twoday posted:

Of course it is the French researchers who now turn their focus towards a potential cure that presents itself in the form of a Faustian bargain, causing one to question their life choices, reflect upon the fleeting insignificance of their own mortality, and descend further into cynical ennui

i imagine them smoking while saying this

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

government so small you can drown it in the bathtub oh poo poo i think we killed it help me hide the body

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

COVID-420 posted:

activate the michigan natl guard

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is hilarious coming from a rep whose state is net negative on contributions/payouts to the federal budget

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

COVID-420 posted:

bob marley was right

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Bert Roberge posted:

I'm pretty sure Sherlock Holmes did this at some point in the recent BBC reboot

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

when the governor is commanding their natl guard, the posse comitatus act doesnt apply. enforce the fuckin order whitmer

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how many old white crackheads who scream at fox news endlessly from their trailer in bumfuck kentucky is the average san franciscan supporting

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Fuuuuuuuuuck that is grim

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

where are my trump cigarettes??

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
McConnell going out of his way to be as evil as possible, if there's someone I want to catch covid it's him, that polio problem of his probably counts for being at risk of death

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

so....:ca: can stop paying its taxes?

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
anyone else notice they are getting on the same poop schedule as the rest of their house

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
McConnell cuts off the states and you gonna see some poo poo, and not in blue states tbh

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Schnorkles posted:

McConnell cuts off the states and you gonna see some poo poo, and not in blue states tbh

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1252987653361983490?s=20

Zberan Madowinty
Dec 7, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayor Dave posted:

McConnell going out of his way to be as evil as possible, if there's someone I want to catch covid it's him, that polio problem of his probably counts for being at risk of death

west wing democrats rush into the thread with the D&D guard, sobbing: "HE HAD POLIO YOU CAN'T LAUGH WHEN BAD PEOPLE DIE! DECORUMMMM!!!!"

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Trump give us fentenyl/nicotine patch so we can all be like the fat nerf armor wearing goons from the Q trial on star trek. It would be an improvement for society.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Philosopher King posted:

anyone else notice they are getting on the same poop schedule as the rest of their house

My poop schedule remains unchanged